Childhood Friends

By writingstyless

After being best friends since birth, she has to move away and leave him behind at the age of seven. They pro... More

Prologue
(1) - Big News
(2) - Charleston, North Carolina
(3) - Dinner
(4) - Crying
(5) - New School, New Friends, New Beginnings
(6) - Babysitting and Cuddling
(7) - Sleepovers and Parties
(8) - Fights and Kisses
(9.1) - Jerseys and Heartbreak
(9.2) - Anger and Confessions
(10) - Homecoming Game
(11) - Friends Again
(12) - Date Preparations
Important Authors Note

(13) - Dates Dates Dates

235 11 1
By writingstyless

"Wake up sleepy head!" I scream into Makayla's ear while hitting her in the back of the head with a pillow.

"No! Go away" she moans, digging her face into the pillow even more.

"Yes! Now come on!" I say against, pulling the blankets off of her. I get up and walk over to the window.

"Rise and shine" I say with a smile as I whip the curtains open and let the sunlight poor into the room.

"The light! It burns!" Makayla yells, shielding her eyes.

"Mak, you've gotta get up. You have a date today." With this reminder she flies out of bed and tumbles to the floor.

"Owwww" she moans while I laugh hysterically at her and her clumsiness. She stands up after a minute and gives me a dirty look.

"I will get you back for this" she grumbles, pointing her finger at my face.

"Sure you will" I say with an eye roll.

"I'm hungry, let's go get some breakfast." She says and walks out the door, leaving me standing in the middle of her room

"Ya sure, I would love to go eat breakfast with you" I say to myself in a sarcastic way and walk out of Makayla's room and down the stairs. I catch up to her just as she gets to the kitchen doorway. I reach the doorway just in time to see her walking towards the table like she is on a mission. I walk in through the door right as Makayla slaps Luka and Anakin on the back of the head and says,

"Can't you two wear shirts once in your life?"

"Nope" They both say with cheeky smiles. With a grumble and an eye roll, she walks away to go grab some food for us.

Luka shoots me a bright smile and says "mornin' sunshine". I blush and sit down at the table next to Anakin.

"Morning" Anakin mutters and kisses me on the cheek. I sit there stunned while Luka says, "OOOOOO Anakins got it bad!"

"Shut up!" Anakin hisses as him while he gives him a hard punch in the arm.I turn away from the two of them, trying to hide my burning face and start eating my breakfast. Makayla shoots me an 'I told you so' look, I ignore her and continue eating silently.

"You look absolutely stunning Mak" I say to her, standing behind her back and looking in the mirror at her.

"Thanks Mary, I couldn't have done any of this without you" she says quietly, still looking at herself in a dazed look. I picked out her outfit earlier while she was showering, did her hair and makeup and didn't let her see any of it until I brought her over to this mirror to see the finished product.

"I have no clue what I would do without you" Makayla says as she turns around.

"Don't you dare tear up missy! I am not fixing your makeup!" I scold.

"Sorry, sorry" she says, grabbing a tissue and dabbing her eye.

"You'll never need to know, I'm not going anywhere" I say to her.

"Good."

"Now, I believe it is time for your date" I say with a smile.

"I'm so nervous!" She says with a scared look on her face. "What if I mess this up, or drop food on me, what if I run into a wall!" she says with a look of horror.

"Oh just shut up and get on with it, nothing bad is gonna happen to you." With a deep breath she exclaims,

"Okay I'm ready."

"Let's go." As we make our way downstairs Makayla asks me,

"How are you getting home?"

"I'm gonna walk." I reply.

"So you'll walk me to the car?" She asks with a pleading look.

"Of course." As I am about to walk out the door behind Makayla, I hear Anakin yell "Wait!" Makayla and I stop and turn around just as Anakin runs through the foyer to the door.

"Wanna go catch a movie or something?" Anakin ask me while rubbing the back of his neck, a tell sign that he is nervous.

"Are you asking her on a date?!" Makayla screeches.

"Maybe" he mutters, looking away to try and hide his blush. Before Makayla says anything else to him I but in and say,

"I actually have a family dinner I have to go to."

"Another time then?" Anakin says hopefully.

"I'll think about it" I say with a smirk, and shut the door in his face.

"Holy crap! He asked you out! Anakin Scott actually asked you out!" Makayla screeches in an excited yet shocked voice.

"And I said I would think about it" I say back to her in a leveled tone.

"Mason! I say as I spot him getting out of his car. A beaming smile overcomes Makayla's face as she turn around and says, "Hey Mason".

"Hey" he says back, giving her a dazzling smile.

"You take care of her and get her home at a reasonable time" I say in a fatherly tone.

"Okay" he laughs as he opens the door for Makayla. He runs around to his side once Makayla is seated in the car.

"Have fun and keep your hands to yourself!" I yell to Mason.

"I will, stop your worrying!" he yells back with a laugh. I wave goodbye as they drive off, and start walking towards my house.

"So did you decide on the date yet?"

"Ahhhh!" I screech, turning around to come face to face with Anakin. "What the hell are you doing here?!" I scream at him while simultaneously throwing the shoe I had been holding at him.

"Your window was open" he says with a shrug.

"You should knock" I grumble as push past him, shoving his shoulder before walking out of my closet.

"Loving the outfit you picked out" Anakin says with a smirk, looking at the underwear and shoes I have laid out for tomorrow.

"Oh shut it" I say to him and throw the dress I have in my hands onto the pile, successfully shielding my underwear from his view.

"Wanna try the outfit on for me? I can give you my opinion" he says with a cheeky smile, raising his eyebrows in a suggestive way.

"Get out" I say to him before climbing into bed.

"No, I'm sleepy" he says, stomping his foot and pouting.

"Then go to bed!" I say exasperated.

"Okay!" he says cheerfully and runs over to my bed, diving onto the bed and missing me by and inch.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I say to him.

"Shhhh, I'm going to sleep" he whispers, nuzzling his face into my pillow and pulling the covers over his body.

"We can't sleep like this!" I whisper yell at him.

"You're right" he says to me.

"Finally" I mutter, letting out a sigh of relief. He gets up out of bed and whips off his t shirt.

"Anakin!" I yell. He turns to me and flashes me a smile and winks before pulling his pants down, leaving him in only his tight boxers.

"Oh my god!" I yell, shielding my eyes. "Put your clothing back on!"

"No. I can't sleep with clothing on" he says, pulling the covers up and hopping into bed again.

"No, no, no" I say, shaking my head. "You are not sleeping here, especially with no clothes on.

"Too bad." he says, lying down, grabbing my waist and pulling my body closer to his. "Turn around" he mutters in a sleepy voice. Knowing that he is not gonna give up, I turn my body around so that my back is to his front, reach up and turn the light off, and put my head on the pillow.

"Night" Anakin mutters, nuzzling his face into my neck and pulling me as close to him as he can get me.

"Night Anakin" I say, knowing that he can't hear me for his breathing has evened out, letting me know that he is already fast asleep. Not soon after, I drift off to sleep in his arms, wondering if this is gonna be a regular thing. In the back of my mind I dread my alarm clock in the morning, knowing that it will mean he has to let me go.

_______________________

Finally updated, YAY! I am horrible at finding time to write in between school, sports and homework XD

Really sorry to the people who read my story regularly, but school is almost over and I am gonna make it a goal of mine to write more often. Lets see how it goes . Anyways, thanks for reading. Comment, vote, tell me what you think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 30 32
This story is about a girl who had a boy as a childhood friend. This precious friendship had gone for years already. Will challenges break that frien...
577 2 38
At age 10 his best friend moved away. 7 years later they have had no contact and have not seen each other. There's so many things that have been left...
159 10 12
Nova and Tassilo were best friends since Kindergarden but that eventually all ends after Tassilo was sent to the Boarding school for rich and classy...
1.1M 31.4K 34
"Oh, do you really like me?" I asked him once again. He did something I didn't imagine him to do again. He kissed me once again, but it was only for...