Unwavering Destiny (Hiatus)

By LykuroKurato

After having enough with everyone who wanted him to stop. Join Ash as he journey around a new world with his... More

Profile: Ash (Kanto & Johto)
Profile: Ash (Hoenn & Sinnoh)
Profile: Ash (Unova & Kalos)
Profile: Ash (Alola & Galar)
Profile: Ash (Special)
Profile: Others
Prologue: When fate comes knocking
Chapter 1: An Opportunity
Chapter 2: Welcome to Pasio
Chapter 3: Preparations
Chapter 4: Not Alone
Chapter 5: Rules
Chapter 6: The battle for the first badge
Chapter 7: An Ambush... Really?
Chapter 8: Meeting Together
Chapter 9: Egg-xiting Adventure
Chapter 10: Meanwhile
Chapter 12: The Battle Villa
Chapter 13: A Past Trauma
Chapter 14: Past and Realisation
Chapter 15: Bonds and Trusts
Event 1: Strongest Figthers! Part 1
Event 1: Strongest Fighters! Part 2
Event 2: All Aboard The Victory Train
Event 3: Fright Night
Short Story 1: Brute Vs Blade
Short Story 2: Pasio Fashion Passion
Event 4: Good Cold times
Short Story 4

Chapter 11: Soaring high, a battle in the sky!

502 13 0
By LykuroKurato

A new day arrives on Pasio as Ash is heading out to face the PML leader to obtain his second badge.

The only thing that is stopping him now is that he can't find where and who the second Leader was.

He was now in an open field after leaving the dense forest.

"They should probably add more signs here." Ash muttered as he was looking around and saw a familiar individual resting nearby.

It was a girl who had red hair where one side was tied standing up with two longer hair on the front. She wore gloves and boots and has a small pouch around her right leg. It was Skyla, the Flying Type Gym Leader from Unova.

Ash: Oh good, maybe I can ask her for some directions.

Ash walked up to Skyla who was busy humming a tune with her eyes closed.

Ash: Hey!? Excuse me?

Skyla: Huh?

Skyla lifted one eye to see who it was and saw him. She stood up brush the dirt and grass off of her before looking back at Ash.

Skyla: Hello there, haven't seen you around here?

Ash: Right, I'm Ash Ketchum. You're Skyla right?

Skyla: Right you are. So what can I do to help you?

Ash: I was hoping you know where I'd find the second PML Leader for my next badge?

Skyla: Oh, well that's easy!

___________________________________________

Ash: I wonder if every PML Leader I meet are going to be asleep or resting when I arrive...

Skyla: Can you blame us? Not many challengers come to us these days so we got nothing to do but to wait.

Ash and Skyla are currently at an open space where the battle take place. Skyla has suggested them to have a normal traditional battle with 4 Pokémon each since her teammates were taking a break so they both agreed to battle one Pokémon at a time.

Skyla: So? Are you ready?

Ash: You bet I am, my team and I are going to give it our all!

Pikachu: Pika-Pika!

"I see, then let's begin!" She says as she and Ash held a Pokéball in their hands, they both threw their Pokéballs out.

On Skyla's side a white Swan with blue feathers on it's chest emerged. Whereas Ash sent out an orange canine with rocks coming out of its neck.

Ash: Let's do this Lycanroc!

Skyla: That's a cool Pokémon you have there, but we won't go down that easily.

Ash: We'll see. Lycanroc! Let's start with Accelerock!

Skyla: Quick, get up high!

Swanna flapped her wings and took off to the sky as Lycanroc blitzed to where she was.

Ash: Knock it back down with Rock Throw!

It was unfortunate that the Rockruff line couldn't learn Smack Down, so Ash settled with the next best thing, throw a rock at the flying swan.

Lycanroc created some rocks before knocking them into the sky.

Skyla: Dodge them all and use Wing Attack!

With gracefulness, Swanna maneuver past the rocks and made it's way to Lycanroc.

Ash just waited for the Swan Pokémon to appear infront of Lycanroc.

Ash: Now! Counter it!

Lycanroc took a blow from her wings, only to convert the damage and hit Swanna back.

Swanna was sent flying before it balanced herself upright.

Skyla: Gust!

Swanna used this opportunity to create a strong wind towards Lycanroc. The breeze hit Lycanroc and made him flinch.

Ash: Wait, how did Gust cause flinch!

Skyla: That's a suprise here on Pasio, some moves have additional effect, some are unique to some trainers as well.

Ash: I really should have read the rule book.

Skyla: You can read it after this, Swanna use Water Gun!

Swanna unleashed a blast of water and it made contact with Lycanroc.

Skyla was expecting him to panic since Rock Types were afraid of water but she wasn't expecting of what it did.

Lycanroc was dripping wet after the attack, he then just shook his whole body making him a lot more dry and he was ready to continue their battle.

Ash: Sorry to burst your bubble but my Lycanroc aren't like the others!

Skyla: Well we're not finished yet, Aerial Ace!

Ash: Thunder Fang!

Swanna approached Lycanroc with immense speed hoping knock it out but Lycanroc was able to kept his sights on her and lit his jaws with electricity. Swanna's wing soon made contact with Lycanroc's fangs before both attacks created an explosion. The smoke cleared soon revealing both of them unconscious.

Ash: Lycanroc, return! You did great.

Skyla: Take a break now Swanna, you did your best.

After that, Ash already chosen his next choice and sent it out.

Ash: Bayleaf! Come on out.

As Bayleaf came out of her Pokéball, she did what she always does, body slam Ash on to the ground and giving him a nuzzle.

Skyla on the other hand sent out a green bird with clouds for moustache with purple legs and tail.

Ash: Is that Tornadus in Therian Forme...

___________________________________________

After Skyla assured Ash that using Legendaries and Mythicals are allowed in the rule book. They resume their battle.

Ash: Bayleaf! Use Vine Whip!

Bayleaf let out two vines that reach out towards Tornadus.

Skyla: Knock them back with Air Cutter!

Tornadus flapped it's wings causing the vines to go in a different direction. The attack however kept going.

Ash: Quick, put up a Light Screen!

Ash had never really use the move before, he had only seen others like Diantha using it to reduce damage from Special attacks. He thought it was time to add new moves for his Pokémon to overwhelm their opponents or buy them some time.

Air Cutter made it's way towards Bayleaf before passing through a reflective screen before hitting Bayleaf.

As the dust clears out, Bayleaf was still standing after minimizing the damage.

Ash: Energy Ball!

Without hesitation, Bayleaf fired a green ball towards Tornadus at quick speed

Skyla: Dodge it and use Hurricane!

Ash: Quick! Sweet Scent!

After dodging the Energy Ball, Tornadus conjured a Hurricane which draws everything towards it. Bayleaf released a scent through her buds and the powder soon entered the Hurricane before hitting Bayleaf.

Ash and Skyla waited for the hurricane to disappear before revealing a still standing Bayleaf, above her was raining pink smoke which soon engulfed Tornadus.

When Tornadus inhaled some of the sweet scent. It began to lose focus and was starting to fall back to the ground.

Skyla: Tornadus, No!

Ash: Vine Whip to grab it and swing it around!

After recovering from the Hurricane, Bayleaf extended her vines once more and wrap them around Tornadus feet. She began to flail it around smashing Tornadus repeatedly to the ground. With one last effort, she swung her vines down infront of her. Tornadus soon crashed on to the ground.

"Body Slam!" Without enough time to get back into air, Tornadus was met with a heavy hit from the sauropod to the ground. As the dust cleared out, Tornadus was down for the count.

"Alright! Bayleaf yo- OOF!" Before he could finish his sentence he was glomped onto the ground again.

Skyla: This isn't over yet. Togekiss! It's your turn!

Skyla threw a Pokéball into the air and out came the Jubilee Pokémon, Togekiss. Ash returned Bayleaf to give her a rest before looking at his new foe.

Ash: Right, Togekiss huh. In that case I'll-

His sentence was once again interrupted when one of Pokéballs on his belt opened, it was Land Shark Pokemon, Gible.

"Gi-ble?" Gi-ble tilted his head wondering what his trainer was doing, before he looked up front and saw Togekiss. Mistaken it Dawn's he leaped towards it while opening his mouth wide.

Ash quickly grab Gible before he could hurt Togekiss, unless he wanted to use him to battle Skyla's third Pokémon.

Ash: Woah! Gible hang on, do you want to battle?

Gible: Gible Gi-ble~.

Ash: Oh, okay then. Let's do this Gible!

Gible then got out of Ash's hand land on the ground facing Togekiss.

Skyla: Umm? You do know you're at a type disadvantage right

Ash paused and began to think what she meant, Togekiss was a Fairy and Flying type, which had advantages over Gible who was Dragon and Ground type.

This would mean that most of Gible's moves wouldn't be able to hurt Togekiss. But since they're battling on Pasio, there were no type resistance or immunities in battle.

Ash: And you know I had just beaten a Legendary with a not fully evolved Pokémon... Right?

Skyla: Oh well, suit yourself. Togekiss! Tri Attack!

Three different coloured orbs appeared in front of Togekiss before she launched it towards Gible.

Ash: Use Dig to dodge them!

Gible burrowed into the ground narrowly avoiding the elemental orbs. He soon popped back up behind Togekiss.

Ash: Rock Smash!

With one arm glowing, Gible swung and hit Togekiss, it didn't really hurt Togekiss but it was clear that the secondary effect of Rock Smash was applied.

Skyla: Use Air Slash from a distance!

Ash: Use Dig again!

Blades of wind came towards Gible who dug its way out of the way.

Ash: Sandstorm!

Skyla was confused by Ash's order, but soon found out why. As soon as the command was given, a large amount of sand burst out of the hole where Gible entered. Togekiss who was above the hole was hit by the sand. Although it didn't hurt her, some got into her eyes. Ash had used Sandstorm as a substitute for Sand Attack.

Ash: Alright!

Skyla: Aura Sphere!

Ash:Oh no...

Despite having her accuracy lowered, Aura Sphere was a move that never misses. With her eyes closed, Togekiss created a blue sphere between he wings before firing off as it sped it's way towards Gible.

Ash: Draco Meteor!

Skyla: Wait What!

To Skyla's surprise, Gible fired a glowing orb which made contact with Aura Sphere, canceling each other out.

Unfortunately, Gible was to close to collision between Draco Meteor and Aura Sphere collided which caused him to get blown back by the force.

Gible shot past Ash and hit a tree. As the smoke died down, Gible was revealed to have been knocked out.

Ash: Gible! Are you okay!

Ash ran over to where Gible was, checking his injuries.

Ash: Take a rest Gible.

Gible was absorbed back into his Pokéball, Ash hopes that this would minimize his injuries until he returns to the Pokémon Center.

Ash took a deep breath before sending out Bayleaf again. She was about to tackle Ash before she noticed the look on his face.

Ash: ... Let's win this for Gible, Bayleaf.

Bayleaf: Bay-Bayleaf!

Skyla: If you want to continue than that's fine by me. Togekiss, Dazzling Gleam!

Ash: Leaf Storm!

Togekiss began to spin around releasing a bright light while Bayleaf surrounded herself with leaf before firing them off.

As both moves collided. Ash quickly ordered another move while they were distracted.

Ash: Solar Beam!

After firing Leaf Storm, Bayleaf opened her mouth as the lead on her head absorbed sunlight.

Skyla: Counter it with Moonblast!

An illusory moon appeared behind Togekiss before she fired a pink sphere. Bayleaf was done charging Solarbeam and fired it off.

Both moves collided again but soon Solarbeam overpowered Moonblast and made it's way towards Togekiss.

Togekiss was hit and fell to the ground.

Skyla: Togekiss!

Skyla checked on her to see if she was alright before signing in relief, then she returned her into her Pokéball.

Ash: Good Job Bayleaf!

Ash was glad that Bayleaf was okay, but soon panicked when she fell to the ground exhausted.

Ash: Oh no, take rest Bayleaf. You deserve it.

Bayleaf nodded as she was glad to make him proud. Soon Ash sent out his final Pokémon.

"Unfezaaaant!" Screeched the Unovan Bird Pokémon.

Skyla: Hmm, looks like we both have the same idea. Unfezant come on out!

Another Unfezant came out but it was a Male variant. She was almost using the same Unfezant in his world.

However what happened next was a suprise to both trainer. Skyla's Unfezant went infront of the female and began a mating dance with his feathers spread. He kept moving around while singing a song before he stopped and waits for Ash's to respond.

Her answer? Surround herself in a flaring aura and crash into Skyla's. She was not impressed.

Skyla: Sorry, I guess he's still hasn't mature enough yet. I got him from an egg that my Unfezant laid.

"Well that explains a few things..." Ash muttered as Unfezant gave her knocked out opponent an annoyed look.

Skyla: I guess you won. Here, take this!

Skyla pick something out of her pouch and flicked it to Ash.

Ash caught with his right hand and turn to see a badge shaped as a feather.

Ash was glad he won but soon remembered he has something to do.

___________________________________________

Ash: So how's Gible doing, Trista?

"Well he didn't take to much damage..." She says as she looks up from her monitor with Gible's analysis.

Trista: But he suffering a head injury and won't be waking up anytime soon.

Ash: Thanks for your help.

Ash said as Trista return to her place while Ash looked at Gible who was sleeping.

Ash: Take a rest as long as you want, you deserved it.

With that said he left to rest in his room as well. As he left the room Gible limbs moved a bit.

___________________________________________

1. The next chapter might come out quicker since I already wrote most of it about a month ago.

2. Screw the move limit.

3. I just realized I've been using 'Bayleaf' which is the Japanese name while the English is 'Bayleef'.

That's all for now!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 740 33
Ash is a 15-year-old trainer who is traveling back to Kanto after winning Kalos league he is accompanied by his traveling companion Serena a 15-year...
33.2K 280 26
Ash misses Alola. So he, Pikachu, Greninja, and Ash's Alola Pokémon went to the airport to fly back to Alola and meet his friends again. But, he didn...
8.6K 258 29
Ancienverse Book Five. In the wake of the battle at Heahea City, Ash and the others continue their adventure in Alola, oblivious to the tipping point...
33.1K 620 13
Some years after Serena is in Sinnoh and Ash comes back from Alola, the path crosses once more after 5 years. Will he still remember what happen'...