Secrets Beneath Teenage Love:...

By SwordDasilva

This story brings the Mighty Ducks and splashes of Newsies (both owned by Disney) together. This story is se... More

Meet the Cast
Meet The Cast
Meet the Cast ( Final)
Chapter 1 | Last day of Summer
Chapter 2 | Lost in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Chapter 3 | The Cakeeater
Chapter 4 | Manhattan Connection
Chapter 5 | Journey to Eden Hall Academy
Chapter 5 | Journey to Eden Hall (Part 2)
Chapter 6 | Welcome Speeches
Chapter 7 | Class Schedules
Chapter 8 | The Enforcers
Chapter 9 | Thank God for Lunch
Chapter 10 | Parents and Pollo Guisado
Chapter 11 | Heavy Hearts
Chapter 11 | Heavy Hearts (Part 2)
Chapter 11 | Heavy Hearts (Part 3)
Chapter 12 | Broken Hearts
Chapter 13 | The Healing Process
Chapter 13 | The Healing Process (Part 2)
Chapter 13 | The Healing Process (Part 3)
Chapter 14 | Surprised Feelings
Chapter 15 | Hockey
Chapter 16 | Ducks fly together?
Chapter 16| Ducks Fly together? (Part 2)
Chapter 16 | Ducks Fly Together? (Part 3)
Chapter 17 | Love Triangle
Chapter 17 | Love Triangle (Part 2)
Chapter 17 | Love Triangle (Part 3)
Chapter 18 | Hard Fall at Eden Hall
Chapter 19 | Making Amends
Chapter 20 | Parents and The Enforcer
Chapter 20 | Parents and The Enforcer (Part 2)
Chapter 21 | Awkward Situations
Chapter 22 | Meeting the Newsies
Authors Note
Chapter 22 | Meeting the Newsies (Part 2)
Chapter 23 | Unexpected Events
Chapter 23 | Unexpected Events (Part 2)
Chapter 23 | Unexpected Events (Part 3)
Chapter 24 | Lies and Confessions
Chapter 25 | Leave it on the Ice
Chapter 25 | Leave it on the Ice (Part 2)
Chapter 26 | Three Strikes
Chapter 27 | The Not so Hidden Truth
Chapter 28 | Awkward Situation Part.2
Chapter 29 | Varsity vs. Ducks
Chapter 29 | Varsity Vs. Ducks: Game of Love
Chapter 29 | Varsity vs. Ducks: Wait he said what?
Chapter 30 | Explanations and Consequences
Chapter 30 | Explanations and Consequences (Part 2)
Chapter 30 | Explanation and Consequences (Part 3)
Chapter 31| First Real Date

Chapter 18 | Hard Fall at Eden Hall (Part 2)

27 4 4
By SwordDasilva

Normally at this time she would be estatic for lunch but she hadn't talked to the Ducks and the ones she had talked to knew what happened between her, Banks, and Portman. So when she walked into the cafeteria she hung her head low and walked to a mostly empty table trying to avoid them.

She glanced at Portman sitting at the Ducks table talking to Fulton and Dwayne. She then glanced at Adam Banks sitting at the varsity table talking to Scooter. She thought about how bad she had messed up for them to not talk to her at all. She missed Portman and his protective side but his sensitive side when they were alone. She missed Banks and his caring side and how he would do anything to make her happy when she was upset.

Her phone vibrates. She picks it up seeing a text from Julie.

Julie:
You okay?why are you sitting
over there?

No I thought I would just sit
alone today. I really messed
up Portman won't talk or look
at me. Neither will Banks. 💔💔
I'm surprised you're talking to me

Julie:
I don't agree with what you did. I
know if someone did that to
me I would be upset too. But
we are not perfect, all we can
do is learn and hope we don't
make the same mistakes.

I'm not just gonna stop being your
friend because of this

I really miss them.

Anastasia glances at Portman as a tear falls and her hand begins to ache again. Fulton looks up and looks between Portman and Anastasia as she looks away quickly.

Seeing them talk to other girls
really hurts. I couldn't sit at the
table and act like everything is
okay. I know this is all my fault
but it hurts.

The bell for the end of lunch ringed as students began to walk out of the cafeteria walking to their next class.

....

Three hours later classes had ended as Anastasia walked to the locker room. She begins to change into her hockey gear as the door opens. Anastasia glances at Portman as he walks past her not making eye contact. Not the time Vlanterrin stay focused. She pulls on her jersey with her number on it, Vlanterrin #20. She pulls her hair up and then slide her feet into her skates. She grabs her helmet waiting.

Once everyone is dressed Charlie leads the way to the box.

Coach Orion starts talking, I know we had our short comings this week... Anastasia and Portman's eyes connect for a split second until Portman looks back at Coach Orion. I really miss him. I wish he would just talk to me. Anastasia looks away visibly upset as the bleachers become filled with students, alumni, and parents.

The announcer begins.. it appears that everyone has came to watch the Mighty Ducks um I mean the JV Eden Hall Warriors first game against the Blake freshman bears.

.. Go team on three one, two, three, go team. The ducks responded with less enthusiasm go team.

Go team how original, Conway says rolling his eyes as he skates to the middle to take the faceoff.

Just focus on the game Charlie. Connie says.

Let's do it Charlie Fulton says.

Anastasia takes her eyes off the game against the Blake Bears looking into the bleachers. She spots her parents sitting by Charlie's mom.

Vlanterrin get out there. She hops out of the box with her stick as a defenseman. Stay focused.

The faceoff is taken by Conway who skates and passes to Monreau who fakes left passing a Blake bear and passes right to Fulton which leads to a goal. They all skate together and celebrate.

1-0

Come on act like you scored before Coach Orion yells.

Anastasia scans the crowd and sees Adam Banks wearing a red school sweater and sitting with Varsity as she position herself next to Fulton.

.....

After fifty minutes the score was 9-0.

Hey ref, why don't we end the game now so we can all make it home for Melrose, Goldberg says looking at the referee who skates by.

Another Blake Bear and Averman take the faceoff.

Averman looks at the Blake Bear it's over baby.

The referee puts down the puck and Averman gets knocked down as the Blake Bear skates towards the goal. Vlanterrin skates hard knocking the Blake Bear down as she skates around him. Her eyes catch Banks talking to the same red head with his arm around her losing her concentration.

In a split second a Blake Bear twice her size checks her hard into the boards trying to steal the puck. She loses her balance and hits the ice. She begins to see stars surround her as the referees stops the game. Germaine and Fulton help her to the bench. Someone takes off her helmet giving her room to breathe. Her teammates and coach look at her making sure her eyes stay open.

A goal for Blake Bears is made once Vlanterrin gets off the ice and Coach Orion seems frustrated.

Robertson, Portman change it. They skate hard on the ice but Blake Bears don't give up and another goal is made.

9-2.

....

40 minutes later Blake has caught up to the JV warriors. The score now reads Warriors 9 Blake Bears 8. Charlie jumps out the penalty box and begins to skate hard the puck gets passed to him from Ken Wu. Charlie begins to race down the ice to the Blake goalie and gets hooked. The puck keep soaring but misses the goal in time for a defender to make another goal for the Blake Bears.

Oh there goes the buzzer. A very disappointing tie for the Eden Hall Warriors. They open there cabin doors and let the Blake Bears climb right in. After Vlanterrin got hurt there was no coming back.

The Mighty Ducks begin to walk to the locker room.

The guy hooked me Charlie says.

We didn't need any more goals Charlie Averman says

We let down Guy Germaine responds

Connie pushes him, you let down I played hard.

Meanwhile Anastasia is being checked for a concussion at the nurse's office.

Anastasia you took quite a fall at the game. Can you tell me where you are.

I'm in the nurse's office Anastasia looks at the nurse.

The nurse hands her an ice pack to put on her head. Make sure to apply the ice pack to your head. If you feel nauseous or feel like you need to vomit tell your parents but there is a very low chance that will happen.

Anastasia slowly gets up walking to the locker room to go change. As she opens the door she sees coach walk out.

You okay Vlanterrin?

Yes I'm doing okay Coach just a slight headache.

Okay we have practice at 5am Monday have your parents call or email me if you won't be there

Okay she's goes into the locker room to change seeing the team look as miserable as she feels. She walks to her locker as Fulton walks up to her.

You okay Vlanterrin?

Yeah I guess it just hurts a little, she looks at Dean and then turns her head back to Fulton , but the nurse said I should be fine.

She changes as quick as possible, stuffing her uniform and skates in her duffel. She grabs her bookbag and duffel and heads outside to meet her parents.

Hi dad, hi mom she greets

Hi honey you okay? Her dad and mom look at her.

As good as I can feel, they all climb into the Rover.

Elizabeth looks at her daughter, what distracted you before you got hurt?

Alot has been happening at school, Adam Banks made varsity and he was there. Anastasia looks out the window.

Oh the boy that helped you get home and the one that helped you with hockey. You two seem to be getting close. Elizabeth Vlanterrin says looking at her daughter.

Id like to meet this boy that is distracting my daughter. David says while driving holding in a smile. In the middle of a hockey game in a crowd of 100 other people.

Dad I don't think it's a good idea we aren't exactly friends anymore and I would rather not talk about it.

Well we are always here if you need to talk. Elizabeth says

I know.

The rest of the car ride is practically quiet as Anastasia looks out the window. Finally, they reach their driveway Anastasia grabs her bags and follows her parents inside. She puts her hockey duffel in the foyer, takes off her shoes, and walks upstairs to do her nightly routine and go to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 274 21
"I'm supposed to be planning your wedding, Harry." She protested, avoiding my eyes. I smirked down at her. "Baby, the only thing you need to do for...
36.5K 1.1K 24
Olivia is the new girl but what happens when the principal puts her and Liam in the same locker? Will they fall for each other or will they be close...
683K 24.8K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
12.3K 113 9
The life of Cassie and Luke after marriage with two kids.