MATILDA, eddie munson.

By -FUCKTHEPATRIARCHY

matilda, you talk of the pain like it's all alright, but i know that you feel like a piece of ... More

MATILDA.
PLAYLIST.
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
016.
018.
019.
020.
021.
022.
023.
024.
025.
026.
027.
028.
029.
030.
031.
032.
033.
034.
035.
036.
037.
038.
039.
040.
041.
042.
043.
044.
045.
046.
047.
048.
049.
050.
051.
052.
053.
054.
055.
056.
057.
058.
059.
060.
AUTHORS NOTE.

017.

17.9K 654 807
By -FUCKTHEPATRIARCHY

FEBRUARY 21ST, 1986
📍cunningham house
7:39 AM

the girl stared at her pale complexion in her bathroom mirror. she stood in her underwear alone, looking at her body. a tear rolled down her cheek as she remembered all the places he touched her.

today marked two months since her assault, and the anniversary seemed to have caused all the bad thoughts to come back.

she took a deep, shaky breath and left her bathroom to go her closet and pick out some clothes. she settled on a pair of loose, blue jeans and a dark grey, oversized sweatshirt, along with her converse.

heading back into her bathroom, she realized there was little point in trying to cover her eye bags. she decided to add a layer of mascara to her lashes, before pulling some of her hair out of her face and tying it back into a half up-half down style.

deciding she looked decent enough, she headed downstairs. "matilda, you look awful," her mother said upon seeing her.

"gee, thanks," matilda replied, pouring herself a glass of water. "good morning to you too."

"you alright, tils?" chrissy asked, her voice full of concern.

"fine," matilda dismissed, finishing off her drink. "ready to go?"

🪐📻🏹

FEBRUARY 21ST, 1986
📍hawkins high school
13:58 PM

she had a free period, and thankfully so did eddie, so the pair had planned to meet up at their spot to work on a few pages of the scrapbook together.
they'd only completed the first time period needed, but it was coming along nicely.

"there she is," eddie smiled as she arrived. "hey, you."

"hey," she replied, taking a seat opposite him. "sorry i'm late."

"don't stress it," he told her. "did you bring the stuff?"

she nodded, opening her bag to take out the scrapbook, and a pencil case full of pens, scissors and glue.

"okay, so we need to stick those last few cutouts in, and finish the outlining on the cover," eddie said, looking at matilda, who frankly looked exhausted. "what's the matter?" he questioned, brows gently furrowed.

tillie shook her head. "nothing. i'm fine," she answered. "just tired, that's all."

"liar," eddie said.

matilda sighed loudly. "listen, can we just not? you just start sticking," she handed him the glue, taking the thick, black marker for herself. "i'll start outlining."

eddie was confused at her attitude, but began gluing a picture of surgical tools into the book. his eyes darted up back towards matilda, and he saw her biting her lip, a habit she tended to do when she was anxious or upset.

he put the glue down flat on the table. "mattie, what's wrong?"

she scrunched her eyes up and took a deep breath. "nothing," she swallowed, her voice breaking slightly. "didn't you hear me? i'm fine."

"mattie.." eddie said softly. "talk to me."

turning her head to the left, she tried to steady her breathing, avoiding looking at eddie, because she knew if she did, she would end up falling apart. she shook her head firmly. "i can't."

"yes, you can," he told her, grabbing her hand from across the table.

taking a deep inhale, she turned to face him. "sorry, i'm just emotional. it's been, uh, two months today since.. you know."

"oh, shit. it has," eddie said, recalling the date. "how are you doing?"

matilda forced a smile, though she could feel a ball forming at the back of her throat. "perfectly fine."

eddie stood up from his place opposite her and walked around so he was stood in front of her. "stand up," he said to her.

the girl did what he said, and the height difference was noticeable as she stared up at him and he looked down at her lovingly. he wiped a stray tear that had escaped her eye with his thumb, and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"can i hug you?" he asked softly. "is that okay?"

chewing on the inside of her mouth, the blonde hesitated for a moment, before nodding slowly.

he gently pulled her to his chest, wrapping her arms around her and encasing her in his warmth.

and the second she felt the safety of his arms around her, she broke down crying.

he began hushing her, stroking the back of her head with his hand. "it's okay. i've got you, princess."

matilda tried to pull back. "i'm going to get mascara on your top," she told him through soft sobs.

he pulled her back in, holding her closer than before. "i don't care about a mascara stain, i care about you," he whispered against her forehead.

they stood like that for a few minutes, finding comfort in the other. eventually, tillie's breaths began to pace as she started to calm down.

she pulled away from the embrace, and eddie took her face in his hands to wipe away the excess tears.

"you want to go get milkshakes?" he asked quietly.

tillie let out a light laugh. "what?"

"milkshakes. my treat," he smiled.

matilda looked back at the scrapbook that lay on the table. "uh.."

"we can do it another time," eddie told her. "we've got plenty of time to finish it. right now, i think you need a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake to boost your mood."

"i need to be back to drive chrissy home," tillie said in response.

eddie lifted up his left wrist, reading his watch. "we have an hour. that's enough time to get a milkshake and get back here. what do you say?"

the girl smiled and nodded. "okay."

📻🪐🏹

FEBRUARY 21ST, 1986
📍danah's diner
14:16 PM

walking into the mainly empty diner, eddie was immediately greeted by a middle-aged woman with beautiful mocha skin, and bright hazel eyes.

"my favorite customer," she said, putting her take of wiping down tables on pause.

"my favorite diner owner," eddie responded. "how are you doing?"

"i'm good, hun," the woman answered, before her eyes landed on matilda. "now, who's this pretty lady and why have i never seen her before?"

eddie laughed awkwardly. "danah, this is matilda. mattie, this is danah," he introduced the two women.

"it's a pleasure to meet you, matilda," danah grinned.

"you too," tillie replied politely.

danah gestured them towards an empty booth near the window, allowing them to take a seat. there were only a few other customers, all enjoying burgers and shakes. "what can i get you both today?"

"can i get my usual?" eddie smiled, as the woman wrote the order in her notepad. "and for this pretty lady.. what do you want, mattie? did you want the reece's one or a different flavor?"

"reece's is great, thank you," matilda replied.

danah nodded, scribbling down tillie's order as well. "i'll go get those made for you. won't be too long," she said, walking away.

matilda turned to eddie. "how did you know reece's was my favorite?"

"you told me," eddie answered. "remember? that time in history when we were bored and just asking each other random questions, i asked what your favorite candy was, you said reece's because the combination of chocolate and peanut butter is simply unbeatable."

"i know, i'm just.. surprised you remembered. it seems like such a while ago," she said, a small grin present on her face. "do you just remember every conversation you have or something?"

"only conversations with you."

📻🪐🏹

FEBRUARY 21ST, 1986
📍 danah's diner
14:43 PM

she sat sipping on the last of her milkshake, listening to eddie talk about his band's recent gig. she adored the way his eyes lit with passion when he talked about his music.

"and yeah, i know, a crowd of eleven people isn't much, but it's our biggest yet. and everyone has to start somewhere, right?"

matilda nodded in agreement. "definitely. just keep persisting, who knows. maybe you'll be the next guns n' roses."

"that's the dream, baby," eddie sighed in contentment. he looked down and saw the time on his watch, saddened by their time coming to an end. "we better get finishing up."

tillie nodded, standing up. "i just need to use the bathroom," she told him. "do not pay for me, okay?" she said in a warning tone, walking towards the toilets.

"do not be doing anything other than peeing, okay?" he hollered back. "if you're in there for more than three minutes max, i will kick the cubicle door down, got it?"

"aye, aye, captain," she pushed the door and entered the bathroom.

eddie grabbed their empty glasses and headed towards the counter, placing them on top. "how much do i owe you, d?"

"six-fifty," the woman replied. "and the promise that you won't hurt her."

eddie dug the money out of his jeans pockets. "i promise," he said. "and if i happen to break that promise, come find me at the trailer park and kill me in my sleep."

"will do," danah nodded, taking the money and putting it in the register. "i was watching you guys over there talking. she's a keeper."

"i know," eddie said, running a hand through his hair. "believe me, i'm going to keep her for as long as possible."

the woman smiled at the boy. "oh, how i wish to be young again," she commented.

just then, matilda exited the toilets, heading towards them. "you didn't pay for me, did you?" eddie raised his hands in defense. "eddie!"

"i'm sorry," he laughed. "i did tell you earlier it was my treat."

matilda crossed her arms over her chest. "fine. but next time, i'm paying."

"aye, aye, captain," eddie mocked, making the girl roll her eyes in fake annoyance.

"well," danah started, watching the teens. "it was really nice to meet you, matilda. i hope to see you soon."

"you too," the blonde replied.

"and eddie," the older woman added. "don't break that damn promise."

📻🪐🏹

FEBRUARY 21ST, 1986
📍hawkins high school
14:57 PM

they pulled into the school parking lot a few minutes early, leaving tillie time to thank her friend.

"thank you so much for everything today," she told him. "seriously, thank you."

"my pleasure, princess," he replied with a smile. "i'm happy you're feeling better."

"yeah, well that's all thanks to you," the blonde told him. "you make everything better."

they stared at each other for a moment, before tillie leaned forwards and planted a kiss to his cheek. "thanks again. and sorry for the mascara on your shirt. it will wash out, i promise."

"i don't know," eddie furrowed his brows. "i might just let it stay there. a nice souvenir of today, huh?"

matilda opened the door of eddie's van, stepping out. "you're so weird sometimes, you know that?"

"i remind myself that on a daily basis," he told her, as she closed the car door. "see you tomorrow, princess."

"see you, weirdo," matilda grinned, watching him pull out of the carpark, as she began to head to her own car.

seconds after she'd climbed in, chrissy arrived, straight from cheerleading practice. she got in the passenger seat and looked at her sister.

"well, someone's smiley."

📻🪐🏹

someone take me to a diner to get milkshakes when i'm sad pls

no but where do i find an eddie? do you think they sell them on ebay or??

anyways this is the longest chapter to date so go me!!

this is not the end of danah she will turn up a few more times do not worry! i adore her.

WORD COUNT — 1918.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 1.5K 17
𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗲 , 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀𝗻' 𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 ❞ these repeating realities these incessant torment completed.
1.1M 45.3K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
16.9K 755 5
(bungou stray dogs x male reader) a ten year old trusted with a rather powerful ability, what does y/n use his ability for? and does being dazai's br...
34.6K 1.1K 13
{An AU in which Blair Wilde is in the DCEU, on a team known as Task Force X} One day Blair Wilde was sitting in the Batcave with her feet up on the d...