A Love Like Ours (Chris Evans...

By 4everreading91

A great love story starts from a spilled cup of coffee. You were just trying to enjoy sometime alone when be... More

Author's Note
Chapter One - How You Meet
Chapter Two - The House
Chapter 3 The Evans Brothers
Chapter 4 -Movie Night
Chapter 5- In the Morning
Chapter 6- Playing Games
Chapter 7- Getting to Know You
Chapter 8-Fun Times
Chapter 9- New Year's Eve
Chapter 10- New Years Day
Chapter 11- Going Home
Chapter 12- Having Feelings
Chapter 13- So this is Love
Chapter 14- Summer is Magical
Chapter 15- Saying Goodbyes are Never Easy
Chapter 17- Can't Stay Apart
Chapter 18- It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.
Chapter 19- Ring the Bells
Chapter 20 "My Lonely Days are Over"
Chapter 21- Home is with you
Chapter 22: Being Near You
Author's Note
Chapter 23: Checking the List
Chapter 24: Oh Baby!

Chapter 16- I'll be Yours Forever

490 16 1
By 4everreading91

The next couple of weeks you tried to stay as busy as possible. Anytime down time would cause you to become heartsick. How could a man do that to you? You are strong independent woman who didn't need a man... right?

"Y/N....Y/N....Y/N!"
"Huh I'm sorry"
"I asked you a question where do you want the bookcase?"
"Oh, sorry over by the window"
"Where is your brain today?"
Your best friend had taken a day off from work to help you set up your classroom. You wanted to make sure everything was done before Chris came the next week.

"I'm sorry just a lot on my mind"
"Is it a certain tall, blue-eyed hunk?"
As if he knew you were talking about him, your phone started ringing.
"We'll speak of the devil... I'm going to get some lunch for us I'll be back." She quickly grabbed her bag and gave you a wink as she headed out the door.

Seeing his face on your phone made you smile from ear to ear
"Hey there good lookin... did you know I was thinking of you and that's why you called?"
"Well... when are you not thinking of me?" You could practically 'hear' the smirk in his voice.

"You are something else... but I still love you no matter what Scott says about you! What's up?"
"I don't even want to know... well I called to ask if you have seen the tabloids recently?"
"No.... Never really have paid attention to that stuff"
"Ok... well... I'm letting you know there are some pictures floating around of you and Scott and maybe one of me and you probably from Europe .... You can't really tell it's you and I would like to keep it that way ...anyways... it should eventually die down... it usually does."

"Oh.. wow... I mean I knew pictures could come out but... what do you want to do?"
"Well.... Like I've said my private life is mine and I get to choose what I want to share... I want to keep you away from prying eyes... you have a life and a job... you don't want the extra headache it causes.... I know it means we can do too much out in public, but I want to respect your privacy"

Your heart was beating faster at every word. He truly cared about you.
"You know if I didn't know it already... I would say you love me.."
"It's because I love you I want you to feel protected.... You mean sooo much to me... that's why next week we are going to a very secluded place.... I just want to make you aware of what's going on... I have a meeting to get to.... I love you...bubble butt!"

"Bubble butt? Really? I mean I know I have one but seriously?"
"Ehh you're right... it needs to flow...something that fits you... I will find one! But...I do like your butt!"
"Oh my dear man, I know you do! You better go before your late.... Love you!"
"Ok... love you!"

The rest of the week went too slow for you. There was a lot to do and get ready for, but your greatest concern was Chris. He had a lot on his plate and dealing with any kind of rumors was something he didn't need You did see the tabloids he was talking about, but it was hard to tell it was you. The magazine article intrigued you

Pictures have recently come out showing a mystery woman around Chris and Scott Evans while in Europe. Her face isn't clear, but she seems to be very friendly with the brothers. Could Captain America finally be off the market? When asked for a comment, it was noted as "he is just living his best life". It should be noted the actor has had many ties to famous women over the years and this could be a random hook up. Only time will tell.

The article didn't seem that bad, there was always someone trying to get the next piece of juicy gossip. Hollywood actors' lives were always on display. Chris had told you this could happen more than once and it will go away when another story becomes important.

It was finally time to pick Chris up from the airport and almost couldn't contain your excitement. Spending a few days with him is something you both needed.  

You waited impatiently in the airport garage, staring at the stairs, willing him to come up. As soon as you saw his hat you went running. When he heard your steps, his head jerked to see you running full force at him.

When Your bodies connected, he almost fell over. He quickly regained his footing
"Miss me much?"
"Oh Chris if you only knew... now kiss me!"
"Yes ma'am!"

Chris dropped his bags to cup your face. He brushes your lips with his thumb before reaching down to kiss. It had started off sweet, but his hands started roaming up your back causing you to give a slight moan. 
You pull back blinking a few times
"As much as I would like this to keep going... we should really should get in the car and leave"

Chris nods in agreement and picks up his bags. His hand reaches around your waist to your hip, pulling you in as you make your way to the car.

The little getaway Chris planned was couple hours away. Getting to spend alone time with him was like winning the lottery. With both of your schedules, it would be a while before you would see each other.

Chris had booked cabin deep in the woods. You were taken back by the majestic surroundings that you almost ran the car off the road. As you step out of the car, you could feel coolness from the trees. The cabin was a step back in time. You snap a picture and send it to Scott

You: Your brother knows how to pick them!
Peeping Scott: Hey! Don't give him all the credit! I helped him... he would be lost without me!
You: ok ok ok... thank you! 😘

Chris comes up behind you and wraps his arms around you and picks you up bridal style, causing you to give a little yelp.
"Chris what are you doing?!"
"Carrying you in... don't complain woman!" He gives your cheek a peck.

You put your hands around his neck and look into his intoxicating eyes
"I won't as long as you keep kissing me" you pull his head forward for a deep kiss. He lets your tongue slid into his mouth causing a deep moan from his throat.
He pulls back with longing in his eyes
"Oh love... don't start something you can't finish"

"Well... what else do we have to do?" You give him a half grin. Chris looks at you for brief moment before making a bee line to the cabin making you
giggle. The luggage would have to wait.

Sometime later while curled up in blanket on the couch you were looking out the window , just thinking.
What did I do to get this life... I never would've imagine this is the turn my life would take. 
Not even noticing Chris coming up behind you. He sat next to you wrapping his arms around you, pulling you back to sit on his lap.
"You looked peaceful.... Happy?"

"Immensely happy," you grin at him putting your head on his shoulder.
"Being with you makes me happy.. I love you to the moon and back!" You reach up and kiss his neck. " I can't imagine being with anyone else."

Chris kisses the top of your head. You sit there for a brief moment before moves you off his lap and goes in the bedroom. He comes back out with something in his hands. While sitting back down his leg starts to slightly bounce

"I know we haven't known each other long... but the connection we share is not like any other. Every time I see you or hear your voice it sends my pulse racing. I want to protect you, take care of you with every fiber of my being. You understand me and my quirks... every time I look at you I see a future. I crave you in ways where I can be next you and hold you" He gets off the couch and down on one knee making you gasp.

"This wasn't exactly the way I thought I would do this... or even when for that matter... but when you know you know....I know I want to do life with you... raise a family with... have arguments with you over not picking socks up off the floor or whatever...you are my missing piece... I deeply know you are my true love... my soulmate... I can't let you go ....Y/N  Y/M/N  L/N.... Will you marry me?"

You were stunned. It was as if air had completely left your body. Here is Chris Evans... no here is the man you loved deeply proposing to you. Just over six months ago you were a single girl going on an adventure with no thought of love. Now before you was a man that captured your heart, a man that understands you, your soulmate.

You shift to sitting on your knees, still draped in a blanket, cupping his face in your hands. You had tears in your eyes as you answered him.
"Yes, Chris... I'll do life with you... I'll marry you!"

Chris quickly stands up with arms around your middle, letting your feet dangle, as he kissed you. He slowly lets you down as he opens the box and takes out the ring.

It took you a second to realize the ring looked familiar.
"I had asked your dad to marry you and he gave me your grandmas ring. I took the setting and added to it... do you like?"

The ring was beautiful. The original ring consisted of a square cut diamond on a rose gold band. Chris had added  small diamonds slowly fanning out from the center.
"I know how much your grandma meant to you..."
"Oh Chris" tears were again forming, "it's beautiful! It's just.... prefect."

You were holding the ring as He takes your hand and snaps a picture before sliding it on, and sends it to both of your families.

He shows you the picture and some of the replies.

Chris: Wedding bells are coming!
Scotty: Yesssss! Finally! I knew it was meant to be from the very first day! 😏
Ma: oh Chris! It's beautiful... you are one lucky man 💕
Y/N Ma: oh hallelujah!
Carly: finally joining they marriage club!
Y/N dad: yes! I was beginning to wonder if it he would ever happen!
Y/N sista: Woot!!Woot!!

You couldn't help but smile at the messages. Looking up from the phone you turned and caught Chris staring at you
"You make me the happiest man alive!"

The next morning you slide out of bed when the sun hits your ring making you look down bringing a smile to your lips. You truly were a blessed woman.

You made your way quietly to the kitchen to start breakfast. Before long you had coffee in your hand and music softly playing. You were humming along when you turned around and were faced with Chris's chest. Your coffee once again spilling down your front.

Chris steps back and bends over laughing.
"Oh GAWD! Not again!"
"Christopher! I'm being to think I can't drink coffee around you!"

He reaches around you for a dish towel to help clean you up.
"Or just getting one with a lid!"
You just shake your head and laugh.

Later that day, you both decided to take a walk through the woods. His hand has intertwined in yours.
"Y/N, we need to figure out how our relationship is going to work from here on out.... I don't know how long I want to wait to get married."

"I know I've been thinking about it too... my job does not make this easy at all. We can wait a year" Chris slightly shakes his head before you continue, " or we can... get married around Christmas... the only thing is I can't just up and leave my job..."

Chris stops for a moment and turns to look at you.
"Well... it definitely would help keep everything quiet about us..." you could see the wheels turning. "Ok let's do this, we'll get married around Christmas... just close friends and family... still keeping it from the press... when school is over you move in with me... I know it's not ideal but" he runs his hand through his hair. " I don't know if I can be without you much longer than that... it was pure agony the last couple weeks without you."

"I know what you mean... let's take sometime and think about ok..." you pull him close and snuggle into his chest before finishing your walk.

Upon your return it was time to have dinner. While cooking, Chris turned on some music and "Love Me Tender" started playing.
He grabs your hand and pulls you in for a dance. Before you begin moving with him, you make sure the stove was turned down.

Wrapping your arms around his neck, you snuggled close to him, slowly swaying to the music.

Love me tender, love me sweet
Never let me go
You have made my life complete
And I love you so

Chris slowly runs his hand up and down your back.

Chorus
Love me tender, love me true
All my dreams fulfilled
For my darling I love you
And I always will

On the second verse Chris starts to sing softly along

[Verse 2]
Love me tender, love me long
Take me to your heart
For it's there that I belong
And we'll never part

[Chorus]
Love me tender, love me true
All my dreams fulfilled
For my darling I love you
And I always will

[Verse 3]
Love me tender, love me dear
Tell me you are mine
I'll be yours, through all the years
'Til the end of time

[Chorus]
Love me tender, love me true
All my dreams fulfilled
For my darling I love you
And I always will

When the song ended, Chris tips your head to look into your eyes,
"You have fulfilled all my dreams... and I will always love you"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 1.5K 50
When a tragedy devastates her family a young Lily Winters has to move to a new school in a new city in a new country thousands of miles from home. Th...
35.7K 1.3K 26
~~Complete~~ Chris meets a girl on vacation who has her own past she's trying to deal with and move on from. What happens when he starts to fall for...
162K 3.3K 26
! please do not read this story. i wrote this when i was younger, tried to edit it but i give up. it's terrible written and there are so many plot ho...
151K 6.5K 131
One drunken night in Vegas Chris got married to Mya. What started as the happiest day of their lives ended in disaster... What should have been the s...