AGAINST THE TIDE Book #2

By jmhallewell

Marcelle and Vittoria are on a path that challenges their union and choice to be in love. Will they cave into... More

Author's Note
Cast
Prologue
Chapter One: For Love
Chapter Two: Locked Doors
Chapter Three: Incompetence
Chapter Four: Succumbing
Chapter Five: An Admission
Chapter Six: It's A Sin
Chapter Seven: Intention
Chapter Eight: Ex Wife
Chapter Nine: Aged Fine Wine
Chapter Ten: Untold Secrets Part 1
Chapter Eleven: Understanding
Chapter Twelve: An Older Friend
Chapter Thirteen: The Sister
Chapter Fourteen: The Siblings
Chapter Fifteen: The Bid
Chapter Sixteen: Si Signor
Chapter Seventeen: She Loves Me
Chapter Nineteen: Labelled
Chapter Twenty: Reactions
Chapter Twenty One: Silence
Chapter Twenty Two: Solved
Chapter Twenty Three: Precedence
Chapter Twenty Four: Untold Secrets Part 2
Chapter Twenty Five: In Marseilles Part 1
Chapter Twenty Six: In Marseilles Part 2
Chapter Twenty Seven: Rehab
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Parents
Chapter Twenty Nine: Welcome Home
Chapter Thirty: Home Is Best
Chapter Thirty One: The Hit
Chapter Thirty Two: Messages For You
Chapter Thirty Three: Transition
Chapter Thirty Four: Her Jealousy Part 1
Chapter Thirty Five: She's Back
Chapter Thirty Six: Little Diavolo
Chapter Thirty Seven: It's Personal
Chapter Thirty Eight: Ciao Chica
Chapter Thirty Nine: Her sisters
Chapter Forty: Her Jealousy Part 2
Chapter Forty One: A Good Day?
Chapter Forty Two: Unexpected
Chapter Forty Three: Red Part 1
Chapter Forty Four: Red Part 2
Chapter Forty Five: Love Me Forever
Chapter Forty Six: A Good Streak
Chapter Forty Seven: A Dream
Chapter Forty Eight: Wake Up Dear
Chapter Forty Nine: The Parking Lot Beef
Chapter Fifty: Too Many Hands
Chapter Fifty One: The Mothers
Chapter Fifty Two: Bickering Pair
Chapter Fifty Three: Love Me Forever Part 1
Chapter Fifty Four: Love Me Forever Part 2
Chapter Sixty: Love Me Forever Part 3
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen: He Loves Me Too!

406 66 59
By jmhallewell

Vittoria's POV
I took off the diamond necklace after trying it on. I love it. Marcelle can be very thoughtful. I did not expect this.

"Signora, your plane leaves in half an hour, we should get going." One of the bodyguards informed me.

"In a moment. Has the bottle if wine arrived?"

"Not yet."

All morning I have been looking for a bottle of wine. It's Marcelle's favorite. I want to take it to him as a gift. It's a rare bottle. It's funny how it's from the Balotelli Winery but I couldn't seem to get it for a Balotelli until I called Miki and he made calls to get me one. He was very helpful. He loves his brother.

"I'm waiting for it. I must leave with it. Scusi." I answered my phone. "Hello?"

"Vittoria." It's Vienna.

I haven't heard from her since the night of her birthday. It has been almost a month since.

"Hi."

"I'm so sorry honey. I haven't exactly been around. Vicar confined me to rehab... again and it has caused me a pretty penny to make this call. I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and I'm sorry for the manner in which I behaved."

"Rehab is good for you. You need it."

"Are you upset with me?"

I want to say yes but I don't really know her that well and I don't expect anything from her. I shouldn't.

"No Signora I'm not. I have to go. I wish you a quick recovery. Bye." I hanged up.

Ethan told me to stop trusting everyone. I need to be more careful with people especially the Northcotts. Vicar didn't have the best intentions that night.

Sherry:
Screenshots please.

Me:
What do you mean? Why are uo so early? 😂 It's not even 7am!

Sherry:
I'm excited on your behalf. Did you ask him? Did he respond? Don't narrate. Send me screenshots of your conversations!

I sent her the screenshots she wants

Sherry:
Girly scream! Is it possible to record your conversations?

Me:
Stop being creepy. I am going to Napa. I'll tell you what happens. Any tips?

Sherry:
Of course! Pack lingerie and I hope you went to the spa like I told you. You have to be a smooth as a newborn.

Me:
Spa✅
Lingerie

Sherry:
You're set. Word of advise, don't say no to the guy. Just let yourself feel. Shut down your mind and allow yourself to only feel. Trust me Vee, you will love it! Dint come back a virgin or I swear we are over!
Lots of 😘😘 😘

Allow myself to feel... That is what I want. I want to feel everything he has to offer. But it all depends on how it will go when I see him. It all depends on his response to my declaration of love. I hope that this once he will reciprocate. If he doesn't I'll have to end this relationship because it's not going anywhere.

Am I being too harsh on him? Is it too much to want his heart?

I answered my phone again. "Miki, it's not here yet."

"Vittoria, it's Emilia."

"Oh." I sighed.

There was a long moment of awkward silence.

"Oh? That's all?" She asked me.

What does she expect? She has not spoken to me in over a year. She judged me harshly and ignored me all this time. I'm surprised to hear from her but I'm hurt too. She was my only family and she cast me out because I was suddenly beneath her. I have fought not to deal with the sadness she caused me. Now she calls me.

"What else is there to say?"

"Vittoria, you sound different. Perhaps we should speak in person."

"Perhaps. I have to go now. Take care." I hanged up.

I'll deal with that later.

"Signorina, your package is here." The bodyguard brought the bottle of wine.

"Grazi. Now I'm ready. We can go."

They picked my bags and I followed.

I really hope his response is what I want to hear, the only thing I want to hear.

Marcelle's POV
She's not wearing a bra.

I'm starting to feel very confused by Vee's behavior. She seduces and teases me and then she turns me down. I'm not w boobs kind of guy but how can I ignore the youthful perky sets? I want to fondle, kiss and pay homage to each one. I forced my eyes away from the full moulds on her chest. I think if I look closely, I'll see the dark tips. How did she leave the house like this? My eyes dropped to the long toned legs. The dress is short. She has never willingly worn something this short.

Dio!

She came here armed to destroy me. All she needs are little things like this and I loose my mind. A missing bra, probably no underwear and a little dress that floats in the wind. She's not even trying to hold it together. Emilia should see what her little nun has become.

She leaped into my arms, wrapping her long legs around my waist and m her arms around my neck. I cupped her bottom to hold her up as our lips met in a powerful embrace.

She tastes so good! She is enjoying this. Her chest pressed up against mine. They feel so soft. Her sweet scent flooded my nostrils. I gathered her dainty body in closer in my arms. My hand moved over her bottom. I grabbed firm hold of it. She's not wearing underwear. She moaned and pulled away for my lips. "Did you sit down?"

"Ay! Eventually." She smiled at me. The warmth of her fingers grazed the side of my face. "Your eyes are very blue."

"Hey beautiful."

She blushed softly. "Hey."

"Welcome to Napa." I took her hand.

We walked towards my car. I chose one of my favorite classics from my collection. It's a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT. It was a gift from Reli. I love this car. I have driven it once. I was with him. We took a road trip.

I have been thinking of ways to tell Vee that I love her too. I have thought of many ways to do so but I finally settled on a road trip south. I have reserved an entire villa and a few things we can do together for the two days we will be there. I hope to do more than just say I love her.

I gently set her down on her feet. The bodyguards put her bags in the trunk.

"I love this!" She ran her hand over the slick red car. I don't know why Reli thought of giving me a red car. He said I'm scared of color and I need more of it in my life. "Not everything is grey, black and blue" is what he said.

I got the door for her. "Thank you."

I pulled a seat belt over her, my hand brushing against the warm softness of her supple breasts. She kept smiling. She knows what she's doing.

"For a moment there I was worried you won't show." I was at the airfield on time but she arrived about half an hour late.

"There was traffic in the sky." She laughed softly.

I glanced her way and got lost in her beauty. It's not just physical anymore. She has this warm beautiful personality that has grown on me. When I think of her I find myself smiling and there's no second of my life when I don't think of her. I'm certain that telling her how I feel is the best way forward. It's one if the next two crucial steps I need to take.

I squeezed her knee with a smile in my face.

"You're funny."

"I was late because I was looking for something."

"Did you find whatever it is you were looking for?"

"Yes. I hope you love it."

"Is it your bra?" I decided to let her know I have noticed she's flaunting the perfect pair. She lets me touch but nothing serious.

She cupped them and burst out laughing. She's distracting me from the road. "I knew you would like it. You like it, si?"

"I like it." I told her. "Even the absence of an underwear."

She screamed in a chuckle. The excitement is rubbing off on me. "I am wearing one." She blushed.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed. "I want to see it."

"When you are driving?" She asked me. "You will crash the car."

"Is it that good?" I chuckled. "When we get to where we are going, show me."

"Where are we going?" She pushed her hair back. The wind is very needed on this hot day. For me it's more than the weather. I'm bricking up inch by inch and by the time we get to the villa, well... It will be obvious where my mind is.

"It's a surprise. You'll love it."

"How long are we staying there? I packed for a year."

"I was thinking two years? Did you pack enough for two years?" She laughed softly. "Tow days. I have to work bambina."

"It's enough." She settled into her seat.

We drove the rest of the way in comfortable silence. At around 4pm in the evening, we arrived at the villa. It's a simple villa. Three bedrooms, a pool and a guest house for the bodyguards. There's a vineyard, something that is not exciting to me but very charming. Tomorrow we will do some serious wine making and tasting.

"Look at this!" Vee exclaimed at the set up tea table. "Doughnuts!"

She loves those cream pastries. I always pick up a box for her on my way to the penthouse. She bit into one. She moaned and I can't help but wish to have her moan like that for me.

"Enough." I snatched it from her.

"You should taste-"

I tasted her lips instead, tasting the chocolate on them and bits of sweetness left over. I lifted her to sit on the table. Some of the cups fell off and broke startling her to a stop. "Oh no!"

I gripped her jaw to make her look at me.

"I'll pay for them. Pay attention to me... per favore. Pay attention to me..." I searched the big curious brown eyes. "Vittoria, I have fallen in love with you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

530K 13.4K 32
Trying to move on from the past Dorothy does everything possible to keep it behind her; especially him. But what happens when he tries to step back i...
1.8K 9 35
Laura has no other choice than to escape from her abusive household and leave the country. What happens when she encounters the dangerous and irresis...
407K 10.7K 28
(Mature Audiences) It took Armani almost 3 years to find Amalia and now that he finally has her back he never plans on letting her go. But, when some...
71.5K 3.6K 33
I just wanna be an escape. Baby can we escape ----------------------------- This is the story of two people who are seeking an escape. Two different...