Chapter 18 | Hard Fall at Eden Hall

Time: 7:00am
Location: Anastasia's bedroom

Anastasia had started to have a bad morning after she realized yesterday happened and that today was Friday instead of Saturday. She had been dragging her feet all morning hoping she would mysteriously get sick. There was no way she was ready to see Portman or Banks or any of the other Ducks today. Unfortunately, the JV team had their first home game today.

She grabbed any clothes not looking forward to today, and not having any reason to put extra thought into her outfit. She chose to wear

Paired with dark pink and white high tops and threw her hair in a bun

Paired with dark pink and white high tops and threw her hair in a bun. She grabbed her bookbag, keys, and phone and walked down stairs.

Hi honey, you okay your mom and I heard you crying in your room last night. David looks at her daughter.

Not really, Anastasia grabs a to go cup and grabs chai tea from the fridge and pours it into the cup. Also, I have a game after school not sure how well I'll do with everything going on. You guys don't have to come to this one unless you really want to. Anastasia puts the jug back into the fridge.

It's your first game Ana I want to see my daughter play. David says

Okay well I'm going to school. She picks up all her stuff and her chai tea walking out the door and to the range Rover where Jordan is waiting.

He opens the car door.

Thanks, she climbs in and unlocks her phone.

Newsies of New York

Lion:
I'm so sorry I haven't talked to you all
in awhile. I've been busy homework,test,
hockey, love if you can call it that. No I do
not want to talk about it. How's Jack doing?

Jack:
Ise doin' fine. I'm glad youse took
me advice and youse made the team.
How's the other thing?

Mush:
What other thing?

Lion:
It was going okay until I started
having feelings for Dean Portman.
Things happen and now they gave up.
Is Racetrack okay?

King of Brooklyn:
Wes weren't soah if wese should
tell ya but Racetrack is datin' some
chick from the Bronx territory.
Thinks her name is Charm.

Mush:
Yeah she a real nice girl
Ise meet her before

Lion:
That's great he deserves a good girl.
I'm glad he found someone especially
after what happened. Just hope he
forgives me one day.
But I gotta go let's not go long without
talking again I miss you guys

Jack:
We miss you too

The car comes to a halt in front of Eden Hall. She looks outside regretting getting out of bed. She shoves her phone in her bookbag grabbing her latte.

Thanks Jordan, have a good weekend. Anastasia opens the door and gets out closing it shut.

She walks through the courtyard spotting the ducks sitting at the table. I can't go over there I'm sure they all know what happened. She walks further and sees Banks with varsity and cheerleaders around their table. Her hand begins to ache seeing Banks talk to some red head cheerleader. She rubs her hand feeling her eyes get warm as a tear begins to fall. Adam use to rub circles on my hand when I got upset. Now he's talking to that cheerleader but maybe it's nothing. She wipes her eyes before anyone can notice.

She decides to walk to her first class Freshman English. It starts to become louder as students fill the hallway going to class. She walks to class hanging her head down not saying hi to any of the passing Ducks. She enters her English class sitting down at the seat she chose at the beginning of the year.

Rrriiinnng! The warning bell goes off as Adam Banks walks in with Charlie. Charlie looks at Banks and Anastasia. Anastasia's eyes connect to Bank's blue eyes. He drops her gaze quickly shaking his head and Anastasia's heart begins to ache as her eyes become warm. She looks away as a tear rolls down her face quickly wiping it away. The sound of a dropped bag fills her ears as she sees Adam take his usual assigned seat.

Anastasia looks at Banks, I.. I'm so sorry. Her voice cracks.

Banks doesn't bother to look at her. Charlie chimes in, you messed up badly Ana, Banks doesn't want to talk to you.

Anastasia looks at Charlie then at Banks and then turn back to the front. She swallows hard wiping tears away quickly. She then makes circles on her hands and she looks out the window waiting for the bell to ring.

The bell finally rings as she takes a sip of her chai tea trying to calm down and grabs her bookbag. She slowly walks to her next class going up the stairs. Once she reaches the top of the stairs and turns the corner she sees Dean and Fulton. Anastasia walks closer and realizes Portman is speaking to some girl in close proximity. She's seen this girl multiple times and knew the girl had a crush on him. Anastasia walks up to them trying not to care.

I know you're coming to our game today right Dean's arm is on a locker as he leans closer to her looking into her eyes.

I wouldn't miss it a tall light skinned girl with curly shoulder length hair replies.

Anastasia reaches them keeping her eyes on Portman, can I talk to you?

I'm busy here. Portman harshly replies as he keeps his eyes on Vanessa.

Anastasia looks at Dean and then at Vanessa smirking.

Wipe that smirk off your face or I'll wipe it off for you Anastasia glares at Vanessa.

Excuse me Vanessa turns to Anastasia. You're just jealous I have what you want she glances at Dean.

Before you think you really have him ask him what me and him where doing in bed yesterday. Anastasia looks at Dean holding in her tears.

Okay that's enough Fulton looks at Anastasia seeing her visibly upset. He grabs her hand pulling her away as they turn the corner.

Anastasia begins to cry. I know I really messed up but seeing them with someone else hurts. I didn't realize how much I really cared until now. Adam won't talk to me and Dean won't even look at me.

Fulton hugs Anastasia I know and I'm sorry just give them time.

The late bell rings. I guess I should just go to class.