Rise of Legends - DISCONTINUED

By WhiteDeath14

The journey of four reincarnates and one genius as they adapt to the world of magic and swordsmanship and nav... More

Character Sheet
Alistair
Elenoir
Elenoir II
Another Life
Engagement
Auction
Three Races Tournament
Two Miracles
Award Ceremony
Beast Glades
Dire Tombs
Director Goodsky
Spirit
Kathyln
Mask
Xyrus Academy
Settling in
The Disciplinary Committee
Tournament Bracket
Classes and Professors
Round of 16
Quarter Finals
The Eyes of Aether
Borrowed Power
Spirit Against the Reaper
Updated Character Stats
DC Meeting
Paladins
Date?
Team-Fighting Mechanics I
Mana Zone
Wattpad Problem
Family
Widow's Crypt I
Widow's Crypt II
Widow's Crypt III
Widow' Crypt IV
Widow's Crypt V
Home
Sister
Windom's Potions and Medicines
Update Schedule
Assimilation
Assimilation II
The Letter
Meeting
Lineage
Lineage II
Elder Rinia
Invasion
Situation at Hand
Counter-Attack
Hope
Despair
Lances
Betrayal
Limit Breaker
Darkness
Serious Announcement
Awakening

New Life

370 14 1
By WhiteDeath14

Gary POV (Ren Dover):

'So I died huh.'

A simple thought illuminated my mind while my body floated in complete darkness. I died while trying to fight the Demon King alone.

'He has probably absorbed the powers of the Akashic Records and become the Ruler of the Universe by now.'

The Demon King was already borrowing the Akashic Records' powers, so it makes sense he absorbed them after killing Kevin and I.

Suddenly, light appeared in front of me. 'Is this the light at the end of the tunnel?' I thought as the light engulfed the entire black space.

Someone wiped my body and wrapped my whole body with a soft cloth. I tried to move my body, only to no avail. My eyes were blurry before focus came gradually. What I saw in my sight was a beautiful woman who had silver hair.

'Did I reincarnate as a baby,' I mused coldly.

"My baby, Gary"

'My name's Gary I suppose.'

I look around the room to see expensive furniture, paintings and even a small chandelier. However, I did not find anything reminiscent of the modern world. 

'Am I in a medieval world then?'

The door burst open and a man with a stoic expression on his face and jet black hair entered the room. He merely glanced at the two of us before leaving the room, as if he was merely here to check if I was delivered safely.

My mother scoffed as she hugged me before whispering into my ear, "I'll make sure to protect you, my chid."

__________________________________

2 years later:

It has been already 2 years since I was born, and I learned some important things during that time. The most important fact being that I am not in the same universe as the Demon King, which saves me a lot of trouble but also brings some problems.

The first problem is that mana is very different here from my old world. Not only that, there are no arts or skills in this world.

I had been reading books about Dicathen and the various kingdoms. There are racial limits on the elements one can use and there are deviancies as well. Most humans awaken around the age of 12, however, I could feel my mana core already starting to develop. 

My father is Archduke Whiteborn, one of the most powerful men in Sapin. Even the king is afraid of him even though my father has sworn complete loyalty to him. He only has one wife since he doesn't care about love and all that nonsense.

He married my mother just because it was good for his influence. My mother is from a Marquis house and this gave him an opportunity to ally himself with them.

Onto the matter at hand, awakening can cause explosions with varying strength that depends upon talent as it causes the ambient mana to run rampant. I didn't want to end up destroying the noble house and hurting the maids, though I cared more about the possible consequences of destroying the house than the wellbeing of the people living there.

'I'll awaken in front of Father. He should be able to hold back the ambient mana seeing how he is at the silver core stage.'

My relationship with my mother would have been good, if not for the fact that it was fabricated. 

'I lost all my emotions when I reincarnated for some reason,' I thought, 'Is it because all my skills somehow got baked into my body, so Monarch's Indifference is always active?'

Finally, I got the rare chance of awakening when my father decided to have breakfast with my mother and I. The three of us ate silently, my mother waiting for father to break the silence enveloping the room.

'This is it!' I thought as I started the process of making my mana core. Sweat started to drip from my forehead, something my mother missed as she was too scared.

It wasn't long before my father started to notice my sweating as he furrowed his brows but didn't interrupt me.

I saw his eyes widen in pure shock as he pointed his hand in front of me.

BOOM!

Alexander Whiteborn POV:

'So, I had a son,' those were my only thoughts as I entered the room and saw that my wife had safely delivered the child. As long as I have a healthy heir, his life does not matter.

Years passed on and it felt like my life hadn't changed at all, except for more occasional family dinners and breakfasts which still felt the same due to how silent both my son and my wife were.

'How annoying,' I thought as I looked at my son. He had a stoic expression on his face unbefitting of his age, however, that very expression annoyed me.

'Aren't children meant to be more cheerful? Well, I suppose coldness is better than fear.'

However, it wasn't long before I noticed that he was starting to sweat. I called on one of the servants to increase the cooling but it didn't help him at all and instead he started sweating even more.

Even though my emotions were masked behind my cold expression, I had a tinge of worry for him. 'Did he get ill,' I thought as I furrowed my brows.

Suddenly, I felt ambient mana starting to move around the boy. The control over ambient mana starts to develop from the silver core stage, thus this means that he is about to awaken.

However, what shocked me was the pure amount of ambient mana swirling around his body. 

'The entire mansion would turn to rubble if this were to be released!' I thought as I raised my hand towards him to sway the ambient mana.

I instantly conjured wind shields around everyone in the dining room when it happened.

BOOM!

The explosion destroying the dining table and even somewhat damaged the mana reinforced walls. Luckily no one was hurt because of my intervention. 

My son's body was floating while he had a somewhat of a cheerful expression on his face. Light lines of ambient mana surrounded his body before he fell to the ground. He opened his eyes and looked into his own eyes in wonder.

'I didn't think that he could make such an expression,' I said amusedly as I looked at his excitement.

Gary POV (Ren Dover):

After awakening, my father started my basic training with knight Galliard. He is an ex S-rank adventurer who has a lot of experience as is even the captain of knights in my duchy. 

Today was the first lesson and we were going to check mana element affinity.

Galliard was tall, over 1.9 meters tall so he had to hunch down as he handed me an orb used to measure element affinity.

(A/N: I'm gonna be changing the lore here a bit. Basically, the element affinity can be measured using an orb-like device like the one given by Galliard to Gary. However, the device itself is quite expensive so only rich and powerful nobles have access to this.)

He told me in a hoarse voice, "We'll be checking element affinity before starting your lessons. Simply pour your mana into this orb."

I closed my eyes and did as he said. After I opened my eyes, I saw the orb light up in four different colours. 

A man behind Galliard who was wearing spectacles said in shock, "The green colour there suggests wind element, the cyan-yellow colour suggests lightning, the white colour suggests sound and the grey colour suggests illusion. However, to have the lightning deviancy without the base fire element...."

Galliard seemed to have understood what the scholar was saying as he suggested, "Let's try one more time?"

"No need. There have been some cases where the affinity to the base element was so low that it was oppressed by the other elements. I would like to congratulate the archdukedom of Whiteborn for having a legendary quadra elemental as their heir. His talent is not any less than the child of dukedom of Orbel."

I raised my brows. 'There is someone else equally talented to me? How interesting.'

Galliard must have known more than I did as he thanked the scholar before turning towards me, "Shall we begin training?"

(A/N: There wasn't as much to cover for this OC for now, the next chapter will cover Lancelot Orbel while the reader OC will be introduced later.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 11.1K 135
Just another what if fanfic of TBATE (the beginning after the end) originally written by TurtleMe. In this fanfic, there is no Grey, he was not rein...
29.2K 944 50
King Grey has unrivaled strength, wealth, and prestige in a world governed by martial ability. However, solitude lingers closely behind those with gr...
1.8K 124 6
In this "The Beginning After The End" fanfiction, we delve into an alternate reality where Arthur Leywin arrives at Xyrus Academy without any memorie...