A Diamond Heart

By Maryel_73

A vow is a vow, it shouldn't be broken. But Fernando Perez broke a vow he made 13years ago never to fall in l... More

Episode 01
Episode 02
Episode 03
Episode 04
Episode 05
Episode 06
Episode 07
Episode 08
Episode 09
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19
Episode 20
Episode 21
Episode 22
Episode 23
Episode 25
Episode 26
Episode 27
Episode 28
Episode 29
Episode 30
Episode 31
Episode 32
Episode 33
Episode 34
Episode 35
Episode 36
Episode 37
Episode 38
Episode 39
Episode 40
Episode 41
Episode 42
Episode 43
Episode 44
Episode 45
Episode 46
Episode 47
Episode 48
Episode 49
Episode 50
Episode 51
Episode 52
Episode 53
Episode 54
Episode 55
Episode 56
Episode 57
Episode 58
Episode 59
Episode 60
Episode 61
Episode 62
Episode 63
Episode 64
Episode 65
Episode 66
Episode 67
Epilogue

Episode 24

442 20 0
By Maryel_73

A
    DIAMOND
             💎
               HEART

Episode 24

~Playlist for this chapter is 'One Direction – Kiss You' 🎶🎶 do enjoy

Fernando's POV

"Sir Fernando, Sir Fernando" I heard a voice yelling for me from my slumber. I groaned and covered my ears with pillows. "Sir Fernando it's 11 am, are you...." I flutter my eyes open and sat up immediately without waiting to hear the remaining words. My gaze greeted Mr. Pedro who was standing at my bedside and he gave a slight bow.

"Good morning, son".

"Good morning, Father. Is it 11 am as you say?"

"Yes, it is, Sir- son, I mean son" he corrected himself when he saw me glaring at him.

"What happened this time around? Why am I waking up by this time? I didn't even hear my alarm". My head suddenly pounded when I raised my voice a little. "Arrrrrggg" I grimaces and held it, "My head aches" I groaned.

"If I hadn't collected the bottle of whiskey you were having last night you would have been feeling worse than that".

"Did I get drunk last night?" I furrowed my brows in surprise.

"You did. I had to stop you from emptying the bottle at around 5 am".

"5 am? Please tell me I didn't blab anything stupid?" I requested and he sighs and shrugs.

"Well, I didn't think what you said was stupid because you said you meant it but I didn't believe you. I had to wait till this morning to ask if you meant what you said".

"Really? Tell me what I said last night". I was getting worried right now, what the hell did I say when I was drunk? Did I spill out my pathetic past to him in my drunkenness?

"You talked about a girl you kissed. You said the kiss was a sweet one that ignited fireworks inside of you. According to you, it was real, that the kiss was real and you felt it so deep-" he paused and glanced at me, I was suddenly looking pale and feeling all sweaty, I had to get up from my bed and walked to the window.

"But of course, I didn't believe you, it was too strange to believe. Since I've been working for you you've never for once talked about a lady nor even invite any of the female genders to your house except for your mom. So how come you kissed a lady? Have you finally decided to have a woman in your life?".

"No! No! Not Fernando Perez!" I exclaimed avoiding my gaze on him. "I love no woman, Father. All that I said last night was out of intoxication".

"I thought so too, I mean not that you can't love a woman or share a kiss with her but it's too sudden, at least I want to see you two go for a date like most couples do, and...."

"Please stop! It's never going to happen with someone like me. Love isn't on my agenda, so don't dream of a fairy tale life for me. Thanks for your concern but you shouldn't think about it. What I said last night is bygones, sometimes we say weird things when we are drunk" I cut him off.

"Very well then. I'll leave you to prepare for today's activity, I'll wait downstairs to drive you to the company whenever you are ready" he gave a slight bow and turns around to leave.

"I don't think I'll be going to the office this morning. I need to go for a jog, perhaps when I'm back I'll prepare for work and I guess that will be by noon that I'll be ready for work".

"Okay boss, I'll be right here waiting" he replied and exited my room.

I need some air, is hot in here. I grabbed my grey jogger pants and my black hoodie paired with my black sneakers and put them on. I took my Ear pods, turned on my Bluetooth and I found myself jogging out on the street down to the roadside. I don't know how long I've been jogging but I kept jogging until I got to a park and flopped my body to the grass panting heavily for breath and a flashback of last night came to mind.

I did say something about that kiss with Micaela to Pedro after all, but I had to deny it in front of him because I was still unsure of what I'd felt during that kiss, and besides is not worth talking about. I was just tensed when she kissed me, yes, I was tensed that's why I felt that way. It was my first time sharing a kiss with a woman, so it's expected to have that awkward feeling.

"Hello, handsome!" A woman's voice chirped beside me and I squint at her and sat up immediately. My gaze travels up her face and it made me wonder where she had appeared all of a sudden. "Quit looking like you've seen a ghost, you should be glad a beauty queen like me is talking to you" She smiled and I raised a brow at her.

Beauty queen? Who told her she was beautiful? I focused on her face down to her body and I....well, she's not bad looking after all but that shouldn't make her hype herself you know.

Staring at this lady right beside me reminds me of someone, Micaela Alvarado. Weird imaginations of her sitting right next to me clouded my thoughts, and the thought of her soft lips lingering on mine sent different signals to my whole body.

I squeeze my eyes shut briefly and fluttered them open. No, no, no, this is just stupid! I can't be thinking of her right now, there's no way I'll let just one kiss turn me into something else. Perhaps she is not the only lady that can send such signals to me, it could be something that happens when you kiss every lady. What if I try it with this lady? She could be the sign I need to forget about that one kiss I had with Micaela.

I plugged my gaze with the lady sitting beside me and she shrugs. I'm sure she was wondering why I'm staring at her like that without saying a word to her. I cupped her cheek and kissed her lips. Call it crazy but I did it, I wish I didn't do it but I did it even though it was forbidden for me to do that to myself.

I couldn't care less if it lasted a minute or just 30 seconds, but all I knew was that I pulled away gritting my teeth bitterly. She was dumbfounded as she stared at me blankly in a gap. I shook my head at her and stood up hastily and vanished from her sight while I heard some cussed words behind me.

***

"Hey, buddy, what's up? Why are you looking so perturbed?" Antonio asks as we sat in my living room. I'd call him over to my house after I'd left the park 30 minutes ago. I was deeply confused and restless after I kissed that lady in the park. I don't need someone to tell me what I did to that stranger was bad. I was meant to apologize for what I did but I only walked away as if nothing happened.

"Perturbed is an understatement, if there's another suitable word that describes how I feel right now then you should use it instead" came my reply and Antonio snorted. To say the truth I'm more than perturbed, I'm lost and I need someone to find me and put me back on track.

"What happened buddy? Why are you sounding so serious? What went wrong when you went out for a jog this morning?"

"I kissed a lady" I answered irritatingly.

"Woah! Seriously?! Is that the new you now, you going around kissing ladies? First is with Micaela and now it's with some random lady? Who is next? And When did you become a Casanova?".

"Just stop it already Antonio, is not funny. I'm not a Casanova. You of all people should know I have no dealings with women".

"But yet you kissed two ladies within 48 hours" he scoffed and glance around.

"I have my reasons!" I retorted and he raised a brow at me. "When you asked me yesterday about the kiss with Micaela, I didn't give you an answer because I was still thinking it through".

"Yes, that's right, I know sooner or later you'd tell me" he flashed me a smile and I scowled at him. "Sorry," he raised his hands in defeat.
"Yes, I did feel something like fireworks in my stomach and my heart throbbed faster when we kissed..."

"Yes! It is called butterflies, buddy! Or well you can call it whatever you like!" he exclaimed excitedly cutting me off I shot him a glare that wiped off his excitement and I continued.

"I thought I was just tensed since it was my first time engaging in a kiss with a lady but I was wrong. I decided to try it with a random lady that was wooing me at the park and when I did kiss her, I felt no butterflies or fireworks in my stomach. My heartbeat was normal and I wasn't even nervous. I got so confused and ran from the park to my house. I had to call you down here to understand what is happening to me. Why didn't I feel the same chills and fireworks in my stomach with this random lady as I did with Micaela?"

"That's love!" He answered grinning from ear to ear.

"What is love?" I furrowed at him confusedly.

"Love is when you met with Micaela Alvarado and you saved her life more than twice like some prince charming in a fairy tale and then you both shared a kiss that ignited fireworks inside the both of you and 'boom! there's a connection that causes you not to take your mind off her" he explains or more or less blabs. Yes, Antonio is blabbing, what he just explained is arrant nonsense.

"Antonio?"

"Yes, brother".

"Can you always do me a favor and not answer some questions you are not sure of the answers to? I'd prefer you say you don't know instead of giving me a wrong answer".

"What?? What do you even mean by that?" he asks with a scowl.

"It means what you just explained to me about love is trash. Sorry if that came offensive" I said and he snorted.

"Buddy! Don't tell me you're trying to play dumb and also blind at the same time over this thing called love?"

"And I ask again, what is love? Because I don't understand how you summarize all I said about kissing two ladies that gave me different feelings being love".

"Hold on a sec, what don't you understand? That your mind is hazed with a woman named Micaela Alvarado? Or that you're trying to repudiate what you felt all the times you spent with this woman while you were in Seoul and most especially the magical kiss you both shared?"

His question caught me off-guard and I stared blankly at him. Love? Did he say, love? That's impossible! Love is not on my agenda, I can never love a woman, not after the trauma I went through because of them. Whatever I must have felt while I was with Micaela isn't real and cannot be real. Perhaps I was just imagining myself feeling a tingling inside of me when it's just nervousness. Besides, how do you love someone in just two days?

"That can't be love. I can never love a woman and you Antonio know it. Love isn't on my agenda, and it will never be. What I felt with Micaela was just nervousness and..."

"Why didn't you feel the same nervousness with the random lady you kissed this morning?" he interrupted and I stared at him silently for a moment.

"Well, because it was the first time with Micaela, and when it comes to the second lady, I wasn't nervous as the first time maybe because I am getting used to it. As they say, there's always a first time to something and I guess that's what happened to me" I answered with a shrug and he snorted.

"Keep lying to yourself, Fernando Perez. You might think you can deceive me, but do you know who you can't deceive? It's yourself!"

"I'm not deceiving myself, Antonio".

"Of course, you are. In fact, right now your eyes are betraying you".

"What do you even know about my eyes?" I grunted. I think I'm beginning to get pissed off right now. The reason for that is what I don't know.

"The truth is always so bitter and agitating, dear brother" he scoffed and that got me more agitated.

"What are you even saying?" I grunted and he shrugs in response.

Is it true I'm feeling enraged because all that he was saying is the truth or am I just being paranoid?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 588 40
My life is a mess....my 2 years old relationship broke up and my mother had an accident, my brother is a drug addict, everything is a mess in my life...
11.2K 307 32
a story how a young woman fell in love with a man through a forced marriage ••• Violet Rosé McQuoid, a 23 year old who dreamt to become a doctor to c...
45.5K 1.8K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
170K 5.2K 30
|||| COMPLETED |||| Highest rank on what's hot list: #2- heartbreak #2- betrayal #2- billionaire #2- relationships #6- lovestory #13- love #27- se...