Sauvage | Jeon Jungkook

By tjunglebook

"No private conversations in my company, Ms. Carlson," he says coldly, making me gasp silently at the accusat... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Final
Epilogue

Reflection

13.3K 543 291
By tjunglebook

Another book, another ending, and another stream of invisible tears. I think if I ever stopped writing, one of the reasons would be that the ending is always a bit wrenching and sad. But it's so relieving and proud-making at the same time.

I don't know if any of you will read this chapter, but I want to take this opportunity to thank you for joining me on this journey, for laughing with me, and for cheering with me for our couple.

If I told you about how endlessly fun I had writing this book and the amount of giggles that psychotically echoed through my room as I thought about it at night, you would laugh at me.

But I know and I've read it in the comments that you guys had just as much fun reading and waiting for new updates, which makes me so indescribably happy. So thank you for all the laughter you brought me. You guys are hilarious 😆

I want to talk a little bit about the book itself, so if you're interested, stick around! 💕

Title:

I've had so many people ask me what the title means and I've answered some, but now it's time to say it for everyone. Sauvage is a French word meaning wild or savage. When related to people it can mean unsociable - or so Google told me.

I think I had the most trouble with the title because I couldn't figure one out. My other two books are inspired by songs, but this book was so spontaneous and out of nowhere that it was a little hard.

I had so many ridiculous ideas that you would probably laugh at me if you heard them, so I won't even share them. But after much deliberation, I decided on Sauvage and I have to admit - I love it.

Not only does the title relate to Jungkook's character, but Sauvage also exists as a perfume for men. If you ever get a chance to smell it, I suggest you do so, because then you'll know what Jungkook smells like in this story. The perfume made Mikayla more interested in him and honestly, the name was a perfect fit.

Plot:

As I mentioned, the story was very spontaneous because I originally had another story in mind that I wanted to write. You guys decided on my Instagram for a CEO book, so it had settled quickly.

The first chapters were kind of an introduction to the characters in the book, an idea of the workplace, and the general vibe. Since I wanted a story that was casual and fun from the start, everything was quick and easy to write and I have to say that I like the length of the chapters in this book the best.

The chapters are to the point and without babble, although I may have started talking too much again towards the end lol. I don't understand how this book is still longer than Dangerous Woman, bruh. I actually wanted to make the story shorter but here we are now🌚

Now many may wonder - T, when did the love story between Kook and Kayla start? Well, I don't know myself.

It's the first time I've written a slow-burn story and I sometimes had a hard time deciding when is the right time to let it sizzle between the protagonists. I put in as much tension and moments as I could to build it up slowly and not rush it. I don't know if I did a good job, but reading the frustrated comments confirmed that the slow-burn did indeed burn.

Chapter 18 - at the launch party where Jungkook almost kissed Mikayla - it started between them. Jungkook himself was shocked and confused about his actions, which took him a bit of time to sort out his feelings. But I guess it was a good start for him to realize that Mikayla makes him feel good, that he is comfortable with her and can talk openly about anything. That she is more than just an employee.

From that point on, he began to care for her. He took her to the hospital when her mother was brought in. He was concerned when she ate the strawberry cake and had an allergic reaction. All those things, the little moments, the brief eye contacts, the small touches. It all made his heart pound again until he realized she was what he had always needed.

Maybe it started earlier - who knows? But what we know without a doubt is that he has found his soulmate and will never leave her.

Characters:

Mikayla:

Where do you want me to start? Ahh, our female lead.

I'll be honest with you, I was nervous at first about creating a character like her because she's different than any character I've written before. The amount of hits my forehead had to endure and the embarrassment attacks I had to deal with are uncountable.

But I love Mikayla with everything that she is. She may not be everyone's comfort character and maybe some have stopped reading because they couldn't take the embarrassment anymore, but she is certainly mine.

I felt every word she spoke even if in reality I would never have said the things myself. She was open and honest, so caring and funny that it's probably safe to say she's my favorite character.

I wanted something different, something easygoing and a person you feel comfortable and safe with. A person you would want as a friend or just in your life so you could have a flicker of light in all the darkness.

Honestly, I can understand why Jungkook fell in love with her because same. Anyone would want a partner who pays attention to their interests and their concerns and that's exactly what Mikayla did.

Maybe not always on purpose, but that's just how Mikayla is. She doesn't think about wanting to be kind, considerate, generous, compassionate, and selfless; she simply is. A heart of pure gold, worthy of being treated like a treasure in a time where people like her can almost be counted on fingers.

Our personalities don't overlap in many aspects, but as you know, my characters always carry a part of me even if it's a small one. So knowing that you loved Mikayla made me feel very happy.

Jungkook:

Hmm, Mr. Jeon!!! ASDFGHJKL

I am on my knees for this man and honestly, he can do anything he wants with me. I mean, all my Jk characters have been hot, but the way Mr. Jeon has outshined everyone else is toe-curling.

Do I need to talk about his dirty talk? Because I don't know if my poor heart will be able to take it. Although I am the author and therefore responsible for what my characters say and do, I can assure you that I have blushed and giggled like a madwoman so many times at the things he has said to Mikayla. We couldn't have had him speak little in bed too and so it looks like it's the only place where he can express himself the most and the best.

Before I started writing this book, I already knew that I wanted him to adopt this personality. Cold on the outside, but so gentle and warm on the inside.

I wanted Mikayla and him to be two different personalities at first glance because I really like the sunshine x grumpy trope. But I didn't want Jungkook to be stern and assholish just because. I wanted there to be a reason why he acted the way he did.

This story was supposed to be easy, fun, and light-hearted, which is why I tried to keep the dark side of issues to a minimum. Jungkook was honestly the most relatable character for me and I found it easy to reflect my thoughts, feelings, and struggles with and through him. I wish I was Mikayla, but I'm Jungkook and that's okay too.

He may be a rich, successful, and extremely hot man, but what everyone else failed to see is that he was suffering through it all by himself with all the weight on his shoulders. And that led to him closing himself off to protect himself, which in the end only resulted in people perceiving him as arrogant and cold.

I am glad that our boy finally got someone special in his life who saw and acknowledged his struggles. Someone like Mikayla came like a bandaid for all the cracks and splits in his heart that not even his family could heal. When you don't have someone who understands you - or at least tries to - you feel lonely. But the reason for Jungkook's cold exterior was not because he was heartless, but because he learned to use that heart less.

Jimin:

Two BTS members as CEOs? Double heart attack, I guess.

I wanted Jungkook to have a best friend who would stand by his side through thick and thin. A person in his fucked up world who won't turn his back or treat him like he's being dramatic with his mental health issues like everyone else.

We didn't see much of Jimin as CEO even though I tried to include him as much as I could. But he changed from Mr. Park to Jimin for Mikayla because she grew on him too.

Jimin was more expressive than Jungkook, more comprehending even if he is authoritative and serious during work. Sort of like Jimin in real life. Maybe it didn't come across that way, but here in this story, he was also the little flirt that he is.

Megan:

Every girl needs a bestie, so I had to give our girl Mikayla one as well. I wish I had given Megan a different name because people kept assuming she was Megan Thee Stallion because of the same first name and the fact that she's black, but whatever.

It makes me happy to know that most of you loved our bestie too. She too was fun, savage and so feisty. I mean I would be afraid she would pull my hair out if I said something wrong hahaha.

She was so supportive and caring for our Mikayla, just a friend that everyone needs. I also wish she would have met a man to show her what true love is, but like many others, she hasn't had any luck in that department. Maybe soon though.

Ethan:

Uhmm. Plot twist?

I think none of you expected him to turn out that way. Every comment had his name with the heart-eyes emoji behind it and I was sitting there like: yeah, just wait 😀

Jelly Kook is my favorite and I won't shy away from including that in every book I write. It adds flavor and spice to the plot. Am I toxic for thinking that it's hot? Probably, but that makes me one of you because you guys are the same. Don't lie to me lol

Men like him - oh wait, I mean boys - need to learn the meaning of no. If a woman, or just anybody, rejects you, it means they don't want you, so trying a little harder won't do anything. Honestly, big egos suck so much. Why do some people even think they are irresistible? The only thing you are is replaceable. Period. No one can be Jungkook, anyway.

Camille:

Probably the most hated person in this book hahaha.

I understand your frustration because I felt the same. Not only did she almost make our Mikayla cry, but she tried to steal our boyfriend. But now all kidding aside, she was really difficult. At least in the beginning because we ended up getting closure between her and Jungkook.

It's hard after all this time to realize that your ex is the man who treated you the best so far, but you were too blind to see it. After Camille came back to try her luck with him again, she realized that he had already moved on and even had eyes for another woman.

Maybe Jungkook didn't notice it himself, but the way he always looked at Mikayla was certainly noticed by the people he knows best. So Camille tried her best to approach him, to win him back. And honestly, I can understand her because who wouldn't want Jungkook?

But when she noticed that Mikayla gets his attention more than a normal employee should, she tried to mess it up between them with little misunderstandings. Was it fair? Probably not, but I guess it was her way of trying to keep his mind off of her.

I'm glad she realized in the end that she can't give Jungkook what he needs and that he already found another woman who can. Accepting something like that is hard, but she managed to do so. Someone asked how tall she is, I don't know maybe 5'8?

Mr. and Mrs. Carlson:

The best parents award goes to them, fight me.

Everyone reaps what they sow the saying goes and this is quite evident in this case as well. It is very important what parents teach their kids because they play a big role in the upbringing of the child. It doesn't always apply, but in many cases, parents are responsible for how the personality develops and what kind of human being the child becomes later on.

I don't know why I decided to make Olivia (mom) blind, but I guess I wanted to show that Mikayla's parents are just as kind as she is despite all the bad things they have experienced. It was also a reason why Jungkook felt so at peace and at home when he was invited to dinner.

Josh:

We didn't see Josh as often as Megan, but still, he is part of Mikayla's close circle of friends. He is a tall man from Belgium, funny and sassy when he talks with Megan about other people. I've never spoken about sexuality in my books, so I wanted to include a character, thus we got a gay friend.

Lizzie:

Just a character we needed to have some office sex sksksk.

I'm kidding. But you guys need to be careful who you trust because not everyone is your friend even if they pretend to be. Mikayla is not a stupid or naive woman who would befriend anyone just because they are nice to her, but Lizzie took her kindness to her advantage.

It sucks that there a people like her in real life and I wish everyone had the guts to admit to those who they don't like that they don't like them instead of talking shit about them behind their backs. Or just keep the distance. There is no need to act friendly if you hate a person, right?

I think these were all characters mentioned that had significance to the story. I hope I didn't forget someone important.

A last few sentences from the author:

I enjoyed writing this book so much because it always brought a smile to my face. Be it Mikayla's hilarious and embarrassing blabbering and behavior or just the sweet moments between her and Jungkook. My standards have now skyrocketed and I'm kind of sure I will end up single for the rest of my life. I also realized that my writing has gotten better (please agree with me or I will cry), so I'm proud of myself for that. And please ignore that this reflection chapter is a mess.

Again, thank you guys for loving this story so much. I wish I could hug you all because the support on Sauvage was sooo overwhelming. Happiness shared is happiness doubled, so hopefully, I could make you happy with my writing the way you made me happy with your comments and lovely messages. I appreciate you all and I'm sending my virtual hugs 🫂

I hope to see you guys in my next book and until then, take care and don't forget to spread love! 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 1K 20
YN left her job while she had an heated argument with her CEO, as she never give up on her pride when it comes to anything, happened to work with Mr...
144K 9K 70
Everything is fair in love and war. But what if you find both love and war in one person? "Are you perhaps ignoring me, Mr Jeon?" Minhee presses on f...
29.2K 1.1K 31
โThank you for everything. Thank you for loving me. Thank you.โž tears threatening to escape from his eyes โThank you for letting me be a part of you...