Chapter 11 | Heavy Hearts (Part 2)

Anastasia scurries toward her closet and grabs her teal suitcase and opens it in the middle of her bedroom floor. Wiping her tears she begins to place clothes, a dress, and shoes into her luggage. She then goes to her desktop and sits down as her emotions overtake her. She buries her face in her hands sobbing as she hears an incoming message from an unknown group called Define Destiny. She clicks on the group message. Through blurry vision she sees that Julie added her to a group with only Connie, Julie, and herself.

Define Destiny

xxGoaliefrenzy🏒xx:
Hey girls thought I would make a chat just for us

ConsMonreau:
Oh this was sooo needed👏

Anastasia:
Hi guys

xxGoaliefrenzy 🏒xx:
What's wrong Anastasia??
I can feel your sadness from here😞

Anastasia:
My friend Jack is in the hospital 😢
I won't be in school for a few days going to Manhattan 😞

ConsMonreau:
That's so sad I'm so sorry 💔😞we will let everyone know. Text us if you need us ok

xxGoaliefrenzy 🏒xx:
Text me anytime

Anastasia:
Okay I will I have to go now

Anastasia logged off 6:30pm

Anastasia scoops up her homework and places it in her bookbag. She gets up from her chair and goes next to her queen size bed pulling out her charger and ID and puts them in her purse. Okay I think I have everything. Bookbag, keys, phone, phone charger, wallet.

She runs to her bathroom grabbing her morning supplies and runs back to her room tossing her things into her suitcase and then zips it up. Ohhkayy, now I have everything.

Anastasia walks downstairs with her suitcase, bookbag, and purse and sees her parents waiting for her.

Hey honey, you ready? David ask.

Y.. yes, Anastasia voice cracks.

Okay, I sent you the confirmation for your flight from Minneapolis Terminal 1 gate 25 American Airlines to JFK. When you get there call us. Ms. Fortes will be waiting at the gate for you. Unfortunately, your mother and I have meetings all week that we can't cancel.

Okay thanks dad.

We should probably leave, your flight is in an hour and a half.

She kisses her mom on the cheek and hugs her as her mom hugs her back. Bye mom, Bye baby they say in unison.

I'll be back soon. David and Elizabeth share a quick kiss.

Drive carefully.
I will.

David grabs his daughter's suitcase and heads to the Range Rover as Anastasia climbs into the car. Two minutes later, they pull out of the driveway and head towards Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport.