YOU | Ben Hargreeves

By biancalolou

Aira Hart. She was trained and honed, went on missions with them, even has a number designated but is not con... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 5

1.3K 27 5
By biancalolou

3RD PERSON POV

FLASHBACK

Outside Capital West Bank was a crowd of policemen and reporters who gathered because of a robbery case that was currently happening. Multiple hostages are held inside, scared for their lives.

Inside the bank was the robbers, who probably thinks they got this operation polished and ready to go, but unfortunately for them, they would meet their demise.

On the hands of little kids.

"Hey! Get them behind the counter!" one of the masked men pointed at another one of the robbers.

The hostages were terrified and some were hysteric. Also add the fact that the whole environment was chaotic and loud because of the alarm that kept blaring up.

"Now you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm?" an unmasked man said into the walkie talkie. He looks like someone in charge.

"Shit!" he exclaimed once he finally reached the lobby where his men are forcefully pushing the hostages.

Unknown to him, a little girl in a uniform and a mask that only covers the eyes is skipping behind him.

"Hey, get back with the others." the man ordered once he took notice of the little girl.

"I heard a rumor." the girl whispered.

"What? What did you say?" questioned in a demanding voice.

The little girl slowly smiled at him, "I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot." she whispered to the man.

The man's eyes became misty as if entranced but it did go back to normal but there was something wrong.

He looked at his gun then turned to one of his men who was walking by. He pointed his gun at his foot and pulled the trigger.

The one who got shot screamed in pain and agony while the hostages screamed for their life.

Not even a few seconds after, someone fell from the glass ceiling. It turns out to be another kid, a boy that's also wearing a uniform and a mask. That kid immediately went after one of the robbers and bashed his head on the counter a couple of times and threw him in the window effortlessly. 

"Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives." another boy said, running in the middle of the lobby, throwing knives straight ahead which magically turned in a different direction to hit another robber.

The man who shot his men freaked out and jumped from the counter, away from the kids who just appeared out of nowhere.

"Get back, you freaks!" he shouted, pointing his guns to said kids who was walking towards him without any hint of  terror.

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy." said the kid who threw the knives.

"Get back now!" the man yelled, backing up.

"Come on, wouldn't want you to get hurt." the kid who just rumored the man said.

"Or what?"  another kid said behind the man after appearing literally out of thin air.

The man was shocked and  shot his gun but he was too slow because when he turned back around, the gun that he was supposed to be holding became a stapler.

The kid who appeared out of thin air said, "That's one badass stapler!"

The kid used the stapler to hit the man's head, leaving him confused on the ground.

"All of you, put your hands up if you don't want to get shot!" One of the masked robbers screamed, pointing his gun towards the direction of the little kids.

Him and another robber were teaming up, ready to gun them down.

But little do they know, there was another kid behind them.

"Now now, that isn't nice. How about we just talk about this over barbecue." the little girl said, putting her hand on the shoulder of one of the robbers.

The moment her hand made contact, the man was engulfed in jet black flames. With the shock and pain, the man threw himself on the fountain inside the bank.

The other robber stared in horror at what just happened to his mate.

"Don't like barbecue? That's too bad." the little girl sighed and turned towards the other one.

"Your turn." she smiled widely and conjured black lighting balls and threw them directly at him.

She walked away, not looking at the man who was gasping for air.

"Knock it off, Zero. No killings today." The kid who threw one of the robbers before said.

The kid, known as Zero, rolled her eyes and with a snap of her fingers, the man stayed still but sill alive.

Barely

"Stop making me look like a killer." Zero told him.

"Hey, where's Six?" The kid who rumors people asked, looking around.

"Right here!" Two kids came running towards them, both out of breath.

"What happened to you and Four?" Zero asked, going straight for Six to check up on him.

"Nothing, just kicked some ass at the entrance."  Four said, ruffling his hair.

"Six, come on. Time for work."  Knife boy, said, pointing at a room that contains the vaults of money.

"Do we really have to do this?" Six asked, getting timid .

"Come on, Ben. There's more guys in the vault." Super strength said.

"Wow, surprised Number One broke out of his superhero character and called the others by their real name." Zero teased 'Number One'.

"Shut up and just convince Ben, please." One sighed.

Zero laughed and patted Ben's shoulders.

"I'll be the one to wait for you here with a damp towel to wipe your face clean, okay?" Zero said softly.

He looked at Zero and nodded regretfully.

"I didn't sign up for this." Ben sighed and went inside the vault.

"'I'll be here to wipe your face clean, Benny.'" Knife boy teased Zero while laughing.

"Shut up, Two. I actually think it's adorable." Rumor girl said with a smile.

"Of course you would think that, Three." Two remarked with another laugh.

"Okay, you know what. Let's let the people out before you guys continue fighting." The one who appeared out of thin air a while ago interrupted.

"I was about to say that, Five." One mumbled under his breath.

"Stop fighting and let's just get this over with." Zero intercepted and went towards the employees of the bank.

"Okay, once they have opened the doors, you can all leave but in an orderly fashion, please. We don't want any unnecessary injuries from you lot."  she said with confidence.

They nodded with agreement and once One and Five opened the doors, the others assisted the employees out.

A loud scream was heard from the vault and the kids immediately rushed to where Six was.

They were met with a gory scene where splatters of blood were spread across the misty window of the vault.

Huge and thick shadows of tentacles were seen even from just the outside of the vault.

A roar of some kind of beast was heard inside until it went quiet.

Zero pulled out a black face towel and poured water on it.

A few minutes later, the door opened and it revealed Six covered in blood from head to toe.

"Can we go home now?" he said shakily.

Zero went towards him and did exactly what she said to him a while ago.

"Look at you lovebirds." Four pestered.

Six stuttered while Zero kept on trying to clean his face.

Moments later and an almost clean Six, the children went out of the bank to greet the reporters.

There were sounds of shock everywhere.

We stopped on the stairs in order.

Questions were thrown at the children who majestically saved the day.

"Who are you?"

"How did you get in the bank?"

"What happened inside?"

Six was fidgety and Zero who was beside him took notice.

"You good?" she asked, worried for him.

"Yeah. Just nervous." Six sighed but still smiling at her.

From somewhere, an old man strutted and walked towards the kid with confidence oozing from him.

Looks of recognition spread from the crowd.

It was Reginald Hargreeves. Known billionaire throughout the world.

The children fixed their stance as the man nears them.

When he reached the children, he took a look around and that's when he started to speak.

"Our world is changing. Has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary."

The children looked and smiled at each other with pride.

"I have adopted seven such children."

Zero scoffed quietly.

"I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy." 

Reginald Hargreeves presented the children to the public as they posed for the cameras.

"Mr. Hargreeves. Channel 9 News. What happened to their parents?" a female reporter asked.

"They were suitable compensated." Mr. Hargreeves answered.

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?" Another reporter asked.

"Of course. As I am for the fate of the world." he responded, his eyes exuding pride.

That was the first day of the Umbrella Academy's heyday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477K 16K 66
"𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑎 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑦, 𝑎 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡 𝑘𝑒𝑝𝑡 𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑜𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑘𝑒𝑦, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑑 𝑏𝑒...
15.1K 387 41
"A family is forever" In which where number Five and number Eight have two kids while they are stuck in the apocalypse. Or In which Hope and Aaron Ha...
1.8M 51.8K 89
October 1st, 1989 43 Women gave birth. It was unusual as None of them had been pregnant since the first day they started.. Sir Reginald Hargreeves ad...
20.6K 379 33
Following the death of her father, Mina Hargreeves returns home, reuniting with her siblings for the first time in ages. From the moment they're back...