Personal Bodyguard | WinRina

By winterskarina

๐–  ๐—๐–พ๐—…๐—…-๐—„๐—‡๐—ˆ๐—๐—‡ ๐—‰๐–พ๐—‹๐—Œ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐–บ๐—…๐—‚๐—๐—’ ๐—‡๐–บ๐—†๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐–ธ๐—ˆ๐—ˆ ๐–ฉ๐—‚๐—†๐—‚๐—‡ ๐–บ.๐—„.๐–บ. ๐–ธ๐—Ž ๐–ช๐–บ๐—‹๐—‚๐—‡๐–บ, ๐—‚๐—Œ... More

INTRODUCTION
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
announcement!!!
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 28

1K 44 6
By winterskarina

Winter's POV

"Dad!?" I froze.

"Oh my daughter." I heard a voice from behind and I'm certain that it's Karina's father. I saw Karina glanced at me before walking passed me. I turned around and saw them greeting each other, including that jerk, Hyunjin.

I was still staring at them but Giselle beckoned me to join them. I nodded and proceed to walk my way towards them. I glanced at Karina and I noticed how nervous she is.

"Uhmm hi." I greeted Karina's father but he just eyed me, from head to toe, I never felt so insulted before. I glanced at Karina and I saw that she was staring at me.

"Oh I almost forgot, Dad this is Winter, my b-bodyguard." Karina said with a slight stuttering. I was quite a bit disappointed at how she forgot to introduced me to her dad. It's okay, I need to endure this :).

Her Dad scoffed while eyeing me. I just ignored it and gave him a smile.

"Is this your bodyguard princess?" He said while pointing his fingers on me. I glanced at Karina and I saw how she gulped before nodding.

"Yes sir." I answered and he just raised his eyebrow at me. Karina looked at me with her nervous eyes.

"I am not talking to you." Did he just told me to shut off? Okay, well, that was rude.

"Yes dad." Karina spoke up.

"What has gotten in your mind? Are you insane, dear? You can let Hyunjin to protect you, not that skinny, weakling, and pale looking woman." Her dad snorted and turned to Hyunjin. I looked at Karina and she wasn't looking at me. I felt my chest getting tight, and my heart crashing into my ribs when I saw the look on her face.

"I-i'm sorry dad." Did she just apologized? For what? For having me as her bodyguard? Why? Am I not doing my job right? Why? Instead of defending me, she just apologized? I don't understand, and I won't. I started to feel my eyes getting heavier, this is too much to bear.

"Excuse me for a moment, I need to go to the restroom." I bowed to them and started to sprint my way to the restroom without even glancing at Karina.

When I reached the restroom, I hurriedly ran to the sink to wet my face with the water. I looked at myself at the mirror for a moment. All I see is a woman, a pale looking one. Maybe he's right, maybe Karina should have her fiancé instead of a weakling like me.

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath as I felt tears rolling down on my cheeks. It's just been a week since our relationship started, but a lot of things happened, and it's hurting me.

"You okay?" I flinched when I heard Giselle's voice behind me. I quickly washed my face to remove my tears. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you crying?" She asked with a concern tone. I just shook my head and gave her a small smile. Giselle sighed.

"Is this about Karina's dad? Don't mind him, he's been like that since the first time I've met him." I just sighed.

"Did Karina told you something?" I asked hoping to get a 'yes' from her.

"What? About what?" I frowned at her response. So she haven't told anyone about us, even her most trusted friend and that hurts a lot huh.

"Nevermind." I said and was about to go outside but Giselle blocked my way with her arms stretched sideward.

"Spill it Winter. What is it? What's that something?" I sighed, I'm getting confused now, should I tell her or what? Should I let Karina tell her? Heh, I'm sure she won't so I'll be the one to do it if she can't.

"Listen, I don't want you to spread this nor tell this to Karina, okay? I want you to keep your mouth shut." Giselle nodded. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"Karina and I have been dating for a week. Four days ago, she decided to keep our relationship private because she doesn't want some problems or issues and I agreed to that but it hurts me a lot, you know? Knowing that she has a fiancé. I mean, I already knew it in the first place but I took the risk to date her because I do love her sincerely, but now, I think.. it's too much to handle." There I said it and Giselle looks so shocked at what I've told her.

"Oh, that sucks Kim. I just wish the best for the both of you. I don't like that Hyunjin either." Giselle chuckled and bid farewell to me. I just waved at her and she left. I spaced out for a moment before leaving.

-

"What took you so long?" Karina asked me and I just shrugged. Her dad was busy talking to Hyunjin at the exit. I kept my attention to them while trying my best to ignore her.

"What's wrong?" She asked but I didn't respond.

"Winter.." she called but I just kept my mouth shut.

"Baby, I'm talking to you.." I turned to her and she looks so worried but I won't let my guard down. I kept a blank face and Karina seems so shocked.

"What's your plan?" I asked coldly and she just shrugged.

"I don't know. I didn't expected this to happen, I didn't know that dad's here.. I'm sorry." Karina explained but I just stared at her.

"I'm not talking about that." I said which made her confused.

"Then what?"

"I'm talking about us." I said trying to keep my blank face. Karina sighed and looked down.

"Winter, I don't want to complicate things, now that dad's here.. I don't want to make him angry.." I chuckled bitterly at her response, right.

"Then why did you got into a relationship with me? What the hell Karina? Tell me, why?" I was refraining myself from crying, fuck, this pain is too hard to handle.

"Winter.. I don't want to argue with you.. please.." Karina said without looking at me. I clenched my fist as tears rolled down.

"Do you think I'm arguing with you? I just wanted to clear things up Karina! The thoughts of you keeping me a secret has been killing me! And it hurts, it hurts a lot Karina. I didn't expect these things to happen." I said in a cracked voice. Karina looked at me but I just averted my gaze from her.

"Winter... I-"

"You're what? You're sorry again?That's bullshit, Karina." I said while she's trying to pull me into a hug.

"I'll make it up to you tomorrow, I promise.. I'm sorry we had to do this, for the sake of us.. I love you, okay? It's all that matters now." I just sighed and turned my back on her but I felt her body pressed against mine. I froze at how warm she was and it's comforting. I took a deep breath before facing her.

"You promise?" I asked and she nodded.

"How long are we going to keep our relationship private?" I added and I saw her sigh.

"This would be over soon, okay? I'll try to convince dad to cancel the wedding." Karina said and gave me a reassuring smile. I sighed and pulled her into a hug.

"Be grateful that I love you." I teased and she broke the hug.

"Dad's coming.." she whispered to me and I straightened up my posture to greet Mr. Yu.

"Let's eat dear.. come with us." He said to Karina. She glanced at me, it looks like she wanted my permission so I just raised my eyebrows at her.

"Okay dad. I'll bring her with m-"

"You don't have to.. Hyunjin's with us anyways, he's enough to keep you safe. Let's go." He said. Karina sighed and gave me an apologetic look before leaving.. Fuck..

-

"Unnie where's my toothbrush?" Ningning asked me.

"On the sink.." I responded. Karina and I didn't have enough time for each other a while ago. She's been busy with her father and her fiancé while I was busy working with her paperworks. I understand her, he's her dad..

"You okay unnie?" Ningning suddenly appeared in front of me while brushing her teeth. I just nodded and it looks like it convinced her. My phone suddenly vibrated and it was a message from Karina.

today 9:36 pm

from girlfriend❤️: hi baby, just got home.. I wonder if you're asleep by now..

from girlfriend❤️: I miss you already :(

I smiled at her sweetness, gosh, I really couldn't resist her..

to girlfriend❤️: don't worry, I miss you the most ^^

to girlfriend❤️: by the way, did you have fun?

from girlfriend❤️: kinda.

from girlfriend❤️: I really wish you were with me  :(

to girlfriend❤️: don't be sad

to girlfriend❤️: let's just set a date for us, tomorrow.

to  girlfriend❤️: since it's our day off.

from girlfriend❤️: I would love to!

from girlfriend❤️: great! let's meet at the park, 9 am okay?

from girlfriend❤️: noted baby.

from girlfriend❤️: see you!

to girlfriend❤️: see you baby.

to girlfriend❤️: I love you

from girlfriend❤️: I love you too.

from girlfriend❤️: good night.

I couldn't help myself but to smile at how cute she is. I charged my phone and prepared myself to sleep, tomorrow's our first date, I wanna make it memorable.

-

I woke up due to the sound of my alarm. I reached for my phone and turned it off. I sat up and wake myself up, I feel so excited about our date today. When my soul's awaken, I stood up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After brushing my teeth, I hurriedly went to my drawer to pick some fancy clothes. I frowned when I realized that I don't have a choice but to wear a long sleeves turtle neck and a trouser. Great Minjeong, fucking great. I rushed to the bathroom again to take a bath.

After finishing all my hygiene routine, I dressed up and check myself on the mirror.

"Handsomely pretty," I murmured to myself. I grabbed my wallet and phone and put it inside my pockets. I took a deep breath before leaving.

-

I'm already here at our meeting place, I checked my wristwatch and it's only 8:10 am. I guess I'm too excited for this date. I sat on a bench and started thinking about things to kill time. An idea popped inside my head and I liked it. I stood up and wandered my eyes. There I saw a jewelry shop across the street.

I walked my way inside the store and I was surprised at the jewelries around me. So fucking beautiful and expensive at the same time. I was wandering my eyes but a necklace caught my eye. I moved closer to see it and it was beautiful. It's a gold necklace with a heart-shaped diamond on the center. I quickly grabbed it and went to the cashier for the price.

"How much is it?" I asked.

"10,000 USD ma'am." I kinda felt sad when I heard how expensive it was. I really wanted to give this to her.

"Uhmm.. is there any other way to pay this? I mean.. can I just pay a down payment? If it's okay?" I pleaded.

"Let me ask my manager ma'am." She said and I nodded.  I'm getting nervous and excited here, I'm hoping that the manager would approve it. Minutes after, a middle-aged woman came out with the cashier.

"So you wanted a down payment for this?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"How can I be so sure that you will not run away from us?" the lady asked with her arms crossed, I gulped.

"After I signed an agreement, you can have my company ID if you want." I said and she nodded which made me happy.

"The down payment would be 3,500 USD." I can afford it, I have my savings with me. As soon as I handed her the money, she gave me a paper to sign and I did. The cashier gave me a bag with the necklace in it. I thanked them for being so kind to me and left the store happily.

I sat on the bench and waited for her to come. I'm hoping that she would love this.

It's already 8:50 am, still no sign of her. Karina's usually early when it comes to things like this. I grabbed my phone to text her.

to girlfriend❤️: baby where are you? I'm right here on the bench, I'll wait for you okay?

Minutes passed by and it's already 9 am, I still couldn't see any sign of her.

to girlfriend❤️: baby.. are you on your way?

to girlfriend❤️: I'll be waiting for you

to girlfriend❤️: I love you :*

I placed my phone down and distract myself with the children playing. About 30 minutes passed by, I still haven't received a reply from her, I'm getting worried.

to girlfriend❤️: baby, are you okay? I'm worried

to girlfriend❤️: pls reply.

to girlfriend❤️: I have something for you..

I sent those messages and distract myself again. A few minutes later, my phone finally vibrated. I excitedly grabbed my phone to read her message.

from girlfriend❤️: I'm sorry baby, I couldn't make it there.. something came up :(

from girlfriend❤️: I'm sorry I wasn't able to tell you earlier.. I love you :(

I felt a sudden pang on my chest when I read her messages, my eyes started to get heavier as tears fell down.

'I fucking hate this world.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 22.4K 56
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
787K 31.2K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
263K 11.9K 35
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
109K 2.1K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...