It takes two | Sirius Black

By ohsnapitzmer

You can let it go, you can throw a party full of everyone you know, you can start a family who will always sh... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50
51.
52.
53
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.

67.

1.9K 66 158
By ohsnapitzmer

Phoenix grabs his wand off the bedside table as Harry shakes Ron awake. Phoenix slips his feet into his trainers, his heart racing in his chest. The murderer is just outside the burrow, he's so close and he can feel the anger seeping in his veins. He feels dizzy with anticipation, his wand ready as the voices drown out the ringing in his ears.

"Nix!" Harry worries reaching out for him, but Phoenix ignores him, "Please calm down."

He's already calm. Phoenix doesn't wait around, he sprints down the stairs, his trainers squeaking on the hardwood floor. He doesn't feel much of anything, he's just ready to avenge his brother, ready to kill the witch who'd taken Zion away. He crashes straight into the back of his Uncle Moony, who turns and shakes his head, pressing a finger against his lips to silence him.

The adults are peering cautiously out of the windows..waiting. Tate is right by the front door, his wand clutched tightly in his hand. Sirius right behind him, glancing out of the window of the burrow. The death eaters are surrounding the house, some are masked- others like Bellatrix, don't care if they're seen. They're already widely known death eaters, there's no point in hiding. The rest of the kids linger awkwardly on the stairs,all in their pyjamas and their wands in hand just incase.
They're trapped. There's no way out of the building, nowhere for them to hide.

Selene stands behind Phoenix, she sees the way her Dad (Remus) stiffens as he notices someone through the window. She suddenly feels it inside of her, an invisible tugging as if she's attached to a string and has to follow. She looks towards the window and sees Fenir Greyback, her alpha and she recoils in fear. Tate notices and steps away from the door, edging closer to his daughter protectively.

"You're safe." He promises, "He can't hurt you whilst your old Dads are here."

"He's my Alpha.. I can feel it." She whispers, her voice shaking with fear.

It had been so long since she had last seen Greyback. Her memories start to resurface, the times she spent with them and the horror she left behind. They weren't happy memories. They were nightmares.

Remus struggles to level with her, his bad knees and hip causing him intense pain as he tries to crouch down to her height, "It's not a full moon, he has no control over you right now. You're safe."

She trusts him. She trusts both of them. They're her Dads and even if she had gone half her life not knowing them, they were here and they were wonderful and everything she ever wanted from parents. Suddenly a loud crash echoes from upstairs, followed by a deranged howling laugh from Bellatrix.

Arthur Weasley pushes past the children, his eyes widening as he looks at the other adults, "Fiendfyre."

"Fuck." Sirius mutters slamming his fist against the door, "Floo network?"

"Closed for safety by the ministry." Molly whispers, a firm hand on Ginny's shoulder , "We only had it opened so you could visit."

Fred and George usher everyone down the stairs, the sound of crackling fire and shattering glass causing everyone to panic. The fire is quickly spreading throughout the house, burning everything in its path and starts to descend down the stairs.

"We have no fucking choice." Sirius mutters staring at the door, "Get your wands ready."

"Kids stay behind us." Remus commands, holding his wand high.

Sirius flings the door wide open, Remus, Tate, Molly, Arthur and Kate step out first their wands at the ready. Fred and George followed, they were part of the order now and not only were they determined to protect their siblings, they'd vowed to protect Zions siblings too. Fred had his arm held outwards, ensuring Marlie stayed right behind him. He wouldn't let a thing happen to her. George had Ginny behind him too, doing the exact same thing.

Selene cowered behind Remus, her eyes meeting Fenirs yellow ones. He smirked at her and laughed at Tate and Remus' protectiveness. Werewolves had always been territorial over their cubs and others cubs too, werewolf babies weren't the most powerful but Fenir knew Selene was more than capable of protecting herself. He had raised her himself.

Phoenix ran forward without thinking, his wand raised towards Bellatrix Lestrange. Harry ran after him, pulling him backwards onto the grass as Sirius ran for them both, swearing and yelling. Shots started firing from the death eaters, the adults and the twins fended off the spells with ease. They dodged stray spells, the distance and flickering fire making it harder to hear the spells being yelled at them.

Marlie stumbles as a spell hits her arm, Fred grabs hold of her and ducks low as she clutches her arm.

"Protego maxima!" Fred yells, a protective charm surrounding himself and Marlie.

He keeps his wand held steadily as he checks Marlie over, her arm is burning red and he tries to figure out what spell had been fired but he can't think straight. The protective charm is weakening with each hit, but he doesn't look away from Marlie's terrified face. All he can see is Zion and it makes him feel ill, he'd failed in looking after Marlie for him because she sat injured and all he could do was panic that she was dying.

Bellatrix smiles as she backs away, she raises her wand and creates a circle of bright green flames around the burrow, trapping them all inside of it. She laughs manically as she runs through the surrounding forests, the other death eaters following or disapparating away. Fenir lingered for a moment, flashing dark yellowed fangs as he smiled.

"You don't really think that's your daughter do you?" Fenir taunts, "I raised her, remember? I've known Amelia since she was a pup herself."

Remus let his guard down a moment as he stares at Greyback, what exactly was he insinuating? It couldn't possibly be true, right?He looks at his daughter, he can see himself in her. The freckles, the hair.. she was his. It's his daughter. Selene was his and Amelias, not Greyback's, she had to be. He couldn't lose another person.

Tate jumps before Remus, "STUPEFY!" But he misses as Fenirs laugh echoes around the cold air as he disappears through the forest.

Selene stares at her two Dads, a weird feeling washing over her,"What does he mean?"

Phoenix manages to slip through Sirius' grip, he legs it towards the flames, ignoring the cries and pleads of his Mum. He can hear his Dad and Harry too, he can hear Marlie sobbing but he doesn't stop. He takes a chance and leaps between the flames, determined to kill Bellatrix. It's the only thing he can think of, he's like a man possessed. A voice echoing inside his mind, repeating what he has to do. He has to make her suffer.

Sirius follows but the flames rise violently, blocking him off from his son. He tries calling after him, he uses his wand to bend the flames creating a gap but the fire is stronger than he is and he can't hold it. Except Harry runs between it before it closes.

"FUCK." Sirius yells, "HARRY!NIX! COME BACK HERE RIGHT FUCKING NOW."

"I've sent for Dumbledore and the Order." Arthur Weasley calls as his patronuses speeds off through the night sky.

Kate storms forward towards Sirius and shoves his chest repeatedly , "THIS IS YOUR FAULT! THIS IS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT."

Her voice cracks as she continues to pound his chest, the hits getting weaker and weaker as she starts to cry. Sirius instinctively wraps his arms around her, holding her head to his chest as she cries.

"I can't lose him too."

Sirius glances around for a way out, he has to get his boys back. He has to help them, what the were two kids going to do against a bunch of death eaters? Memories of Zion flooded his mind, he couldn't lose Nix too. Memories of James came too, he couldn't lose Harry either. He had to find a way to save them.

"Where's Selene?!" Tate asks his eyes desperately searching amongst the crowd of kids.

"Shit." Remus gasps out, pain twisting like a knife in his chest.

Sirius had to get all three back. He just didn't know how. Fiendfyre wasn't like normal fire, it was indestructible. Anything it caught would just keep burning, including human flesh. You couldn't put Fiendfyre out, it was impossible.

Selene runs through the forest, her knee bleeding from where she had taken a tumble. She could see Greyback up ahead in a small clearing, he'd stopped and was waiting for her. She regretted following him, but she couldn't fight the urge. She felt as though she had to follow him, like she had no other choice.

Harry collided into Phoenixes back, they'd come to a sudden halt in a corn field. They could hear the soft laughter, from every angle as it echoed in the night. They didn't know where Bellatrix was, but she could see them. She was cackling to herself as she crept closer to the two boys, her eyes dancing wildly as she watched them, both boys looking around on high alert unable to spot her.

"Itty bitty Phoenix come to avenge Zion."
She hummed callously, another giggle escaping her lips, "And he brought along Harry Potter! The dark lord will be most pleased in Bella to have caught both of you!

Remus stares at his husband, "Separate the fire! I'll jump through!"

"Me too!" Sirius says with an insistent nod.

Tate hesitates, he doesn't want to lose Remus but he can see the determination on both mens faces. They can't lose anymore members of their family. He casts the spell, he's not as confident as the others with spells and magic but his need to save his daughter takes over and he manages to cast it almost perfectly. He manages to hold it for just five seconds, allowing both men to jump through the flames and run after their children.

"NIX!? NIX!?" Sirius yells as he runs through the forest, "HARRY?! NIX!!? SEL?!"

Remus is trying to keep up, his knee threatening to give way as he stumbles through the forest. He can still see Sirius up ahead, and he prays that the three children are safe together. His knee starts to ache, a sharp pain shoots through his leg as he forces himself to continue on.

Sirius comes to a stop, he can see Bellatrix with the boys. Harry and Phoenix both have their wands pointed towards her, she's laughing at them. The Black family curse had gotten Bellatrix a long time ago, Sirius remembers when she slowly started to lose her mind. She'd been ordinary before then, kind even.. and now..

"EXPELLIARMUS!" Sirius yells, her wand flys out of her hand and falls on the floor a few feet away from Sirius.

"Aha!" She says smiling at him widely, "My itty baby cousin, Sirius Black! It's truly a shame what happened to little Zion, the spell was meant for you after all." She turns to Phoenix, her hand reaching out to cup his face, "Well..that means.. it's you."

"Get off him." Sirius spits edging closer, his wand pointing at her.

"Going to kill me, Sirius?" She laughs snatching her hand away from Nix, "Remember the rule, you have to mean it."

Sirius shook as he pointed the wand at her, he had to mean it. She killed his son, he had to mean it. He had to intend to kill but as he looked at her, he found he couldn't do it. He remembered life before, when they were children and well.. it was the same person. He didn't mean it, he couldn't kill her.

"Do it Dad!" Phoenix snaps impatiently, "She's unharmed!"

Harry looks between Phoenix and Sirius, lowering his own wand. He sees the pain in Sirius' eyes and he knows, Sirius Black is not capable of murder. Phoenix jabs his wand into Bellatrix's neck, his eyes wide as he stares at his Dad.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He hisses at him, the anger building up.

"Daddy dear doesn't mean it. You can't kill another being without truly wanting to." Bellatrix smirks, "Your Dad is no killer." She turns unfazed, pushing the wand away from her neck with her finger, "I'm sure you're different though, go on.. show us the Black family curse. Kill me."

Phoenix lowered the wand, staring at her with wide eyes. He stumbles back into Harry, the fear finally creeping in. The Black family curse, the insanity.. he stares at Bellatrix as she laughs then disapparates on the spot. Sirius picks up her wand before she can take it back, he stares at his Phoenix, the fear spreading over them. Sirius knows now, that Phoenix has inherited the curse and he doesn't know how to fix it. He doesn't know how to save him.

"Where's Selene?" Sirius asks realising they're one down, he turns to see no sign of Remus.

"She's not with us." Harry whispers seeing the panic on his face.

Sirius, Harry and Phoenix rush through the forest, momentarily forgetting about what just took place. They find Remus laid against a tree, just outside the forest that leads to a corn field. He's clutching his leg as tears stream down his face, he struggles to talk as the pain shoots around his body.

"Greyback." He chokes out, "He took her. I lost her again."

Sirius puts his arm around his best friend, "We will find her."

"She's not mine." He sobs into the crook of Sirius' neck, "She is not my daughter."

"What?" Sirius blinks in surprise, the air getting caught in his lungs, "Of course she is! She's mini Moony! She looks just like you, Remus."

He shakes his head, "Greyback said-"

"Fuck that guy." Phoenix mutters, "Selene is family. We're getting her back."

Bellatrix rushes through the hall, laughing and dancing as she celebrates. She storms into the room in which the Dark Lord is hiding, his back turned to her as he sits in a chair by the window. His giant snake, Nagini coils around the chair, staring at Bellatrix with dislike as she resettles onto the Dark Lords shoulders.

"Bellatrix." He says, not looking at her.

"Master." She smiles kneeling to the ground, "I bring great news about the prophecy sir."

He raises from his chair, the snake wrapped around his neck, "Tell me."

"The prophecy was about Phoenix, the second born son of Sirius Black!" She grins, her eyes wide with excitement, "He's the one with the curse. He's the one who will betray them all! He will bring us Harry Potter."

Voldemort pauses for a moment, the smile widening across his face and a small laugh escapes, "Phoenix, you say?"

"Yes Master."

"Bring me Lucius Malfoy's boy."

Selene struggles against the silver shackles, her wrists and ankles burning as the silver digs into her skin. Greyback rolls his eyes at her as she continues to try, teenagers are always so dramatic.

"It burns more when you move." He hisses slamming down a cup of water in front of her, "Drink that."

"I'd rather die of dehydration." She spits back, continuing to tug on the cuffs.

Greyback shrugs, "Makes no difference to me if you're alive or dead."

"Kill me then." She snaps, scowling at the man who had raised her.

"Don't be a brat." Greyback mutters, "I've got someone who's just dying to see you."

He unlocks the solid door behind him, a member of their pack Jackson steps forward, pulling someone behind him. Selene squints as the sun light shines through the dark room, temporarily blinding her. Greyback slams the door again and pushes the second person to the floor. They're on their knees, their face hidden by wild black hair. Selene stares at them, she stops struggling as her heart races. Her mind jumping to conclusions.

"Phoenix?" She asks, her voice shaking.

The boy looks up at her, his mouth taped shut and his eyes fall on her. Her eyes widen as she tries to pull away from the wall towards him, her heart hammering in her ears.

"Zion?"She chokes out in disbelief, "I thought you were dead!"

She starts crying as she pulls on her shackles, desperately trying to reach him. The silver burns into her skin, causing her to whimper in agony but she won't stop. She needs to touch him, hold him, make sure she's not delusional.

"Take him back to his cage." Greyback instructs.

Jackson nods, pulling Zion up from under his arms and forcing him to his feet. Selene starts yelling after him as Jackson shoves him violently up the stairs. Greyback opens the door and kicks him in the back, she hears Zion cry out in pain as the door shuts again, leaving just her and Greyback.

"Please! Please! Just bring him back! Please!" She begs hopelessly, "Don't hurt him."

Greyback crouches down in front of her and smiles, "That all depends on how you behave sunshine."

She finally stops struggling, her eyes filled with tears as she nods in agreement. She just wanted to get Zion home safe.

Jackson rips the tape of Zions mouth and undoes the shackles. Zion rubs his hands on his wrists where the shackles had been digging into his skin. He stands up and glares at Jackson with frustration.

"Did you really have to be so fucking aggressive?"

"Oh shut up." Jackson mutters rolling his eyes, "Do you reckon she believed it?"

"Of course she fucking did! Did you see how she was crying for him?"

Jackson snorts, "Didn't really have you down as a good actor, Pete."

Peter Pettigrew smirked, "No one ever suspects me to be good at anything.. yet I always manage to pull it off."

"It's weird looking at a dead teen, how long until the polyjuice wears off?" Jackson shudders, looking at Peter/Zion.

Phoenix paces back and fourth at St Mungo's, everyone else sits in seats waiting. Both Remus and Marlie had been hurt, Phoenix had one job and that was to protect his baby sister. No one heard the spell that hit her, but her arm was raging red with burning bumps that didn't seem to fade. She passed out from the pain eventually, unable to take anymore and Fred disapparated with her as soon as he was able.

There wasn't much they could do for Remus, his pain being a result of lycanthropy and years of chances. He was in his thirties but his body was that of a seventy year old man, arthritis and limited mobility. He was certain he was going a bit deaf too, his wolf heightened senses slowing down.

A medi-witch came out the room in which Marlie was staying and everyone stood up, whilst Sirius and Kate stepped forward. Kate gripped onto Sirius' arm in fear, the nausea creeping up her throat.

"Marlie will be okay." The medi witch says, "We found a spell to counteract the curse, she will need to spend a few nights here but will be alright in time for Hogwarts on the first."

"Oh thank you merlin." Kate breathes out shakily as she lets go of Sirius' arm and runs her hands through her hair, "Can we see her?"

"Absolutely." The medi witch looks at all the people behind them, "Oh.. erm it's family only."

Phoenix shrugs, "We're all family you goon."

The medi witch looks at the mixture of pale gingers, the tanned and dark haired boy who'd called her a goon, the brunette boy with glasses and shrugged. Families weren't what they used to be, they came in all different shapes and sizes and colours . Who was she to decide they were lying?

"Alright two at a time." She mutters, shaking her head, "Visiting hours end in an hour."

Phoenix watches impatiently as his parents head in first, he continues to pace as everyone else sits down. He had to apologise to her, it was his job to look after her now and he'd failed. He thought about how angry Zion would be at him for allowing Marlie to get hurt. He'd probably shove him, call him reckless and stupid.

You are reckless and stupid.

He snapped his head around in alarm, looking for the voice who'd confirmed his fears but no one was there. No one was paying him any attention, no one noticed the way his eyes twitched as he looked around him. No one except Harry.

Harry was whispering with Ron, well, Ron was talking about the fire. He really did try to listen because Ron was venting about everything he'd lost. The entire burrow had been set alight, they had lost most of their things, all of their memories and special items. Everything was gone. But Harry couldn't stop watching as Phoenix paced, he could see him getting more and more irritated. He wasn't sure what was happening, but the Phoenix he knew was rapidly fading.

When Fred eventually got his chance, he went into Marlie's room with his twin. Both of them taking a seat either side of her bed, she smiled at them happily as they sat. Phoenix wasn't the only one who felt responsible, the guilt had been eating Fred up too. The spell should've hit him, not her.

"I'm so sorry." He exhales as he stares at her bandaged arm, "I didn't do a very good job of keeping you safe."

Marlie frowns, "It's not your job to keep me safe. I am capable of fighting too. Besides, I'm going to have a cool scar now and I'll look badass like Uncle Moony."

George laughs, "You gave us all a fright and your main concern is having a cool scar?"

"Don't be jealous because I have a cool scar and you don't George."

Fred can't help but smile. He's just relieved she is okay. He stares up towards the ceiling, attempting to send a message to Zion. He will do better next time. Nothing bad will happen to his baby sister. It's like he can almost hear the reply, Zion telling him to make sure it's his arm next time and he smiles to himself, the miss of his best friend growing even more.

——————
A/N: sorry for the false hope just like making us all suffer 🫶🏼 love you tho fr

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
443K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
11.5K 425 21
Judson Ogden had a secret: he was completely head over heels for Remus Lupin. He couldn't help it-it was a lost cause. But Remus had a secret of his...
64.4K 1.9K 21
This is an old story please keep in mind that my writing style has changed over the years. *Cover made by Jennifer_Claire96*-Harry Potter Marauder's...