Right Before The End | BOOK #...

By thinkingofthoughts

Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious athletes, and a girl that yearns f... More

Welcome! INFO AND MORE
CHARACTERS
Blaise And Sage
Introduction
introduction
preface
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Epilouge
to my besties <3
bonus chapter #1
bonus chapter #2

Twenty-Four

24.8K 962 1K
By thinkingofthoughts

Blaise Beck-Day
Past

A smack across the back of my head made my ears ring.

"Blake!" Mom yelled his name as he sat down across from me. He leaned back into the dining room chair. Mom stood at the edge of the table, her arms crossed. She was stressfully running her fingers through her hair until the moment I walked through the front door.

"What's this all about?" I asked, trying not to rub the back of my head.

Dad couldn't keep a straight face before he burst into laughter, shaking his head. "A makeout in her parent's driveway? You didn't even have the decency to drive down the road–" He cut himself off from talking, his laughing taking such a toll on him that he had to wipe his eyes.

"You little menace we did not raise you to have a makeout–"

"She was in his lap!" My mom yelled. My face flushed red, I tilted my head downwards as I slumped deep into the cushion-covered chair. "She was in my lap for five minutes or less, it's really, not that that big of a deal."

"Are you embarrassed? You should be. You made a rookie mistake tonight– you should have gone to an open parking lot or the damn parking garage next to the field house!" I groaned, leaning down and banging my head against the wooden table.

Mom broke into laughter next. "Oh no– we had to sit through the phone call from Matti so now you're going to listen to us."

Jesus, I just wanted to kiss the girl.

"Guys– it's not going to happen again. I'm sorry," It was going to happen again. Just not in her driveway. I mean, I planned on it happening— a lot– so I guess I just needed to plan it out better.

"Blaise..." Dad started to speak but then he turned to stare at mom who shrugged her shoulders. Dad just threw his hands up in the air, "You are the one who wanted to have the "talk" babe! So talk!" He playfully yelled at her.

Oh dear god.

"Are you being safe?"

A gag left my mouth before I slid the chair out from underneath the table. Standing up I held my hands up to both of them. "Blaise, do you need condoms?" Dad asked.

"Stop! You two are so embarrassing!"

"Me and daddy–"

"Mom!" I yelled.

Dad couldn't hold it in anymore, he burst into such loud laughter he banged his fists down against the table. "Blaise! Listen to us! If you are doing anything more in that car– just know that there are consequences to actions like that. For example, STDs, pregnancies– literally anything. If you need information or condoms– anything at all, please tell us–"

I shushed her, but dad only laughed more. "I'm not having sex mom."

"Blaise I'll put you six feet under if you hurt that sweet girl." Dad's voice was solemn as he stood up, just a few inches taller than me. I nodded, "I know."

I knew that–trust me, I knew that her brother was my friend. Her parents were best friends with mine. Holy shit, I know. If I fucked it up with her, I would fuck everyone up. That's why I wasn't going to fuck it up with her.

"Blaise–"

"Mom– my dick has never been near someone's vagina. I promise you. It's never been near anyone's vagina. Calm down." I walked out of the kitchen, running up the stairs before turning the corner into my bedroom.

I reached for my phone that laid face first on my bed. When I flipped it over, I had an alarming amount of text messages from Sage.

I am so sorry about him.

Oh my god, he's telling my mom pls kill me now.

Oh shit, my brother just found out. He told my brother!!!!

I'm getting lectured now.

My dad just brought out a condom and a banana.

I laughed at her last text message to me. Sage was addicting to me. She was like watching a seed grow into a flower during the spring bloom. She was beautiful, she was kind, she was sweet and funny. She's my Sage.

My phone started to vibrate as she called me and immediately, I answered. "Bonjour," I greeted her as she wasn't in my lap less than an hour ago.

I heard her release a nervous chuckle. "Oh thank god, I thought you were mad at me or were in trouble because of that."

I smirked, laying down on my bed as I listened to her speak. Even her voice was pretty.

"Because of what?"

She cleared her throat, whispering. "Because of what just happened..."

"What happened?" I asked her, my voice hoarse.

"Blaise." Her tone was cautious. I swallowed my chuckle as I sensed her uneasiness. "No, tell me, baby, what happened?"

There was an angel on my right shoulder, it was a good angel. It was the angel that was screaming at me for calling her baby, screaming at me because I kissed her, screaming at me because here I was being open to her about the fact that I wanted her more than anything else in the world.

But then there was a devil on my left shoulder.

The devil was telling me that I shouldn't even be entertaining this conversation because, at the end of the day, that's my best friend. That's my best friend and this could all go south really fast.

"Um," She stumbled on her words, I placed her on speaker phone, laying the phone on my chest while I tucked my two arms behind my head. I got comfortable on my bed as she spoke to me.

I could listen to her all day.

I could think about her mouth– all day.

"I don't know– what we did was just–" She was breathless, wordless, out of touch with reality. "I know."

"We both know."

God, the way she was breathing. The way she was speaking. The way I could picture her blinking. I could picture the way her glasses were sitting on her face, I could see her in my mind how she was laying on her bed– wishing she was near me.

She let out a nervous giggle.

"I-I had fun tonight with you– in the car, I mean." My smirk got so wide it turned into a grin.

"You did?" I egged her on.

"Blaise quit teasing me." She muttered.

"Sorry flower,"

I could imagine her playing with her hair while we spoke together on the phone. Or maybe she was painting her nails an atrocious color, that I would find pretty just because they were on her nails.

"What are you doing right now?" I sat up, leaning against the wooden headboard that sat at the top of my bed. I had to clear my throat after asking her a question. I mean, what could I say? Sage Williams has always taken my breath away.

"Thinking."

I hummed.

"About what?"

I know what I was thinking about. You.

"Did the city of love zap you in the ass or something because you are just so–"

"I know, baby. I know."

"Blaise–" I couldn't help the loud laugh that escaped my mouth as she tried to hold a strong tone in her voice as if she were scolding me. "Say my name again," I teased her. I heard a strong intake of breath before she started to speak again.

"Do you like me?" She asked and without hesitation, I answered.

"I'm obsessed with you."

"Good."

"Are you obsessed with me?" I asked her back.

She hummed for a second before the line went quiet. "I'll tell you tomorrow night." Both of my eyebrows perked up at her lingering statement. I bit my bottom lip, nodding. "Tomorrow night?" I questioned.

I could hear her smiling through the phone as she responded. "Yeah, tomorrow night. You're taking me on a date. You're obsessed with me and want to make out with me in your car? Take me out tomorrow and then I'll tell you if I'm obsessed with you."

And then the line went dead.

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

I was going on a date with Sage tomorrow.

I tossed my phone off of my chest and stood up from my bed. My room was bland other than the few decorative pillows that my mom swore I had to have. On the walls sat the newest Penn State football poster and the French flag.

Next to my bed was a picture of her and me. Well actually, many pictures of her and me. Even when I wasn't with her, she was still always with me. That's why whenever I traveled I refused to not take one of those photos with me.

She was way too important to not want to stare at her all the time.

A knock on my door startled me before someone entered. "Hey bud," Dad spoke. I turned to face him as he walked toward my desk. "Yeah?"

"Let's chat."

I furrowed my eyebrows before sitting down on the bed.

There was a pregnant pause before he started to speak. "Are you happy?" He asked.

Sighing, I answered him. "Yes, dad. I'm more than happy."

"That's great. I'm glad to hear that because Reese called and–"

"No." I shut down the conversation quickly, standing up from my bed and walking out of my room. I wasn't going to entertain the conversation that Reese kept repeating to me– and now he had my dad in on it?

No way.

"Blaise, it's junior year. College's will be watching." He chased after me. Our footsteps pounded down the long staircase. I laughed loudly. "My grades will get me into college, I don't need a good position on a football team to get into college."

I entered the kitchen where mom sat at the countertop, hovering over a magazine. "Blaise, someone else might need you to play in a different position for the team to win. Don't be selfish."

I slammed my hands on the countertop, moms eyes meeting mine while I pointed my finger at dad across the room. "We both know I have never been the selfish one in this family."

Dad's face blanked for a second before he realized what he was talking about.

"Blaise Daniel." Mom warned as I shrugged.

"No–I'm not like you dad. I'm not going to let someone else dictate the choices in my life that will only hurt someone in the end." And as the boy who felt too much, I felt everything, and the impact after the comment I had just made left my mouth.

It was a low blow. A very low blow and I wanted to apologize right after it left my mouth but Mom's gasp was more than enough to know that I stepped over the very thin line I was walking. "You're being a little shit."

I shook my head, walking past the both of them and going back up to my room to crawl into my bed and sleep.

Hi besties!

I love you!

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 44.9K 69
SEQUEL to THE COACH'S DAUGHTER. Complete. One fateful night changed it all. Since being thrown in each other's worlds, Amelia and Zack have jumped ov...
109K 3.1K 23
Jason's the schools bad boy. He gets bad grades, he plays girls, he's just all around trouble. Sage is his best friend, the girl that has kept him in...
3M 77.1K 71
COMPLETED Penn State University. Home to the craziest sorority girls, most obnoxious football players, and a girl who never wanted to be there in th...
361K 7.3K 49
all of his attention is on her no matter how he feels about her. He don't want to like her He don't want to want her He don't want to love her. But...