A Comfortable Silence (Jayxre...

By Noka004

Editing/Edited (1-6) also there is gore and unpleasant words. I will try and remember to put a warning before... More

Transferring
A Not So Silent Meeting
CafΓ© time
Finally Some Sleep
Sparing
School Sucks
smart dude give info
🐺 delivery 🐺
a day with Jay
A Pretty Good Day
I've been GOTTEN?
ooo, lore
anger
soft?.......nah
dreams?
Mission? Perhaps (⁰^⁰)
t-t-torture?! (⁰○⁰)
I WANT FOOD
Tube thing
is it hot in here?
youre still a grandma
Trouble?
a sober or drunken almost murder?
Hold it in
Hello?
blossoms in blood
it wasnt on porpoise
Visits
was that your bone or mine?
(amazing a/n)
..
new name's
thats it?
what?
Birds of a feather flock together
Until the Cat Comes
we bout to have a party
it's not illegal if they dont find out
Its fun being the villain
Ring the Bell
grow up
I'll kick my feet up on your gravestone
gangster?
found you
where do you stand
The cops cant get me but stairs can
Food it is
In School?!
Im gonna be late
tell me (a/n)
take off your clothes
Only a Fool Suffers Alone
Even a Worm Will Turn
Oh. Shit?
Oh, oh damn. That hurt.
Want some beans?
Are you kidding me?
I'll think about it
If everyones special no one is
Work with me Here
Work with me here pt2
Glass
So what do you think?
Yeah, no, definitely no.
I Just Woke Up
Cooking 101: How to Sever the Hand

Ain't No Way

176 12 1
By Noka004

The blaring of my clock continued while I laid there staring at the ceiling. I could get up, or move my arm to turn it off but I just didn't.

I have so much to do today....I should call Trejean and do a check up on Pan, he's been growing faster than he should, maybe its the boost in his nutrition.

I rolled over and crushed my alarm clock, a piece of it cutting my hand. I carefully pull it out and throw it in my trash, my nerves have been kinda dulled, sadly, I love feeling soft things but it's kinda hard if you can barely feel it.

The large soft hoodie I pulled on coated over my figure nicely.

I think I'm escorting that one CEOs daughter, Poppy, I wonder why she joined KDBA, it's not like she can tell her father.

I grabbed my holster and attached it to my belt, I grab my handgun and place it in the holster, safety on of course.

The living room was pretty messy, some popcorn spilled on the floor and teenagers were splayed allover the place and a young kid sleeping across Daniel's back and Lucius laid on a sleeping Jays lap.

I completely forgot about them. I stepped slowly on the parts of wood flooring I knew that didn't creak.

Man if I wanted they'd all be dead, except, where's Hellion? I look over by the door, his shoes were gone, I guess he left.

I crept over to Daniel and Pan and shook Pan trying not to wake Daniel.

"Hey Pan, you up?"

He stretched, rubbed the sleep from his eyes and yawned out a quiet "yeah"

"Well, we have somewhere to go, do want to get ready now or help me clean up then get ready?"

"I'll....go get ready" He half whispered half mumbled.

He slid off Daniel and walked to Hellions room where I had all his stuff and where he has been sleeping.

It's still early, not even a bright sky blue outside yet. I grabbed the broom and swept up the fallen popcorn and threw it away and put the bowl in the sink.

I gazed over everyone sleeping, Jay luckily not knowing Lucius chose him as a bed, Vasco in his own little blanket burrito, Daniel facedown in the blankets with one Pan threw over him, Mira leaning on Zacks shoulder and Zacks head leaned back with his arms crossed.

"I'm ready mom" Pan whispered, taking small steps to the front door

I need to know if Pan's good to go for training or if he needs more time, it'd be a waste to wait if he could start now.

I still need to find out his exact age, he looks around 7 or 8 now that he's been eating better.

Also I don't know if he has any allergies or if he has some type of disability or if he's sick.

"You wanna sit upfront Pan?"

"Yeah!"

I start the car while Pan buckles himself in. He still seemed tired. I opened the middle console and grabbed one of the granola bars I keep in it and tossed it to him and grabbed one for myself.

"I know this isn't the ideal breakfast but it's better than nothing"

I notice his body stiffen out of the corner of my eye, I start the car and look down at him, he had already stuffed the whole bar in his mouth.

"If reuy gou" He chewed slowly while looking out the window and swallowed "I...me-nt it's really good"

My mouth unconsciously curved into a smile, if this is how Kovik felt when he found me he must have thought it was funny, this is the same food he first gave me, only I didn't talk to him for the first few days.

I pretty sure he lost his wife only a few days before he found me, he was all by himself while he took care of Hellion, I wonder if his wife knew about his work.

Kovik never told me the reason he started the business, a place full of assassins, hitmen, mysterious people of all kinds.

"Where are we going?"

"To a good friend of mine, he's smart like Kuro, you like Kuro"

"No! he's to smart, he knows everything, what if he's a robot?"

"He has his limits much like everyone else, it's not like he can hack into the governments top secret files in 5 minutes like you see in the movies, it'd take a few days, maybe weeks if he didn't have help" I explained

"So he can do that?"

"Well I don't know, he's never done it before, the farthest he's gone was delete hospital files so people can't find out any of our Identities, but he also doesn't major in that part of the field, he's a designer and an informant"

"In for what?"

"In-for-mant, informant, it means he watches people and gives me infor about them"

"Oh, will I ever be that smart?"

"Everyone's different, and you should never settle for some unless you know you've perfected it, you'll have your strengths and they'll be different from his, don't try to copy others if you can be better"

He nodded, satisfied with my answer.

It was a while before we got to Trejeans home, he recently moved to Korea to study about more diseases and illnesses, I'm pretty sure the only reason Kovik let him was because he wouldn't stop bragging about what he's learned.

I guess Kovik just told him to go learn some more to get some quiet, and I don't blame him. Trejean always seemed angry when someone accomplished more than him.

Him, Kuro and Hellion were always at each others throats, one upping the other to no end, I'm proud that Hellion and Kuro have grown since then.

I reread the message that Trejean sent me after I asked him to see Pan. This is the place he said.

"Come on Pan"

I lead him to the front door and knocked twice, very softly so I don't accidentally break his door down.

"Come in Y/n"

The door creaked open after some pushing and I heard a thud on the other side.

"Now I have to...clean that" an annoyingly soft voice growled from the other room

"You know in Korea you're supposed to be respectful to people who are older than you"

"And bow! Daniel said that was respectful" Pan insisted while he hid behind me.

Trejean scowled and came from around the corner, book in hand.

"Oh, you're still learning Korean?"

"...yeah, you are good at it"

"You mean better" I grinned teasingly "I'll help you later, right now is doctor time"

He took one look at Pan and grabbed his arm. He pulled him to the next room while I followed.

He hadn't completely setup everything but it'd do for thisbi guess.

He rolled Pan's sleeve up and felt around his arm and forearm, then doing the same with his legs.

"He's still thin for his height, but his you can't see the rib cage so that's good" he lifted Pan's arm, checking its movement them doing so woth all other limbs.

He felt around the table with all the supplies.

"Where's the....uhh...uhm....." He seemed to grow increasingly irritated "FUCK! The reflex hammer" he shouted, though it was in English it was entertaining.

"Do you have one?"

"....I..um..look, I haven't unpacked everything yet"

I feel around my pockets before I find the perfect thing to use.

"Here, use the handle of course"

"Get that fucking gun away from me, why do you even have that? And get me a roller, should be one in the kitchen"

"I'm guarding Mr. O'Sullivans daughter today, real pretty, I think you'd like her"

"Rich girls are usually obnoxious to be around, no thanks, and it'd be so weird"

"I swear you're never gonna get a girl friend"

"Shut up and let me do my job, which I'll do after you get me the fucking roller"

"Why are you still talking in English? You'll never get better at this rate"

I shuffle around looking for the kitchen, I didn't find but in one of the fallen boxes I found a roller, along with some magazines that we won't speak of, but those are some pretty hot actors.

I hand him the roller so he could continue with Pan's check up. His face turned to one of intrigue as he test Pan's knee reflexes.

He quickly grabbed headphones and put the over Pan's ears, he gives him some quick instructions and snaps his fingers in his left ear and Pan raises his left hand.

"This feels better" Pan smiled "so much quieter"

Trejean smiled and snapped in his right then left and Pan raised his hands in the same order.

Out of nowhere Trejean swung his arm full speed at Pan.

"Interesting"

Pan had snapped his head to the left, dodging Trejeans fist narrowly with wide eyes.

"Y/n, this kid is incredible" he stood and smiled at me brightly "his hearing is beyond great, and his body reacts perfectly with his mind, almost as if his mind is a little faster than everything else".

"....wow...I was gonna smack you out cold for trying to hit my kid but I guess he's better than you"

"Better? I could kill this kid"

"Try to, go ahead"

"......nnah" He leaves the room and all I hear is loud rummaging from one of the other rooms.

He took a cotton q-tip and stabbed the inside of Pan's mouth.

"This is gonna take a while for the results, you got somewhere to be?"

I check the time on my phone. Shit, only 20 minutes till I gotta work. I take my gun off the table and put it back in my holster.

"Yeah, can I leave him here?"

"Yep, leaves more time for testing anyway"

"Uhuh, don't go crazy with it though"

♡♣︎♡♣︎♡

This is boring, nothing to do here, how many people even know about her. I stood over her shoulder while she chatted with her friends, sipping on Boba tea.

"Hey Poppy" the young male of the group whispered "who's she? She our age?"

"Huh? Oh, she's in high-schooler, I think she's 17?" She turned to me "Hey are you 17?"

Is she serious? We're not fucking friends. for now I'm guarding her, yeah, but you usually don't talk to them.

"I can't say"

"What? Really? Come on"

I looked up and away from her face. How'd she even get into the KDBA? No way she's graduated yet.

"Hey Pops, ever think about dying your hair? I mean we love your natural hair but everyone loves change" her dark haired friend said in a bittersweet voice

"What? But my hairs so different in Korea, you almost never see redheads here"

"Well I think you need a change, also you'd look great if you were a little paler"

What the hell? Why do kids always have friends like this? How do you not drop a cunt like this within the first week of knowing them?

"Also are you gonna work out for summer? Because if we go to the beach we don't want you making us look bad"

Poppys eyes seemed glazed over and glossy and she wouldn't look up. Fucking morals.

"You guys make yourselves look bad by yourselves, I mean look at this face" I gripped Loras jaw "so ugly, how do you even walk outside looking like this? Maybe you should keep your mask on"

Poppy looked shook. I am supposed to guard her and I guess that means her ego as well.

"Girls that look like you must be lucky, don't have boys chasing after you all day"

"That's not true, my boyfriends right here!" Tears were forming in her eyes

"Well doesn't look like he can get anything better either, and you're both assholes so, fits like a puzzle"

I grabbed Poppys wrist and pulled her up.

"Pay for your own order, after all, we wouldn't want to make you seem poor"

I paid for Poppy's drink and another to-go for myself and walked her around all the shops close to my home.

She mainly looked at all the expensive clothing shops, and some food shops.

Her gaze seemed fixed on a snack that you usually only see in the US. Does she miss America? I don't, I was so busy everyday there, so much underground shit, I'm pretty sure I got shot once too.

"Poppy? You g- erm, are you okay miss?"

"You don't have to say miss, your status is above mine either in this world or in the...other one".

"Have you graduated the academy yet?"

"Are we supposed to-" I put a finger up to her mouth

"Academy is a very expandable word, I'm obviously talking about school"

"Oh, sorry"

How is she ever gonna graduate? There's no time to be an idiot in this business.

She should drop her friends, they're below her and I don't think she'd kill them if we said to.

"Have you been on your first trip yet?" I browse the shelves at the new store she walked into

"No I haven't Miss" she rubbed her hand on her pant leg "Heh....I was going to ask my trai...teacher when I'd go on one"

She's nervous.

"Why are you thinking of this Occupation? It doesn't suit you"

"Well I could say being bodyguard doesn't suit you"

"Poppy, I was built for this and much worse"

"Well.....I thought that..well I wanted to find my mom I thought if I got into the same field as KU I'd be able to find her"

"You don't decide your field Sullivan"

"Oh" her tiny bit of confidence fell down to the pits of hell with that "I didn't know that"

"To late now, you're stuck with what the superiors decide once you graduate"

"Who are the superiors"

"I'd be ruining the fun if I told you, but I  suggest you don't try and fuck your tests up in the fields you don't want, the superiors usually make you do them again if some of your grades plummet"

Her jaw clenched and she balled her fists and she widened her posture.

"I'll ace all those tests"

"I don't care, are you done shopping?"

"Yeah, can you drop me off at PTJ?"

"Eww, sure"

We took a long walk back to my car, I didn't know we walked that far, didn't seem like it. Poppy walks so slow, like a fucking snail....how does she not know the superiors?

I wanna go home and see Lucius, he's such a good boy, I wonder if Jay freaked out once he woke up, I'm a little sad I missed it.

Poppys attention seemed caught by the lowly playing radio. She turned the volume up and smiled widely while moving her head from side to side, mouthing the words.

I was right, no way she'll graduate KDBA, if she even manages to scrape her grades up to barely passing I'll be impressed.

Well, maybe she'll be surprising like Natasha.

"Oh, we're here! I heard Hellion started modeling here!"

"What!" I pressed the brakes gently to park and stared at her "when!?"

"Few days ago, you didn't know? Aren't you guys close? He's already on a few magazines"

Why didn't he tell me? Was he trying to? I should've listened, I'm an awful friend.

"Ok, I'll walk you in, this is it for my job today but....call..if you need help"

She nodded and jumped out and waited in front of the car, practically shaking.

She must be excited to be here, I guess this is a pretty big deal if you get invited here. I wonder what they want with me.

I opened the large door for her and waved goodbye.

"Y/n!"

"..what?"

"Can you walk me to the elevator, I'll be fine after that, I promise"

"haa, fine"

I did as asked and walked her to the elevator. Her posture was hunched, she's practically asking to be picked on.

I put my hand on her shoulder and waited till she looked at me, when she did I straightened my own posture, silently telling her to fix her own.

"Okay, go break legs" I yawned out as I walked off.

My phone buzzed with the little tune I set to play whenever I got a call.

"Whats up Callahan, how's Pan"

"First name Y/n, say my first name" He growled "Okay, you said he looked about 6 or 7 when you found him right?"

"Yep"

"Well, I found out why he's growing at the rate he is"

"And that is? Stop pausing your sentences Trejean"

"He's....his actual age is 12, his growth was stunted from lack of nutrition and now that he's getting that nutrition he's growing very fast, he'll need large amounts of food to support his growth"

"...."

"Y/n? Are you there?"

"..ye....yeah...just one thing"

"What is it?"

"Ain't no fucking way"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 1.3K 36
Have you ever wonder if your world is a fictional story? What will you do if such information lands on your hand? What will happen if a boy named Min...
1.5K 96 6
What if the world of Lookism is a game following Park Daniel's life, his transformation, his life's adversaries, his happy endings and sad endings. ...
FAME By Naveyu

Fanfiction

3.1K 58 14
She's drop dead gorgeous, intelligent, rich, and kind hearted. Born with a prominent name and is raised by one of the most powerful men in South Kore...
5.8K 284 14
I have to protect what is most precious to me even if it means that I'll have to put my past behind me ~ Our past never forgets~ ...You left me behi...