A Simple Mistake || Ashton Ir...

By crazy_nashi

Mia is fresh out of high school, trying to find herself and where she belongs before she is shipped off to NY... More

A Simple Mistake
Prologue
Part 1: Mia
Part 2: Ashton
Part 3: Mia
Part 4: Ashton
Part 5: Mia
Part 6: Ashton
Part 7: Mia
Part 8: Ashton
Part 9: Mia
Part 10: Mia
Part 11: Ashton
Part 12: Ashton
Part 13: Ashton
Part 14: Mia
Part 15: Mia
Part 16: Mia
Part 17: Ashton
Part 18: Mia
Part 19: Ashton/Mia
Part 20: Mia/Ashton
Part 21: Mia/Ashton
Part 22: Mia
Part 23: Ashton/Mia
Part 24: Ashton
Part 25: Mia/Ashton
Part 26: Mia
Part 27: Ashton
Part 28: Mia
Author's Note: Playlist
Part 29: Mia
Part 30: Ashton
Part 32: Mia
Part 33: Ashton
Part 34: Mia
Part 35: Ashton
Part 36: Ashton
Author's Note
Part 37: Ashton
Part 38: Mia
Part 39: Ashton/Mia
Epilogue
Want more Ashton and Mia?

Part 31: Ashton

966 24 5
By crazy_nashi

Playlist: Scientist by Coldplay, Wherever this Goes by The Fray, One by Ed Sheeran, That Feeling by We The Kings, Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift, Back to You by Alex & Sierra, Hotel Ceiling by Rixton, Dreaming Alone by Against the Current, End Up Here by 5 Seconds of Summer,

(flashback)

His arms encircled her waist tenderly, pulling her body against his before resting his head against her naked shoulder. 'That had just happened...' He thought to himself as a smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. He lowered his lips against her skin before he brushed them over the hollow crook of her neck. He loved the way she shivered against him as he did, a faint protest escaping her lips. The sound laced with sleep as she buried her face further into the pillow. A soft chuckle erupted from his chest before he pressed a small nip to her skin before he decided to do it again; the action earning him a second protest.

"Am I bothering you?" He asked softly, his lips dangerously close to her ear now as he spoke. He knew his warm breath fanned over her skin. She hummed softly before she raised her head again, lazily looking at him with the corner of her eye.

"Yes you are... Go to sleep, Ashton." She mumbled before she closed her eyes again. He had missed this, the way she always got extremely tired after sex. The way she would be upset and cranky if he didn't allow her to fall asleep. Truth was he always did it on purpose because he enjoyed their pillow talk. That was if she did get to spend the night with him in bed.

"But I don't want to sleep yet, I could stay up all night here with you." He said, his words making her chuckle. Her laugh was something he could feel proud about; and he did.

"That's the alcohol speaking." She teased, the hint of humor in her voice making his grin grow.

"Nah, that's long gone. This is just happiness... I'm happy being here with you, Mia. Just simply lying down by your side, being able to hold you...kiss you... It makes me really happy." He whispered softly against her skin. He knew he shouldn't say those things. He shouldn't say words he might regret in the morning but he wanted to be honest. For once, with her... he just wanted to be honest.

"Stop it, Ashton... You're still drunk." She said with a sigh, her body shifting uncomfortably against his body.

"If I was still drunk, why did you kiss me?" He asked with a teasing tone, his thumb brushing over her naked hip bone as he pulled her even closer to him (if that even were possible).

"I didn't kiss you... You kissed me..." She mumbled; if he could see her face he knew her eyebrows would be furrowed and her lip would be in a thin line as she thought.

"Okay... You get a point there but you still kissed me back." He said, chuckling when she attempted to elbow him in the stomach."I remember what it's like for you to kiss me back...and that was it." He whispered softly into her ear; his voice low and seductive, the tone completely changing from before.

"You're annoying." She groaned but still he could picture the way she would be smiling as soon as she finished rolling her eyes. A thrill ran through him at the familiarity. Laying here with her was just so familiar.

"It doesn't change the fact that you still kissed me back." He pointed out again, feeling her struggling to turn around in his arms to face him. He loosened his arms and allowed her to do just that, instantly smiling the moment those chocolate brown eyes of hers met his. Even in the dim lighting that came in through her curtains from the city outside, he felt the way his chest swelled when she looked at him. She was so beautiful. And her eyes...he could get lost in them anytime. He dreamt about those eyes looking into his for weeks after she had been gone. They kept him sane and made him go crazy all at the same time while he was on the road.

His hand slowly raised to cup her cheek, carefully watching as her eyelids fluttered closed. Her eyelashes looked so dark as they fanned over her cheekbones, her lips parting as his thumb brushed over her bottom lip.

"So, I did... It's not a crime." She whispered, her voice sounding breathless. He knew her heart must be hammering inside of her chest; he knew the effect on her. As she slowly opened her eyes again his suspicions were confirmed, especially as she pressed her hands against his chest. Her failed attempt to keep some space between them in bed.

"I never said it was, love." He said with a smile, leaning forward to press a soft kiss against her cheek before his lips traveled to her jaw...to the corner of her lips.

"Ashton..." She breathed out. He knew it was a warning but the desire that was laced with that single word...it drove him crazy. After all, he loved it when she spoke his full name like that.

"Yes, darling?" He questioned, a smirk taking hold of his features; that same tone of voice from before coming back as he continued to speak. "What would you want?"

"Urgh... Don't say it that way. Why do you always need to make everything sound so dirty?" She mumbled; her eyes rolling as a faint rush of pink began to tint her cheeks. And just like that, he could already feel that desire for her swirling inside of him again. He had really missed her; all of her.

"I don't?" He asked, the words coming out full of amusement as he spoke them. Her reaction making him chuckle.

"You're an ass... Don't make me kick you out." She said, eyebrows furrowing before he surprised her by pulling her onto her back. Swiftly, his body climbing on top of hers before doing his best to hold himself up by his elbows. The last thing he wanted was to crush her body underneath his.

They were extremely close as they laid this way, their faces only inches apart in the same breathing space. Her eyes were wide and wild, full of life as they looked at him. Flashing a grin at her, he lowered his lips over to her ear; their chests touching.

"You wouldn't dare..." he whispered against her ear, feeling her shudder underneath him again before he brushed his lips along her jaw, slowly towards her lips. Only there did they come crashing down on hers in a hungry and needy kiss because when it came to her... He couldn't help but to be selfish and need more of her.

(end of flashback)

"Next!" The cashier called out pulling him out of his thoughts as Ashton ran a hand through his hair, messing it up before he stood before the register.

"Good morning, how can I help you?" The girl behind him asked him with a forced smile. Oh she definitely wasn't a morning person; this must be her living hell. In fact, none of the people working seemed genuinely happy about being there... He never understood how people could just force themselves to do something they didn't love.

"Two coffees and banana breads to go, please." He simply said, pulling out his wallet out of his back pocket so he could pay. He quickly flashed a small smile to her as he finished up the transaction and moved to yet another line to wait for his order. At this rate Mia would think he had bailed on her, just stood up and walked out. That thought made him frown.

What if Bee and Mia's roommate actually told her he had left? They had seen him leave... She would probably ask if they had seen him and they would tell him.

They needed to hurry up...

The sound of his phone ringing loudly from his pocket made his heart almost stop at the thought that it could be her. She had to be out of that shower by now... Without looking, he quickly answered the call.

"Hello." He said quickly, expecting to hear her sweet (yet probably angry) voice on the other line but instead the voice of his very angry best friend and band mate filled his ears.

"About fucking time you picked up don't you think? Where the hell are you, Ashton?" Calum screamed into the phone. He should have probably left him a note... He definitely should of texted or something...

"Oh it's just you..." He mumbled instead of apologizing, Ashton rolled his eyes as he wondered if he should just hang up and avoid the fight right now but that would only make matters worse.

"I'm running out of lies to tell so yes it's me, man." He mumbled, grumpily on the other line. Ashton uncomfortably shifted on his feet and ran a hand through his hair. All of this was making him anxious...especially the fact that the line was just not moving.

"Well, think of some more because I'll be back late... I'll miss sound check and all that shit."

"I swear to God..." He heard his friend say through clenched teeth before a sigh interrupted the silence that was beginning to extend between them. He was being a pain, he knew but he had to fix things with Mia. He couldn't just disappear again... He needed to tell her so many things and how he truly felt like he should have done that morning. "Where are you?"

"In New York..."

"This isn't funny, Irwin." He screamed again.

"I'm not trying to be, Hood." He said with a grin.

"Your order sir." The woman said from behind the counter, calling Ashton over.

"That better be breakfast for all of us and a sign that you're howling your ass back to the hotel right this instant." Calum said with a huff from the other line making Ashton laugh.

"It is breakfast but for two." Ashton said while moving forward taking a little too long it seemed because the girl looked at him impatiently as he balanced his phone between his shoulder and face as he grabbed the things.

"How sweet of you, Ashton, but you can't forget we are a band of four. Luke and Michael will get jealous if you continue being so romantic and thoughtful towards me." Ash rolled his eyes as he made his way back out into the cold streets of New York.

"It's not for you, idiot. It's for umm..." He mumbled, his voice trailing off. Should he honestly tell him what he was up to? Who he was with? He definitely didn't want to be found.

"If it's not for me who is it for, Ash? Huh?" Calum asked, curiosity lacing his words. He knew this was what he wanted to know. Although he was sure Calum knew that there was only one reason in New York he would bail on banding stuff for.

"It's for Mia... I'm with Mia..." He whispered into the phone.

"Pardon me?" Calum asked from the other line, dead silence falling between them in the line.

"I had to find her, Cal... After I saw her yesterday at the restaurant I just couldn't help myself, everything came rushing back." He said with a sigh. Had it been left or right to back to the dorms? Just what he needed... To get lost.

"And she didn't kick you out?" Calum asked.

"No... I mean she tried but then...she didn't and I spent the night but I still have some things to fix, Calum. Come on, please! I was miserable when I screwed this up last time. I think...I think I have a real chance now..." Ashton begged, feeling quite stupid by doing so. Calum was his friend, he shouldn't have to be begging for help.

"I'll think up of more excuses." Calum interrupted him on the other line.

"Are you serious?" Ashton asked, deep down hoping it was for real. He needed this.

"Don't make me regret this, Irwin... And I need to know where you are. You can't just disappear like that again; I was really worried last night and then your phone kept going to voice mail. Just don't scare me like that again." Calum said with a sigh and for once Ashton felt guilty about bailing on them. They were his family and Calum had really pulled through for him when Ashton had been about to lose it two months ago.

"I'm sorry." Ashton said, smiling as he saw the dorms at the end of the street. He wasn't lost after all. He just hoped Mia was still there and that she wouldn't be ready to kill him because he had just disappeared for a bit. He prayed coffee would be enough of an apology... he probably should have gotten her a bigger one.

"Promise me something, Ash. If it doesn't work out this time...let her go, man. She's not worth risking everything." Calum said, interrupting his thoughts again as Ashton made his way up the stairs and into the building.

Ashton was silent as he processed the words. He knew he was right, deep down he knew it but it still made him feel a little angry. Last time he had let Calum get into his head and it was the reason things had gotten so screwed up for him. Yes, Calum never forced Ashton to lie or anything like that but it still hurt that it had been his friend's words that pushed him over the edge. He wouldn't have over thought things if it hadn't been for that.

"I promise..." He whispered.

"And Ash?" Calum added after another moment of silence as Ashton took a turn down the hall towards Mia's room. He could see the door ajar from here.

Please still be there, Mia... He thought to himself before speaking out loud to Calum.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Just wanted to wish you good luck, mate! Get the girl, okay?" Calum said cheerfully from the other line before he hung up.

(Author's Note: OH BABY JESUS! This update has my heart pounding! That flashback seriously gave me some serious breathing problems!!!! And then Cashton moment!!! I'm totally Cashton af so this is just too much for me!!

What do you guys think, is Ashton over his head? Will he be able to fix things with Mia? Do you think Bee will try to ruin things for him? Leave me your opinions in the comments!!!

Also if you've read this far I really want to thank you for supporting my work. I feel really proud of what I've accomplished here with #ASM and #Mash is my favorite thing ever!! Don't be shy when it comes to voting and commenting! I want to hear feedback and all those lovely things!

Wanted to remind you all that I have a playlist made with all the songs I use to write the fanfic!! You can go check it out here (check out external link)! I'm always adding new songs and you guys can add some as well! —>https://open.spotify.com/user/1259099160/playlist/22kzCBcdG0HJ6JpNMtYa0U

See you in the next update! In the mean time stay awesome and let me know what you think!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66 0 20
No description. Read to find out...
41.2K 537 42
"How about we go on tour with 5SOS?" A story about two friends who's summer takes an unexpected turn.. highest rankings: #3 in calumhood #4 in micha...
117K 5.2K 25
you're just a project. not a lover. copyright 2014 completed.
1.1K 81 32
Meet Ashley: drummer/ singer/17 Meet Ava: bass/ singer/17 Meet Andrea:guitar/singer 17 Meet Vicky:singer/guitar/piano/16 -