Sauvage | Jeon Jungkook

By tjunglebook

"No private conversations in my company, Ms. Carlson," he says coldly, making me gasp silently at the accusat... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Final
Epilogue
Reflection

Forty-Three

18.4K 812 640
By tjunglebook

Today is officially the warmest day of the year and although I'm the kind of person who prefers warm weather over rainy and gray days, even though they don't often happen here, I have to admit that this weather makes it hard to breathe even for me.

It feels muggy and humid, making the summer dress stick to my skin. It's white and reflects the sun like I'm worth a squint of the eyes if you were to look at me. It's casual, but not too casual that you'd title it inappropriate for a workplace, but it's not fancy either.

The sun blasts on my head as I cross the street to the fifty-story building, leaving me feeling like my brain is about to turn into a puddle of nasty slime.

It's definitely weather meant for the beach and four scoops of ice cream that would probably melt faster than you can lick it, but it would be worth it. Sure it's easy to dream about but reality is beckoning me with a megaphone to get in front of my computer.

I also want to see the snow because the last time I experienced the white blanket I was still a kid. My parents and I would go up to the mountains a little over two hours drive from here and we would stay there for a whole weekend.

We never did that again and I don't even remember what the cold flakes felt like in the palm of my hand. It's something that has stayed in our minds as a memory of the past ever since the accident happened.

My father never drove a car after that, having developed a phobia of it. It's not something he can control and my mother obviously can't drive either. They take a cab or public transportation to places they need to go and they don't have a problem with it because the transportation here is pretty good.

I understand and respect that, although I have only suggested once so far that we could get a safe car. Dad won't let himself do that, thinking he may become the cause of a disaster again.

It wasn't his fault, the accident I mean and it's been almost two decades but the scars remain deep within them. Inside of me too and it hurts me to see how much of an impact the aftermath has had on their lives. My father does not forgive himself for what are actually the consequences of someone else's disregard for the traffic rules.

I don't even know why it makes me think of all of this all of a sudden and why I have the sudden urge to cry, but it is what it is. The memories are a constant nightmare in my head and they pop up at moments when they don't even have the right to.

I quickly erase these thoughts, making my way further to the company. When I set foot on the expensive and dark marble, the coolness of the air conditioning hits me and I feel like I can breathe properly for the first time in a long time.

Sweat drips down between my breasts and I cringe at the feeling as I stand in the elevator with three other people. I wonder how Jungkook must feel when I already consider the weather almost unbearable. I know he hates the heat because he starts sweating fast and a lot.

Just like when he does other things.

My cheeks run red as all the images of sweaty Jungkook pop into my head, finding it embarrassing that I can think so inappropriately when other people are in my presence. What if they can read minds?

Free show, I guess.

Stop.

What I forgot to mention is that I started my period this morning. That's probably why I feel ten degrees warmer and a weird tingling in my stomach that is definitely not my cramps.

It also most likely explains why I cried at breakfast yesterday morning when I found my favorite cereal was all finished. I was already running late and starving, but finding the box empty annoyed me so much that I shed tears of rage.

Periods are close to being a curse for any person with a uterus.

Anyway, I step off the elevator, leaving behind the three other people who presumably have their way further up. I head straight to the conference room, which is ready for our weekly meeting.

After we discuss anything important, everyone turns back to work. I had forgotten that the new creative director will be announced tomorrow, and I could see everyone's eager faces even during the meeting.

The next day, the entire creative team gathers because the new director will be announced soon. The conference room fills with conversation as our two CEOs are not yet present and I can hear everyone discussing it.

Megan is seated next to me, her body turned toward me and one leg thrown over the other. "I wonder who it will be?" she says to me and Lizzie, who is sitting on my other side.

"Let's bet," Lizzie suggests, clapping her hands together.

"Okay." I smile, sitting up straight and letting my eyes roam over all my colleagues. "I feel like it could either be Farrah or Megan."

"Me?" Megan retorts with a dismissive chuckle. "Don't be ridiculous. I've barely gotten any projects in the last few months."

I shrug because I can't think of anyone else who could do this job well.

"I think it will be you and I'm one hundred percent sure of it." she then says, now making me laugh. "You've worked hard, don't give me that humble attitude."

"I'm not being humble," I say matter-of-factly and self-judgmentally. "I haven't worked any harder than anyone else here."

"I agree." Lizzie nods, earning a raise of an eyebrow from Megan. She turns to me. "No offense, though." she says, "I think it will Dominic. I mean, I hope so. Maybe it'll get me closer to him. You know, because then we would have to coordinate things and stuff."

I nod in understanding. I've known for a while that Lizzie has a crush on Dominic, but he doesn't have a clue how Lizzie feels about him. She hasn't had the heart to confess it to him or ask him out on a date because she's waiting for him to do it.

I mean, sure you can wait for the other person to ask you out, but why wait when you can take matters into your own hands? After all, there are no rules about who has to ask first or who should make the first move.

If you like someone, tell them. Life is too short to waste precious time.

"If I'm right, which I'm sure I am," Megan continues, holding her index finger in the air. "I want the new eyeshadow palette that Natasha Denona recently came out with."

I giggle under my breath at Megan's unmistakable obsession with makeup. I mean, the girl is picture-perfect as is, but when she gets ready, she draws all eyes to her. Her black hair makes mine look like a broom and her dark skin shines and it's not the expensive highlighter she uses.

Our conversations are interrupted as our two CEOs enter the room. Looking good as always, Jungkook's eyes immediately find mine, and a ghost of a smile lingers at the corner of his mouth that probably no one but me can see.

He's wearing a black shirt today, no tie, and black slacks that hug his legs in all the right places. His hair is a little shorter than it was yesterday, making me think he found the time to go to the barber after all, as he intended.

"Good morning, everyone." Jimin greets and yes, I call him Jimin now because he insists on it and I have no other choice. Besides, it got a little weird calling my boyfriend's best friend mister.

I do my best not to call him by his first name when people other than Megan are around because the one time in the meeting when I almost called Jungkook by his first name, I found myself stuttering nervously.

"As you know and as Jungkook announced to you a few weeks ago, we decided to assign a second creative director. The criteria for this promotion included your achievements and of course the ability to perform this job."

Something starts to shake inside me and I don't know if it's the excitement or my breakfast this morning. This new phase is going to be a change for the whole team and I can't help but hope that Megan and I are at least in the same group.

I notice Jungkook standing in the corner listening to Jimin like everyone else in the room. He doesn't usually speak, so it's nothing that surprises me, but it's a stark contrast to the persona he is when he's with me.

Jimin continues. "Please note that neither Jungkook nor I played much of a role in this decision other than saying the final words. We assigned a special team in the company to collect your data for us and after that, nothing was open for discussion because the final result was clear."

Murmurs and amazement dissolve in the room because I don't think anyone expected to know that one of us had done so much more so that the result became indisputable.

"I am sure that the new creative director will be a very successful addition to the whole team. The new director is..." Jimin looks around the room, probably trying to increase the excitement.

He looks everyone in the eye to make it as unsuspicious as possible. Then he claps his hands as the name leaves his lips.

"Mikayla Carlson."

The clapping of others fills the room as well and I cheer for the new director too. I look around the room until I then realize that I am Mikayla Carlson.

"Huh, me?" I ask in pure shock as Megan taps me on the shoulder. I'm not trying to be down to earth just for the fun of it, but I'm genuinely surprised because I wasn't expecting it.

"Yes, please come to the front." Jimin laughs, showing the free spot next to him with his hand.

I get up from my seat and the eyes on me make my legs feel wobbly until then I stop next to Jimin. I don't know what to say or how to react as I smile comically to everyone clapping.

When the room falls silent, Jimin speaks up. "First of all, I need to know if you are accepting this offer and promotion," he says. "We don't want to burden you with something you don't want."

I clear my throat with a smile. "Uh, yeah." I nod, not really thinking about it. I know this job will bring new challenges and responsibilities, but I'm not stupid to turn it down. "Yes, I'll take it."

"Great." Jimin smiles back as my cheeks burn. "Well, congratulations then."

He extends his hand in my direction and I take it without waiting. I still can't grasp what's happening here and maybe it wouldn't go amiss if someone could pinch me to prove this isn't a dream.

"Thank you," I say before we let go.

My heart is pounding in my ears and I'm already thinking of all the new tasks I'll get to do. I will be the head of a not-so-small group in such a well-known company and I can't help but feel proud of myself and explode with emotions.

My lips quiver from the amount of smiling I present as Jungkook also walks up to me. There is something blazing in his eyes that I can't identify. He towers over me with his height as I see his hand reach out in my direction.

I take it and his warmth bounces over to me, making me feel like a ball of fire. "Congratulations, Ms. Carlson," he says, and the way he calls me holds so much more than others probably pick out.

"Thank you, Mr. Jeon," I say back, our hands coming to a stop. His thumb lingers on my skin and I only get the hint of it brushing up and down before his hand is completely gone. I swallow.

"So, now that the announcement is done you can get back to work." Jimin encourages and all the colleagues climb to their feet. "Mikayla, be sure to stop by my office on Monday so I can let you and Lizzie know your work assignments."

I nod. "Sure, Mr. Park."

"Lizzie will show you what your responsibilities are, but feel free to ask if you have any other questions."

I nod again and Jimin leaves the conference room as well. As Megan and I step out into the hallway, I look over my shoulder only to see Jungkook still in his place. He mouths see you later and it sends a tickling sensation to my stomach. I smile at him before my best friend and I round the corner.

The rest of the day passes rather quietly and normally, considering that today is Friday and most people only work a half-day before crashing into the weekend. I wonder who set the rule that weekends are only two days long because it's not enough. At least not for me.

I finish nearly every task I had put on my to-do list for today and head to the corner with the printers with a handful of papers. I need to make a copy and drop the original off at Jimin's while the copy gets mailed to the client.

I press various buttons, setting up the printer as I need it. Light appears from under the lid as the documents are scanned one by one and I wait patiently until a hand circles my waist.

"Still working, Miss Creative Director?" the hoarse voice sends a shiver down my spine. Turning around, I'm greeted with Jungkook's face just a few inches from mine.

"These documents don't mail themselves, do they, Mr. CEO?" I tease, and he tilts his head to the side.

"No, they don't," he agrees.

"And this company doesn't run itself," I add with a lift of my eyebrow that makes his tongue brush against his inner cheek.

"Ordering your boss around, I see?" he asks, looking down at me. I laugh, and that cuts the playful tension between us. "I was looking for you."

I get curious. "Why? Is there something you want me to do?"

"Yeah." he nods. "I need you to sign some papers. For your new contract as creative director," he explains and I let out a sound of understanding.

"Okay, I'll be right with you," I announce, turning back to the printer. "I just need to print out a few more pages."

"I'll wait," he says, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

I thought he was going to go back to his office and wait, but apparently, it's more entertaining for him to watch me do nothing. He crosses his feet at the ankles as we both watch the machine spit out the finished papers.

"This dress." he begins after a few minutes. "It looks good on you."

I look down at the pastel green dress I chose to wear this morning. The weather is just as warm as yesterday and since I don't want to go to jail for walking around naked on the street, this flowy summer dress was the best option.

"The color makes your eyes stand out," he adds.

"So my eyes usually look dull?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

He looks taken aback. "What, that wasn't what I said."

"But that was what you meant?" I raise my eyebrows even more, so it feels like they're about to touch my hairline.

Jungkook lets out a breath after trying to find the right words. I don't even know why I'm getting on his nerves with this now when all he did was compliment me.

"Sorry." I snort, punching him on the shoulder. He lets out another breath, this time a calmed one. "Aunt Flo came to visit yesterday. It's the mood swings."

"Aunt Flo?" he asks, confused.

"Yes. Don't be surprised if I suddenly have the urge to strangle you in the next few days," I say. "Don't take it personally, though."

Poor Jungkook is probably experiencing the biggest confusion in his life right now because his facial expression says just that. His eyes waver away from me for a second until they land back on me.

"I don't quite follow." He finally admits.

"I'm menstruating, Jungkook." I laugh, clarifying.

"Oh, okay." Jungkook scratches the back of his neck and then the edge of his eye. "Are you having cramps? Cravings?"

"Not at the moment." I turn back to the printer and place the papers back in a pile. "But it feels like I'm giving birth to a jellyfish."

I know it's TMI, but apparently, I can't shut up. Or stop making a fool of myself.

"I should have spared you the information." I cringe when I get no response from him.

"I don't mind," he shrugs. "Periods are normal."

"It didn't gross you out, what I said?" I ask, turning to him now. He shakes his head, looking at me all sincere and earnest.

I remember when one of my ex-boyfriends used to make comments about it whenever I mentioned that I was on my period. It's not like I shared this information with him out of nowhere, but he always cringed.

I mean, it's the bare minimum to react normally to something that comes naturally and maybe my ex-boyfriend has now matured enough to not react that way when his girlfriend shares something personal with him. I'm sure he's changed because it's been years.

I sigh, "I guess I'm just a little thrown by everything that's going on. My hormones are going crazy anyway, and this promotion thing is the cherry on top."

"Are you nervous?" he asks, and I lean my hip against the printer. When I nod, he frowns. "Don't be."

"I can't help it." I press my lips into a straight line, which draws Jungkook's attention to them. He steps closer, taking my hand in his.

"I'm sure you'll do your best." he encourages, and my heart bursts into flowers. "If it gets too overwhelming, you can always come to me. Okay?"

I look up at him, his chocolate brown eyes making me forget everything. I nod. "Okay."

He smiles one of his pristine lopsided smiles. "Come on. Let's sign those papers."

____________________

When Sunday arrives my nervousness has already doubled, but it's not something I can control. It just happens, naturally. Tomorrow I will be responsible for a whole team and I don't even know which colleagues that team will consist of.

Oh yes, then there is the dinner that is coming up.

My parents were ecstatic when I called them after work on Friday to tell them the news that I had been promoted to creative director. They said they were proud of me and that they had known I was their hard-working daughter.

I invited them to have dinner with me so we could celebrate the news together and because I haven't had them over in a long time. I don't know where the idea came from all of a sudden - it was rather spontaneous than planned - but before I realized the words left my lips about wanting to introduce someone to them, among other things.

Jungkook reacted quite normally, even offering that we could have dinner at his house and he could ask his maid to take care of the food because he knows how antsy I can get when it comes down to such things.

I ended up declining his offer with gratitude, saying my parents would feel more comfortable if we had the first meeting at my apartment. Not that my parents need the first meeting because that was months ago.

It's actually something that makes me feel more at ease because I can skip the weird stage of introductions. After all, they already know Jungkook. They also don't have to ask him any questions - which they will do anyway, as I know them.

Jungkook brings the last side dish and places it in the middle of the dining table while I look at the silverware from all sides. Should I get a ruler to measure it accurately?

I don't know what I'm saying.

Jungkook walks around the table and presses me against his side, which wipes away some of my jitteriness for which I'm appreciative. I'm sure my parents will be happy for me because Jungkook makes me beyond happy.

His support is usually soft-spoken and in the form of reassuring eye contact or a little touch, but it means more than words ever could. Sometimes we are the exact opposite, but it fascinates me how much we complete each other.

The doorbell rings, taking us out of our little cloud of comfort. I smile up at him and he smiles back before I make my way to let my parents in. I offered to pick them up, but they said they'll be fine.

"Mom, dad!" I greet after swinging open the door.

Both of them are smiling big and my dad has a bouquet of dahlias in his hand. My mom's arm is tangled with my dad's, her black hair falling over her shoulders, which she often keeps in a ponytail because it's easier.

"Hi, honey." Dad greets back, holding out the flowers in my direction.

I let them in after giving them a hug and close the door behind them. They comment about the delicious smells coming from the kitchen before I lead them further into the living room, but Jungkook appears in the doorway and that makes my dad stop.

"No way!" he gasps, his eyes darting to me. "He's your boyfriend?!"

"What, why?" my mother jumps in. "Who is it?"

"Wow, I wouldn't have guessed." dad seems taken aback. "I must have been blind not to see it. No offense, honey."

"I'm going to kick you in the shins, Isaac! Tell me!" Mom looks futilely around the room, focusing on no one in particular as she waits for us to break the news to her.

"Mom, I want to introduce my boyfriend to you. Well, not introduce, because you already know him." I start babbling until Jungkook's hand circles around mine unnoticed. When I look up at him, he's already looking down at me. "Meet my boyfriend."

And I forget all my unnecessary worries as Jungkook's soft voice echoes in my ears.

"Good evening, Mrs. Carlson."

___________________

A/N: can someone explain why the blood flow on your second day feels like the Niagara falls 🙃🙃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.2K 4.6K 29
jeon jungkook have everything... being the CEO of multinational company... having his name enlisted into one of the richest man in Korea.. but stil...
345K 11.3K 49
Where two idiots doesn't know what relationship they have....! But still doesn't even bother to search for the answer.!! JEON JUNGKOOK The powerful C...
9.7K 581 29
"Cute little dress," he muttered. "Looks good on your hot body. Looks better on the floor." y/n needs to pay the bills and she has no way how. jung...
187K 14.4K 37
"I don't share," he growled right into my ear, his heavy breath hitting the base of my throat. "I'm not yours." I hissed back. He stepped closer, a s...