Snow Storm

By StarbrightHuntress

Og. Cale had lost everything, with his family dead and House/Territory destroyed he fell in despair allowing... More

1. Cool Down
2. Stay on track
3. Run Away
4. Guilty or Innocent?
5. Red, silver is that a rapier?
6. Something Just Like This...
7. I hate you and you do too.
8. My Child.
10. Strut
11. Everything goes according to plan
12. Butchered Memories
13. A smile that reaches your eyes
14. The story of survivors
Read/see Author-nim's embarrassment
15. Allies not Friends
16. Isekai's Real Apparently
17. Welcome to Fairy Mountain
18. Fairy Mountain... cult? Or paradise?
19. Fairy Mountain is invited?

9. The lines of truth

5.4K 317 52
By StarbrightHuntress

A.N: Enjoy.

Hans quietly watched his Young Master laid quietly on his lap not moving at all.

His outfit had been changed into a simple pair of navy trousers and a while shirt with blue and and grey accents, dozens of rune like gold embroidery neatly lining the smooth silk of the shirt. Smooth worn leather boots that were perfect for running, unlike 'appropriate' noble shoes.

Laying on Hans shoulder's were two rather adorable kittens, one a smooth silver and the other a bright scarlet. Their ears were pricked downwards picking up all sounds around them they did not wished to be ambushed when their guardian was in such a bad state.

"Gin-Gin-Nya! How much longer?" Asked Hong amber eyes filled with hope.

Hans smiled lightly.

"For what? For the Young Master to wake up or to arrive at the capital?"

"Both."

Hans gave them a fond look trying to stay calm in this rather dire situation.

"Around half an hour until Red wakes up and 2 days to reach the capital."

"I see." Hong nodded.

SCENE CHANGE

Hans watched the two kids argue about which one was the favorite. He couldn't help but find it oddly adorable that kids destined to become Top Military Generals could fight over something so... normal... it was quite refreshing.

They were all currently camping out, since the children had starting to get hungry during the middle of their trip Hans decided to pitch a tent and hunt for some food.

With the kids hunting skills combined with his own they managed to catch eighth rabbits and and full grown deer!

Putting that with the numerous herbs, berries, and berries Hans decided to make some nice curry and some fresh kebabs.

So currently they were eating food while waiting for Cale to stop cosplaying sleeping beauty.

Thankfully their prayers were answered.

"HANS!"

The ginger butler gulped and turned away from the campfire to be met with... Cale... with bedhead.

"Pfft-"

"Don't you laugh 'Gin-Gin' now help me fix it!" Despite the rather angry words his lips were curved in amusement.

The cat-loving butler lifted himself from the ground going into the tent the re-head had just come from only to come back with a box.

Instantly a look of fear instilled in Cale.

"Wait- Hans-!"

Before long Cale was on the floor sitting crisscross while chewing on a kebab tears in his eyes... hair perfectly fixed.

The kids were giggling like hyenas at the red-heads misfortune, which Hans was not going to let go unnoticed.

"What are you laughing for? Come here we most come prepared for the celebration! After all it is your debut!"

Before long everyone was dressed in 'presentable' clothes, all save for Hans himself, he chose to stay in his butler's uniform.

On wore a simple but rather beautiful long sleeved black dress.

The dress reached to her knees and had a pretty silver belt, the belt held her favorite pair of daggers. She wore light silver flats that were easy to fight in. (They also matched with her belt so bonus points). Her hair was tied in a neat ponytail bringing attention to the glinting pearl earrings she wore.

Her brother wore black shorts and and a long sleeved button up dress shirt. Wrapped around his collar was a navy bowtie, straps on his shoulders one with slipped to the side for extra adorableness points. His hard was neatly combed to the side with a small clip holding them in place. Inside of his pockets were dozens of carefully hid smoke bombs.

Cale wore smooth black vest with stitched red embroidery designed to look like millions of thorny vines and roses. The sleeves had no design except for a strap of stitched fabric on the side with a the initials C,T. in fancy script. His pants was smooth black same with his dress shoes. His hair was smoothened to the side.

'You look amazing Cale!' Squealed Princess Crystelle eyes sparkling in happiness.

Prince Jalid nodded agreeing with his sister.

Cale smiled at compliment.

'I'm glad you like my outfit... but are you ready to crash a party?'

Both royals grinned mischievously at the prospect.

'Trust me I've been wanting to do so since my Debut back when I was ten.' Grinned Prince Jalid.

'Don't act so cocky we both know I'm going to carrying both our weight.' Scoffed Princess Crystelle.

Cale proceeded to tune out the twins out the argument and question Hans about the mission.

"Did Obitus send you the splice with my other messages?"

Hans instantly turned serious.

"Yes, the siblings and I took care of forging the invitations with the help of your ally."

Cale nodded his head before raising a brow.

"You don't trust...him do you?"

Hans shook his head.

"Good, that self-serving bastard only cares for himself." Cale spoke not skipping a beat.

"And...?"

"The teleportation scrolls are in the carriage same for the mana draining crystals. I also delivered the letter to Taylor Stan as per your orders."

Cale nodded his head.

"How long will the trip toward the capital take?"

"Two Days."

"Good, get the campsite packed up, I need to check something."

Hans bowed before scampering of.

Cale then walked out toward the forest getting farther and farther away from the campsite.

"Prince Jalid and Princess Crystelle, I'm assuming you noticed the new Ancient Power holding in the plate you just strengthened."

The ghost-like royals instantly teleported in front of Cale faces no longer playful.

'Yes, but why did not wish to intrude.'

Cale nodded his head.

"Alias, show yourself."

Instantly the blond empath flickered into existence his blue eyes landing on the two royals and within a second the former Saint bowed politely.

'I am Alias also known as 'The Neverland Battlefield'' The Power spoke.

The royals nodded in acknowledgement.

"We are here because Alias will be teaching me how to wield his Ancient Power do you have any quarrels with that?"

Both Royals shook their heads.

'We don't but isn't it dangerous to hold to Ancient Powers in you body?'

Alais nodded his head.

'The God of Eternal Rest his put limits on me, Cale will not be able to use me at full power unless in a emergency.'

Both Royals nodded in understanding, but...

'Cale... How come you never trained with our Ancient Power?' Prince Jalid asked.

'Because I already knew how to use it...' But Cale couldn't say that so he opted for another explanation.

"Ancient Powers that effect Elements seemed natural to me but mental powers feel ... odd..." He whispered choosing to act puzzled.

'I see... then we'll keep watch of Hans and the kids while you train.' The Princess spoke.

Cale smiled at their actions.

"Alright then, contact me if anything happens."

Both twins bowed politely before disappearing from sight.

Cale then turned toward Alias.

'Shall we start?'

Cale smiled slyly.

"Of course!"

'Ok, Close your eyes and focus on your surroundings.'

Cale did just that, but it took fifteen minutes until Cale felt something.

Like a rock hitting water small ripples of emotion made there way into Cale's consciousness.

'Do you feel it?'

"Yes."

'Good those ripples you feel are from everything around you, from the plants to the humans that are miles away.'

Cale listened carefully to what the Ancient Power said.

'Now I want you to separate these ripples focus on one of them at a time, when you you can fully tell what the ripple are change to another ripple. Soon you'll able to tell what they all in one try, but for now just focus on one.'

Cale focus at one ripple and trying hard to decipher it.

It took a lot of concertation but before long the image cleared up it was-

"Hong and On are arguing again..."

'Yes they've been at it for a total of ten minutes.'

Cale marveled at the power.

He was like a walking sonar! If he could hone this power he'd be priceless on the battlefield! He'd be able to use this power to sense all of his enemies, if his vision became impaired he could use it-

'Don't get ahead of yourself just yet. This power still has a lot of subparts, and you still haven't tried to clear up your second ripple.'

Cale instantly calmed down.

'Right, focus.'

Cale tried to decipher another ripple,

Drip

Drip

Drip

"Is that a pack of wolves...?"

As if in cue howls sounded through the night.

'Yes Cale. Soon enough you'll be able to use this ability even during slumber.'

Cale's eyes opened.

"Wait W-what-"

Cale stared at the millions of strings that met his vision before turning toward Alias.

"What are those things?!"

'World Strings. They're part of the power.'

Cale nodded staring at the clear strings.

"What do they do?" He asked lightly.

Alais smiled before grabbing a string connected to Cale.

Instantly the string glowed red.

A shiver ran through Cale's bod slight blush lining his cheeks.

"W-what the hell was that!" Cale yelped.

Alais laughed.

'Where do you think the line 'Pulling at my heartstrings' came from?"

Cale's eyes widened.

"Emotional control?!"

The power smiled.

'Depends on how you use it, but it could also control physical movement.'

Alais grabbed another string, this one glowed silver then another one and before long dozens wrapped around his fingers.

He then tugged them.

Cale straightened before dancing a stiff Merengue.

"The hell?!"

'The tugging motions depend on the ripples you're hoping to change.'

This time he made different tugging motions, but it was the same Merengue dance.

"H-how?!" Stammered Cale uncomfortable by the strings controlling him.

A grin appeared on the Ancient Power.

'You'll know soon enough, but I think it's time to complete that mission... Hans is waiting for you're return....'

A.N: Cool power right?! The foreshadow in the other chapters weren't really huge but cool right?! 🤩🤩🤩 pics not mine.

Cale's Outfit

On's outfit

Hong's outfit

The initials on Cale's Outfit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 7.4K 14
"You die, I die. You live, I live. That's how it goes, isn't it." White star smiled as Cale stood in front of him with the world tree branch. "If th...
10K 471 9
(Dis-continues,Might rewrite it on A03 with same name) It's a Og Cale fanfic about his life at 18 years old until he turned 40 years old & made the d...
4.1K 169 9
Cale Henituse went missing after being beaten by Choi han. Kim rok soo was send to the world and met choi han right before he beat up Cale. But faile...
6.4K 392 4
[COMPLETED] Everything around him was blurry. His body aching painfully despite the common fact that his ancient power should've healed his wounds b...