ALTERNATE UNIVERSE ONE SHOTS

By writes_danica

Consist of different pairs in their alternate universe. With some genres being romance or tragic. Some are al... More

On Past, Jealousy, and Alcohol
Deaths and Birthdays
The 7th of February
Queen Of My Heart
If Ever You're In My Arms Again
A Trip To Remember
She Used To Be Mine
Traitor
Promise
Crashed
Haven
Someone Like You
Exchange of Hearts
Best Part
More Than Just The Two Of Us
Happily Ever After
To Love You More
Stuck With You
Heartbeat
How Do I Say Goodbye
Rewrite The Stars
Midnight Rain Strangers
Perfect
Wish Granted
The Sound of Goodbye
Can't Help Falling In Love With You
From Here To Eternity

A New Chapter

262 8 2
By writes_danica

A NEW CHAPTER(The 7th Day of February Finale Part)

A CAMBIO×EMMA AU

A week after their vacation, Camila and Fabio arranged a simple civil wedding for the two of them. Before the wedding, Camila decided to totally drop the Dela Torre name and changed her name into Camila Alba Almeida.

She's dropping the surname that brought tragedy into her life as a sign of totally moving on from the past.

They kept the wedding private for Camila's safety. She might have changed her name but someone might still have recognized her. The wedding was attended by their most trusted people and Emma who acted as witnesses to their wedding.

"Do you, Fabio Serrano, take Camila Almeida as your lawfully wedded wife?" The official asked Fabio.

"I do," Fabio smiled while looking at his bride.

"Do you, Camila Almeida, take Fabio Serrano as your lawfully wedded husband?" The official asked Camila next.

"I do," Camila answered her grip at Fabio's hand tightened.

"The rings, please." The official ordered and Emma handed the Welsh gold bands encrusted with white diamonds.

"You may now say your vows."

Camila went on first and took the broader ring.

"I, Camila, take you Fabio, to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live."

Camila the slid the ring onto Fabio's ring finger.

Fabio then took the other ring and let out his promise of love.

"I, Fabio, take you, Camila, to be my friend, my lover, the mother of my children and my wife. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity."

Fabio slid the ring to Camila's ring finger and Camila can't help but to shed a few tears.

"You may now kiss the bride." The official happily announced.

Fabio pulled Camila closer to him before Camila tiptoe a bit to kiss Fabio. Fabio immediately deepened the kiss and even slid his tongue inside. Camila returned the same intensity and the two were dueling with there tongues until the ran out of breath. They eventually let go of each other's mouth with both of their faces red.

"I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Serrano!" The official clapped and everyone cheered on the newlyweds.

"I love you, mahal."

"I love you too, mahal."

And they shared a quick kiss once again resulting in a squealing Emma out of giddiness.

They just prepared a simple dinner reception after their wedding. They held it at Camila's favorite restaurant and Fabio book the entire place just for them. After the reception, the Serrano family went home together.

Of course the newlyweds didn't fail to consummate their marriage on their first night.

"Ma, Pa, are you sleeping na ba?" Emma asked outside their room.

Emma raised her hand to knock on the door but withdrew when she heard the noises inside her parents room.

There moans and grunts, and Emma could totally guessed what was happening inside so she just shook her head.

"Someone's excited." Emma joked before she retreated back to her room.

"Well a little sibling would be nice." Emma thought as she changed into her pajamas before going to sleep.

"Are you really sure, Emma? Ayaw mo talagang sumama sa amin?" Fabio asked their daughter.

They were leaving for their honeymoon.

"Pa, it's your honeymoon. I don't want to interrupt you and Mama doing the deed." Emma joked on the last part.

"Emma!" Camila exclaimed in embarrassment.

"What? I'm not lying naman Mama." Emma laughed at her parents reaction.

That's the point, Emma. Camila thought in her head.

"Basta uwian niyo ako ng baby sibling ah." Emma laughed even more.

"Emma!" Camila exclaimed again.

"What?" Emma can't stop laughing at her mother's reaction. "I want a playmate na kaya. It's been years, Mama. I want to be an Ate."

"Susubukan ko anak pero I can't promise ah." Fabio snickered.

"Mahal! Ano ba!"

The family just laughed together before Emma bid goodbye to her parents.

The newlyweds spent their honeymoon in Macau for a week. They spent the week touring around Macau and also consummating their marriage in every chance that they got.

When March came, Emma became busy with her school as she's studying for her finals as a graduating senior high student. Also her duties as a council president even made her busier. She spent the days staying all night long to study.

She's a candidate for Valedictorian so she can't slack off. She wants to make her parents very proud of her.

"Mama?!" Emma asked in shocked when Camila picked her up from school.

"Gulat na gulat ka naman dyan, Emma." Camila laughed.

"Last day of school mo diba? Tara let's have lunch together." Camila smiled and Emma immediately hugged her mother.

"Mama will treat you. You're been working so hard." Camila said as she hugged her daughter back.

They boarded Camila's car and went on to have a lunch together before going around the whole afternoon.

"Mama! Papa!" Emma shouted so loud as she ran along their mansion looking for her parents with something in her hand.

She found her parents in their office. She was shocked that she didn't find them in a very compromising position but that's the least of her worries now.

"Emma, bakit anong meron?" Fabio asked when Emma bursted in their office.

"Ang lakas lakas ng sigaw mo, Emma may problema ba?" Camila asked.

"Here oh!" Emma excitedly handed the envelope to her parents.

"Oh what's this?" Fabio asked as he received the envelope.

"From your school?" Camila asked and Emma nodded.

"Just open it."

Fabio then opened the envelope so that they could read its contents.

Hampshire International Academy

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Serrano,

Greetings!

It is our pleasure to inform you that your child Emma Sharon A. Serrano is one of our Academic Awardees for this academic year and a candidate for graduation of the senior high school department.

Further, we would like to congratulate you as your child is a recipient of the following award/s:

Academic Excellence Award: WITH HIGHEST HONORS
Subject Excellence Award in Principles of Marketing
Subject Excellence Award in Fundamentals of Accountancy, Business, and Management 2
Subject Excellence Award in Business Finance
Subject Excellence Award in Entrepreneurship
Subject Excellence Award in Research
Subject Excellence Award in Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
Subject Excellence Award in Applied Economics
Leadership Awardee

It is also our pleasure to inform you that your daughter, would lead the graduating batch as the batch Valedictorian. She would be delivering a valedictory address to all the graduates.

Congratulations and we would like to thank you for your continuous support as we celebrate the achievement of your child this academic year.

Hampshire International Academy

"Congratulations, Emma!" Camila stood up from her seat to hugged her daughter.

"I'm so so proud of you, anak!" Camila exclaimed.

"Thank you, Mama." Emma smiled back.

"Proud na proud kami sayo, 'nak." Fabio beamed with pride as he hugged his daughter.

"Anong gusto mong graduation gift, 'nak?" Camila asked and Emma decided to be playful.

"A baby brother would do, Mama. Kahit 9 months late ang graduation gift." Emma laughed.

"Hmmmm, sure ka ba dyan 'nak?" Fabio asked teasingly.

"Yes, Papa. Tagal ko nang only child eh. Want ko na ng kapatid." Emma pouted.

"Grabe 'nak ah, nung February mo pa hinihiling yan ah." Camila laughed at her daughter's silliness.

Camila then turned serious when she remembered something.

"Saan ka naman magcocollege 'nak?"

"I passed the entrance exams here and also abroad, Ma."

She just received the results of her admission test from the top universities in the country she applied to. Universities abroad also accepted her.

"I'm leaning on taking my studies abroad, okay lang po ba?" Emma asked.

Back then, Camila didn't let Emma went out of her sight that she wasn't allowed to anywhere alone or somewhere far. Even sleep overs were not allowed. If her mother doesn't want her to study abroad, she'll obey her and will just stay here to study.

"Emma, 'nak, kahit saan ka pa magcollege, okay lang sa akin basta masaya ka." Camila answered.

"We know naman Emma na you're independent enough to live on your own if you study abroad." Fabio added.

"Thank you, Mama, Papa." Emma smiled widely and give her parents both a hug.

"I'll go at INSEAD Singapore, Mama."

"A business school? Why?" Camila asked.

She was expecting that Emma will go to a music school and study music.

"Of course to learn more on how I can handle our business in the future." Emma beamed.

"Akala ko ba ayaw mo nang business?" Fabio asked.

"Dati yun, 'Pa." Emma shook her head. "I learned to love business na rin. Plus I want to expand the family business maybe in the future."

"A future lady boss." Fabio chuckled and they laughed too.

"Hi, Mama!" Emma excitedly shouted when she entered her mother's office.

"Oh, 'nak." Camila said in suprised and went to hugged her. "Nagulat naman ako sayo."

"May problema ba sa preparations, 'nak?" Camila immediately asked and rubbed Emma's back.

"No, Mama. Everything's fine with the preparation." Emma shooked her head and smiled. "In fact we were ahead of schedule na nga po eh.

"I just want to visit you here sa office niyo. Are feeling better na po ba?"

Camila wasn't feel well this past few days that it worries the young lady.

Emma will always be her sweetest daughter.

"Okay na si Mama." Camila smiled. "Wag ka nang mag-aalala sa akin 'nak."

"Mama, anong oras ka po uuwi?" Emma asked.

"Mga 7pm pa 'nak. Bakit?" Camila returned the question.

"Sabay na po tayong umuwi, ah." Emma requested.

"Ayun lang naman pala 'nak." Camila chuckled and ruffled Emma's hair.

"Sige na bumalik ka na doon, baka hinahanap ka na." Camila jokingly tickled Emma on her side.

Emma laughes as she leaves her mother's office to continue with the Senior's Ball preparations.

And of course the event was a successful one.

"Serrano, Emma Sharon Almeida" The emcee called and the hall erupted in applause.

Camila and Fabio stood up and clapped even more as Emma receives her diploma.

Camila insisted on coming to her daughter's graduation. It might compromise her safety but she wanted to be with her daughter in her achievement. Emma took a bow before leaving the stage.

After the distribution of diploma, the couple stood up to join Emma in line as they wait for the awarding for the academic awardees. Emma's smile grew wider when she was joined by her parents. Emma beautifully donned in a dark green and silver graduation toga while her parents are in matching formal white attires.

"Your batch Valedictorian, Emma Sharon A. Serrano!"

The emcee announced and Emma went up the stage woth her parents. Emma shook hands with the school officials as the emcee announced Emma's awards. The principal handed to her parents the medals and they happily put in on Emma. They were all smiles as the photographer took their photos. Fabio and Camila went back to seats as Emma's goes back to hers.

"For her valedictory address, let's welcome back on stage Hampshire's outgoing student council president and batch Valedictorian, Ms. Emma Sharon A. Serrano."

Emma stood up from her seat as the hall applauded in cheers and claps. Of course, Camila and Fabio were the loudest in cheering for their daughter. As Emma was behind the podium already, she was nervous but she looks over at her parents who gave her an encouraging smile that she calmed down and let out a sigh before speaking.

"Well, we did it. I am deeply honored to be speaking in front of you and addressing the whole batch of Hampshire for one last time as the class Valedictorian." Emma started speaking with a smile on her face.

The medals she was wearing are proudly hangs in her neck as speaks.

"We all accomplished one of the major early milestones of our lives: high school graduation. This is a major step in the journey of our lives, one that should be recognized for its immense significance. It is an act not only of personal commitment, but also one of pride. We all worked hard to get to this day, and our work did not go to waste. A high school diploma is a wonderful tool in this world, one that opens many doors of opportunity for anyone who is lucky enough to have one."

"Before I continue my speech, I would to thank everyone who is been with me for the last six years in this institution whom once served as a second home for me. To my ever dedicated junior high co-officers, some who are not here anymore as they spent senior high somewhere else and to my outgoing co-senior high officers, whom made my duties and responsibilities as their president more manageable and enjoyable. I could not ask for a better office than you guy, thank you. To every teacher that had thought me what I know now, thank you. Because if not for you I would not be standing in front here today."

"Lastly to my supportive and loving parents, Ma, Pa, thank you. Thank you for all the love and support you had given me ever since from day 1. Without the two of you, I don't know where would I have ended up. Yes, you may have shortcomings sometimes but your efforts you two do to make it up were more than those shortcomings. I apologize for the shortcomings I had as your daughter. All of my achievements today, I dedicate them to the both of you. I am proud to be called your daughter and I am honored to call you my parents. I love you both to the moon and back, and I will make the two of you proud." Emma teared up a little bit as she speaks.

Camila was also emotional hearing her daughter's speech. She had shortcomings as her mother for years but hearing that Emma still dedicated everything to them, it warms her heart. She promise to make up for all of those shortcomings.

"Mahal, umiiyak ka na." Fabio whispered as she dried Camila's tears with a handkerchief.

"I'm just proud at our daughter, mahal." Camila answered and took the handkerchief from Fabio to wipe her tears.

They continued listening to Emma's speech. Emma continued with her speech talking about how graduation is and everyone just listened to her.

"From this day forward, let us make each decision with our best interests in mind. Let us believe in ourselves so that we may reach our goals and fulfill our dreams. Let us be the best that we can be so that we may fill our lives and the lives of those closest to us with happiness and with pride. We've already taken the first step by making it to this ceremony today-now, it's time to take the next steps in the journey that is our lives and begin to build our futures."

"Congratulations to the Accountancy and Business Management strand batch Alpas!" Emma concluded her speech and everyone applaud to her words.

She went down the stage and went back to her seat. There were few more things that happened before the commencement exercises finally ended. Emma immediately went to look for her parents.

"Congratulations our valedictorian!" Fabio greeted as he handed Emma a boquet of flowers.

"Thank you for this, Papa." Emma smiled and received the flowers.

"Ikaw ah, pinaiyak mo kami sa speech mo." Fabio laughed and Camila just playfully hit his side.

"Mahal naman." Fabio complained.

"Alam kong gustong gusto mo yung abs ko. Pero hindi mo nako kailangan hampasin diyan. Papahawak ko naman sayo eh." Fabio joked and Camila just hit him more.

"Ang hangin mo, mahal. Sa tagiliran kita hinampas wag kang ano." Camila rolled her eyes at him.

"Tara na nga, Emma." Camila called her daughter. "We'll celebrate pa."

Emma just laughed and followed her mother. Fabio followed them a short while after. They took Emma to her favorite restaurant to have lunch. Camila wanted to throw a graduation party for her but Emma refused. She rather celebrate with them than to throw a lavish party.

"Nabusog ka ba, 'nak?" Fabio asked her daughter as they enter their home.

"Yes, Papa." Emma answered.

She wasn't wearing her graduation toga now. She is now wearing an abobe the knee long sleeve satin dress in white to match her parents. Her medals are still around her head. It was starting to strain her neck.

Camila went to sit on the long sofa and took a box underneath the glass table that was in front of her.

"Emma, halika ka rito." Camila called her daughter.

Emma immediately obliged and went.

"Here ang graduation gift namin sayo ng Papa mo." Camila said handed her the box.

"Ma, what's this?" Emma asked she accepted the box.

It was medium sized box and Emma has no idea what's inside.

"If this is a car key, Ma, I'm telling you I don't need a new car. I can still use my Land Cruiser pa naman."

"Just open it, 'nak." Fabio said and Emma followed.

The content of the box shocked Emma to the core.

"Is this for real?!" Emma asked in shock and happiness.

It was a copy Camila's sonogram inside the box. She is going to be a big sister already.

"Yes, it's real, Ate Emma." Fabio answered her daughter.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Emma started running and jumping around the living room.

"Tuwang tuwa ka masyado 'nak, ah." Camila teased her daughter.

"Best graduation gift!" Emma exclaimed before running to Camila's side to hug her.

"I'll be an Ate na. Wow!" Emma said as she put her hand on her mother's stomach.

"Since ayan talaga ang gusto mo for graduation. Hinintay talaga namin ng Mama mo ang graduation mo." Fabio laughed at his daughter.

"So that's why you're always sick in the past few weeks." Emma said when she had calmed down.

"I'm not leaving for Singapore nalang pala, Ma." Emma added.

"Emma, no, tutuloy ka sa Singapore." Camila immediately disagree.

"I want to take care of you and my baby sibling." Emma pouted.

"No need for that Emma, kaya na ito ni Mama." Camila answered and pinched Emma's cheeks.

"Ihhh Mama, I want to spend time with my sibling din."

"Uuwi ka naman dito during vacation mo and don't worry after 4 years andito ka na ulit and you can spoil na yung kapatid mo by that time."

"Well you have a point naman, Mama."

"Sabi sayo 'nak, laging tama ang Mama mo." Fabio chuckled and the family shared a hearty laugh together.

For the rest of Emma's school vacation, she decided to spend time with her mother in the casino to help her around. It's also a way to learn on how the casino works and how she can managed it in the future.

"Magiingat ka doon, 'nak." Camila told her daughter as she bids goodbye.

Emma's flying to Singapore today for her college studies. The family is currently at the departure area right now and Camila's bump is also quite obvious now.

"Yes po Mama. Magiingat ka rin po. Kayo ni baby." Emma replied and hugged her mother.

"Opo Ate Emma." Camila jokingly replied.

"Pa, goodluck sayo ah. Wierd pa naman cravings ni Mama." Emma laughed at she hugged her father.

"Ikaw talaga Emma kahit kelan." Fabio laughed as she hugged back his daughter.

When it's time to leave, Emma went inside the airport alone. Of course as she study in Singapore she constantly called her parents to ask them on how their day was and catch up with them. Lucky for her, her semestral break also happens to fall on Camila's due month so she'll be able to go home to meet her sibling. Emma went on to excell for her first semester in INSEAD.

"Pa? Napatawag po kayo." Emma said when she answered her phone.

"Pwede ka na bang umuwi ngayon?" Fabio asked on the other line.

"My schedule Pa is sa makalawa pa. Bakit may nangyari po ba?" Emma worriedly asked.

"Naglalabor na ang Mama mo, 'nak."

"Oh My God!" Emma exclaimed.

"Sige, sige, Pa. I'll try to reschedule my flight now." Emma added.

"Excited masyado kasi kapatid mo eh."

"Oo nga, Pa eh." Emma laughed. "Maghahanda palang ako ng gamit ko eh."

"Sige na anak, babalikan ko pa ang Mama mo." Fabio said.

"I love you, Pa." Emma replied before dropping the call.

She went on to excitedly prepare her things and went to rebook her flight. Unfortunately the only flight available was until next day. Emma had no choice but to wait another day before she could go home.

When Emma arrived back in the country she let her father know but she insisted to let the family driver fetch her since no on will look after her mother. The family driver immediately brought Emma to the hospital where Camila and her newborn sibling is staying.

"Mama!" Emma exclaimed as she hugged her mother. "How are you feeling po."

"Here medyo sore pa rin but overall okay lang ako." Camila answered as she rubbed her daughter's back.

"How's your flight? Akala ko bukas ka pa darating."

"Okay lang naman, Ma. Dapat nga kahapon pa ako nandito kaso walang available na flight." Emma pouted.

A nurse then went inside togehter with a bassinet. Following her behind was Fabio.

"Awwww so cute naman baby." Emma gushed over her sibling when the nurse left.

"What will be his name, Mama?" Emma as she carefully carried her newborn baby brother.

"I said wait for Ate Emma, excited ka naman masyado baby brother." Emma joked as she looked at her sleeping sibling.

"Favio Elliot." Camila answered with a smile.

"Oh hi there, baby Eli, it's me Ate Emma." Emma giggled when Elliot suddenly smiled in his sleep.

"He looks very much like Papa." Emma noticed when he put Elliot back in his bassinet.

"Sabi ko sayo, mahal. Mini me ko talaga si Eli." Fabio laughed.

"Mini me mo pala." Camila smirked. "Sige ikaw ang mag-aalaga sa gabi."

"Mahal naman!" Fabio whined and Emma just shook her head.

"Oh, akala ko ba ready ka Papa? Why are you complaining?" Emma chimed in and laughed a little.

"Pati ba naman ikaw, 'nak?" Fabio asked her.

"Mag-ina nga kayo, parehas niyo akong binubully." Fabio added.

"Mama, payag ka niyan?" Emma teased her father more. "Bully ka raw sabi ni Papa."

"Hmmm," Camila hummed as she put a finger in her chin like she was thinking.

"How about patulugin natin sa sofa ang Papa mo, Emma?" Camila teasingly asked her daughter.

"Mahal!" Fabio complained more.

"Not the sofa, please."

"I guess that's a good idea Mama." Emma nodded. "A week would do."

"Mahal sorry na, hindi ka na po bully." Fabio pleaded at his wife.

That made Camila and Emma roared with laughter.

"Ang rupok masyado, Pa." Camila teased. "Sofa pala katapat mo eh."

Suddenly Elliot started crying probably from their noises and Fabio immediately picked up his son.

"Akin na nga yang bunso natin." Camila said and adjusted herself.

Fabio immediately passed Elliot to Camila and she carefully carried her son before slightly rocking him back to sleep.

"Sorry baby Eli." Camila whispered. "We were just teasing your Papa."

Elliot seemed to understand Camila's words and stopped crying. He seemed to let out a small laughed that melted everyone's heart. In a few minutes, Elliot was back in his slumber.

"I love you, Eli." Camila said and kissed the Elliot's forehead.
"Eh? Where's my I love you?" Emma jokingly complained.

"Emma, ate ka na nga, pa baby ka pa rin." Fabio teased her daughter.

"Heh!" Emma replied and crossed her arms.

"Ito namang si Ate selos agad." Camila chuckled at her daughter. "Halika nga rito."

Emma immediately obliged and went beside Camila.

"I love you too, Ate Emma." Camila said and gave Emma a side hug.

Camila's life now is perfect.

She have a family that loves her and she loves them too with all her heart. A very loving daughter, Emma, their new bundle of joy, Eli, and her very passionate and loving husband, Fabio. Everything is perfect now for Camila.

She's glad that she gave love a new chance and gave her a new chapter to live on.

A new chapter that the Serrano family of four is starting.

A new chapter full of love and warmth.

END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Sarkaar By eira

General Fiction

64K 4.3K 28
The book contain painful and horrifying visual in book read at your risk This my first time story based on india in 1970s. This story deal with the...
269K 19.6K 23
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.5M 38.3K 75
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...
75K 3.7K 47
A girl got isekaid into her favourite webtoon called Lookism.She tries to help her favourite characters by disgusing herself as a guy so she can figh...