Tommyinnit Reincarnates Into...

By seltelm

[ON AN INDEFINITE HIATUS] Tommy gets hit by a truck and is sent to the novel known as "The beggar that becam... More

(chapter 2) "I In Fact Did Not Expect To Meet These Characters Here"
(chapter 3) "Remembering Memories Which Do Not Belong To Me"
(chapter 4) "I'm Not Okay."
(chapter 5) "Man. Is This Blackmailing? Cause It Doesn't Fucking Feel Like It."
(chapter 6) "Haha We Are Fucked"
(chapter 7) "Am I... Dying???"
(chapter 8) "Ah I Forgot. I Almost Died. Of course This Would Happen."
(chapter 9) "I Was Left With My Thoughts."
(chapter 10)"Why Did I Forget?"
Chapter 11 Why Was Publushing This So Hard-
(chapter 12) "a Little Breathing Space"
13 "Life's Throwing Too Much Shit At Me"
14. "Life's Great When They Find out I'm Not Dead"
15. "Dear God, Stop Being So Cruel"
16 "Primemas Is Almost Here"
17 "You Get Happiness And You Get Happiness And You- Ohh.. Uhh None For Ya"

(chapter 1) "Man This Is A Shitty Start"

370 13 1
By seltelm

Tommy, who didn't have a last name was left at the orphanage presumably the day he was born. All that was with him was a shitty blanket and a note saying Tommy. Tommy doesn't blame whoever his parents were though after all they might of been tight on money or something, but come on. Atleast drop him off normally to the orphanage.

Life there was absolute garbage. The people who worked there treated the kids like shit and Tommy swears that there's mold growing in every corner of the building.

That's the only reason he liked school, he could get away from the terrible orphanage and try and be a normal kid. Though he ended up getting bullied instead so he decided to escape to the world of found family, fantasy books because he'd always wanted to belong to a family. He always wanted to be the main character in the books. The kid who finds a family out of the blue and gets to live happily ever after. He can't even count how many times the stories made him cry nor could he tell how many books he'd read anymore.

All he knew was that his favorite books were called: "The beggar that became the adopted child of a Duke." with different variations depending on which book you read. Tommy loved the storyline of the books and how the mc would end up happily living with the Watsons. But the mc wasn't Tommy's favorite character.

His favorite character was a boy named Thomas Watson, well the last name gets cut out around chapter ten of the story which had 5 books and three side stories in total. But the reason he was Tommy's favorite character even though he had only a small part to play in the book was because Tommy felt a connection to him. They were similar yet at the same time they weren't.

Thomas Watson was kind of a brat but the only reason he was like that was because he wanted attention from his family. He wanted them to look at him even if they were only glares and disgusted expression. They were still looking at him so he was happy for the smallest bits of attention he got. So when he found out that they'd adopted a kid his age and cared for them more than they ever did to him, he rightfully so felt betrayed and hurt. All he ever wanted was his family's love but all he got was disowned in the end.

Tommy started crossing the street as he fondly stared at the cover of the first book titled with no variations just "The beggar who became the adopted child of a Duke". He wishes he could reincarnate into this world. Maybe then he would of had a chance at having a happy family.

Tommy suddenly stopped in the middle of the street as he notices a bright light shine of him. He looks to the source and he froze, there was a truck going towards him at full speed.

Then everything went blank.

When Tommy woke up he expected to atleast feel some kind of warm and soft bedding but no. He woke up and felt sharp pain all over him on top of it everything felt cold and he could feel his stomach twisting in hunger. Tommy opened his eyes and noticed glass shards, gravel and stones under him, two walls beside him and one behind and one opening to what seemed to be a really old city.

Tommy tried standing up, although the pain made him feel like he was going to pass out. He tried removing as many glass shards off of himself and stumbled out of the alley to see what seemed to be a medieval city with people all around going about their lives. Tommy's head hurt, who is he? No where is he? This place isn't the fucking UK at the very least. It seemed aestheticly somewhere closer to middle eastern Europe or something.

The scent of freshly baked goods hit Tommy's nose and made his stomach growl in pain. Tommy felt like he was going to pass out. He felt peoples' stares on him and the way they wishpered and snickered at him. Was he a beggar or something?

"How shameless of him to still be in this city. He should of left it after he'd gotten disowned." One whispered loud enough for Tommy to hear. "I know right. How could he do something so disgusting and think he'd still be welcomed here. The bratty dukes son 'Thomas' should of left this place a long time ago." another one whispered back.

"Thomas? As in Thomas Watson? But doesn't he look kind of different?" another person asked with a whisper in shock. One of the people snickered and said: "He's not a Watson anymore. Saying he is, is an insult to the Watson. And I'm guessing it's just because of dehydration and not showering for a long time." Then it clicked. Tommy was in the body of Thomas Watson, the minor "villain" of his favorite book. You know when Tommy though about wanting to reincarnate into the book he didn't mean it like this. Does God hate him or something? Don't people usually reincarnate as the main character in these types of stories???

Nevertheless Tommy continued his stumble until he exited the city. The guards at the wall gladly let him out, after all he was reduced to nothing but a beggar and the city didn't like having them. One of the guards had a specific sigil on their chest plate signifying that he is one of the Watson dukedom's knights.

Tommy shook off the hurt he felt in his chest at the grin of satisfaction on their faces and kept walking till he made it to another town, though he wasn't accepted there either. The disgusted expression of the citizens were on him and all he got from begging was a hard most likely stale piece of bread. Well it was something at least.... And beggars can't be choosers so he began eating it.

After devovering the stale piece of bread, Tommy continued his way and exited the small village. Though now he felt any energy he had fading every step he took. His eyesight was slowly going black and his legs felt like they would give out any second and after walking in the forest for a few minutes he passed out cold. Was he going to die again? Would he die right after he had been reincarnated? That wasn't fair. It's never fair for him. He'll always be hated by God and brought to a sad existence everytime he reincarnated it seems.

Tommy's consciousness faded finally and he fell asleep wondering if he'll even wake up again in this body.

                  —–———————

Tommy felt something warm as his consciousness started coming back. Was he finally dead for real? Was he sent to he'll or something? "He...aking....p! " Tommy heard an unfamiliar voice yell, though he couldn't make out what he was saying. Tommy tried opening his eyes but they felt so heavy. It was so comfortable where he was laying and he didn't want to get up. But he forced his eyelids open, his eyesight blurry as he looked around. He blinked a few times to clear his vision up and he was face to face? No face to mask with some random person. "Hi." the Masked person said.

Tommy's mouth was open in shock as he tried understanding where he was. "A... Are you the devil?" Tommy asked with a stutter. "Wha- no not at all. I'm Dream. I'm not a demon lord. Though my friend's dad is." The Masked person, Dream, answered with surprise at Tommy's statement, mumbling the last part. "Wait... Dream??? As in Dream the main villain of "The beggar who became the adopted child of a Duke.". That Dream???" Tommy questioned in his mind.

Tommy felt like he was going to pass out at his realization. Dream the main villain was right in front of him. He was... Tommy's second most favorite character in the book. "Big man Dream I'm a fan of yours." Tommy said suddenly. "What? You know me? Actually if you do then don't you remember what I did to you?" Dream asked seeming to put his guard back up. "Duh. Of course. You're Dream the guy who absolutely hates the Watson family." Tommy said with a smug smile. Of course he'd know everything about his second favorite character considering that Thomas disappeared from the story after chapter 10. "And what did you exactly do big man?" Tommy asked with a confused look. He would know if Dream would of done something to Thomas after all.

"Are...you really sure you should idolize me? I mean I have tried killing your brothers before. I've even tried killing you once before. Don't you...hate me?" Dream asked in confusion and concern. "Oh yeah that-" Tommy thought. He'd forgotten that one scene where Thomas almost died cause he was too into imagining the scene. "They're.... Not my brothers anymore. I was disowned and kicked out you know big man. Probably why you didn't kill me or leave me in the forest to die. It would of done nothing to Technoblade. Not make him sad or mad. He'd probably be glad someone like me would die." Tommy said with a sad smile. Of course he wasn't the one who experienced the neglect Thomas went through but he did experience the neglect from the people at the orphanage so he knew how it felt.

Dream's shoulders seemed to drop slightly. "Would you... Like to stay with us for awhile then? You don't need to or you can leave after you're in better shape. You're injured and all and it looks like you haven't eaten in weeks. And well..." Dream offered with a voice of understandment. He understood what neglect was. Of course he would. After all that's why he became the villain. His family never cared for him, he was like Thomas. Always wanting the attention from his family even if it was negative but unlike Thomas one day, his family had enough and locked him up in the basement where he'd be starved, hit and left alone.

Once he escaped the basement he ran into Technoblade, Thomas's elder brother. The two became bestfriends and basically were like brothers till one day Technoblade stopped coming to meet Dream. Dream still kept waiting for Technoblade everyday. Even if it had been raining. Even when he was sick. He kept coming. And one day Technoblade came back only to look at Dream with disapproval. "I can't believe I used to be friends with you. Leave and never come back low life."

Those words finally broke Dream and he left that day tears rolling down his cheeks as the betrayal stabbed deeply into his heart. But he kept coming back this time trying to make Technoblade's life miserable by trying to kill him, his father and his two brothers. Though after Dream tried killing Thomas he realised that no one cared for the blond who cried for his brothers and father. They didn't care if the blond died. So Dream left. People thought it was because he couldn't see the desperate expression on Technoblade face but it was because he felt bad for Thomas who was so desparately trying to get someone to save him, or atleast to look at him with worry.

So from then on Dream never targeted Thomas anymore. He only targeted Technoblade, Wilbur and Philza in hopes of revenge against his now enemy Technoblade. And when he found out that the blond was kicked out of his home and easily replaced by the mc he felt rage. He wanted to avange Thomas. So he targeted the main character and ended up dead by the hands of his ex-bestfriend.

"Can I really... stay here?" Tommy asked even though he knew the answer. "Yeah! Of course you can. If you want to of course." Dream answered immediately. "Okay..." Tommy answered back. He felt a warm feeling in his chest for a second but that got cut off as his head started hurting. Was he having a migraine?

Well he in fact was not, instead he felt tens of thousands of memories that weren't his start filling his head. Tommy grabbed his head as he felt like it was going to explode.

"Are you okay? What's happening? Thomas?!" Dream seemed to start panicking the longer Tommy didn't reply. "S... Sorry I just got a really... shitty headache." Tommy answered as he looked back at Dream, his eyes watery as he tried containing all the grief and anger in Thomas's memories. Dream seemed to panic even more at the sight of Tommy's expression.

Then suddenly he hugged Tommy and Tommy seemed to calm down. Tommy shakily brought his hands to hug Dream and then he started crying. Dream stayed quiet as Tommy sobbed. Tommy was reincarnated into an unfamiliar yet still extremely familiar world and he was forced to remember and feel the immense amount of trauma and neglect this body had endured. On top of it the neglect he felt in his previous body followed and made him finally break into sobs.

All Dream did was hug Tommy and wait for him to calm down. And Tommy didn't need anything more. All he needed was a warm embrace from someone who actually cared. From someone who understood him. And that's exactly what he got.

After Tommy got the tiers out of his system his eyes had become puffy and he felt loved more than ever before. "Want to eat something?" Dream asked and Tommy could feel a warm smile under the mask. "Yeah... That'd be nice." Tommy answered back. "Oh and... Could you call me Tommy instead? Thomas feels kinda... You know..." Tommy asked while playing with his fingers. "Of course I can Tommy." Dream answered warmly. Tommy smiled widely at Dream and the two exited to room and started walking over to what Tommy guessed was the kitchen or dining room.

-------------------
First chapter woooooo! Hopefully y'all enjoyed it:3 I like the reincarnation trope so I wanted to make fanfic with it. I actually have the motivation to write this one and it's not ao3 exclusive like my other fic about an sbi found family thingy. My username is the same on ao3 as it is here. You can find this story on ao3 too!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

803 44 7
Really, Tommy doesn't understand why exactly he got exiled. That green teletubby fucker's probably just too much of a beta male to understand how gre...
16.3K 667 14
WARNING: This book may contain themes not suitable for a younger audience, if there's a trigger warning in the beginning of a chapter be sure to read...
19.1K 764 16
Tommy Innit Minecraft, son of one of the top heroes, didn't get to live the childhood he should've had. Now, Tommy is a 17-year-old vigilante who's f...
60.3K 1.9K 11
(This is book one) This is a story about a beloved royal family who chose to foster a child, who knew that the child that got adopted would become t...