MATILDA, eddie munson.

By -FUCKTHEPATRIARCHY

matilda, you talk of the pain like it's all alright, but i know that you feel like a piece of ... More

MATILDA.
PLAYLIST.
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
012.
013.
014.
015.
016.
017.
018.
019.
020.
021.
022.
023.
024.
025.
026.
027.
028.
029.
030.
031.
032.
033.
034.
035.
036.
037.
038.
039.
040.
041.
042.
043.
044.
045.
046.
047.
048.
049.
050.
051.
052.
053.
054.
055.
056.
057.
058.
059.
060.
AUTHORS NOTE.

011.

19K 643 198
By -FUCKTHEPATRIARCHY

FEBRUARY 7TH, 1986
📍hawkins high school
14:59 PM

"tillie! tillie!"

matilda turned around, seeing her twin weaving through the crowd hollering at her.

things had been a little awkward between them since the previous night, and so they hadn't spoken much. tillie had also avoided the fellow blonde since the incident that morning, in worry of what she would say.

but, there was no escape this time. she turned around to look at her twin. "hey, chrissy."

"hey, i've been looking for you all day!" chrissy exclaimed. "i couldn't believe it when jason told me. and i can't believe you got a detention for it!"

"if the police didn't believe me, why would principal higgins?" matilda queried. "and, it's not like i could blame my mental health, or anything. all he'd do is schedule a meeting with the counselor right after my detention."

"is that where you're heading now?"

"yeah, you're going to have to ask jason to drive you home," tillie told her.

chrissy nodded, crossing her arms over her chest as they headed to miss hayfield's classroom. "tils, maybe a counselor would help you. i mean, last night.."

"can we not talk about last night, please?" tillie hissed. "i mean, really, i just want to forget it."

"tillie.."

"please, chrissy. just drop it," matilda pleaded, looking her twin in the eye. "i'll get through it."

chrissy swallowed, deciding to change the subject. "mother is going to kill you, you know."

"i know," tillie groaned, thankful for the conversation change. "i don't regret it one bit though. i wish i punched him harder, honestly."

chrissy rolled her eyes. "you seem a bit more cheery, at least."

"yeah, well, i guess it helped me release my anger a little," tillie explained with a shrug. "obviously, i'm not over what he did but—"

"but it helped," chrissy finished for her with a smile. the two girls reached mrs hayfield's classroom, and chrissy turned to look at her sister. "your detention's an hour?"

"yep," tillie nodded, looking into the classroom and noticing eddie wasn't there yet.

the other blonde furrowed her brows, following her twin's eyeline. "looking for someone?"

"oh, no," tillie denied, shaking her head gently. "no, i just, better get in there before she extends it an extra thirty minutes."

chrissy nodded in understanding. "right, well, i'll see you at home."

"bye," tillie said, entering the classroom.

chrissy turned on her feet and headed to meet her boyfriend so he could drop her off home, passing eddie munson in the corridors. he seemed to be heading straight in the direction of mrs hayfield's classroom, leading the girl to be confused.

she knew something had been going on between her sister and the munson boy since that day last week when she saw them quarreling on the field. and since that afternoon, tillie had been even more of an emotional mess than usual.

she thought maybe they were in a relationship, and that the argument they'd had was them breaking up. it wouldn't be the first relationship matilda had hidden from her.

there had been many boys over high school which tillie had dated, and not introduced to her family. mainly because, when she did do that, everything became serious, and that would mean more hurt for her when he inevitably left.

but whether or not her sister and eddie were dating, chrissy knew that he must've meant a lot to her if the argument left her in that state.

either way, she was determined to figure out the truth behind the great mystery of matilda cunningham and eddie munson.

📻🪐🏹

FEBRUARY 7TH, 1986
📍 hawkins high school
15:02 PM

shortly after tillie arrived at her detention, eddie strolled through the door.

"mr munson," miss hayfield spoke. "two minutes late."

"my apologies," he stated, rubbing the back of his neck. "i was, uh, peeing."

more like smoking pot, matilda thought.

as though he'd heard what she'd said, he caught her eye and winked at her.

"mr munson, you should pee in your own time, not mine," the teacher said sternly. "now sit down. i don't want to hear a peep from you in the hour."

eddie nodded and took the seat besides matilda (where else would he sit?) there were two others in detention too, one for not completing his homework and the other for throwing a ball at someone in pe.

he took out a piece of paper and a pencil, beginning to scribble doodles on it. looking up and to the left, he saw matilda focusing heavily on her math homework, figuring out some equation in her head.

she huffed, unable to find the answer. tucking her hair behind her ears, she began trying the calculation again, as he watched her adoringly, his chin resting in his palm.

📻🪐🏹

FEBRUARY 7TH, 1986
📍 hawkins high school
15:44 PM

a while had passed, and now they were well over halfway through the detention. matilda seemed to have figured out the answer to her homework, and was now just drawing in her usual notepad.

subconsciously, she began doodling eddie. his long, dark hair, his leather jacket, and the usual hellfire club tee he wore.

after explaining to her what the hellfire club actually was, he'd invited her to join it. but, matilda thought it seemed rather confusing, and weird.

"i'm already a social outcast, i don't want to become even more of one," she told him with a smile.

eddie looked over, only just being able to make out the drawing, but almost blushing when he realized it was of him. it sent a large wave of happiness and relief through his body. at least, he wasn't just being weird obsessing over a girl who didn't want anything to do with him. she thought about him too.

god, he had to make things right with her. he grabbed a clean part of his piece of paper, and slowly ripped it off, cautiously eyeing the teacher to make sure she didn't see him. he began scribbling a message on it, scrunched it up into a ball and threw it onto the blonde's desk.

furrowing her brows in confusion, tillie grabbed the ball of paper and smoothed it out, reading the note.

she blushed furiously, moving her notepad out of his view. she grabbed the note and threw it back at him, hitting him in the face, no response written on it. she turned her head to the right and rested it on the table in her arms, watching the clock as it counted down the minutes until she was free from this hell.

eddie watched her reaction. shit, she's angry, he thought. shit, shit, shit.

📻🪐🏹

okay i'm curious, how do you guys think i look? and what do you think my personality is like? i'm kind of interested to see how people view me lmao

also, how much longer do you guys think tillie and eddie should be apart??
part of me wants to keep building up the angst but my matiddie heart wants them to get back together next chapter erm 😭

also the fake note i made is so cute i might have to make more omg
i feel like eddie's handwriting would look like that idk??

tysm for 100 votes and almost 2k reads!! ily all <3

WORD COUNT — 1219.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

959K 27K 69
_ | Every night, the same dream, every morning, the same. Nightmare *** 𝗦𝗘𝗔𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗩𝗢𝗟 𝗢𝗡𝗘 & 𝗧𝗪𝗢 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗱: 𝟲/𝟬𝟮/𝟮𝟮 𝗰...
74.1K 1.1K 53
Lilly Jennings. 14 years old alone in a world were the dead are walking and trying to eat you. She's been alone for 3 months since her brother died...
7.9K 128 11
Lilith Higgins is a shy, bullied, short girl that never got any attention let alone, romantic attention. What happens when she meets a boy that gives...
1.3M 56.2K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC