๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ง๐—ง๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—›๐—”๐—ช๐—ž๐—ฆ || k...

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™„ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฃ๐™ค ๐™๐™ช๐™จ๐™—๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™˜๐™๐™ž๐™ก๐™™๐™ง๐™š๐™ฃ, ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ก๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™—๐™ค๐™ช... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 11

14.2K 863 184
By ASTRAGAZER-

Perhaps it was because of the adrenaline, you were surprised when you heard that one of the twins had a bad asthma attack that you suddenly had this instinct to come with Hawks to the hospital. But after a few minutes your head cleared and you realized you were actually hundreds of feet above the ground. You had no time to admire the cityscape as your vision almost spun.

"Oh shi–" you muttered, closing your eyes and you unconsciously tightened your hold on the only thing you can hold, Hawks himself, who in turn held you closer.

"We're almost there," he said, his voice almost getting drowned by the wind whooshing by.

True to his words, a few moments later Hawks slowed down until he landed down and your feet finally touched the ground, although your bum almost touched it first as you wobbled if not for Hawks holding your arm.

"Are you alright?" he asked quickly and you nodded just as quick.

"I'm fine," you answered, in case your silent nod was not enough reassurance. At least your words were as Hawks started to walk towards the entrance of the Hospital.

He didn't just walk past you, you realized a second later that he had taken your wrist and you had no choice but to follow after him again, you didn't even have time to protest at his sudden actions when he got to the reception desk and asked a few things before heading to where his kid was.

You followed after him, not bothering to wriggle your hand out of his hold until you and Hawks entered a room and he halted before you peered out from his back, since his otherwise huge wings kind of obscured you from the front. As it turned out there was a woman there sitting on a couch with a kid you recognized as Keishi. When she noticed Hawks she stood up, carrying the sleeping boy in her arms.

You heard Hawks let out a sigh of relief and you were finally able to slide your hand from his hold, and because he was no longer holding your wrist quite as tight. The woman seemed to tell Hawks a few things until he nodded.

"You can go now," Hawks said. "Thank you."

The woman gave the boy to Hawks before she bowed and left. You were guessing she's the sitter. She looks about a few years older than you, other than that you decided not to indulge yourself with any more unnecessary thoughts about her and instead watched Hawks as he put the sleeping boy on the couch slowly so as to not wake him up, put a blanket on him before he went over to the bed where an identical boy is asleep as well.

He lifted his hand to touch the boy's forehead, who in turn moved close to the familiar touch before the boy slowly stirred from his sleep.

"Papa..." he muttered, still sounding groggy and his eyes half-lidded. "Papa...earlier, Ta-chan couldn't breathe."

"Did Ta-chan play too much?" Hawks asked, his thumb brushing the boy's fringe.

"A bit..." Keita coughed and you found yourself taking a step forward before you realized it and you stopped. "A bit...too much," the boy continued.

"Rest some more. Once Ta-chan gets better, we'll all go home."

The boy nodded and Hawks put his hand back to his side. Keita moved his head but then before he could close his eyes, he caught a glimpse of you and he called Hawks again.

"Papa," he said with his small voice. "Who's that pretty miss over there?"

It was a second later when you realized the boy was referring to you and you looked at Hawks who didn't answer for a few seconds. It was as if he's debating about whether it's the right time to tell the boy or not. But in the end he chose the latter, realizing it might not be the right time yet considering his condition and his brother is still sound asleep on the couch.

"You'll know soon," Hawks said instead, brushing the boy's forehead again. "For now, get some sleep."

The boy nodded and closed his eyes, he didn't ask for more and a few moments later his breathing became even and he had fallen back asleep.

You watched as Hawks turned to you and you waited for him to say anything because it looked like he was about to tell you something. But before he could open his mouth to say anything, the door slid open and a doctor came walking inside.

"Hawks," he greeted before looking at you. A few seconds later a look of recognition suddenly lit his expression and you in turn furrowed your brows. "Heavens, Hawks is she..."

"Yes,"

"Y/n," the doctor said, this time his expression broke into a smile but you're still looking at him in confusion.

For some reason you know you've seen this man before, but you couldn't remember his name. He does look familiar but his name was as hazy as a foggy morning. You weren't particularly good with names after all, and you don't bother remembering other people's names before, except the ones who were significant to you.

"Hiro she, uhh..." Hawks started, a bit hesitant as he walked in front of you. "She might not remember you. She did something with her quirk and now she doesn't particularly remember anything about me or the twins."

"Oh, I see. I'm Doctor Kusakabe Hiro," he said, turning to you and you nodded, before you turned around and walked to the window to look outside, clearing your head when it started to throb again. As you stand there you can still hear the two talking behind.

"But I'm glad you found her, it's been what, five years?"

"Yes," Hawks said.

"On a more important note," Doctor Kusakabe looked at his clipboard, this time sounding professional unlike earlier when he sounded like he was simply catching up with a friend. "Keita-chan's asthma attack has gotten a bit worse lately so I'll prescribe him with a few more medicines. But rest assured, as long as we continue the treatment we can get it under control and hopefully prevent any serious damage to the growing lungs."

You found yourself taking a deep breath and a question suddenly struck you.

"Doctor Kubasake," you called and you heard Hawks and the doctor snorted before they cleared their throat in what was so obviously to prevent an unmistakable laughter.

"She didn't change," Doctor Kusakabe said with a smile. "You called me exactly that the first time we met. It's Kusakabe, not Kubasake."

You cleared your throat before you composed yourself and finally asked the question that started to bug you now.

"Is asthma, you know, can you..." you look at the sleeping boy who is now breathing evenly, but before you can continue talking, the doctor already knows what you were going to ask.

"Can you genetically inherit asthma?" he asked and you turned to look at him before nodding. "Well, it's arguable but a genetic predisposition can result from specific genetic variations that are often inherited from a parent and therefore predisposes us to having the same disease. And it is believed that three out of five cases of asthma are..." he trailed off and you looked at him, urging him to continue.

"Hereditary," he said. "In this case it's Keita's inherited genetic makeup that predisposes him to having asthma because you have it too."

"How do you..." you asked, trailing off this time. But before you could ask him how he knew you have asthma too, Hawks suddenly spoke.

"Hiro," he called the doctor, but his voice carried a serious tone and a hint of finality. "It's not her fault that Keita has asthma."

"Oh no, I'm sorry, I really am," Doctor Kusakabe said quickly. "I'm sorry I didn't mean it to sound for a moment like I was blaming you. Diseases that our kids inherit from us can't be prevented, and it's never our fault. That's why as doctors, we are constantly in pursuit of finding ways to treat those diseases."

You didn't say anything, mostly because you were still thinking about what he said and partly thinking about how he knew you had it too. Until Hawks spoke.

"Hiro, can I ask for a favor?"

"Sure, whatever I can do," he said, turning to Hawks.

"Can you do a DNA test between the twins and Y/n?"

Before Doctor Kusakabe can speak, you beat him to it. Saying something that took Hawks by surprise.

"There's no need," you said, turning to Hawks. And the words he wanted to hear since he found out you had altered your memories were finally spoken out loud. "I believe you now."

You are done contradicting everything Hawks said. When things seem to fall back to their place, even though there are still some things that don't make sense to you, Hawks is there to make it make sense and you believe that too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5K 43
[COMPLETED] ษช แด…แดษด'แด› ษขษชแด แด‡ แด€ แด…แด€แดษด 'ส™แดแดœแด› แดส ส€แด‡แด˜แดœแด›แด€แด›ษชแดษด สŸษชแด ษชษดษข ษชษด แด›สœแด‡ แด˜แด€๊œฑแด›, ษชแด›'๊œฑ แด€ ษดแด‡แดก ษขแด‡ษดแด‡ส€แด€แด›ษชแดษด --------- Ukiyo (n.) living in the moment, detached fro...
464K 23K 70
"No matter what, I'm a brother first. And a proud one at that." Bakugou M/n is a wise boy and an even greater hero-to-be. however, he's got one loud...
68.9K 1.6K 15
As a third year in UA you were expected to do great things, although no one truly appreciated you or your quirk the pro hero Hawks did. He might of a...
67.1K 1.1K 30
Becoming a hero was an alright job to you. You attend a hero meeting and finally get to meet the youngest hero "Hawks". Your life was normal until yo...