MATILDA, eddie munson.

By -FUCKTHEPATRIARCHY

matilda, you talk of the pain like it's all alright, but i know that you feel like a piece of ... More

MATILDA.
PLAYLIST.
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
014.
015.
016.
017.
018.
019.
020.
021.
022.
023.
024.
025.
026.
027.
028.
029.
030.
031.
032.
033.
034.
035.
036.
037.
038.
039.
040.
041.
042.
043.
044.
045.
046.
047.
048.
049.
050.
051.
052.
053.
054.
055.
056.
057.
058.
059.
060.
AUTHORS NOTE.

013.

18.2K 683 422
By -FUCKTHEPATRIARCHY

FEBRUARY 10TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
16:33 PM

the basketball match was well underway, and frankly matilda was bored. the only reason she was here was to support chrissy during her cheer routine, but that was over and done with a while back.

unlike the previous game, myles was playing today. and everytime he scored, or helped one of his teammates to, he would find matilda in the crowd and wink at her, as if she was his proud, little girlfriend.

"isn't jason so talented?" chrissy blushed, loud enough for the blonde boy to hear. he turned around and blew her a kiss, making tillie throw up a little in her mouth.

however, she couldn't help the tinge of jealousy she felt at her twin's perfect relationship. though she wasn't jason's biggest fan, he did love chrissy, and chrissy adored him.

"he's so cute," chrissy fawned, turning to look at her sister. "don't you want someone like that, tils? someone to love you?"

"i love you, matilda, " myles said, intruding on the conversation. he leant down towards the mentioned blonde, tucking her hair behind her ear and whispering, "well, i love how good you feel."

"i will punch you again," she warned him, her voice wavering slightly.

myles took a seat beside her, taking a sip from his water bottle, still talking in a hushed tone so chrissy couldn't hear. "hm, see that's what i don't understand, mattie—"

"don't call me that," she spat.

"—matilda. you were strong enough to punch and break my nose the other day, yet you weren't strong enough to push me off you. funny, isn't it? do you wanna know my theory? i think you enjoyed it.."

"myles, go away," chrissy snapped, seeing her sister visibly pale. "myles!"

the boy raised his arms in defense, stepping up from his seat. "you know i'm right," he told tillie, before reentering the game.

"you okay?" chrissy asked her sister.

matilda nodded. "i just need some fresh air," she replied, standing up to leave the hall.

📻🪐🏹

FEBRUARY 10TH, 1986
📍 hawkins high school
16:41 PM

she found herself at the boy's toilets again, entering and closing the door behind her, leaning against it as she steadied her breathing.

"i knew you would come here," a voice said, and she instantly recognized it as eddie's.

she turned around, and saw him sat on the floor, the same place as they were last time. "sorry," she said, wiping a tear that had fell. "erm, i'll- i'll go.."

she grabbed the door handle, beginning to exit. "no, please!" eddie hollered after her. "please, just sit down and talk."

biting her lip, matilda's eyes wandered back and forth between the empty space next to eddie and the door handle her hand was wrapped around. sighing, she dropped her grip on the latter and slowly walked over to eddie, sliding down the wall and sitting beside him.

"well, i'm getting—"

"deja vu?" eddie finished for her with a grin. "me too."

tillie looked down, a small smile forming on her lips. she fiddled with her fingers, unsure if she was meant to say something, and if she was, what she should say. or, would eddie start the conversation, seeing as he was the one who'd asked to talk.

"if you haven't figure it out, but you're a smart girl so i'm guessing you have, i'm not angry at you at all," eddie started. "i just want things to go back to how they were before."

matilda swallowed, trying to figure out what to say. "i didn't mean anything i said that day."

"i know. i know you only said that to try and push me away," eddie responded.

"key word: try," tillie said, tilting her head to look at him. "you persistent, little shithead didn't make it easy."

eddie let out a huff of amusement. "i can be quite stubborn at times. i won't give up if it's something i really want. and i really want to make things right between us."

tillie turned her gaze to the floor, pulling her knees closer to her body. "i don't think i deserve you. you're caring, and understanding, and you listen to what i actually have to say. and i don't understand how someone could put up with all that shit. chrissy, i get. she's my twin, she's stuck with me. but the fact that someone i met three weeks ago has shown me more care then anyone in my life ever has, it just doesn't sit right with me. you shouldn't be wasting your kindness on me. my burdens and i don't deserve it."

"well, i think you deserve the world," eddie told her with a smile, making her cheeks flame up. "and it's an honor wasting my kindness on you. i wouldn't want to do it on anyone else."

"stop it, you're going to make me cry," she told him, burying her face in her hands. "i really don't deserve this. i'm a burden to you. i'm a burden to chrissy," she began whispering.

"stop that," eddie said, reaching across the remove her hands from her face. "you're acting as if your 'burdens' are your fault. they're not. you didn't choose for these things to happen to you."

tillie looked up at him, her eyes glossed with tears.

"besides," he started. "if you are a burden, you're a very pretty one at least."

a furious blush appeared on matilda's face, and she turned to look in the other direction so he wouldn't see. "do you know how close i am to running out of here right now?"

"i'll chase after you," he responded with a grin.

god, how is he this perfect, matilda thought. "i don't know if you'd catch me. i'm pretty good at track."

"well," eddie cleared his throat. "as stated earlier, i don't give up on the things i want," he reminded her. "i'd catch you eventually."

"i think i'd just let you catch me," tillie smiled. the way he was acting right now was making her heart skip beats and frankly she was worried she'd go into cardiac arrest any minute.

eddie grinned from ear to ear. god, she's perfect, he thought. "so are we cool? no more running away, or pushing me away? if you need me to flip a few more tables, i'm willing to do that."

the blonde hesitated for a moment, before caving it. "we're cool."

"oh, thank god," he sighed happily. "this has been a stressful nine days."

matilda cocked her head. "why, what's been going on?"

"nothing, i just missed you," he told her with a smile. "seriously though mattie, i will happily listen to all your issues and waste my kindness on you. as long as i have you."

"yeah, you've got me," matilda replied to him. "in a pretty damn tight grip too."

eddie chuckled, and the sound of it was something tillie wished she could listen to on repeat for hours.

she looked down, noticing the time on his watch. she grabbed his arm and pulled it closer, double checking the time. "i have to go," she announced, letting go of his grip. "i need to go get chrissy and drive her home."

"does chrissy not drive?" he queried, gently stroking the spot she'd just touched with his fingertip. he felt the warmth her touch had left, and craved more.

"no," tillie shook her head in response. "well, according to my parents, i'm the more.. boyish twin, i guess, and chrissy is the really girly one. she's the lady. and she shouldn't have to drive herself anywhere. that role is left up to me or jason."

"that's bullshit."

"yeah, i know," she said. "but it's what my mother thinks, and whatever she thinks goes, so.." she stood up, and began heading towards the door.

"well, princess," eddie started, pulling himself up from the ground and walking towards her. "if you ever want someone to drive you around for a change, let me know."

📻🪐🏹

they're falling omg cute cute

this chapter took me so long to write and i'm still not completely happy with it tbh

but who is ready for all the fluff coming up omg
i have so much planned you are not prepared

tysm for 2k reads!! <3

WORD COUNT — 1383.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
267K 7.1K 30
"she's mad but she's magic. there's no lie in her fire." AGAINST ALL BOOK 1 TITANS SEASON 1 (quote by charles bukowski)
268K 8.7K 49
❝tragic backstories and using the word "dude" romantically, that pretty much summed up carl grimes and elle coleman❞ [carl grimes x oc] [seasons 3-11...
14.5K 1.5K 17
𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗲 , 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀𝗻' 𝘁 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹 ❞ these repeating realities these incessant torment completed.