The Writer's Assistant (ManxM...

By letsgohomehidee

The one rule Daniel has for himself? Don't date your boss. And it's the one rule he can't help but break. The... More

✏Summary✏
✏Author's Note✏
Chapter 1: Oliver Carl...Son?
Chapter 3: A Pickle
Chapter 4: A Monstrous Call
Exclusive Chapter: Oliver's POV
Chapter 5: Blue
Chapter 6: A hobbit
Chapter 7: Cats > Humans
Chapter 8: Polka dots
Chapter 9: Drop dead gorgeous
Chapter 10: The Boutique
Chapter 11: Black Suits and Ex's
Chapter 12: Are You Gay?
Chapter 13: Love Me Not
Chapter 14: A Chemical Reaction
Chapter 15: Step on me daddy
Chapter 16: An Urgent Matter
Story Branch: Aaron's side story
Q&A + character interview
Chapter 17: Strangely Perfect
Chapter 18: Drawing the Line
Chapter 19: Daddy material
Chapter 20: Love Sick
Chapter 21: Fantasies
Chapter 22: A Red Flag
Chapter 23: Touch Yourself
Chapter 24: Spread Your Legs
Chapter 25: A Quickie
Chapter 26: The Straightest Man Alive
Chapter 27: Ex's and Hoes
Chapter 28: Watashi wa numero dos
Chapter 28: How Many Fingers?
Chapter 29: All the way in...
Chapter 30: Swimming Date
Chapter 31: Waterproof Underwear
Chapter 32: Drowning
Chapter 33: Wet in the Public Showers
Chapter 34: Slow Strokes
Chapter 35: Sinking Deeper
Chapter 36: Gym Buddies
Chapter 37: Public Shower Stalls
Chapter 38: Captain Pussy
Chapter 39: Skinny Dipping
Chapter 40: Lilies and Roses
Chapter 41: Surprises
Chapter 42: Inside-Out
Chapter 43: A Squirter
Chapter 44: Congratulations, it's a girl!
Chapter 45: A Writer
Chapter 46: An Uncertain Future
Chapter 47: Forgive and Forget
Chapter 48: Bloody Mary
Chapter 49: Butt Dialling and Strippers
Chapter 50: The Villain in my Book
Chapter 51: Make-up Sex (SMUT)
Chapter 52: Hollywood's Best Gay Actor
Chapter 53: Oliver x Aaron
Chapter 54: The Last Interview
Chapter 55: Boyfriend and Lover
✨Published✨

Chapter 2: 'Tell that to your ex'

21K 1.4K 795
By letsgohomehidee

A/N: 10.06.2022

I FORGOT TO MENTION I'VE STARTED A YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!! New videos will be coming soon!

My channel:@letsgohomehidee

The amount of support this book has received in such little time 😭❤ I promise to work hard on this story!!!

Enjoy this update ♡♡

Q/A: What's your favorite story trope?

I have a weak spot for enemies to lovers 👀🚀 (might be my next book? Maybe? Hmmm stay tuned 🥸👀)

✏✏✏

Personal Assistant Rule #1: Never date your boss

~~~

"Wait, wait, honey," Jack said, moving his hands to hush me in front of my face. "You got hired to help someone get their life together when your life is a chaotic mess?"

I rolled my eyes.

"My life isn't a chaotic mess."

My best friend snorted.

"Tell that to your ex."

My jaw dropped and he quickly picked up his pink cocktail, taking a sip from the straw.

"I'm just saying," he went on. "Things didn't end well in your last relationship. I thought you said you were going to quit your agency and find another job."

I pursed my lips. He wasn't wrong. I ended up breaking the golden rule and suffered the consequences: never date your boss. I used to be the personal assistant of the superstar, Aaron Schiller. I worked for him for about a year and then he offered to extend my contract for another 12 months. I couldn't deny that he was as charming as he was on screen and that he was gorgeous from head to toe. He had a nice, deep voice, and a smile that released butterflies in your chest. He was ranked as the country's hottest man (I didn't even know there was a ranking for that).

Aaron and I became pretty close. He trusted me with all the industry's secrets as well as his own, and he confided in me when he had no one else. It made me feel special knowing that Aaron opened up to me. I was part of his small circle. Then one day, we ended up going to an after-party of a famous actress, and Aaron and I ended up getting drunk. One thing led to another and the next thing you know, we woke up naked in the same bed.

We ended up dating during the last year of our contract. He offered to extend it another year, and I was about to accept until there was this huge scandal. He and Sandra Himilton were caught shopping together in the city center, and the paparazzi snapped pictures. Titles like 'Is Aaron finally ready to settle?' Made the headlines. Aaron quickly came to me and told me that it was a misunderstanding. They had gone out for coffee and Sandra wanted to buy her friend a gift. Nothing more, but the media twisted the story.

Aaron promised to stop the rumors until his agency stopped him, telling him that this was good for social attention. Everyone was talking about Hollywood's new couple. I didn't mind at first, knowing that Aaron didn't have any romantic feelings for Sandra, but it didn't feel great seeing the man you love to be photographed with another woman. His agency made them go on fake dates for the paparazzi to gossip about. It was a social stunt, but it really helped get people's attention and increase movie sales.

Aaron and I continued dating, but something had changed. I slowly began to realize that dating him behind the scenes couldn't and wouldn't last forever. We were too different and our lives were completely different. How would his fans react if they found out that Aaron was bisexual and dating a man? What would they think if they knew that man was a normal guy - a complete commoner. It would ruin his reputation, his image, or even worse, his entire career.

He would either have to come out and it would shock everyone, and it wasn't a good type of social attention.

I decided to end things with Aaron. Our relationship was too painful for me to bear, and I couldn't continue staying his secret, but I also didn't want him to give up his passion. I knew how important his career was and I didn't want to stand between him and his dreams. Our relationship didn't end on good terms because neither of us wanted to separate. I told him I'd change agencies so we wouldn't have to stumble into each other, but I was contacted by Camilia saying that Oliver needed an assistant A.S.A.P.

I would have declined, but Oliver's stories had helped me get through some tough moments in my life - including my breakup with Aaron. Even if I didn't personally know Oliver, I felt like I owed him. His stories always had be laughing or crying, and as silly as this may sound, his stories were my escape from reality. The characters he wrote made me feel a lot less lonely, almost as if they were my friends, and they've comforted me in their own fictional way.

I imagined Oliver as a sexy, mysterious writer with classy looking glasses and nicely combed hair, and perhaps a pen lodged behind his ear just to add to his charm.

I never thought one of my biggest role models would wear quirky cartoon shirts and thick, square glasses or that he would have so much facial hair that he looked like a bush.

"How is A doing?" Jack asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. We used his initials since we never knew who was around. Jack was the only person who knew about Aaron and me. Jack was my best friend, and he worked as a designer and stylist for our company. He often did Aaron's hair and picked out his clothes for events, which was how he and I met.

"Good, probably." We haven't really spoken to each other since we broke up. We'd sometimes see each other at the company, but since there were always people around, they were simple "hi's and "hello's."

"Oh, don't act like you don't stalk his Instagram."

I felt myself redden and quickly took a shot.

"So how's the current guy you work?" Jack asked. "You said he was a writer or something?"

"Mhm," I mumbled.

"He sounds safe. Kind of boring, but safe. Who is he?"

"Oliver Carlson."

Jack's eyes widened. "You mean the guy who wrote 'Love me Not?' Dude, that story made me bawl my eyes out! You know when you finish a good book and don't know what to do with your life anymore? His writing is that good. I swear I didn't know what to do with my life for the next two weeks."

"Yeah, that's him," I chuckled quietly. Jack studied me.

"You don't seem pretty excited about this new job. Is he ugly?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I don't really know what he looks like."

He stared at me blankly, and I explained his facial hair and his house and how he slept the entire day until I left. Legend has it that he was still asleep.

"Sounds like a nightmare," he shivered. "You sure you can't quit?"

"The contract lasts a year."

"I told you your life was a chaotic mess."

I shot him a look, and he smiled sweetly.

"Oh baby, you'll be fine. I'm sure you'll find another hot man in town. Just make sure it's not someone in the industry because these celebrities can be pretty crazy sometimes," he said. "Maybe working for Oliver isn't that bad of an idea. It'll be quieter and not as hectic."

Jack and I decided to stop talking about my ex and my new boss. We drank our heart's out that night, but the entire time, I couldn't stop thinking about Aaron.

I was tempted to call Aaron, but I knew I'd only regret it when I sobered up. I went to my phone's gallery and went through our old pictures, smiling sadly as all our old memories came back. I promised myself that I'd delete them, but I always backed out last minute. Deleting our photos was like deleting a part of me.

Look, there were a lot of mistakes you could make in life, and drunk texting your ex was one of them.

How are you?

I quickly deleted the message.

Can we talk?

I deleted it.

Aaron, I-

Tears fell on my screen and I quickly rubbed them away. I turned off the screen. This wasn't doing me any good. I should leave before I end up making a huge mistake.

I sighed and stood up, stumbling out of the stalls. I accidentally bumped into someone at the entrance and staggered back.

"Sorry," I slurred, brushing past him. I went back to the bar to find Jack but couldn't find him anywhere. Where did he go? I reached into my pocket to call him but realized my pocket was empty.

Shit, where's my phone? Did I leave it in the bathroom?

Dread filled my stomach. All my pictures with Aaron were still on my phone. If someone went through the pictures and released them on the internet, it would be the end of Aaron's career!

✏✏✏

A/N: BEFORE YOU CHECK OUT, PLEASE LEAVE A VOTE!!!

Q/A: Do you like love triangles in stories?

A: I always ship the main character with the second lead that gets friendzoned so I'm always in Spain without the P 🥲

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 66.2K 30
Elliot Warren has a chronic disease. It all started back at the end of middle school. He started losing his steps in places no one else would. Then...
531K 17.4K 20
Sequel To 'Me, My Step Brother & My Best Friend' The year when Seth and Aaron were graduating, Sebastian summoned his courage and told Dominique abou...
1.4M 46K 36
Tristan is having an affair with his brother's married best friend. He decides to end the affair after David makes an unexpected announcement; Trista...
845K 67.7K 78
Manik Malhotra, CEO of Malhotra Groups, He is a private person and likes to have his own space. He has a few people he trusts and a dog he loves. A b...