Sweet little imperfections

By lovergirl00530

Brooke Farewell is the poster child that every mother wishes to have. She is an A honor roll student, co capt... More

Character Asethetics
|| Prologue ||
|| C H A P T E R 1 ||
|| C H A P T E R 2 ||
|| C H A P T E R 3 ||
|| C H A P T E R 4 ||
|| C H A P T E R 5 ||
|| C H A P T E R 6 ||
|| C H A P T E R 7 ||
|| C H A P T E R 8 ||
|| C H A P T E R 9 ||
|| C H A P T E R 10 ||
|| C H A P T E R 11 ||
|| C H A P T E R 12 ||
|| C H A P T E R 13 ||
|| C H A P T E R 14 ||
|| C H A P T E R 15 ||
|| C H A P T E R 16 ||
|| C H A P T E R 17 ||
|| C H A P T E R 18 ||
|| C H A P T E R 19 ||
|| C H A P T E R 20 ||
|| C H A P T E R 21 ||
|| C H A P T E R 22 ||
|| C H A P T E R 23 ||
|| C H A P T E R 24 ||
|| C H A P T E R 25 ||
|| C H A P T E R 26 ||
|| C H A P T E R 27 ||
|| C H A P T E R 28 ||
|| C H A P T E R 29 ||
|| C H A P T E R 30 ||
|| C H A P T E R 31 ||
|| C H A P T E R 32 ||
|| C H A P T E R 33 ||
|| C H A P T E R 34 ||
|| C H A P T E R 35 ||
|| C H A P T E R 36 ||
|| C H A P T E R 37 ||
|| C H A P T E R 38 ||
|| C H A P T E R 39 ||
|| C H A P T E R 40 ||
|| C H A P T E R 41 ||
|| C H A P T E R 42 ||
|| C H A P T E R 43 ||
|| C H A P T E R 44 ||
|| C H A P T E R 45 ||
|| C H A P T E R 46 ||
|| C H A P T E R 47 ||
|| C H A P T E R 48 ||
|| C H A P T E R 49 ||
|| C H A P T E R 50 ||
|| C H A P T E R 51 ||
|| C H A P T E R 52 ||
|| C H A P T E R 53 ||
|| C H A P T E R 55 ||

|| C H A P T E R 54 ||

600 13 11
By lovergirl00530

"Your parents- mom in particularly- are not going to like this," Aunt Mel walked in from behind the couch and made her way around to the big circular table in the middle of the room.

The table separates the big living space into two. A reading room, and tv room all in one. My,erm, friend and I sit in the reading room since it has the more comfortable couch.

The striped print couch was ugly, and has two pillows for this very fact, trying to distract from the fact that the couch is butt ugly. I grab one of the flower printed pillows and hug it.

"I didn't know you'd be back in town this early."

"It's almost dinner time. Will your friend be joining us?"

"I'd love to," she smiles up at my aunt with an ever so charming face like we didn't just get caught making out.

"Lovely! I will let you two know when it's ready!" she turns on her heels and walks towards the kitchen.

"Rene what's wrong with you?"

"I wasn't supposed to accept a dinner invite from your aunt?" she fakes a oops expression.

I roll my eyes and stand up, "come on. Let's go to my room like we should've done in the beginning."

She stood up and follows after me, "this is the third time Ive accidentally ran into her. The introduction was bound to happen sooner or later. You've had strict parents one would think you'd be better at hiding things."

I roll my eyes at her as we walk inside my bedroom.

Rene knows just about everything about my old life. The good and the bad. She was one of the first people I met when I moved here. With her being chill and pretty easy going we hit it off pretty quickly. As we bonded our feelings for each other grew and here we are now.

A month into summer and we still don't have a label for what we are.

I sigh and grab my phone off the charger. She immediately takes a seat on my futon on the opposite wall of my bed.

"So should I be nervous? To have dinner with your aunt?"

I shake my head, "she's pretty chill. Nothing like my mom."

"Then I have nothing to worry about." she makes her self comfortable.

"Unless you do something weird like that," I looked up from my phone and she's sitting up to unzipped her pants, belt undone and everything, she head leans her back back and looks at peace.

This is what I loved so much about her.

The skin on her stomachs glowed and her long brown hair caught the shine of the sunlight. A truly beautiful sight I couldn't help but take a picture of her.

"That better not be the click of your phone taking a picture," she peaked one eye open and looked at me.

I smiled and shook my head, "of course not!" and took another picture.

"Okay that time I know you took a picture."

Giggling I make my way over to her, "you wanna see?"

She nods her head and takes my phone while I take a seat next to her.

"Someone just liked one of your picture," she hands my phone back.

I go and see who and the user surprises me. I hadn't seen any activity on her count for the last 10 months.

"It's nothing." I reassure Rene's weird attitude.

"Mhmm," she knows the history, She knows what she put me though and she's not a fan.

I pout out my lip,"you don't believe me?"

"I do."

"Okay then forget about it."

I throw my phone to the side and go to sit on her lap.

"Did I mention my aunt is vegan right now?"

She laughs, "what do you mean right now?"

I lean against her chest, "she has these things she gets obsessed with. It's always a new thing. Right now she's on a vegan kick. Next it's going to be keto meals. I've heard her begin to mention keto things."

Rene chuckles, "Is she going to cook some weird tofu dinner?"

I hid my face behind my hands, "I hope not."

-

As promised and hour later my aunt calls us downstairs for dinner.

"Smells delicious," Rene comments as we take out seats at the table.

Rene and I sit in front of each other while My aunt sits at the head in between us.

"My special vegan pasta. I don't know if Brooke told you, but I'm a vegetarian."

Rene looks at me and nods her head, "I think it was mentioned."

I mentally face palmed.

We all got a good serving of pasta with garlic bread. My aunt drank a glass of white wine while Rene and I sip on Italian cream soda (she brought back some fancy sodas from her trip).

"So, do you go to school with Brooke?"

Here comes the interrogation.

"Yes. We're actually in the same grade."

Aunty nods her head, "oh yeah? You both will be seniors this year?"

"Yes," I but in, "but Rene actually doesn't live in town. She lives 45 minutes out."

"Oh do you live in cedar villa?"

"Actually yes."

"I love the town although it is quite small. If I had found a house I like this there I would've moved there instead."

"Oh really?"

I feel left out as they continue to talk about the small town that I've only ever passed through with Rene to go to her house.

"And your parents?" I tuned back in when She asked about the parents.

"Rene's mom is a flourish and her dad owns a bug extermination company right?" I try and apply myself to the conversation.

"Yes. My dad makes enough money to support and provide for us that my mother was able to follow her passion for flowers."

"Oh I bet your house always smells just wonderful."

"It does. I can bring you a bouquet or two sometimes."

"Oh I'd love that!"

I smile at the fact Rene Won my aunt over with one conversation.

-

Dinner went great. Rene left at 10 since she had to help her mom in the morning.

I'm walking back inside from escorting her out when my aunt calls me over from her spot on the couch. Not the comfy ugly one, but the one on the opposite side of the room. A cream couch that sat in a great position to watch tv.

"What's up Melly?"

She pauses her show, "sweet girl."

I smile, "I know right. Isn't she great!"

"She is, but what I wanted to talk to you about are your parents."

I roll my eyes, "what about them?"

"They're coming down for your birthday in a few weeks."

I nod my head, "why? I will be 18 they legally can't drag me back."

She sighs, "they miss you Brooklyn."

"They drove me away."

"That wasn't the only thing that drive you away. Don't even pretend like it was."

Aunt Mel also knew everything. Me running away was considered a manic episode to my therapist who said I needed an adult to rely on. I choose aunt Mel and told her everything. In turn she allowed me to stay and I now tell her everything also. No secrets.

"Is that all?"

"Attitude check."

"Yes ma'am."

"But yes that is all."

I nod and then head back upstairs. Throwing myself on my bed I sigh and look up at my ceiling.

Life these last few months has been great. I've come to terms with my sexuality, found a great girl to come to terms with my sexuality with, and I'm turning 18 in 3 weeks.

My parents will no longer have a hold on me and I will forever be free.

My phone buzzing brings me out of though. It was still on the futon from early. Going to get it I sit down on the floor in front of my bed a scroll through all the notifications.

One in particular stands out. A like on my most recent post.

My aunt had business in Texas and let me tag along with her. While we were there went to this old boot factory- per auntys wishes- there I took a photo next to the boots.

The fact that Grace liked it was weird. Opening my instagram story I realize Rene posted the picture of herself and Grace had viewed it.

For the first time in a while she had posted something on her story. She looked at mine so I had the right to look at hers also right?

Right.

The first picture she had on her story was of a poolside with the location Palm Springs marked. So she was on vacation loving her life. That's what she had been doing this entire time. Living her life not worried about me.

I clicked to the next story and it was her. My heart tightened for a second. She looked beautiful as always. Her hair was long again like the first time I had met her, Her skin glowed and radiated life, and her bobs were as big as ever.

Of course I had to look she has them on full display. Shaking my head I clicked out and viewed her profile. Nothing new just the stories.

Switching out of the app I go to snap. I still had her added (I didn't have the heart to take her off). Her circular story was the first one on the list.

Taking in a deep breathe I click on it.

The first photo is her holding a chocolate ice cream cone with another person holding a vanilla cone. The caption read 'Besties trip' with Terra tagged.

Something turned in my stomach. They were still friends. Of course they would be. I mean why wouldn't they?

I clicked on.

The next picture was of Terra. It was little blurry and out of focus, But I think that was the whole point. There wasn't a caption, but you could see the outline of another body next to her. A person got cropped out.

I could just about vomit at how good she looked. At how good they both looked. Like nothing had happened. Just great friends having a trip together.

Shaking my head I close my phone and set it next to me.

I thought I was better. Okay with the whole situation, but I wasn't expecting Grace to resurface anytime soon. In fact I had hoped to never see her again.

The long awaited and expected Brooke pov. So how we feeling?

Feed back?

What do we think of Rene?

Grace and terra are still friends?

What's next?

Grace's trip? ( who was the guy next to terra )

Brooklyns birthday? ( what do y'all think will happen at her birthday ? )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 4.6K 17
Wednesday gets kicked out of her old school for attacking the swim team. Her parents send her to Nevermore, where there is a mystery that she needs t...
67 2 31
Have you ever had a reason to fall in love and hope they would cling on for life? No? Than this story might take you for a leap. Terri loves her best...
283K 10.5K 26
Cameron "Cammie" Bailey is used to moving every few years, so spending her senior year in a new place starting over once again doesn't seem to faze h...
18.9K 845 26
This is a Girl loves Girl story (Bisexual content) Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. Series: 1. Until We Meet (Ca...