The Echanting Duchess

By MissElleDee

I was just a simple lady living on a peaceful countryside. Then one day, I was knocked out and before I get t... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1: Husband and Wife
Chapter 2: Settling Down
Chapter 3: Evening Charm
Chapter 4: Pink Everywhere
Chapter 5: Inside the Dark Room
Chapter 6: The Rusty Locket
Chapter 7: An Oath of Blood
Chapter 8: Blue Blossom Boutique
Chapter 9: The Power Behind
Chapter 10: The Duchess' Outings
Chapter 11: An Encounter
Chapter 12: The Friend
Chapter 13: Del and Atallie
Chapter 14: Something Happened
Chapter 15: Innocence
Chapter 16: The Sleeping Duchess
Chapter 17: The Duchess Awakens
Chapter 18: A Stroll in the Garden
Chapter 19: The Duchess' Authority
Chapter 20: A Visit
Chapter 21: A Stubborn Woman and a Foolish Man
Chapter 22: Bickering
Chapter 23: Missing
Chapter 24: Grand Ball
Chapter 25: The Duke in Distress
Chapter 26: A Sleepless Night
Chapter 27: Matters of the Heart
Chapter 28: Confrontation
Chapter 29: The Duke Awakens
Chapter 30: The Mark
Chapter 31: Truce?
Chapter 32: Conflicts
Chapter 33: The Great Peregrine
Chapter 34: Turmoil and Peace
Chapter 35: Yet Another Strife?
Chapter 36: Del is Back
Chapter 37: Daylight Passion
Chapter 38: Separation
Chapter 39: Lizbeth
Chapter 40: A Compromise
Chapter 41: Official Authority
Chapter 42: Tea Party and Bugs
Chapter 43: Night Accommodation
Chapter 44: Sudden Trip Away From Home
Chapter 45: The Gift of the Mistress
Chapter 47: The Way Down the New Path
Chapter 48: The Brown Envelope
Chapter 49: The Duchess Is Up to Something
Chapter 50: Journey To The Capital
Chapter 51: Arrival at the Royal City
Chapter 52: The Duchess and the Princess
Chapter 53: The Visit
Chapter 54: The Meeting
Chapter 55: Warm Talk
Chapter 56: Arrival of the Brother
Chapter 57: Ellard Settling Down
Author's Note

Chapter 46: The Blue Ray Wizard Tower

437 23 0
By MissElleDee

Inside the Blue Ray Wizard Tower.

Mistress Allieah and Olivia arrived at the Blue Hall, the main hall of the tower and the main entrance and exit teleportation coordinates inside the tower.

Faint blue light flashed when they arrived.

When everyone saw that it was the Mistress who arrived, the Sentry wizards together with every wizard who was in the main hall, bowed respectfully and greeted in reverence.

"Welcome back, Mistress."

Mistress Allieah lifted her head and swept her mystifying and penetrating gazes over the wizards around. This was how she returned the greetings.

There was no smile on her face but there was no indifference either.

It was just her usual self. There were quite a few times that the Mistress had something to say, but most of the time, she was as mystifyingly impassive as she could be. And everyone was already long used to it and made their respect to the Mistress even more pronounced and their reverence even more profound.

After all, they knew that the ones who were on the peak of power were, most of the time, temperamental and eccentric.

Mistress Allieah took her time walking around. Olivia was following a step behind. They were heading towards the Fifth Tower wherein only the core members of the Wizard Tower were allowed to go in.

The Fifth Tower was where the Master and the Mistress resided.

The Blue Ray Wizard Tower was in fact like tower blocks, encircling and enclosing one another. Each tower was taller than the other.

There Blue Ray Wizard Tower consisted of five towers. Each tower was better than the other.

Each tower has a designation according to the rank of the wizard member. Thus, the inner the tower, the more special the perks and amenities within were.

Each tower also had a Practicing Oval wherein the MaËn or the magical energy was gathered and concentrated by an array and a treasure. And just the same, the inner the tower was, the more MaËn there was inside the Practicing Oval and the more concentrated they became.

In this way, the members would be able to practice more effectively and efficiently.

The First Tower was where the first line of defense was. This was where the main entrance and exit coordinates were placed. It was also the receiving lounge open for the few visitors who had some prior scheduled engagements with the Blue Ray Tower.

The Second Tower was the quarters of the Sentry and the newbies or the third ranking members of the Tower. The newbies were either assigned as sentries or they were assigned to farm and cultivate medicinal herbs as part of their trainings.

The Third Tower was where the second ranking members were residing. The second ranking members were already assigned according to their specialization such as medicinal herb farming, concocting potions, inscribing spells and practicing incantations, mastering their elemental abilities, and even practicing combat skills.

Yes, it was also a must to practice the combat skills of every wizard. This was what the Blue Ray Tower specially decided on. It was a direct command from the Master and the Mistress. They believed that wizards should not just be good in casting out spells and elemental attacks, but their body should be trained as well in combat so that their fighting ability would be better and when the time came that their power ran out, they would still be able to protect themselves and save their own lives.

Coming to the Fourth Tower, this was the quarters of the First Blues and where the grandest places for all the members of the Blue Ray Wizard Tower were located. For all the members, the Fourth Tower was the best among the rest.

However, just like the first few towers before, the Fourth Tower was restricted. It was not open for other members other than the First Blues who were wizards under the direct guidance and command of the Mistress of the Tower.

Olivia, together with the other few, was one of the First Blues.

Some of the special halls inside the Fourth Tower could only be open for special occasions. Thus, wizards who had just entered the Blue Ray Wizard Tower could only look up to the Fourth Tower while continuously working hard to improve their skills and rank up.

Only in this way could they finally reside inside the Fourth Tower. But there was also an exception to this rule.

It was said that the First Blues were not all high ranking wizards. A few among them were fortunately directly chosen by the Mistress and the Master of the Tower.

Once chosen, whether the wizard didn't have a high ranking ability, one could directly live in the Fourth Tower.

It was just that, no one knew what kind of selection process there was and how the Mistress determined who should be chosen. Nevertheless, everyone never stopped working hard in pursuit of such chance and opportunity.

Last but not the least was the Fifth Tower.

If the Fourth Tower was already with distinct restrictions, the Fifth Tower was a highly restricted place.

No one, without the direct permission from the Mistress or the Master, would be able to enter the Fifth Tower. It was the safest haven among all the towers. But it didn't mean that the first few one's security and protection should be simply disregarded. After all, though there were several towers, the Blue Ray Wizard Tower was one entity.

The protection of one tower was also the protection of the rest - a stronghold, impenetrable and formidable.

As Mistress Allieah and Olivia passed by, the sentries posted at every tower and other several wizards who were around, greeted them both in great delight and reverence.

Until they arrived at the other end of the Fourth Tower.

Looking across the opposite direction, the Fifth Tower was standing tall and proud. Its end above was shrouded in clouds and could not just be easily seen, making one wonder how tall it actually was.

"I will let you call the others and when the time comes, I will send you a signal," said Mistress Allieah.

Olivia took a step backward as she bowed to acknowledge what the Mistress said.

"I understand, Mistress," she answered.
I have to gather everyone as soon as I can, if not, it would be another time before we even have another opportunity to speak with the Mistress, thought Olivia.

She was talking about the other few members of the First Blues who were under the direct guidance of the Mistress.

Mistress Allieah took a step forward. She was now just a step away from the border of the Fourth Tower and the Fifth Tower. "Then, I will leave first. Wait for my command."

"Yes, I will, Mistress," Olivia respectfully answered.

Then, gone the Mistress.

Different among the barriers of every tower, the barrier surrounding the Fifth Tower had a special illusory barrier in which the Fifth Tower was reflected as if a lonely and desolate place.

There were trees around, thick and luscious green grasses on the ground, and even a grand fountain in the middle of the maze garden, but all of these seemed to be frozen in time, thus appearing static like a drawn portrait. There was no wind and not a soul could be seen going around.

This was the effect of the illusory barrier. No one could see what was actually happening inside the tower and its premises.

This was also the reason why when Mistress Allieah step forward from the Fourth Tower to the Fifth Tower, she seemed to instantly disappear out of thin air.

But in fact, she just simply crossed the barrier.

Mistress Allieah wanted to continue walking until she reached her destination when suddenly, an old and commanding yet gentle and caring voice echoed through.

"Come in haste, child! What are you waiting for? Tomorrow or what?"

Mistress Allieah's ears perked up as she hurriedly flew towards the Tower right after hearing those beckoning words.

Arriving inside the tower, Mistress Allieah stopped in front of the sealed golden door with a blue rose symbol radiating in soft yet dazzling light.

She was about to open it when the door was automatically opened. The sound of the wooden door echoed rhythmically.

Lifting her head in front, her mystifying purple eyes that were now shining and bright, mesmerizing and lively, darted towards the figure in the middle of the room.

There she saw a woman with wavy, long and gray hair, clad in white cloak from her shoulder down, sitting on the floor with her back facing the door.

Then, the sound of the door echoed through as well as it closed behind with a bang.

The woman in the middle moved and slowly rose up as she stood.

"Child, you are surely taking your time," the woman said.

Mistress Allieah blinked, her usual indifference and sharp glint on her eyes were dissipating as she walked closer towards the woman in front.

"Master, I have arrived," Mistress Allieah said.

The woman with long gray hair in white cloak let out a chuckle. "What Master? After not meeting for quite some time, you have already forgotten who I am?"

A smile slowly formed in the Mistress's lips.

There was a sudden gust of wind.

The woman in front of her turned around. Her long and wavy gray hair danced when she moved as her white cloak swayed along.

When Mistress Allieah saw that face - the valiant and beautiful appearance of an old woman with a pleasant smile on her lips and bright and gentle eyes that held her reflection, the Mistress could only helplessly call out, "Grandmother."

Indeed, the old woman was the Master of the Blue Ray Wizard Tower, and the grandmother of Mistress Allieah.

With a raised eyebrow, the Master spoke with a slightly narrowed eyes. "Repeat that again."

"Grandma Eula," Mistress Allieah quickly and helplessly complied.

Satisfied with the Mistress, the Master of the Tower, whose name was Eula, spread her arms wide open towards Mistress Allieah. "Come and give this old woman a hug."

Mistress Allieah dove in with a generous smile on her face.

When Master Eula finally took hold of the Mistress in her arms, she sighed in relief after quickly checking the Mistress for any sign of illness or injury.

"It's good that you seems to be doing alright," she said as she let go.

Mistress Allieah's thick and long eyelashes fluttered as her eyes met the Masters'.

Gazing down at those purple and mesmerizing pair of orbs, Master Eula could not simply see through everything.

This child was still as guarded and unfathomable as ever...
Master Eula sighed in her heart. She tried and tried but she seemed to be unable to fully passed through those build up walls around the Mistress.

But one thing was for certain. "I believe a lot has been happening lately around you," said Master Eula both in an inquiring and as a matter-of-fact tone.

Mistress Allieah responded with a faint smile.

"Grandma need not to worry about me. I have been doing well," answered Mistress Allieah.

"Ha, there you go again. I guess I will always be defeated by your nonchalance and stubbornness," Master Eula said with a sigh. She turned around and waved her hand.

Instantly, a set of table and chairs appeared, an exquisite tea set and cookies appeared along with it.

"Alright, I will let you manage your own life while you're already at it," Master Eula said with a hint of sadness underneath her old yet still sharp and bright eyes. There was also the doting look on those eyes upon looking closer at them.

"Thank you, Grandma," Mistress Allieah respond.

Truly, her Grandma knew her too well, or at least on this aspect of her personality.

Mistress Allieah was not someone who usually share her thoughts and emotions to anyone, even with the Master of the Tower.

She was simply a guarded person filled with stories. Yet, no one knew her that well enough.

In short, she didn't want her business to be minded by other people nor she wanted to mind other people's business and be disturbed by anyone.

As long as she didn't need to be directly involved, Mistress Allieah would always choose not to get involved, especially when it comes to external dealings with people outside, particularly the royals.

Now that they were both good and settled down on their own seats, the atmosphere suddenly shifted.

A heavy aura permeated in the air as Master Eula opened her mouth once again. She spoke with a low and serious tone. "I believe that you already know the reason why I have abruptly came out of seclusion and called you here."

A sharp glint falshed across her eyes and coldness erupted from underneath.

"They are on the move. And I believe those people were the one behind it."

Mistress Allieah narrowed her eyes upon hearing those words from the Master of the Tower.

With the sudden increase of the number of monsters and the tide that seemed to be coming over prior to the usual date over the years of recorded data, Mistress Allieah knew what Master Eula was talking about.

"You have to be able to fight them all."

"You have to be strong enough."

"You have to be fully ready."

With the constant and continuous words and reminders from the Master, Mistress Allieah she pursed her lips as she quietly but attentively listen.

Judging from the tone and expression of the Master, the Mistress knew that things could be drastic this time.

Mistress Allieah was already expecting worse, but she had just confirmed now that it could even be worse than what she had expected.

Based from the previous words of the Master, she knew that the Master was still not done with her practice and seclusion, yet for an abrupt reason, she had to come out and share her thoughts and opinions, as well as to warn her for the upcoming trouble.

Thoughts continued to race through her mind as the words of the Master went into her ears.

Thinking deeply, Mistress Allieah was seemingly in a daze. She was even yet to react when the Master already finished speaking and was now calling her name.

"Mistress." Master Eula called out.

"Mistress!" She tried again.

"Mistress?" And again.

"Mistress!" And again.

Sigh, this child is at it again.
Master Eula complained in her heart.

With a defeated expression, she called oit for the last time as she reached to Mistress Allieah's fair and slender hands which were nearly folded on the table. "Allieah..."

Feeling the abrupt touch, Mistress Allieah finally came back to her senses.

With a frown on her small and doll-like face, her eyes blinked as she stare at her two hands which were suddenly held captive by the Master's.

Then, she heard her name being called out affectionately and intimately.

Mistress Allieah's attention instantly focused to the old Master.

"Child, just always remember that no matter what, I will always be here for you," Master Eula said with a bitter smile on her face. "I'm sorry that you have to bear this burden." The sadness underneath her eyes was leaking out and her expression suddenly changed.

The frown on Mistress Allieah's face deepened.

If this will continue, it will only be harmful to the Master in the long run.
Mistress Allieah thought.

One's thoughts could affect one's practicing. One could not easily advance and make progress if one's mind was riddled with troubles and hurdles.

Thus, she decided to speak words of assurance to the Master.

"You truly don't have to worry, Grandma. Just focus on your practice so you can fully come out prepared and ready as well," said Mistress Allieah with a gentle smile on her face.

"You - sigh, I know what to do. You should not be worried about me as well. You just need to always keep yourself well," said Master Eula.

She stood from her seat and gathered her skirt. "Do you understand?"

"Yes, I do," answered Mistress Allieah with a salute.

______
A/n: And that's it for this chapter. It's an hour past midnight now here. I had to turn off the lights in my room as I finish this chapter because my mom was constantly reminding me to sleep already (>•<||)

At last, here it is!

Please continue support this story - vote, comment and share! I'd love to hear your thoughts and see you around.

I'll see you in the next chapter!

Xoxo.

🖤 Elle Dee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96 0 15
HEARTS, beings with humanoid forms that have powerful magic power. The stronger these beings are, the stronger the kingdoms that own them become...
343K 19.6K 49
THIS STORY IS NOW FREE! When a newlywed princess discovers her Prince Charming is married to six other royals, she brings the outraged spouses toget...
0 0 2
Content Warning: This story contains mature content such as swearing, mild gore, and character death. Viewer discretion is advised. ...
500 40 25
**18plus**dark-romance** Fearia is a strong willed girl who was trained to be a special ops agents by her adopted family. She is completely unaware t...