A Selection Ever After

بواسطة miyaiaa

(COMPLETED) Kriss and America were the last ones left in the Selection. Kriss was sure she was going to win... المزيد

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 10.5
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilouge
Acknowledgments/Authors Note

Chapter 3

1.3K 22 3
بواسطة miyaiaa

    I wake up to the sound of my maids cleaning. I sit up, and look around my now somewhat clean room. My maids rush to my side, and I get up from my bed. I get dressed into cleaner attire, and sit in a chair next to the nightstand, and open The Little Prince, the book I brought from home. I've only picked it up a few times since arriving at the palace. I was very involved in it when I heard a knock at my door.
"Come in."
I say weakly, my attention on my book. Maxon walks in with a sympathetic look on his face, and I roll my eyes. He seemed to be genuinely confused, but he didn't question my annoyance.
"Hi, Kriss."
"Greetings, Maxon."
He hesitates before sitting next to me. I scoot a little bit away from him, and he doesn't move closer.
"So, I am forced to make a decision between you and America."
"Yes, Yes."
I say mockingly. He smiles a little and continues.
"It was a very hard decision."
"Sure it was."
I mutter, still concentrating on my book. He still is oblivious.
"Kriss, you are a wonderful person. I hope you know that. You light up my day, you're polite, and just overall awesome."
I look up for a second and smirk.
"However, all good things must come to an end."
"You're calling the Selection a 'good' thing? Well it isn't for me. I met you, which is the only good thing that came out of this crap. But am I ever going to see you again? Am I ever going to meet you again? Maxon you know I loved you, I never turned you down. Yet you still choose America, who barely listens to whatever you say, and just is so ignorant."
He now knows that I know he chose America over me.
"Maybe that's why I chose her. U don't want a girl by my side, 24/7, swooning over me, taking advantage of me, and doing whatever I say."
I roll my eyes and get off my bed, trying to keep my distance from him.
"Oh you just perfectly described me."
I say sarcastically. Maxon moves closer to me, but I back up. He tries to reach out for my shoulder but I shy away. I slide towards the entrance of the room and grip the doorknob. Look behind me, I twist it and open it, revealing the only way out. As if to confirm the universe hates me, I see a small America walking down the hall. She waves, but I ignore her.
America or Maxon.
The two people I do not want to come in contact with right now.
I turn around to see Maxon coming near me, slowly advancing like a killer. I run out, storming down the stairs barefoot and out the palace into the garden.
I have to get out of here.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

60K 707 27
What if the rebels didn't attack? What if Maxon chose Kriss? Will he marry Kriss? And will America get her happily ever after? Find out here in Maxon...
73.9K 1.3K 29
Think. All of Kiera Cass's Selection books are magical, beautiful, and so utterly and completely romantic. And all this magic, beauty, and romance...
135K 2.4K 27
With America and Maxon finally married they can start a life together, the Southern rebels have taken a break from attacking the new King and Queen o...
3.3K 65 27
This is the selection, yes, but it's where I kinda create dramatic storylines with the charactors! I have major story plans and also lots of Maxerica...