danse macabre (dance of death)

By XxBella_Knightly27xX

my name is Bella Nightlee and I am a clumsy, shy, quiet girl who hasn't really had anything good happen in my... More

chapter 1 normal days
chapter 2 weird day
chapter 3 what?
chapter 4 okay I am done with life
chapter 5 new beginning
chapter 6 stress and frustration
health and.... a crush?
chapter 8 explanations and changes
chapter 9 fun day out
chapter 10 embarrassment and dances
chapter 11 preparations and shoes
chapter 12 falling down, falling down
pchapter 13 party and months later
chapter 14 short case
chapter 15 Help!
chapter 17 struggling and meeting
Chapter 18 the notification
thank you all!!
chapter 19 dead shoes

chapter 16 out

39 5 0
By XxBella_Knightly27xX

I literally just laid there for a week, not able to do a thing. We had an actual doctor come over because if Claude was in my presence again, I don't care if it's a life or death situation; based on what I have heard about him I would be willing to rip out his throat any time. I had never met him, and I hope I never do. The doctor said my stab wound was healed and I didn't need the bandage and that my back was basically all healed. I could resume work in two days.

When the doctor asked what happened and how long ago we said that it happened last month and that I fell off a ladder and impaled myself on an axe outside, trying to wash the windows.

Two days. All I had left of just lying here doing nothing. I was dying to get up and move, take walks with Sebastian in the garden, and even play with the huge demon hound Pluto. Pluto was new here and Finny had to work with Sebastian to tame him better but they would occasionally come to my room to say hello.

The last day was the most painful, knowing that I could stand up and walk so soon but it seemed so far away. The real pain was Sebastian didn't come to my room that day. He stayed out and I didn't see him. I had to tell him he was my everything, he was the reason I didn't give up on living after the incident. I struggled to stay alive for him.

I was trying to take a nap when I heard my window open. I thought it was just Finny or Sebastian coming in from out side, but then I saw a flash of red and knew instantly it was the shinigami I hated. Well I couldn't really hate him, he was just annoying. He ran over to my bed side.

"Oh Bella! Long time no see! What has happened?!" He actually looked concerned which I thought was sweet so I told him about my injuries.

"Oh! That's terrible! Once again you have cheated death. You know it's you that has made Will angry, so far he tried to kill you like four times but none have worked,"

"Well that sounds like something he would do and I'm glad I'm making him mad. He can't just kill a demon. I didn't realize death was a game," I joked he laughed and we sat there and he kept me company. Something I needed. Sebastian walked in and saw Grell and he looked like he was done with Grells crap. But he decided to ignore it and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'm sorry I haven't come to see you, I had an unusual amount of work I had to do," he explained. I bet Baldroy tried to use his flame thrower again. Why did I let him buy one that day in town? Oh well.

"Its alright Sebastian, I understand. How has your day been?" I asked as usual he just said it was fine.

"I am done with being in this bed, and I need to get up. I rolled over onto my back and it felt like pins were getting stabbed into my back. It wasn't painful, just a tickling sensation. As I sat up I felt Sebastian try to push me back down but I didn't budge at all. Not walking being with him was the worst.

"Bella you need to rest,"

"No I need to stand,"

"If you stand your back won't heal right,"

"Its already healed," I leaned forwards and he looked at my spine alignment. It was straight as an arrow and perfect as can be.

He released me and Grell decided it was time for him to leave. Good I didn't want him here while I changed from this awful smelling skirt to a fresh dress after a bath.

I walked into the bathroom attached to my room and turned on the water. I had to lock the door so Sebastian didn't pull anything funny. The cool water felt soothing against my skin as I stepped into the tub. I washed up and grabbed a towel and drained the water.

I dried my hair a bit and looked into the mirror. The blue in my hair had faded a little bit along with my skin was pale as usual but my eyes slightly more dull. I needed some sun or something.

I dressed in my maid uniform and opened my window. The fresh air smelled sweet and the breeze felt cool against my skin. There were a few clouds in the sky but they were small and very vague. Sebastian was sitting in a chair in the corner. Just looking at me.

"What? Do I look funny?" I asked. I can't go back to work looking ridiculous.

"No, you look beautiful as always, that's why I was staring," he got up and hugged me from behind. I still got butterflies in my stomach from his touch.

"Thank you and as always you look handsome,"

"So I have heard," we laughed and decided it was time to get to work. So we left holding hands and talking about things I would have to do.

The servants still had no idea I was demon. Or that I had wings. We told them the same thing we did the doctor and Sebastian had to fix the floor in seconds. I felt bad that I wasn't there to fix the problem I caused. If I hadn't been so stupid. We had went to the young masters study to inform him that I would be returning to work today. Sebastian softly knocked on the door and was followed by a light 'come in'.

"What do you need Sebastian? Oh and Bella," he said looking up from his paper work.

"We just came to inform you that Bella will be returning to work today," Sebastian said after bowing.

"Didn't the doctor say wait till tomorrow?"

"Yes but my spine is healed and strong, and I was getting tired of lying in that bed day after day," I said and he nodded.

"Sometimes I think you forget I'm half demon. I admit sometimes I forget too," this got a small smirk from Ciel.

"I am still well aware of this. How could I forget, I was there when wings grew from your back," he put down his paper work and slumped down in his chair.

"Sebastian when will lunch be ready?" He said in a bored tone.

"At eleven thirty my Lord," Sebastian stated. It was only eight o'clock? It felt later than that.

"Well Bella as for you I would like you to go to town and make sure that the Funtom toy stores are stocked," he said handing me a slip of paper with all of the correct amounts that were needed.

"Of course sir," I bowed and he waved his hand signaling me to leave.

Well this would be a good time to use my wings. I left out of the front doors and ran into the forest. She I was sure they wouldn't be able to see me from the garden or Windows I stretched out my wings and soared high into the branches. Occasionally sitting on a thick branch when my wings got sore.

I kept flying after the second time I stopped and didn't take a break in till I reached the town. I had to make it seem like I walked there so I rubbed a small bit of dirt on my shoes and smoothed out my skirt. I retracted my wings and walked into town stopping at the first toy store.

"Hello may I help you?" Said the young lady working the counter. There were only about three people in the store.

"Well yes I'm here on official business for Lord Phantomhive,"I stepped closer to the counter and she went wide eyed.

"Oh! I wasn't expecting Lord Phantomhive to send a maid here. He normally comes himself," she said leading me to the back room while another worker took over.

After I accounted for all of the products I left and went to the next one. Continuing with what I was doing.

Sebastian P.O.V

I saw Bella walk off into the thick forest and went down to the kitchen to prepare lunch for the young master. I couldn't get Bella out of my mind. She was so captivating and interesting. The way she does things is different than how we do them now. Well the future must be exciting.

I felt a bit of wind and a whistle and turned to see a plate being dropped, but I caught it in mid air and placed it on the counter.

"May-rin, how many times must I tell you to not run in the manor? Especially not the kitchen," I said and the cherry haired maid froze looking like she was going to have another nose bleed. Behind her was Baldroy and a flame thrower.

"I told her not to! But she wouldn't listen!" He practically shouted. I pinched the bridge of my nose and took his flame thrower before an accident happened. I heard May-rin whisper to Baldroy.

"See he seems a lot happier since he and Bella got together,"

"Your right, he didn't lecture me like he usually does,"

"I hope Bella never leaves us,"

(A/n/ hey everyone! I just wanted to tell you I now have a Twitter for those who like it! knightly_bella is my name so check me out! I will update when I have a new instagram and Facebook!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.7K 2.7K 10
I'd say I live a pretty good life. Yes, my mother and sister hate my guts, I had to watch my father get murdered before my eyes, my only friends are...
30.8K 1.1K 32
I WAS LITERALLY 14 WHEN I STARTED THIS BOOK SO IT WILL BE BAD AT FIRST She is strong She is dangerous She is ruthless She is power She is Vee -don...
958 38 20
Veronica, considering her shy nature, never made friends easily. She was often left out by her peers and spent most of her free time with people that...
6.2K 382 22
This is my first BL story. I don't know how it will be. But I will try my best. Hope you all like it.