You Give Love a Bad Name (Edd...

By bluetrashman

Y/N has a new family after the mall fire incident on the summer of 1985. She is trying to adapt to her new li... More

An Unfortunate Incident
Bon Jovi, Art Projects and D&D
Panic, Confessions and Tears
Cults, Tapes and Wrinkled Essays
Fighting, VHSs and the Scoops Ahoy kids
D&D, Anger and Surprises
Author's Note
Racing, Ice cream and Date Proposals
Disagreements, Running Away and Mordor
Moonlight, Kisses and Siblings
Coming Clean, Picnics and Heartbeats
Author's Note
Mixed Tapes, T-Shirts and Impressions
Breakfast, Silly Socks and Rain
Babysitting, Oatmeal and Jobs
Vests, Teasing and Nightmares
Eyeliner, Parties and Blood
Pep Rallies, Therapy and Notes
Author's Note
Dismay, Movies and Campaigns
Campaign Finale, Luck and Exhaustion

Battles, Gigs and Drinks

1K 30 16
By bluetrashman

It was a rainy Friday. The sky was pouring its heaviest storm on Hawkins. Lightning stroke and thunder rumbled loudly. The Hellfire club took refuge inside the facilities of our school. One of the most terrifying battles took place inside one of the classrooms. Seven warriors bravely fought against The Lich, a creature with a great quantity of hit points. The soldiers screamed and slammed their fists against the table as the villain attacked them one by one. Dice rolled on the table with the hope that the points were going to be enough.

    The campaign had finally started. Every quest was more complicated than the last. The players were afraid that the characters they developed weren't going to survive the endless attacks. The Dungeon Master was merciless, which made the game much more interesting. Every player wore their Hellfire t-shirts for two reasons. One: some loved the design. Two: apparently the leader made it a new rule that, whoever didn't wear theirs, couldn't play that day. I suspect he did that because of me.

    By the time the game ended, the sky had settled down. Fallen and victorious soldiers emerged from the building to see the sun starting to hide behind the buildings. Eddie held my hand as we walked through the parking lot. Dustin was going to have a sleepover with his friends at Mike's place, so I was going back home alone for tonight. Mrs. Henderson was most definitely home, which meant Eddie couldn't drive me home. We said our goodbyes to the younger members as Nancy picked them up. I was about head home on foot when Eddie pulled on my hand gently, gaining my attention.

    "You're really going home?"

    "I think so. I mean, Mrs. Henderson is waiting for me, and I left a very good novel unfinished." I answered smiling. "Why?"

    "I just thought you could come with us." He motioned his head to refer to the remaining members of the club who were looking at us. "We're playing on our first small gig."

    "Oh my god, Munson. Why didn't you tell me? It sounds awesome. I'm definitely in!"

    "Yes!" Eddie celebrated. "Wait, I don't want to get you into trouble. I promised myself that I would stop doing that after the detention incident."

    "Don't worry about it. It'll be fine. I mean, it's not every day that I can see my boyfriend being a rockstar." I cupped his face with my hand and kissed him. I could feel his skin getting hot as his face turned red. We parted and he grinned as he walked me to his van.

    The drive to The Hideout was... somewhat chaotic. Eddie was driving us all there, including the instruments. He exceeded the speed limit a couple times and took curves violently, which made the passengers get several bruises. He stopped the vehicle abruptly when we arrived at the pub. As I stepped out of the van, I was able to realize how carsick I was. I looked over at the rest of the gang only to see their faces were as pale as mine.

    Gareth was the first out, he didn't have an instrument in hand since Mr. Jefferson, the pub owner, was lending him the drums. The rest of the boys were in the back grabbing their respective belongings. Gareth approached me and, with the help of his forearm, he leaned on the side of the van.

    "You should really teach your boyfriend how to drive." He said with his eyes closed. I only giggled in response. I mean, what was I supposed to say? Eddie was the one teaching me how to drive.

    We entered the building, and frankly, I was a somewhat nervous. However, for my luck, Eddie noticed. He looked into my eyes, silently telling me that everything would be okay. I relaxed a little, but Eddie took me by the hand and didn't let go until he absolutely had to. Apparently, he had asked that a small table, in front of the impromptu stage, was to be unoccupied.

    "All right, Love. This is your table. Make yourself comfortable and well... I hope you enjoy the show." He let go of my hand and placed a small kiss on my forehead.

    I sat in silence, smiling as I watched my friends get ready to play. Because it was Friday, the pub was on one of its busiest days of the week. However, the place wasn't full. A few people came and went, mostly middle aged. They drank and laughed jollily. Some were too focused chatting with their friends to notice the teenagers arranging the microphones at the back of the room. Nevertheless, a boy with long hair and a Hellfire shirt grasped their attention.

    "Hello, everyone. We are Corroded Coffin, your local metal band, and we are so glad to be here tonight." Eddie's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Thank you, Mr. Jefferson, for giving us the opportunity to share our music with more people. Now, with no further ado, let's do this."

    Music drowned the room, flowing through the bodies and making them vibrate to the beat. It was an original song that the boys had composed themselves. I had heard them practice before, but the way they were playing in that moment, with burning passion and eagerness, made it sound a hundred times better. I couldn't stop looking at them. I was so proud of my friends and of what they had accomplished.

    For the rest of the evening, Corroded Coffin played a mixture of their own original songs and from other artists that they liked. They played a few by Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Metallica. I enjoyed every part of it. But suddenly, the boys took me by surprise. Eddie's voice shouted out the lyrics for the intro of my favorite song. It was Bon Jovi's.  His eyes met mine and he winked without stopping his voice. Tears filled my eyes as my hear started beating in an inhumane pace. Jeff smiled and shook his head as he mouthed 'I can't believe we're doing this'. Eddie's eyes closed as he played the guitar solo. His curls moved wildly at the rhythm of the music, and he stole little glances at me. I could only stare back amazed. His fingers moved nimbly over the strings, controlling, and producing. Creating and moving. He gave his whole heart and soul to the performance.

    "You give love a bad name!" A small silence was noticeable as he pronounced the last words of the lyrics. Suddenly, the room filled with claps and cheers. "Thank you! We are Corroded Coffin!"

    The boys put down their instruments and hugged each other, celebrating their achievement. Mr. Jefferson approached them and congratulated the boys on their amazing performance. As I waited patiently on my table for them to finish, someone approached me. A guy that looked a couple years older than me stood on my side with a cocky smile crossing his face.

    "Hey."

    "Hi." I replied, uncomfortable. What is it? Asshole day?

    "It's weird seeing a beautiful girl like you alone in a place like this."

    "What? Is it so hard to imagine a woman drinking by herself? It forty-year-old men can do it every Friday, so can I."

    "You're funny." He chuckled embarrassed. God. He has the most hideous laugh I've ever heard. "So, you are here on your own."

    "I actually came with my boyfriend."

    "Boyfriend? Well, I don't see him."

    "Turn around then." A voice said. The creep turned to face Eddie, who had a smirk on his face and a piercing look on his eyes.

    "You're really going out with this freak?"

    "You really are dense, huh. If it was a currency, you'd be a fucking billionaire." I replied.

    "You heard the lady. Buzz off." Eddie gave him a daggering look. The weasel walked away defeated and irradiating anger. My boyfriend looked back at me and chuckled. "Sometimes you really scare me."

    "It's the way a girl has to be to survive in this world." I shrugged. I grabbed both his shoulder with my hands and started shaking him back and forth. "Edward Joseph Munson, you were amazing out there! I mean, there are no words that describe how amazed I was. You truly were a rockstar. And... I can't believe that you played my favorite song!"

    "He did make us practice day and night." Gareth said as him and our friends arrived at the table.

    "Guys! You were just... wow! I'm so proud of you all."

    "Well, be prouder, because we got a spot to play here on Tuesdays." Jeff added.

    "No way!" I looked at Eddie. I put my arms around his neck and hugged him tight. "No fucking way! That's so wonderful."

    "Let's celebrate." Eddie replied.

    We spent the rest of the night in the pub. Somehow, the boys managed to get drinks alcoholic beverages without being noticed. We chatted, joked around and toast to the success of the band. Everyone smiled and laughed until it was time for everyone to go home. Eddie offered to drive me home and, because I wasn't fully on my five senses, I agreed.

    "Is this your first time drinking?" Eddie asked when we were in his van.

    "Yup." I answered looking past the windshield.

    "How many shots did you have?" He asked as he helped me get my seatbelt on.

    "Like a thousand."

    "Shit." He chuckled. "You're wasted, aren't you?"

    "Yup."

    Eddie drove me home and pulled over a few houses away from mine, hiding his van behind some bushes. He grabbed my hand and placed the other one on my waist, stopping me from falling. He was about to head towards the front door, but I stopped him and directed him to my window. While I leaned against the outer wall, Eddie slid the window open. He helped me climb in and watched me turn the nightlight on and lean against the head of the bed.

    "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

    "Yeah, I'll be fine." And in the blink of an eye, I was on the floor, knocking the alarm clock from my night table.

    "Nope." Eddie said as he jumped in.

    As Eddie got me back to my feet, the lights from the corridor turned on. Quick steps approached my room as my boyfriend left me to run and lock the door. I started falling backwards again and Eddie rushed to catch me and help me sit on the bed.

    "Y/N? Is that you?" Mrs. Henderson knocked on my door. Panic filled my insides.

    "Yes. It's me." I replied.

    "Where were you all evening?"

    "I went with Dustin to the Wheelers' house."

    "You were there this late?"

    "Yeah. I finally talked to Nancy. Turns out she's really nice." I said through the door, hoping it would convince her.

    "Okay... may I come in?" I felt Eddie tense up as he held me.

    "No! I'm.... changing, and you really don't want to see that."

    "Well, okay... goodnight, Honey... Are you sure you're okay?"

    "Yep! Never better! Goodnight."

    Eddie and I heard Mrs. Henderson walk back to her room and finally saw the lights turn off. I felt Eddie relax under my grip and I sighted. He helped me lay down and took off my shoes. His hands moved slowly and gently, moving me over to tuck me in. He kissed my forehead and turned off the nightlight as he started walking away. Suddenly, my hand quickly reached for his hand, stopping him. His head turned and our eyes met. He looked lovely with the moonlight hitting his back.

    "Stay." I said quietly.

    "You know I can't, Sweetheart. If Mrs. Henderson notices, she'll decapitate us both."

    "Please." I begged weakly.

    His eyes moved from my eyes to my lips and back up again, as his head rushed with a thousand thoughts. After a few seconds of consideration, Eddie walked to the window, slid it shut and closed the curtains. He walked back to the bed and laid by my side. I could feel his warmth only a few centimeters away from me. He looked at me and our eyes locked. I raised my hand to reach his face and parted a few hairs from his face. His figure cut a perfect silhouette against the moonlight. I closed my eyes and felt his arms wrap me comfortably.

    "Edds?"

    "Yes, Love?" He whispered.

    "Thank you."

    "Anything for my princess."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 116 12
It is 1986, your senior year at Hawkins High. Your senior year is much different than your previous years. Your friendships with Steve, Nancy, Robin...
370K 7.8K 46
In which Hawkins resident slut uses the resident freak to numb the pain of loosing her asshole boyfriend. Started: June 20, 2022 Finished: September...
8.7K 174 22
𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π—π—π—ˆ π—Œπ–Όπ—π—ˆπ—ˆπ—… 'π–Ώπ—‹π–Ύπ–Ίπ—„π—Œ' π–»π—Žπ—†π—‰ π—‚π—‡π—π—ˆ 𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁 π—ˆπ—π—π–Ύπ—‹ 𝖻𝗒 π–Όπ—ˆπ—‚π—‡π–Όπ—‚π–½π–Ύπ—‡π–Όπ–Ύ, 𝗆𝖺𝖾𝗏𝖾 π–Όπ—ˆπ—ˆπ—‰π–Ύπ—‹ 𝖼𝖺𝗇'...
32.3K 592 31
You join a new school and meet new people but your past also seems to follow you as you meet the wonderful Steve Harrington. Your life spills out as...