AGAINST THE TIDE Book #2

By jmhallewell

Marcelle and Vittoria are on a path that challenges their union and choice to be in love. Will they cave into... More

Author's Note
Cast
Prologue
Chapter One: For Love
Chapter Two: Locked Doors
Chapter Three: Incompetence
Chapter Four: Succumbing
Chapter Five: An Admission
Chapter Six: It's A Sin
Chapter Seven: Intention
Chapter Eight: Ex Wife
Chapter Nine: Aged Fine Wine
Chapter Ten: Untold Secrets Part 1
Chapter Eleven: Understanding
Chapter Twelve: An Older Friend
Chapter Thirteen: The Sister
Chapter Fourteen: The Siblings
Chapter Fifteen: The Bid
Chapter Sixteen: Si Signor
Chapter Seventeen: She Loves Me
Chapter Eighteen: He Loves Me Too!
Chapter Nineteen: Labelled
Chapter Twenty: Reactions
Chapter Twenty One: Silence
Chapter Twenty Two: Solved
Chapter Twenty Three: Precedence
Chapter Twenty Four: Untold Secrets Part 2
Chapter Twenty Five: In Marseilles Part 1
Chapter Twenty Six: In Marseilles Part 2
Chapter Twenty Seven: Rehab
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Parents
Chapter Thirty: Home Is Best
Chapter Thirty One: The Hit
Chapter Thirty Two: Messages For You
Chapter Thirty Three: Transition
Chapter Thirty Four: Her Jealousy Part 1
Chapter Thirty Five: She's Back
Chapter Thirty Six: Little Diavolo
Chapter Thirty Seven: It's Personal
Chapter Thirty Eight: Ciao Chica
Chapter Thirty Nine: Her sisters
Chapter Forty: Her Jealousy Part 2
Chapter Forty One: A Good Day?
Chapter Forty Two: Unexpected
Chapter Forty Three: Red Part 1
Chapter Forty Four: Red Part 2
Chapter Forty Five: Love Me Forever
Chapter Forty Six: A Good Streak
Chapter Forty Seven: A Dream
Chapter Forty Eight: Wake Up Dear
Chapter Forty Nine: The Parking Lot Beef
Chapter Fifty: Too Many Hands
Chapter Fifty One: The Mothers
Chapter Fifty Two: Bickering Pair
Chapter Fifty Three: Love Me Forever Part 1
Chapter Fifty Four: Love Me Forever Part 2
Chapter Sixty: Love Me Forever Part 3
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Nine: Welcome Home

491 69 72
By jmhallewell

Marcelle's POV
It's strange that space between Nerina and I is helping our relationship. She texts me everyday. Sometimes she sends pictures of herself in Ibiza. She is having fun with her mother.

"She's sending them to you to make you miss the idea of the three of you together." Lupe told me.

"Possibly." Reina is fun. There's no dull moment with her. "But that ship already sank." I locked my phone.

"You must miss her."

"Reina?"

"No. Nerina."

"I do. She's my piccola mia." I sighed heavily. "But it's good that we have some space between us right now."

"It's also an opportunity for Vee to settle in, right? The children you have left won't make a fuss."

This summer it will just be Gio, Vee and I. Nicolò and Marco are spending summer in Florence, at the vineyard. They will be working for Miki for three months. After that, it's every summer until they are eighteen. Then I'll start including them in Bale Industries. By then Gio will be old enough to also join Bale Industries if he wants to. They are all growing up and in four or five years, it will be just Vee and me.

"No they won't." I agreed. "Breakfast was great, thank you."

She snapped her fingers for the maid's under her authority to clear the table.

"Which room should we prepare for her?"

"There's no need. She will be sleeping with me." I answered. Lupe batted her eyes at me. She wants to make a bad joke. "Don't."

"No! You have to let me say it!" She pleaded.

"Say it."

She covered her mouth. "It's a naughty joke. I won't say it. But, I'm happy for you. Just keep it down. You won't be the only ones in the house and please, only in your room. If you dare desecrate the kitchen... Marcelle I swear I will whoop both of you!"

"Come on! Mom and dad used to desecrate the kitchen all the time! The counters have to be christened."

"I better not find proof!"

"You won't find it. Maybe you'll hear it." I chuckled. "By the way, Vee is hands on. She is probably going to run this house."

Lupe raised her eyebrow at me. "She's hands-on? She can be hands-on all over you, not my house. When I run a house,I do it like a dictator. Ask Kei. She gave up."

They will clash. Vee is stubborn when she believes her way of doing things is right. She also believes that the way she does things is the best in terms of managing a home.

"All the best, I won't meddle." I will distance myself from it.

"I don't back down."

"I know." I agreed. "Did you guys clear the left side of the closet?"

"It's all clear." She answered. "How many guests are we having over for dinner?"

"Marcella's family and my parents." I answered.

"Eight and six... I'll set up sixteen places. I better go and run my kitchen."

The emphasis got me laughing. Their flash will be hilarious. I can't wait to see who wins. Lupe has years of experience in n bullying her way.

In a few minutes, Vee will be here and I'm beyond that excited.

It will be the second time I'm having her at my house. I have separated my relationship with her from my family for long enough. I'm certain about where our relationship is heading. It's safe to bring her into my family so that my children can be part of her life. It's time that it all comes together especially because I intend to marry her by the end if this year. She's moving in and I cannot contain my excitement.

"Boys, do you guys have a moment for a quick chat?"

It's a Saturday morning and they are playing videogames. I don't remember my Saturdays being this relaxed. Dad never gave me room to breathe.

"Are we getting our trust funds?" Nicolò asked me.

"Are you 21?" I asked him.

He scratched his head. "Not cool dude. But you can come in."

"I wasn't asking for permission. It's my house, remember?" I leaned on a dresser. They paused the game. "So you guys know that uh... Vee and I are officially together. We hqv decided to live together."

"You're moving out then? Can I have your room?" Marco asked me.

"I'm not moving out." I chuckled.

"You are full of disappointments the day!" Nicolò told me.

I shared a brief laugh with them. He has plans for his trust fund. Marco keeps asking me if I'll be buying Vee a house and moving out so that he can have this house to himself.

"She's moving in with me. So that means she's going to living with us as part of this family." I gestured to all of us.

All six eyes grew a little wide. From seven pairs of eyes to only three. My family isn't so big anymore and I'm starting to feel the emptiness. When we got here, there were seven of us. Gian left. Juan left. Nerina is gone. It's just these three and typical of teenagers, I don't really see them that often. This summer it will only be Gio if he will want to be here. Maybe it's a good thing that Ver has come into my life now. The idea of fatherhood yet again does not seem so bad. Maybe one or two. I don't mind. I know she wants kids.

"That's innevitable." Gio spoke up. "It's okay. But I'm not calling her mom and I'm not giving up my room."

I nodded. Vee will sleep in my bedroom. It's my intention that we soon get intimate. We can't stay like this any longer.

"Fair enough. Nicolò? Marco?"

"We like Vee." They answered at the same time.

"Great. One more thing before I get out of your hair. I don't expect you guys to treat her like your mother but I implore you to welcome her into our family. Help her feel like she fits in here. It's important to me. Any questions?"

They shook their heads.

I left them to continue.

In a few minutes she will be here. I can't wait.

Vittoria's POV
A lot has been happening and I almost feel like it isn't slowing down for me to enjoy the moment. I still cannot bring myself to accept three things.

Emilia lied to me.

Vienna abandoned me.

Signor Tancredi is my father.

The last one is shocking.

My father is an Italian billionaire. My mother is also rich. I was born to two rich people but I lived a life full of hardship!

My father is in the Mafia.

"Signorina, we are here." The driver informed me. I realized that my mind had wondered. We are parked in front of Marcelle's house. It's beautiful.

Marcella:
Ladies,a checklist for Vee now that she's going be living with Marcelle full time? Be helpful guys.

Maddie:
Shouldn't we be making a wedding checklist? That's the next step, right? He better get there soon!

Ella:
Typically yes but at their own time. I think he has been pacing himself and we should expect much quicker progress. Maia has a list.

Maia:
✅ Brazilian, trust me on this.
✅ Lingerie, a lot if it since you'll only use once.
✅Organization and cleanliness skills, he hates a mess.
✅Don't move his stuff.
✅Birth control.
✅ Become a morning person.

Charlotte:
✅Don't move his stuff got me 🤣

Maddie:
46 years experience of living with him. DON'T MOVE HIS STUFF!

Bella:
✅Become a morning person? @Maia what do you mean?

Maia:
All the action is in between 3am-5am. Vee, say goodbye to your sleep.

Bella:
🤭 Am I sorry I asked? That explains a lot...

Ella:
@bella please explain the last part.

Bella:
Nope. If you know you know twinie.

Vee:
I know...

Maia:
Good.

Maddie:
✅ Birth control?

Maia:
He has 7 kids. Baby maker by nature. Unless Vee doesn't mind.

Vee:
I don't mind. I want a bunch!

Maddie:
❌ Birth control 🗑️

Ella:
🤭
In one month... 🍼

Marcella:
One month? So fast? No. He's going to be careful at first and then he will slack off. Six months 🐥

Maia:
I bet it's between 6-8 months.

Maddie:
Do you guys even know that none of his kids are accidental? He's not getting Vee pregnant, unless he wants to.

Charlotte:
He plans everything, doesn't he? Still learning stuff about him!

Lili:
Accidents are cute. I'm with Ella. 1 month. He will be so engrossed he won't remember to be careful.

Annabella:
1 month. You guys, he went public about his relationship, like really public. I think the wedding is a mere formality. Vee you are as good as married to him already. It's a big deal if you're moving in where his kids live. 1 month guys.

Bella:
3 months. First month, he enjoys his girlfriend. Second month, he puts things into perspective like how the baby fits in. Third month, bun in the oven. Twins. The nest is getting empty, he loves kids. He will fill it up again.

Annàbella:
@Bells, yup. @Maia ✅ Brazilian is that Marcelle's vibe?"

Maia:
I heard that he is exceptionally good at it. By now if Vee hasn't experienced this, it's happening like tonight.

Vee:
Experienced what?

"Hey!" I dropped the phone into my bag to receive his kiss. I can't believe I'm here. When he suggested it, I felt it was just a dream. I can't believe we are moving in together. I will be around him much more.

"Hey." I smiled against his lips.

"You've been glued to your phone for a moment."

"Your sisters added me to their personal group. They are giving me advice on how to live with you."

"Dio!" He laughed softly. "I hope they are helpful. Come inside. Welcome home by the way."

"Grazi Signor." I leaned into his side. We walked towards the open the door. I can hear my phone vibrating in my bag. The messages are flooding in. I wonder what they are talking about.

Sherry also recommended that I get as smooth as a baby. I'm yet to understand why.

"Hi Vee. Welcome home. Remember us?" The two identical ones who made us spaghetti spoke at the same time.

"Nicolò and Marco. I still can't tell the difference. I will learn to now that we will see each other often." My eyes moved to the one with Signor's face and Reina's eyes. "You must he Giovanni."

"Just Gio." He answered in a flat tone.

Nothing else was said.

"Okay! I'll show you around." Marcelle took my hand.

We went upstairs to a bedroom. He closed the door and soon enough I was against it, getting kissed savagely. When he gets like this, he makes sure I can't breathe. It's an addictive suffocation. He moved swiftly, his hands firmly on my waist, as firmly as his mouth is anchored on mine. He suddenly pushed me and I felt  the softness of the bed beneath me.

His tee came off and his best too.

My mind went back to the time he flogged me. Dio!

My eyes shamelessly raked over the tight abs. They have gotten tighter. He got on the bed, taking my wrists and dragging me towards the headboard where he secured my wrists using the belt forcing my arms to be stretched above my head.

He came down to kiss me briefly, the darkness in his eyes proving to be infectious.

"Shhhh." He whispered. "Not a sound dolcezza mia."

He ripped the light fabric of my dress for exposing my body to his eyes. He moved the span of his palm over my breast, pressing my belly down and gripping the lace underwear only to rip it off as well. He spread my legs and I almost suffered from shock when the wetness of his mouth embraced my center.

Dio!

I'm so glad I got the Brazilian. But how am I to be quiet? I'm already hot with need, horrified by that he's doing this to me but hot with need.

Dio!

My body is jerking with excitement. Little jolts of electricity are rushing through me to the tips of my toes forcing me to arch my feet. "Marcelle!" I screamed. I feel a familiar tension. Dio! It's the infamous one. "Per favore! Stop! Yes!"

In a matter of seconds, I exploded in sweet release. He kept at it, not giving me room to come down. I wish I could free my hands! I have no power but only permission to feel. It feels like my whole body will become an as numb as my feet.

The open mouthed kisses, the licking, the gentle bites will be my undoing. He's holding my thighs firmly. There's no escape. My head tell back and my vision blurred entirely as he intensified his lips against me. It's when I felt his tongue invade me that I jerked back, clasping my knees tight to conceal the release that flooded out of me.

He chuckled to himself.

I looked away with a serious blush on my face. I'm still breathing hard.

"Vee." He called my attention. I looked at him, still blushing. "Welcome home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Tainted By Izar

General Fiction

99.9K 1.8K 35
Sequel to innocent. Time had passed but their minds had remained on one another. Capri does her best to live her life and Mateo is too busy with his...
3.3K 278 39
Book I of the Mafia Escapades series (Completed) Nova Davis was only months away from her graduation just before she received the devastating news a...
1.8K 9 35
Laura has no other choice than to escape from her abusive household and leave the country. What happens when she encounters the dangerous and irresis...
154 2 13
This love-adult story is about two mafia family (They are enemies). Until one day one family wants to leave...until on their way they find something...