Cold as Steel // RWBY x Samur...

Bởi xXBboyGenkaiXx

(Y/N) is the last samurai of an elder village, after the sudden destruction of it, (Y/N) needs to find out wh... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Description
Chapter 1: The hunt of the Raven
Chapter 2: Apologize
Chapter 3: Au...ra?
Chapter 4: Casual trip
Chapter 5: Petals at night
Chaper 6: You won't leave...would you?
Chapter 7: Smile
Chapter 8:The Beginning
Chapter 9: Welcome to Beacon
Chapter 10: Welcome to Beacon Pt. 2
Chapter 11: A walk through the forest
Chapter 12: Hunter or pray Pt. 1
Chapter 13: Hunter or pray Pt. 2
Chapter 14: Roomates
Chapter 15: The Badge and the burden
Chapter 16: Interrogatory
Chapter 17: Bunny's cry for help.
Chapter 18: Men's duel
Chapter 19: Fist-Bump
Chapter 20:The cat out of the bag
Chapter 21: Guess who's back?
Chapter 22: Reunión
Chapter 23: Full Stop
Chapter 24: Foresight
Chapter 25: A feline's heart
Chapter 26: After the break
Christmas special
Chapter 27: Paint it red
Chapter 28: Tear Point
Chapter 29: Blinking death
Chapter 30: Slump
Chapter 31: Back in Action Pt.1
Chapter 32: Back in Action Pt.2
Chapter 33: Back in Action Pt. 3
Chapter 34: Coldest
Chapter 35: First Contact
Chapter 36: Gold
Chapter 37: The Stray
Chapter 38: Serendipity
Chapter 39: Not much of a best day
Chapter 40: Limerence
Chapter 41: Let There Be Carnage PT. 1
Chapter 42: Let there be carnage Pt.2
Chapter 43: A Minor Hiccup Pt.1
Chapter 44: A Minor Hiccup Pt. 2
Chapter 45: A Minor Hiccup Pt.3
Chapter 46: Black Steel
Chapter 47: Painting the Town Pt.1
Chapter 48: Painting the Town Pt.2
Chapter 49: Σ
Chapter 51: The limits we break
Chapter 52: A change of heart Pt. 1
Chapter 53: A change of heart Pt.2
Chapter 54: The Fairy-Tale Paradigm
Chapter 55: Destiny
Important note

Chapter 50: Invasion

1.8K 66 22
Bởi xXBboyGenkaiXx

Yūgen

(Y/N) remained cold in his feet, still astonished by what he could observe behind the rift that served as a window to another reality.

Edward: This fight is utterly futile, (Y/N)....All this 'vengeance' matter is like a no-ending run in circles... For us....and for you.

(Y/N): ...

Edward: You are pursuing a vague selfish ideal without the slighlest lead...What do you want to get out of it? Our forgiveness?

With utmost tranquility, Edward seemed to walk around the monocromatic gardens around the area.

Edward: Everything was taken away from us that day... Our families, our houses, all our history scorched among the raging flames.... But still...you were the only one who lived...

...

Edward: While we watched the grimms butcher friends and family, our very homes we lived in burnt to ash....While we fought with our bare hands...you simply ran away...

(Y/N): ....I was....just a kid---

Edward: So we were, both Jack and I... even weaker than the so claimed "son of the shinigami"....and yet...we stayed.

Giving a single step forward, Edward seemed to raise his voice.

Edward: Even if we were just children, even if our hands bled and failed in pain....we stayed and fought....Even without being true samurai, we lived by the code to the last breath.

(Y/N): ...

Edward: We fought against invasors with anything we could....Flooded with fear, rage and helplessness. We were the ones who fought with our wood swords until they break, with our bare hands until we could no longer move them....we fought and faltered...with honor.

(Y/N)'s lips seemed to tremble slightly, feeling the weight of Edward's words stabbing him to the core of his being.

Edward: We would have gladly give our lifes for you....but it seems the feeling wasn't reciprocal...

(Y/N): Edward, that's not---!

Edward: Silence! I don't want your worthless words...

...

Edward: I'm being too kind to you...offering this way out before someone else gets involved...

(Y/N): ...Don't drag them into this.

Edward: You were the one who did it. See where you are now...If all this damned strife continues, something will inevitably happen to them.....and it'll all be your fault.

Clenching his fists, (Y/N) could only lower his gaze as he knew the truth of Edward's words.

Edward: Please (Y/N).... stop this before it's too late. No one has to suffer more than necessary.

Staring at him in silence, (Y/N) showed Edward with the glint of his eyes alone his remaining indecisiveness.

Edward: You don't trust my words... I can understand that.... Here.---

Prostrating his hand on Izanami's handle, Edward made a finger sign with his other hand. After a few seconds, (Y/N)'s right arm seemed to be enveloped in some kind of sheen, making him a little nervous; as it slowly faded away, (Y/N) noticed how the dragon's mark left by Jack's blade long ago was no longer there.

(Y/N): ...You...---

Edward: I removed Jack's mark from you...He definitely noticed it so I assure you he won't be happy when I meet him again...

Fixing his gaze on Edward once again, (Y/N) witnessed as he peacefully stepped back from his sword.

Edward: This is not a hoax...I really just want this to be over...

Opening up another rift acting as window, this time into reality, Edward let (Y/N) observe team RWBY fighting against the titan.

Edward: Just look at them....They have no idea what they are getting into and yet you simply sit back and do nothing! What do you think will happen to them if you keep resisting? Of course we'll go after them...Don't you think you've done enough damage to them already?

(Y/N): ...I--...

Edward: You're not your father....It doesn't matter how strong you get....at the end, you won't be able to protect anyone, no matter how hard you try....

...

Edward: The way I see it, this can only end in two things: A) You can do the right thing...do what you should have done almost 8 years ago. You renounce to this life of treachery and cowardice, recovering your honor... and in return, I shall allow you to live in your own fantasy where nothing changed, where everything happens exactly the way you want it to...---

...

Edward: ---or B)...You follow the coward's route, running away from your ghosts and turning your back on those who died because of you. You involve those girls in this never-ending conflict where they'll inevitably get injured or even killed....and all because of your utter egoism.

(Y/N): ...

Edward: Tell me then, what is it gonna be? Will you do the right thing or remain a fool? Will you perish with honor or live with your disgrace? Will you condemn your beloved girls....or give your life for them?

...

Edward: It's your choice.

...

I...

...

I don't know what to say... He is absolutely right...

I've been on this path for so many years....but yet I haven't made any advances....

Not even Ozpin knows what to do...Maybe even all that subject of "things that shouldn't be known" was just some nonsense in order to make me his errand-boy....

Nothing assures me that I'll be able to find that figure after searching all this time.

...

Not to mention....

(Y/N) slowly turned to the other rift, looking at team RWBY for a few seconds.

I was the one who got them into all this...I got involved with them and this is the result....

I don't know if I'll be able to protect them...

...

What should I do...?

(Y/N): *to Edward*....If I...accept....and leave this world....What guarantees me that you won't go after them?

Edward: ....Without you here, we have no reasons to interact with them...much less hunting or damage.

...

I...

...I don't want them to suffer... I don't want anyone else getting hurt by my fault...

I was supposed to be the only one who had to put up with all of this...

...

Everything....

Everything that has happened was because of me...

It's always been my fault...

Every....fucking time...!

...

Why am I still here...!?

I don't deserve this life...! I'm just a fucking disgrace!

I couldn't fight for them....for my own clan...

I COULDN'T PROTECT MY OWN FAMILY WHEN I HAD TO!!

NEITHER AVENGE THEM!!

I COULDN'T LEAVE OTHERS OUT OF MY OWN FUCKING PROBLEMS!!

I COULDN'T BEAR MY OWN BURDEN!!

I couldn't, I couldn't---!

I couldn't...!

....

I can never do anything....

I'm....so useless...

...

...

And if I...had not existed?

If I actually died when the village was attacked...

...

What would this world be like...?

...

Nothing of this'd have happened...right...?

The girls wouldn't be fighting that giant robot....they wouldn't be sentenced by my actions....

Back in the docks...Blake wouldn't have had problem in taking Roman...

The Nargacuga wouldn't be in the forest at the Initiation...

Momiji would never had to go to Beacon...

...

If I had never existed....would everything be better...?

Would everyone...be happier...?

...

If they had never met me...

If...

If Blake would have never met me...

...

Would she...be happier...?

...

Inside (Y/N)'s chest, a strange, suffocating feeling snatched every bit of his will, leaving him barely able to stand upright.

Tempus...can't change the past....neither can I or anyone's semblance I've ever meet.

....

But with this....perhaps I'll be able to make things right...

...

Slowly raising his hand, (Y/N) was ready to finally accept the terms of Edward's deal.

After all...

All of this....was just a mere fantasy...

I never had the right to relate with them....

Meeting them...fall in love...become their friend...fight at their side...

I never earned that right...

...

What would it matter....if I simply jump from one dream to another?

(Y/N)'s fingers slowly approached that rift, consequently, Edward simply lowered his gaze in approval, aware of (Y/N)'s decision. Closing his eyes hoping for some sort of strange sensation, (Y/N) set out to touch the rift.

...

(Y/N)!!!

Stopping in that instant, (Y/N) seemed to freeze in his tracks for a single moment as he heard the distant yet clear cry calling his name.

With RWBY

After being thrown off by the titan, Blake didn't hesitate twice to sprint towards the building where (Y/N) was previously fighting with Edward. Her face was frightened, disbelieving what she was seeing refusing to take it in, for, from her perspective, both swordsmen had disappeared not leaving a single trace.

Blake: (Y/N)!!!

A hoarse, desperate cry escaped from her mouth, calling out in anguish to the samurai. Being intercepted by Yang before she was struck by the titan's sword.

Blake: PLEASE!! NO!!

Yang: Wai--!

Pushing Yang away, they both fell as a result, avoiding the sword passing over them. Blake quickly stood up trying to continue her way. Barely reaching her in time, Yang managed to catch her wrist, thus preventing her from running.

Blake: Just--! Let me--!

Yang: Blake, calm--

Blake: NO!

Pulling her arm free of Yang's grip, Blake took a step back. At the same time, the titan aimed its shotgun at them, however, as it was about to shoot, Ruby and Weiss made it stagger back with a combined attack, making it miss its shot as well.

Hitting some distance away from Blake and Yang, the projectiles caused a small explosion. Just enough to make Blake's hair wave away from her face, allowing Yang to see her expression. She was extremely panicked, with tears in her eyes already streaming down her cheeks, barely keeping her composure.

Blake: I'm not going to stand here and watch!! I won't let him die!!!

Yang, who couldn't speak a single word back, simply heard in silence Blake's words.

Blake: He's risking his life! He always do it!! And right now he's doing it for us!!

BOOM

The ground rumbled with each of the titan's attacks.

Blake: Why can't you understand!? EVEN I CAN SEE IT!!

Despite her expression, anger and frustration warped Blake's voice more and more.

Blake: He cares about us...he's fighting, risking his very own life!! Even when facing monsters like that Edward, HE STILL FIGHTS WITH EVERYTHING HE'S GOT!!

With each word, Blake's voice seemed to break a little more, just as the tears only seemed to stream down with more and more heartbreak.

Blake: I know he's a samurai!! I know damn well how strong he is and I can't imagine the things he had to go through to become like that...!! BUT AT THE END HE'S STILL HUMAN!!

POOM

Blake: Just think about how he feels!!! Having to fight with his own family!!! Getting hurt over and over again but still holding on to his feet to keep up the fight!!!

Despite her trembling lips, Blake brought her hand to her chest increasing her volume.

Blake: OF COURSE HE'S SUFFERING!! BUT HE STILL FIGHTS AND ENDURES!!! HE FIGHTS WITH ALL HIS POWER AND ENDURES ALL PAIN AND SUFFERING JUST FOR US!!!

Yang: ...

Blake: How must he feel...!?

With the last of her breath and breaking into tears, Blake summoned the strength to let out one last cry. 

Blake: HOW MUST HE FEEL CONFRONTING ALL BY HIMSELF AND NOT HEARING OUR VOICES SUPPORTING HIM?!?!?!

One last shot hit a few meters behind Blake, raising a high cloud of dust with it.

Blake: Don't die....

Turning to the building, Blake repeated her call.

Blake: Don't leave us...(Y/N)!!!

....

(Y/N): ...

(Y/N) remained motionless with his mouth half open, trembling slightly still in his initial position.

Edward: How boisterous...

Pointing his hand towards the window towards reality, Edward set out in order to seal it.

SWISH

After feeling his arm being suddenly pushed away by a strange force, Edward noticed the prominent cut that now marked his metallic arm.

(Y/N), who despite being in the same position, used Tempus to cut through the air to strike Edward. After a couple seconds, he slowly lowered his blade, taking a single step in order to face him.

Edward: What...!?

Slowly bringing his other hand up to Okui's handle, (Y/N) wouldn't take his eyes off Edward.

(Y/N): Okui...

Okui: ...

(Y/N): I know...there is no word that describes how you must feel right now...but please....even if after this you can't forgive me....please let me wield you this time...

...

Despite offering her silence in response, (Y/N) was finally able to pull Okui out of her saya.

Taking a last glimpse of that reality where he had a happy life together with a beautiful family, (Y/N) cut throught the rift, erasing it inmediately.

Edward: You--....!

(Y/N): ...

Edward: Are you really going to do this!? You' re going to turn your back on us once again!?

At the same time that Edward pulled his sword out, he pressed a button on the side of his helmet, reactivating all of his body's functions.

Edward: I--....gave you a non-violent solution...!! I offered you my forgiveness and you dare to spit in my face!?

...

Edward: Fucking bastard!! YOU WON'T ESCAPE HERE!!

With his blade in hand, Edward began to summon and create hundreds and hundreds of spades and other weaponry throughout the Yūgen's sky. With a simple hand gesture, Edward pointed them all towards (Y/N) position, firing them right away.

As the uncountable summoned weapons flew towards him, (Y/N) simply brought Okui's blade against his wrist.

(Y/N): I wanted to practice this before actually trying it on someone....

FWOOSH

Okui's blade filled with the blood of its user, consequently, a violent aura quickly enveloped her. As the aura only seemed to grow larger and larger, (Y/N) reached for Okui's saya, holding it with his left hand near his hip.

With absolute tranquility, (Y/N) flicked Okui outward, causing her violent aura to become more like a raging blaze ready to consume whatever comes into contact with it. Placing Okui over her own saya, (Y/N) began to sheathe it struggling against the imposing flame's strength coming from the blade.

Following the clash of the crossguard hitting the saya, that uncontrollable and massive blaze seemed to be consumed by imbuing the sheath.

Getting into position with his knees slightly bent and his hand above the handle, (Y/N) prepared for an Iaido technique.

Inhale

Exhale

...

(Y/N): ...Chinamagusai: Mugetsu-Genkai...

...

Reality

Along with the building, the entire area rumbled violently as a loud blast rumbled across the area. Attracting the gaze of the girls as the upper floors of the building seemed to collapse. Despite all the destruction, Blake quickly searched with her eyes for (Y/N)

Edward was roughly pushed backwards skidding across the floor rolling around until he could finally stop the motion, getting back to his feet. With a loud growl, Edward brought his hand down to his stomach, where a wide gash ran along the length of himself.

On the other hand, (Y/N) stood still at the other side of the plant, Okui on his hand pointing to the side after being drawn.

(Y/N): *cough*....

Coughing up an alarming amount of blood onto the floor, (Y/N) used Okui to stop his fall, feeling his body suddenly faltering and running out of strength.

Edward: You---....Insolent fuck!!

Edward was the first to rise, getting to his feet without much struggle.

Edward: I GAVE YOU A CHANCE!! I gave YOU a fucking way out you miserable, ungrateful wretch!!

(Y/N), still catching his breath, couldn't say anything back.

Edward: How selfish do you have to be to fuck it all up!? How dare you refuse!? IT'S THE LEAST YOU OWE US FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE!!

Pushing with all his might, (Y/N) rose to his feet; staggering a bit, he could finally stood his ground against Edward.

Edward: You---...!!

Clenching his fist with rage, Edward's visor seemed to illuminate with a redish glow.

Edward: I'LL RIP AWAY EVERYTHING YOU LIVE FOR!!!

Driven by his fury, Edward threw his hand forward creating two doppelgangers made of his dark reddish aura, which quickly rush for (Y/N).

With the last of his strength, (Y/N) put himself on guard.

Edward: This is your fault, (Y/N)!! You could have prevented all this!! You could have saved so many people...!!

CLASH CLASH

(Y/N) was having difficulty keeping both doppelgangers at bay. Having to retreat in order to avoid being fatally wounded, unable to attack Edward directly.

Edward: I no longer have anything to lose...!! But you...---

Edward, keeping his hand towards (Y/N)'s position, pointed Izanami towards the side where team RWBY was still fighting with that titan. Gradually, his blade started to disintegrate, and instead, the sky above them was filled with innumerable summoned blades.

Knowing what that meant, (Y/N)'s expression turned horrified. He inmediatey tried to rush towards Edward but was quickly halted by one of his doppelgangers.

(Y/N): NO! They have nothing to do with it!! Your fight is with--!!

Edward: SHUT UP!!

Standing motionless, letting his copies fight for him, Edward continued summoning dozens and dozens of swords, practically clouding the sky altogether.

Edward: I warned you!! I FUCKING WARNED YOU!!

(Y/N): STOP---!!

Edward: IT'S ALL YOUR DAMN FAULT!!

In a desperate attempt, (Y/N) tried to reach for Tempus, however, his arm was inmediately slashed by one of the doppelgangers without even being able to touch the handle.

With a small flick of Edward's wrist, the sky of blades were immediately shot towards the girls and the titan. Filled with terror, (Y/N) used the last of his strength to take a step forward, raising his hand in their direction.

Blake, who was running towards the building's direction, observed how in her passage, one of Edward's doppelgangers cut across (Y/N)'s stomach, however, (Y/N) didn't seem to be fazed by it, as his reaction was directed towards her, his eyes full of horror screaming a single word.

RUN!

Looking up, Blake could see the sky of swords rapidly streaming down towards her and her teammates.

Despite being wounded, (Y/N) rushed towards her trying to jump off from the building, however, before he could reach Tempus' handle, he was once again interrumped by the doppelgangers. Being caught, the doppelgangers tugged him back making (Y/N) fell to the ground.

CLANG

(Y/N) stopped their attack as they tried to finish him off on the ground; unable to stand up, barely feeling his legs from exhaustion, and thus, unable to go and save the girls. Seeing it in slow-motion, his strength waned, and with it, his frustration seemed to boil over.

In utter despair, even his own thoughts sounded borderline insane.

...

Move...!

...I have to move....!!

Come on!! Why my body isn't responding...!?

You have to move for fuck's sake!!

You need to move now!!!!

MOVE!!!

If you don't---...everything'll be in vain...!!!

Why did I come all this way!? WHY DID I TRAIN THIS MUCH!?!?

I don't care if I die, I don't care what happens to my body....!

Please!!

PLEASE!!!

I HAVE TO MOVE!!!!

Despite being focused on the fight, both Ruby and Weiss finally noticed what was coming down to their position, unable to do anything else than watch.

I haven't changed a single bit...

It's just like that day...!

Fuck...! FUCK!!!

Once again...everything I love is going to be stripped from me...And I can't do anything but watch!?!?

After all this time...!! Am I still incapable of changing anything!?!?

Before the eyes of (Y/N), the scene where RWBY stood was replaced after a quick flash by the memory of his village engulfed in flames full of grimms.

No....PLEASE NO!!

I don't want to see it again!!!

Anything!!! PLEASE, I BEG YOU!!

Watching as each girl's figure was replaced by that of a villager eaten by grimm or burned alive, (Y/N)'s anxiety only seemed to grow.

Not again...!! Please, I'll do anything!!

STAND THE FUCK UP!!!

I have to save them...I have to do something!!!!

Engulfed in helplessness and desperation, (Y/N)'s eyes began to fill with tears.

DO SOMETHING!!!!

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!!

Gritting his teeth as hard as he could, the stream of tears slowly trickled out of (Y/N)'s eyes, down his cheeks to the cold floor.

I have to fight!!!

Everything will be in vain if I don't do it!!

Weiss...!

Yang...!

Ruby...!

Blake...!

Everything will be for nothing if I don't win!!

SPARK

If I don't stand up....I'll lose everything I've been fighting for!

I'll lose everything if I don't win!!!

SPARK SPARK

I won't go through the same thing twice!!!!

I can't lose...!! Not now!!!

I have to--...win...!!

I must---...!!!

Not caring the least that the doppelganger's sword would pierce his shoulder, (Y/N) finally went for Tempus' handle. However, the moment he touched it, an electric current seemed to envelop both his arm and the entire sheath.

---

Pride: From this moment on....you are absolutely forbidden from losing....

---

𝙸 𝙼𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝚆𝙸𝙽!!!

BANG

A strong lightning blast suddenly struck his position destroying both doppelgangers at the same time. Along with it, a blinding thunderclap struck the sky, and with it, erased in its entirety that sky of swords that Edward had created in just a split second.

At the same time that everything took place, Edward felt a strong impact hitting him right in the visor. Leaving with it, a long gash along.

Edward: What---!?

Hearing the constant sound of the sparks behind him, Edward quickly turned around, finding (Y/N) with his back to him. All around him, electric flashes flickered one after another, his dark black hair seemed to light up with a silvery outline, bristling slightly.

(Y/N): I'm truly sorry, Edward....I understand...that you can't forgive me...for running away that day... I wouldn't either....

With his totally serious and serene tone, (Y/N) provoked a noticeable reaction in Edward, who, inside his visor, began to see countless notifications: "Fear inhibitors: activated", "Calming Breath" or alike.

(Y/N): There hasn't been....a single day during all these long years...where I don't regret what I did that day...

Taking a single step back, Edward got into stance as his blade came back to normal. The electricity emanating from ( Y/N) suddenly seemed to blur his vision, as the noticeable lightning flashes around him suddenly seemed to strike his surroundings.

(Y/N): I curse myself every night for it...I wish I could go back in time so I could actually do something.... And I know....I don't deserve the life it was given to me.....And that it's not my role to be with those girls...

(Y/N) carefully turned his foot in order to turn around, causing a strong electric current to strike upon Edward's direction.

(Y/N): But even so...---

...

(Y/N): But even so---...!!

Finally facing him, (Y/N) showed him his new state. An imposing electric aura not only enveloping him but also striking in the vicinity with quick and wild lightning bolts, accompanied by the constant screeching of electricity.

The seriousness stood foremost in his gaze, for despite the swishing of his ruffled hair and the constant sparks around him, his golden gaze was fixed on Edward along a deep frown.

The tears that streamed from his eyes seemed to float in the air for a few instants before being evaporated by his own electric aura; and from the golden glow of both of them,  two small flickers of energy flashed out of his irises.

(Y/N): I'm not gonna let you take them away from me!!

Stupefied, Edward seemed to freeze at the sight before him, ignoring the warning of the small voice inside his helmet.

Ari: Warning. Hazardous electrical current detected, please stand back.

(Y/N): You wanted to see my real power....didn't you...?

Quickly backing away with the first step of (Y/N), Edward raised his sword to guard.

Carrying some sheathed sword engulfed in a more noticeable electrical aura in his left hand, (Y/N) slowly brought it to the front of him, provoking with it, a burst of fierce lightning strikes in his vicinity.

(Y/N): Well then...

Grasping the apparent handle of that sword, (Y/N) slowly pulled the blade upward as a violent current was freed from inside the sheath, illuminating for just an instant the whole area, and with it, litting (Y/N)'s eyes with that aura.

(Y/N): You better not blink...

As (Y/N) drew his sword in a quick slash, the dimension seemed to split along its trace.

(Y/N): CHRONOS!!

Following his call, a sudden lightning blast went down striking directly into (Y/N)'s position unleashing a powerful shockwave, and thus, pushing Edward back.

With an extremely high brightness, seeming lightnings erupted from (Y/N)'s spot, reaching to the ends of the floor where both he and Edward were standing, and hence, blinding Edward for a couple seconds.

With the utmost serenity, (Y/N) proceeded to take the first step forward, breaking out lightning as he continued his walk.

(Y/N): ....

Still holding his sharp stare, (Y/N)'s resolve seemed even overwhelming as he slowly made his way toward his enemy, who, only stood his ground as he got in guard.

Watching from a distance, both Yang and Blake froze in place.

𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝖒𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖈𝖆𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍 𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖌𝖑𝖆𝖉𝖑𝖞 𝖉𝖎𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗,

STEP

𝕯𝖊𝖋𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖆 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖜𝖍𝖎𝖈𝖍 𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔,

Blake: ...

𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞 𝖒𝖆𝖓 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖋𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖎𝖓 𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓,

(Y/N): ...

𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝖎𝖓𝖛𝖆𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓.

Feeling totally overwhelmed by (Y/N)'s imposing state, Edward summoned a flurry of swords behind him, shooting them towards him.

Not moving a single muscle yet continuing his slow walk, (Y/N) didn't even flinch as the swords shattered in the air before him. Dozen after dozen, the summoned blades couldn't cross his electric aura.

Just as frustation started to take over him, Edward watched that some aura seemed to concentrate only for a moment on (Y/N)'s blade.

SWISH

Along with the vibrating singing of Edward's blade steel and the rough thrust that had nearly pushed him out of the building, a red-hot mark appeared on his blade, signaling the consequecne of blocking (Y/N)'s attack, who, stood cold on his feet with his sword high in the air.

(Y/N): ...

Edward: The hell did you---!?!?

SPARK

...

Edward: ...Huh...?

Once he heard that screeching sound, it was already too late. Unable to notice the moment when he had moved; (Y/N), in a single thousandth of a second, broke through Edward's defense, traveling the full distance between them tightly gripping his blade's handle with both hands. Mockingly giving Edward the chance to try to defend himself by not attacking immediately upon arrival, but waiting until he finally noticed his precense.

Edward: Damn---!!

As soon as Edward made the gesture of setting his sword beside him to block, (Y/N) instanly swung his blade; however, just as his blade and Edward's were abut to clash, time seemed to stop.

(Y/N)'s figure instantly turned into an afterimage, for he, as if he had gone back in time, returned to his original position, now swinging against Edward from an another angle.

After repeating the process for several times, time finally came back to normal, and with it, the multiple cuts were unleashed upon Edward's body, feeling every single one of them as a single flurry.

Dropping to one knee, Edward tried to cope with the damage.

(Y/N): Kurogane sword-style....'A hundred lies'...

Edward: You--...mock me!?

Rising in a single motion, Edward lunged forward to (Y/N).  However, just as his sword was about to land, (Y/N)'d draw Chronos in a wide horizontal swipe, cutting across Edward's stomach. After the blade travelled its way, some fissure in reality showed itself for the second time, seeming to freeze time whatever it had cut through, in this case: Edward.

The moment he sheathed the sword, the fissure that stopped Edward seemed to burst out with an electric jolt.

Edward: G-Gugh...!!

Staggering, Edward could barely hold himself on his feet, observing as (Y/N) glanced at him over his shoulder still covered with those sparkles fluttering around him and with his gaze just as sharp as the very first moment.

With no other choice, Edward drew all his strength to drive his own sword into the ground, releasing a gigantic wave of his own aura in consequence.

(Y/N): ...

Undeterred in the slightest, (Y/N) let him do as he pleased.

Edward: IZANAMI!!!

Not chasting a chant this time, all of Edward's techniques seemed to activate at the same time, his wheel of swords surrounding him, the dozens of daggers behind him and what appeared to be more than a thousand summoned blades above the building ready to fire at (Y/N).

Just as (Y/N) looked to the side of the building, a whole wall of summoned swords also appeared, instantly surrounding him.

Edward: DIE!

The seemingly infinite blades flew at him, not stopping the fire for even a second. However, the more blades that were shot, the more severe Edward's nervousness became. With his ominous speed, (Y/N)'s body barely seemed to move in order to dodge the constant barrage of projectiles.

His body seemed to vibrate but didn't move from his place; setting his cold gaze upon Edward once again, (Y/N) took a single step forward. Edward could only visualize a slight sparkling passing through his viewfinder when (Y/N) disappeared from his place.

Appearing behind Edward with his blade raised to his right, (Y/N) reamined cold on his feet. On the other hand, as Edward felt a single yet soft cut on his visor, a second flurry of powerful and blindingly fast was unleashed upon his metalic body.

The moment his body seemed to weaken, slumping forward, a gigantic aura being seemed to grow out of himself. Letting him the sufficient strength to turn around and swing against (Y/N) once again.

CLASH

As the aura being's blade reached (Y/N), Chronos was instantly imbued in his powerful electrical aura before the clash. The entire building rumbled loudly on cue, barely able to withstand all that was happening.

With unparalleled ease, (Y/N) deflected Izanami's giantsque sword aside before tossing it into the air. Teleporting in front of Edward cutting him a couple times before dashing across the air slicing him from all directions.

Escaping from that technique, Edward seemed to rise even higher in the air. However, he was promptly reached by (Y/N) and his lightning speed.

Almost as if they were chasing each other in the air, (Y/N) and Edward collided swords and hit each other with their maximum power, causing the loud explosions in their surroundings.

The being Edward used to attack had summoned three other giant swords, wielding them with the entity's extra arms. Without missing a beat, (Y/N) blocked, deflected and took advantage of every moment to hit Edward with the resolve to bring him down.

That equality at the beginning of the battle seemed to disappear before Edward's eyes, for, with every single swing, (Y/N) seemed to just become faster and dexterous on his technique. Quickly overpassing Edward's power on their final clash.

Not giving up, Edward fought with everything he had; Izanami's being brandishing its weapons at the same time that he summoned several wheels of shortswords around him, launching them towards (Y/N). On the other hand, (Y/N) rushed along Chronos lightnings towards Edward, swiping away his summoned blades without much difficulty.

With an anger filled shout, Edward prepared to charge with the next attack, accordingly, (Y/N) roared loudly with utmost purpose unleashing countless of cuts upon Edward in unison.

Ready to end it all with the next attack, (Y/N) felt all of his energy concentrating on Chronos' blade as he raised it high in the air. Edward, with the same intention, drastically increased Izanami's size, enlarging its weapons evenly until he charged at (Y/N).

SWISH

The sound of a blade cutting through was the only thing everyone could hear before the deep silence. After a few seconds, the building they were  previously in seemed to split into two halves, the one on the left collapsing while the other seemed to stand still.

As Izanami's being disappeared in the air, Edward fell to the upper bulding floor, taken away from any strength and with his left arm missing. A few meters away, (Y/N), panting slightly and with less wounds than him,  landed on his feet upright.

Unable to even stand up, Edward turned to him, watching as (Y/N) slowly brought his arm up, pointing Chronos towards him.

Edward: G-Grr...

(Y/N): *panting*...

Edward: ...D-Do it.

(Y/N) finally gripped Chronos with both hands, positioning himself for the final blow. Edward, powerless, could only lower the head waiting for it to finish.

...

SPARK

...

Suddenly, a strange sensation seemed to lock (Y/N)'s movement. His muscles tightened sharply for no apparent reason, reacting with surprise, his whole body started to quiver. From his arms, the same feeling began to manifest itself all over his body, feeling like a full-body cramp.

Spark after spark, flash after flash, the electricity began to gradually spiral out of control, striking (Y/N)'s body accordingly.

(Y/N): What's--...happening...!?

Feeling the current go through his body with small, precise lashes, (Y/N) began to lose strength. Gritting his teeth unable to move, he could only watch as Edward slowly rose from the ground with the support of his sword back to his feet.

Edward: *cough*...That's your limit, huh...? Of course... *cough*....such a power...experienced for the first time...leaves you powerless...

Forcing his own body, (Y/N)'s arms slowly lowered to in front of him; however, just as he tried to get back on his guard, a sudden electric blast seemed to be triggered from inside his own body, making him drop to his knees as he tried to gain back his breath.

Edward: *pressing the side of his helmet* Neo...I....need a pick-me-up....

Immediately after he finished his sentence, a bullhead seemed to make itself visible at the side of the building, opening its door for Edward.

(Y/N): Wait---!

Just as Edward began to stagger in its direction, (Y/N) stood up.

(Y/N): You won't run away from here... I can still fight!!

Once again, electricity seemed to envelop (Y/N), ruffling his hair; however, after a few moments it burst in the air disappearing once again.

Edward: I'm--*cough*....not running away....

(Y/N):  *panting* I'm...seeing you...do it...

Before boarding the ship, Edward turned to him.

Edward: No....If you want to continue--....until one of us is dead...then come...---

Pressing with his chin the little button under his wrist, some red light started to flash. Back with the girls fighting the titan, the giant titan suddenly seemed to stop as the same red flash appeared from its robotic eye.

Titan: Instructions changed, switching to protocol: Prime.

Once the titan stopped speaking, its armor seemed to begin to scroll, repositioning itself on its chassis to make it somewhat lighter and faster. From its back, what appeared to be a Northstar-like thrusters seemed to unfold. Its shotgun, being a little short for close-combat, suddenly extended into some rifle-like gun.

Surprised by the change not only of its entire structure, but also of the gloomy red glow coming from the cabin that acted as a face, the girls gripped tight to their weapons stepping back.

(Y/N): What the---!?

Edward: ---But your precious girls...won't make it out of this one...

(Y/N): I'm fast enough to take you and your toy out...!

Edward: Are you? You barely have enough strength....to fight one...What ensures that you can handle both...?

(Y/N): ...

Frowning deeply, (Y/N) turned to the titan.

Weiss quickly used her glyphs to fire at the mecha, however, with a single swipe of its sword, it broke all of them; before she could summon more, the titan quickly rushed for her. Firing dust imbued slugs to the cabin, Ruby attracted its attention before it could attack Weiss. However, with a single shot of its rifle,  the titan made Ruby fly away with its explosion.

Weiss: Ruby!

Seeing from his place, (Y/N) immediately tried to head to them, however, he was interrupted by Edward.

Edward: I have no problem dying today....or to answer any questions you may have....But are you willing...to leave those girls behind?

(Y/N): Shut your mouth!!

Rushing towards the titan, both Blake and Yang attacked at the same time. Yang lunging at the cockpit as Blake used her kusarigama to swing around its body.

Edward: And...before you choose...

Using his one remaining arm, Edward threw (Y/N) some object, making him get on guard once again. However, as (Y/N) took a second look, he simply caught it in the air.

A necklace.

Edward: I've been...sticking to that...for almost 8 years now...

Leaning against the ship, Edward stepped onto it.

(Y/N): ...What's the meaning of this...?

Edward: It doesn't--...have any trackers....or something alike....it's what it is....

...

Edward: A birthday present...

 (Y/N): ...

Edward: Better late than never....a last remnant of those days...

Turning back to the girls fighting futilely against the titan and then turning to look at the weaken Edward, frustration was beginning to overwhelm (Y/N).

Edward: Now choose....

(Y/N): ....

Despite their synchronized attacks, Blake and Yang were unable to do any damage to the titan; In one of their attempts, the titan sent Blake flying with a quick swipe of its metallic arm, quickly turning at Yang as she leaped on to him, knocking her away with its giant blade.

(Y/N): G-Grr...!

Clenching his fists tightly, (Y/N) watched as Edward slumped into one of the seats inside the ship.

Edward: What is it gonna be then...? Will you go after--

SWISH

Before even finishing his sentence, an aura slash was directed towards Edward, who quickly used Izanami to create an aura shield, blocking the impact. Once the dust cloud was cleansed, (Y/N)'s figure was gone.

Edward: ...

As the ship took off, Edward muttered a few last words.

Edward: How disappoining....

With RWBY

A single shot was aimed at Blake, who dodged it in midair by using her semblance. Within seconds, the titan seemed to twist slightly after the sound of an explosion, being Yang the one who punched its legs making it waver.

Yang quickly tried to reach behind the titan maneuvering in the air with her gauntlets, however, she was easily dodged with the titan's dash, getting knocked down after the titan hit her with its rifle barrel.

Blake: Yang!

Relying on her semblance clone, Blake propelled herself towards the titan, launching her kusarigama to swing forward.

As the titan readied its gun to finis her off, Blake reached her in time, pushing Yang away just before the titan shoot.

BOOM

The explosion of the shot sent Blake flying away, once she fell to the ground, she merely watched as the titan quickly jumped upon her with its blade up in the sky. Shutting her eyes putting her arm forward, Blake waited for the final blow.

CLANG

Followed by the sharp sound of a lightning bolt, the sound of clashing metal echoed in the same position. Opening her eyes as she felt a warm sensation behind her head, Blake finally observed what was happening.

(Y/N) gently held her close to him with his left hand, embracing her tightly. Upon raising her gaze, Blake noticed his tired expression along with his somewhat red puffy eyes; his jacket was gone, leaving him now in that white T-shirt that emphasized his toned  physique.

While wrapping his arm around her, (Y/N) had halted the titan's blade with his right hand and his new sword. Despite his fatigue, his brawny arm seemed to firmly hold the attack as it flexed right in front of the faunus girl.

Blake watched slowly as (Y/N) finally met her eyes, with barely any distance between their faces, bringing his face closer to her.

Feeling as if her heart stopped for a moment, a warm sensation filled her chest.

SWISH

Taking advantage of the thousandth of a second that deflecting the titan's sword gave him, (Y/N) picked Blake up with both arms bridal style, leaping over the next titan's hack.

From one second to the next, Blake seemed to gasp for breath as she felt (Y/N)'s arms around her. Speechless, she merely felt her face heating up as her very eyes seemed to light up.

Evading the attacks with the greatest of ease, (Y/N) brought Blake together with Yang, who had barely recovered. A few seconds later, Ruby and Weiss arrived with them, driving the titan back with cover fire.

Yang: *to (Y/N)* What the hell happened to you? Can you still move!?

(Y/N): What does it look like...?

Gently putting Blake down, (Y/N) turned to the other girls.

(Y/N): ...How are you girls doing?

Weiss: *pointing at the titan* How does it look like?

The titan, in a single flick, sliced through the air with his giant sword at the same time as it  slung its new rifle over his shoulder.

(Y/N): Ugh....This is going to be a tough one...and I hardly have any strenght left...

Leaning closer to Blake, Yang murmured in her ear.

Yang: You ok?

Blake: ...

Yang: Blake?

Blake: H-Huh?

Still focusing on the titan, (Y/N) stood upright as he started to talk.

(Y/N): Hey Ruby....

Ruby: Huh?

(Y/N): Remeber the thing you sent me by text?

Looking over his shoulder with a small grin, (Y/N) finished with a single phrase.

(Y/N): ...Give the order.

Ruby: ...

With an excited though confident smile, Ruby swung her scythe around before stepping to the front of everyone.

Ruby: Alright!

On her cue, Weiss and Yang joined her, the sound of Yang's gauntlet reload along with Weiss glyphs appearing over her.

Up to the back of the formation, (Y/N) drew both Hattori and Chronos as a few sparkles flashed all around him, accompanying him, Blake drew her weapon getting at his side.

Ruby: Team RWBY and compan---...*grin* No...---

With the formation complete, a small smile seemed to form on each member's face.

Ruby: Team RWBYK! Ready to engage!!

---

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

120K 1.1K 74
A Man that has traveled throughout many different worlds stumbles upon the world of Remnant. Ruby x Male Reader Also I don't own any pictures, songs...
164K 2.6K 43
(ALL ART THAT ARE IN THIS STORY ARE MADE BY ME) You are Y/N, that's the only thing you remember from your past, people call you Y/N, and people call...
33K 778 23
Ever since Blake left the White Fang, Y/N has always been skeptical and worried about the White Fang itself, seeing how it changed his older brother...
8.6K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.