It takes two | Sirius Black

By ohsnapitzmer

You can let it go, you can throw a party full of everyone you know, you can start a family who will always sh... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50
51.
52.
53
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.

69.

1.6K 56 50
By ohsnapitzmer

Daisy opens her eyes, looking around the dark cold room in confusion. She goes to rub her eyes but a terrible burning shoots down her arm. She glances up and notices the silver chains for the first time, she lets out a small gasp of pain as she attempts to pull on them and free herself.

"Don't struggle. It just burns more when you struggle."

Daisy turns her head and sees a figure in the opposite corner, a younger girl with sandy brown hair. Her eyes wander to the girls wrists, her wrists are bloody and bruised with dreadful burns that makes Daisy feel sick to her stomach. She doesn't look older than fifteen and it makes Daisy feel even sicker because who would do this to a child?

"What's your name?" Daisy asks quietly, her throat dry from however long she had been unconscious for.

"Selene."

Daisy's eyed widen, "Remus and Tate's daughter?"

Selene nods, "You know them?"

"They helped raise me when I was a cub." Daisy blinks, "I was just with Tate...he came to the flat looking for my Dad, said you went missing.." Daisy pales as the shock sinks in, "Oh god. He said Greyback took you."

"My Dads are looking for me?" Selene breathes out with relief because if they're looking for her, then that means they will come.

"Yes." Daisy confirms, then she shudders with fear, "Oh god! Where's Jackson?"

"Jackson?"

"Yes, he's my boyfriend. I was with him and then.." She closes her eyes as the memories flood her mind, "He's...one of them.."

Selene feels bad for the girl, she sits back and tries to hold back her sobs. Selene isn't entirely sure what to do or how to comfort her, she's terrible at communication. After Zion died, she just shut herself away. She couldn't even look Phoenix and Marlie in the eyes, knowing that she was hurting over their brother. She didn't know how to tell them that she missed him too.

"What's your name?" Selene decides that distraction is the best way forward.

"Daisy." She chokes, big wet tears stream down her face.

Selene feels like she knows her, that maybe her Dads had mentioned her before. Then she remembers Ben and Walid, she realises shes seen Daisy before at a distance.

"You were at Ben and Walid's wedding."

Daisy looks up, "Yeah.. that's right.. you know them? Small world eh?"

"How do you know them?" Selene asks curiously, happy to have stopped Daisy from sobbing so much.

"They're like my brothers." Daisy says, a small smile of her face as she talks about them, "We we're part of the same pack as children..well I was too young to remember but they've always been around. They always came to visit my Dad and I.. I grew up thinking they really were my brothers so you can imagine the shock when I found out they were dating."

Selene laughs. Her first genuine hearty laugh in so long. She had worried when Jackson carried Daisy into her cell and chained her up, she had been isolated for so long and now she had a roommate. Someone to talk to other than herself. It must've been scary Selene realises, the moment Jackson turned on Daisy like that. Selene knows Zion never would've done that to her, he never would have hurt her or put her in danger. It must sting her heart, knowing her boyfriend was capable of bringing her such harm.

There's a loud clatter above as the door swings open and someone starts to descend down stairs. Daisy stiffens with fear as Jackson appears, two men either side of him as he places a plate of food and a cup of water in front of each of them. He lingers around Daisy a little, waiting for her to look up at him but she doesn't. She avoids his eyes completely, looking off to the side and admiring the stone walls.

"Daisy." He says in a low voice, aware of Ovie and Axel behind him, "I'm sorry."

She doesn't move until he does, she watches with a heavy heart as he goes back up the stairs and leaves her there in the dark.

"I should have listened to my Dad." Daisy mutters, "He told me not to get a boyfriend and I didn't listen and now look."

"Dads always know best." Selene nods, thinking about how watchful Remus had been over her and Zion. He didn't want him to break her heart and then he fucking died, taking her heart with him.

The chains come undone from their wrists and Selene reaches for her cup of water, downing it immediately. Daisy rubs her wrists, noticing the red raised skin and bruising after just a few hours. Silver was brutal to werewolves and she didn't want to see what her ankles looked like because they felt worse. She reaches for the shackles around her feet, whimpering as the silver hisses and burns the tips of her fingers.

"It's pointless." Selene informs her, "Just drink your water at least, we only have a few minutes and then the chains come back."

Daisy shakes her head, she doesn't feel like eating or drinking. She just wants to go home.

"Daisy." Selene says sternly, "Eat you'll feel better."

Daisy highly doubts that but she picks up the stale sandwich anyway, she takes a single bite and pulls back in disgust. She removes the papery texture from her mouth, her eyes widening as she realises its parchment. She takes the top of the sandwich off, hidden between the bread and a slab of ham is a note. Selene watches curiously as Daisy unfolds it.

Darling Daisy,

Word is that a group of werewolves are heading this way. Greyback is furious, he thinks its Remus Lupin. I'll bet your Dad is amongst them.
I promise I do love you even though I know you're doubting me right now. Please don't fight against the silver, I don't want you getting injured.
- J

Daisy rips up the note and starts eating it, Selene frowns at her with confusion.

"Destroying evidence." She explains.

She doesn't trust Jackson but she still wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him because she loves him. Love doesn't just disappear overnight unfortunately but trust can. Trust is far more fragile and breakable than love. Trust keeps people together, love isn't enough on its own .

"What did it say?"

"Our Dads are heading this way."

********

Ben, Walid, Rafe and Tate have been walking around the forest for hours. It is not right near Ben and Walids place at all, it's several miles away but each of them are willing to make the journey. Rafe has a muggle gun, hidden in the waistband of his jeans. Somehow that makes the two younger men more nervous than Tate's wand. Rafe is furious. He's breaking branches as he storms around the forest, desperate to find his daughter. He had managed to keep Daisy safe all these years, both of them had slipped under the radar undetected and now..she was gone and in danger.

It's frankly intimidating how pissed off Rafe is as he treks ahead of the others. Ben and Walid nervously hold hands as they look around for some sort of sign and Tate walks behind them all, ready to defend if they get attacked from behind. He thinks really he should've asked Sirius and some members of the order to tag along too. They're horribly outnumbered and he knows that, it's a terrible feeling like they really don't stand a chance.

Once Rafe had discovered his home in disarray, he knew something was wrong. He could smell wolves, the only scent he recognised other than Daisy was Tate. That's how he tracked him down, he'd actually pinned him against the wall demanding to know where his child was. If Ben and Walid weren't there to stop it, Rafe might have tore Tate's head off his shoulders.

Tate gets it though, he really does because he feels the same. He and Remus had lost their daughter once before, losing her again now they actually had chance to know her was utter hell. It was as if it were planned all along, to give the couple a taste of happiness, just to snatch it from under them. Selene had become their world, without her, living just seemed entirely pointless.

Rafe comes to a sudden stop, glancing over his shoulder at the other three and placing a firm finger across his lips. They all crouch down, hiding amongst the bushes- they've found it. They're living out in the open like wild animals, there's a few hammocks and mattresses, a log being used as a table with dead rabbits on the top. There's a few circling the perimeter of the campsite, none of them appear to have weapons or wands though- which Tate mentally notes down as a win. They're still hugely outnumbered.

"What's the plan?" Ben asks, his eyes scanning the area.

"They must be holding the girls somewhere." Rafe mutters, "We go around, stay hidden by the trees and find where they are."

"You two go that way." Tate decides, "Rafe?"

"No." Rafe shakes his head, "Ben with me, Walid with Tate. We're the only two with any sort of defence."

They all hesitate but nod, Ben clings onto Walids hand a little longer, kissing it feverishly as they break apart.

"Chinese food tonight, yeah?" Walid says seeing the fear in Ben's eyes as he backs away following Rafe.

Ben nods breaking into a small smile, "Extra spring rolls?"

"Obviously." Walid smirks rolling his eyes, "I'll see you on the other side sweet cheeks."

"I love you."

Walid grins, "Tell me that later when we're eating our Chinese okay?"

"Okay."

                                      *******

Regulus falls through the fireplace, clutching onto Bowies fur. Remus hears the commotion and rushes into the living room, expecting someone else. Bowie breaks free and barks crazily at the sight of Regulus on the floor, he's not moving. Remus struggles to kneel by his side, he touches the side of his face and pulls back as the cold skin makes him shiver.

"SIRIUS! KATE! HELP!"

Sirius rushes in from the kitchen, bewildered by Bowie jumping around and barking crazily. He is at his brothers side in seconds, trying to shake him awake when he notices the medallion around his neck.

"Isn't that?"

"A horcrux." Remus confirms as Sirius snatches it from around Regulus' neck.

Kate comes down, her eyes widen at the sight in front of her. Sirius is certain she will back away and leave, seeing another person she loves lay there like that- it has to trigger her right? Except it doesn't, she leaps into action, determined to save him.

Bowie continues to bark and growl at the discarded necklace that Sirius has tossed to one side. It's evident that he's scared of it, that something has happened. For a single moment, Sirius thinks maybe he managed to destroy it but he realises that's not the case. It sounds crazy but he can feel the energy. He can sense the dark magic within it.

Regulus suddenly gasps for air, his heart racing in his chest as he sits up. Sirius holds onto his shoulders, attempting to soothe his panic stricken brother.

"He knows." Regulus breathes out, "He knows."

Sirius stares his heart dropping into the pit of his stomach. Regulus looks terrified and Sirius can see his baby brother again, the child that was afraid of the dark.

"It's okay." Sirius tries to sound convincing but it's obvious, so painfully obvious that nothing is okay.

Regulus looks at Sirius, his eyes filling up with tears, "He's going to torture me.. he won't stop until he has information on anything. I don't even know what information I have.."

"He won't get the chance. We won't let him get to you." Sirius says thickly, he couldn't lose anymore people.

"Sirius." Regulus says heavily, "You need to erase my memory."

Sirius shoves Regulus rather harshly, "Fuck off. I'm not doing that."

"No one is doing that." Kate says her voice thick and croaky due to lack of use, "You've been a spy before.. does he need to know you betrayed him?"

Regulus laughs, "I have the horcrux. He knows I betrayed him already. I'm a dead man walking and we all know it, at least if my memory is wiped I don't risk harming you or the kids."

"You're a smart man, Regulus." Remus says, "If anyone can lie their way out of this it's you."

Sirius squints at Remus with annoyance, "Yeah okay my brothers a compulsive liar it's hardly going to save his life."

"It has done before." Regulus admits gloomily.

Then a plan starts to form inside his brain, another grand Regulus Black performance.

"Do you think they'll allow us to pay a visit to Azkaban?" He asks, a shine in his eyes as he starts putting the plan in motion.

Regulus goes disguised as Alastor Moody, it took a lot of small talk for Kate to grab the hairs from off Alastors shoulders but it worked. Regulus just added the hairs to his already brewed potion, he had several just ready for when he needed them. Sirius looked uncomfortable as he watched his brother change forms, then clothes to really pull of his part. He used an eye patch to cover his missing eye and grinned to himself. Sirius turned into Padfoot, Bowie snarled at him, jealous of another dog being present again.

"Ready?" Regulus asks in his best scottish accent.

Padfoot barked, which could've meant no but Regulus didn't care. He took ahold of his brother and apparated near the cliffs, he looked over at the angry sea below and in the distance stood Azkaban. Padfoot winced and shook, the fear already creeping through his body. He never wanted to come back here but he refused to send his brother alone. He knew what the dementors were like, what they could do to you. He didn't want that for Reggie.

Padfoot lead the way down the cliff, taking his time to ensure Regulus didn't fall. He was tempted to go alone to save Regulus the misery of it all but he was afraid he wouldn't get out again. That somehow the dog form wouldn't be enough this time and he would be trapped.

Regulus steps into a small boat, Padfoot jumping in behind him causing the boat to rock slightly.

"Don't do that! You know I can't fucking swim." Regulus snaps, holding onto the edge of the boat.

Padfoot barks, Regulus is positive it's Sirius either laughing or making fun of the fact he's never been able to swim. He just really didn't like the water and the undiscovered oceans, the idea alone freaked him out especially after him experience in the cave with the inferi. He still can't believe he got out alive.

He taps the side of the boat with his wand and it takes off, with a bit too much speed and Regulus has to hold back vomit as the motion makes him feel ill. He swears Padfoot is smirking at him, which irritates him because Sirius really isn't that great of a swimmer either when he's not in dog from. He sort of flops around like a fish out of water when he's human. At least Regulus knows better than to bother trying.

The boat comes to a sudden halt, sending the both of them falling forward into an awkward heap on boats floor. Padfoot shakes himself before jumping out and onto the platform, cowering in fear at the sight of all the dementors circling around.

"Alastor!" Someone greets happily, "What are you doing here?"

"Research." Regulus says as he brushes down his clothes and steps out.

The man looks him up and down, "We haven't got you down for any visits."

"It's urgent."

"Very well sir, who is it you need to see?"

"Bartemius Crouch Junior."

The man hesitates, "But of course, follow me sir.." He looks down at the dog, "I didn't know you had a dog?"

"Yeah."

"What's his name?"

Regulus blinks before a small smirk forms across his face, "Snuffles."

"Snuffles?"

"Yeah. It suits him rather well, don't you think?"

"Yeah certainly sir." The man agrees, "Shall we?"

Regulus smiles down at Padfoot who is definitely scowling with annoyance right now as they follow the man up many, many, many stairs and come to a stop right outside a cell. The man walks away to give 'Alastor' his privacy. Barty is in the very back corner of his cell, his eyes wild as he rocks back and fourth like a man man. Regulus clears his throat, grabbing Barty's attention.

"Alastor." He hisses as he stops rocking, "I shall tell you nothing of the Dark Lord. You can visit every single day and I will not waiver." He rolls up his prison sleeves, flashing the slithering Dark Mark, "He will win. He will win and you will all be bloody sorry!"

Regulus rolls his eyes, "Oh do shut up Bartylus you insufferable fool."

Barty blinks in recognition, "Bartylus?"

Regulus kneels down, his hands holding on to the bars, "You didn't really believe the Dark Lord had killed me?"

Barty looks stunned, his mouth shaking as he stares at Alastor, "Reg?"

"The one and only."

"But.. he killed you. He told us he killed you because you tried to-" Barty stops himself, "You really betrayed the Dark Lord?"

"Yes."

"Oh Regulus." He croaks out wearily, "Why on earth would you do that?"

"I'm not afraid anymore." Regulus whispers, "I wanted to do what I believed in.. remember what me, you and Evan would always say?"

Barty nods as tears start to fall down his face, "Evans dead.."

"I know."Regulus whispers back, "I know, but we're both still here, aren't we? We can put things right like we always said we would."

"I killed my Father." Barty says, his eyes flickering shut as he leans his head against the stone.

"That bastard had it coming for what he did to you and your Mum." Regulus mutters forgetting that the dog besides him was his brother, "If I we're as brave as you, I'd have killed my parents for what they did to Sirius."

Padfoot glances at Regulus, he sees the tears streaming down his face. He'd never heard anything like that before, no one had ever wanted to harm someone else to defend him. Regulus never spoke of that night. He'd never mentioned anything before about wanting to hurt his parents for it.

"Why are you here Regulus?"

"You're still so fucking slow." Regulus tuts taking the wand out of his pocket, "I'm taking you home with me. I've got a plan."

**********

Phoenix runs as fast as he can to the hospital wing, he really didn't know anything was up until Seamus Finnegan had mentioned it. The rumour was that Ron Weasley was fighting for his life. Phoenix had never dropped everything so fast out of fear. He hadn't hung around with Ron for awhile, now he was back at Hogwarts he spent all his time with Draco trying to fix the damn cabinet.

He screeches to a halt behind Professor Dumbledore, Professor Snape and their new potions Professor, Slughorn who looks utterly distressed. He peaks around to see Ginny and Hermione by his bedside, Harry stood at the end of the bed looking down at Ron's pale grey face. Phoenix feels awful because if Ron had died..

His trail of thought is interrupted by the arrival of a girl in their year, Lavender Brown. Her curly hair is tied up in bunches as she trips forward to touch Ron's chest, Hermione drops Ron's hand frowning at the new presence.

"Has he been asking for me? My won-won." She coos, Hermione scoffs in annoyance and Lavender glares at her, "What are you doing here?"

"I might ask you the same thing!" Hermione snaps heatedly.

"I happen to be his girlfriend!"

Hermione turns red with embarrassment, "I happen to be his..friend."

"Girlfriend?" Phoenix mutters with confusion.

Harry's head snaps around at hearing Phoenixes voice, their eyes meet and Phoenix quickly pulls away focusing on the bickering girls in front of him. Ron starts to stir lightly, a small whisper leaving the back of his throat.

"I'm here won-won! Don't worry!" Lavender says, grabbing onto his hand.

"Hermione?" He asks cluelessly.

Lavender pulls away, her face falling as he repeats Hermione's name. Lavender glares at Hermione before running away, tears falling down her face. Harry snorts as Hermione takes Ron's hand in his again, smiling rather smugly at her friends.

"Let us leave them." Dumbledore says, clapping his hands together, muttering about young love with Slughorn as they leave.

Ginny grins leaning into Harry's ear, "About time, don't you think?"

Phoenix rolls his eyes as Harry nods with a stiff smile at her, her fingers brushing against his. A weird jealousy builds inside him at their small exchange, remembering their snog at the Burrow and he turns to leave, practically storming out of the wing. He knew Ron was okay and that's all that mattered. Ron was okay.

He hears the sound of footsteps on the stone floors as he turns around the corner, he knows Harry is following him. He recognises Harry's footsteps as creepy and unhinged as that may seem. He knows Harry like the back of his hand and he is desperate to avoid him.

Unfortunately for Phoenix, Harry does catch up and throws himself in Phoenixes path to stop him from walking away.

"He was poisoned." Harry blurts out, "It was in the mead meant for Slughorn who was going to regift it to Dumbledore. Someone is trying to kill them."

"Right.. well he's okay isn't he?"

"Yeah." Harry nods, "He will be okay, maybe a bit sick for a bit but I reckon Hermione has hold of that."

"What about his girlfriend?"

Harry snorts, "I think that's his ex girlfriend now."

"Brutal way to be dumped." Phoenix smirks feeling relaxed for the first time in awhile, "Can't believe Ron was dating her."

"Yeah you kinda missed it all." Harry says smiling small, "Ron got on the Quidditch team. He won our match against Ravenclaw, it was bloody brilliant. Then when everyone was celebrating she just swooped in and snogged him."

"That happened before Christmas.."

Harry nods, "Yeah you kind of haven't really been around.."

Phoenix shrugs then remembers suddenly where he's supposed to be. He steps back from Harry realising how close they are, he starts to look around aimlessly at cobwebs on the ceiling and cracks in the walls.

"I don't blame you." Harry whispers, "I get that you need time to grieve for Zion..I get it..but I miss you.. we all do. We miss you so much."

Phoenix gulps, trying to ignore the way Harry's eyes are on him. He feels very seen and he hates it.

"I ahh have to go." Phoenix says turning away.

"Do you know your cousin is a deatheater?" Harry calls after him.

Phoenix stops. His heart beating against his chest as he turns back and scoffs at Harry, "Don't be fucking stupid, Potter."

Despite the scoff, Harry sees the way Phoenix twitches with nerves and that's all Harry needs to know his feeling about Draco is correct. As Phoenix walks away, Harry stumbles against the stone wall behind him, a horrible new thought entering his mind and ripping his heart into pieces.

If Phoenix was spending all his time with Draco and Draco was a death eater.. did that mean Phoenix was too?

When Phoenix finally makes it to the room of requirement, he finds Draco on his knees crying before the cabinet. As he steps closer, he notices the tiny dead bird cradled in his hands.

"I killed it." Draco whispers sadly, staring down broken at the sight of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 8.4K 74
*Completed* **Editing** Her father left when she was eight. Her mother went into a fit of depression, only coming out when her and her brother went t...
2.2M 57.6K 136
Madison Parker, was a pretty shy girl. She never drew attention to herself, and steered clear from all of the marauders well, James Potter and Sirius...
21.2K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...
443K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...