Hers | COMPLETED ✔︎ | UNEDITE...

By kafhere

❝ He places kisses down my neck, where he nibbled earlier, but instead of stopping there, he goes for my coll... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11.5
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Authors note

Chapter 8

1.2K 27 6
By kafhere

Long chapter ;)

Azura

  "Right here." I point out the passenger side window. It's a brick house with flower beds and a well-maintained garden.

  I don't know what I expected a funeral home to look like but this wasn't it.

  Miles pulls into a parking spot. We take a second to stare at the building in front of us.

  "So. What are you going to ask?"

  "The events of 17 years ago."

"Well, this is a funeral home. I imagine there are a lot of events."

"Just shut up." I roll my eyes and exit the car before he can say something else.

He catches up with me quickly and we knock on the door.

The door opens and behind is a lady who seems to be in her 60s. She looks kind and like she's the one who made this garden.

"Hello there. How may I help you?" Her voice is so sweet and calming. I smile.

"I wanted to ask you a question regarding what happened a couple years ago."

"Oh, of course. Come in and sit down." She ushers us in and she hurries down the hallway. "Let me just get some tea. Sit down anywhere you'd like."

We sit down on the couch and wait. She comes back with a tray and sets it down on the coffee table.

"I had just arrived this morning to clean a little. We have a funeral tomorrow." She informs us.

"Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt you. I won't take much of your time."

"Nonsense. Don't worry, hun."

"Do you happen to remember what happened 17 years ago? Around July and August? There was a funeral for Nicola Lockhart."

Something flashes through the woman's eyes. Something like recognition. She's silent for a second.

"You were the baby in Mr. Horne's arms." She remembers. I nod.

"My. I remember like it was yesterday. It's as if you knew she was gone. You were wailing like you were in pain. Like you knew." The woman looks at her hands and shakes her head. "I felt horrible for you and your father. He seemed so heartbroken. He couldn't keep himself together during the funeral. He was sobbing with you. Patting your back while he himself was crying into your shoulder. My god, I ended up crying too just watching you two. I almost felt his heart aching. It was so- tragic."

"I-" I tried to say something. But I couldn't without breaking. I was having trouble swallowing down the sob.

"Do you remember what happened after the funeral?" Miles speaks up. I was thankful for that.

"Well, everyone left. The men came by to bury the casket. I went inside to clean up."

"Do you remember what the men did? Did they actually bury the casket?" I lean forward as I ask each question.

"They buried the hole. And there wasn't a casket left, so I believe so."

"Do you have any camera surveillance?"

"We empty them every couple months."

"Do you remember the company name?" I'm itching for some information. Something. A lead to finding my mother.

"Uhm. I believe it was something with Angels in it. I can't remember that well."

Miles and I share a look.

  "Do you remember anything suspicious about them. Or that day?"

  "Well, I did find it weird that they left right away. Didn't tell me how the job went or the troubles. Didn't even let me pay them."

  "Do you know what they looked like?"

"Not really. They wore caps and long sleeved clothing."

I sigh. There's nothing we can get from this. I shake my head to rid the negativity. I'll find her. I know it.

"Alright. Thank you for your time. I appreciate you answering my questions." I stand.

"Of course." She stands up as well.

She leads us to the front door and I thank her again for her time before leaving and sliding into the car.

"We got some information at least." Miles looks at the bright side.

"Yeah."

We're silent for the rest of the ride.

I couldn't stop thinking about what she told me about my father. I never really considered what he must've felt after loosing her. I can't imagine loosing my father. I can barely imagine the pain he had to endure while raising me. A reminder of her every time he looks at me or at the photos on the table.

I've been selfish. And I'm feeling the guilt burn into me like an iron.

It's late already. The drive was long so I'll go to the house tomorrow morning.

I hope he'll forgive me.

When we reach the casino, Miles puts the car in park and I quickly get out and to the casino. I practically run up the stairs instead of taking the elevator. I can't wait right now. I need to get to my room.

I swallow down the sob in my throat and blink away the burn in my eyes.

I need to get behind closed doors.

I whip out my keycard and open the door but before I can close it, a foot steps between and an arm pushes the door open.

It's Miles.

I could punch him right now.

"What?" I practically spit out.

"Azura, are you okay?" He pushes inside and for some reason, the sob comes back up my throat. I'm so pissed at him for interrupting me right now.

"I'm fine. Can you leave?" I know I sound like a major jerk right now but I couldn't care less.

"Not until you talk to me. What's wrong?" He closes the door behind him. I know he's not leaving now.

"Fuck, Miles! Can't you leave? I'm trying to have some space for myself, okay? I don't even deserve comfort right now. I deserve to feel lonely." Tears well up fast in my eyes and I try to blink them away but it's no use.

He stands there for a second. Shocked. Just staring at me as I try to regain my composure. But the attention only makes it worse and  the sob I tried so hard to swallow climbs up my throat and pulls out of my mouth. And then the tears start rolling.

"Zura." He pulls me into a hug. The best hug I've ever had. I feel safe and warm and so, so loved.

And I let it out.

I let out the pain I've been feeling for my entire life. The hallow hole in my heart where my mother should be. The stress of trying to be the perfect daughter for my dad. To be the amazing new devil he wants me to be. The empty leads of trying to find my mother.

I let it all out.

And Miles is there.

He runs his hand up and down my back. Squeezing me into his chest and murmuring calming words into my hair. Kissing my hair.

I'm not sure when we got to the floor. But suddenly we're there. My legs on either side of his and arms around his torso. His arms around my body.

It's as if hours have gone by before I calm down. This is now the second time that Miles has been there for me while I had a total break down.

We sit there for a while after I calm down. I don't want to let him go right now.

"How do you feel now?" He says into my ear that sends a shiver through me. I can feel the goosebumps forming on me. I hope he doesn't see them .

  I back away just a bit so I can see his eyes. I've always loved his beautiful eyes.

  Then I notice how close we are. I can feel every exhale and inhale he takes. Then I remember the position we're in. If I just lower myself down just a little more-

  "Azura?" His eye brows pull down in concern. I feel myself blushing and my ears are burning. I look away.

  "I'm feeling better." I quickly answer. He's silent for a second so I look back to him to see that his eyes are on my lips. His eyes then quickly snap to mine. But then I can't help but look at his lips. When I realize what I'm doing I look back into his gaze.

He's moving closer. Or maybe I am?

  I don't know, and frankly, I don't care. I'm delirious. I'm on cloud nine. I feel the flutters in my stomach and the burn of his exhale across my collarbone.

  Oh my-

  I can't take it anymore. So I slam my lips on his.

  A surprised gasp leaves him but he recovers quickly. An arm goes around my waist, pulling me in closer, and another one behind my neck.

  He bites my bottom lip and I gasp. He slips his tongue and then our tongues are dancing. Heat explodes all over me. I'm suddenly hot. So hot.

  I reach and pull off my shirt. Miles mouth drops open and his eyes bulge out of his head. His eyes begin to trail down to my breasts and lower but I pull him in and continue the kiss.

  It's like I need it. Like I need water. He's the oasis in the middle of a scorching desert.

  Damn. I should write that down, I think. But all my thoughts vanish as he trails his kisses down my neck, nibbling.

  A strangled moans escapes me as I grip onto his hair. He pulls back to look at me. Hunger and lust appears in his hooded eyes. I can imagine I look the same.

  I can't get over how unbelievably sexy he looks right now. His lips are pink and swollen from kissing. There's a blush rising up his neck and his eyes are wide as if he's waking up to a dream he didn't expect. His hair is rumpled from my hands pulling and pushing through it.

  I don't think I've ever been so turned on.

  He attacks my lips once more. Biting, nibbling, licking.

I'm enflamed.

  His hands grab onto my hips, pulling closer. I sink down and suddenly I feel it.

  I feel him.

  He moans and I swallow it into our kiss. He moves my hips so I'm grinding him at his pace.

  I gasp at the friction.

  He places kisses down my neck, where he nibbled earlier, but instead of stopping there, he goes for my collarbone. I throw my head back and moan.

  His hands grip me harder, I'll probably find a bruise tomorrow morning. His hands guide me faster, so I'm full on grinding on his erection. He gasps.

  He trails back up my neck to my ear and nibbles on my lobe before kissing behind my ear.

  I'm now chasing euphoria. I can feel it growing in me. I need a release.  I ride him faster.

  "Miles!" I moan and he groans. That sound was so hot, oh my.

  "Fuck." He mumbled into my ear and my mouth drops open in a silent moan.

  I'm almost there. His hands are still on my hips. The friction is almost unbearable. His mouth is back on mine.

  "Good girl. Let it go. Scream for me." He nibbles on my bottom lip.

  And I'm right there. On the edge.

  A knock.

  "Azura?"

Damn it. It's Katherine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 390 22
Im Nayeon was in need of money. When she was fired from her previous job, she was absolutely relieved to come across the job of being the princess' h...
9.8K 374 44
Emma is a young teacher at a local high school. She had recently graduated from college and was eager to start her teaching career. She was excited t...
623K 14.8K 35
His finger trailed up my thigh ever so gently causing my pussy complete torture. He knew what he was doing. He knew this was driving me completely cr...
620K 12.9K 47
Sienna Russo is moving from New York to California, after transferring to Stanford University. After getting a job at her uncle's business firm, she...