The Key between valleys

Galing kay Becwriter

A gift of overwhelming power and delight, hidden in something very small was given to a girl that wouldn't... Higit pa

Chapter 1 Happy Anniversary
Chapter 2 Clay tells the truth
Chapter 3 The Royal Ball
Chapter 4 Wizard
Chapter 5 Centaur's valley
Chapter 6 The first date
Chapter 7 Second date
Chapter 8 The Valley's come together
Chapter 9 home sweet home
Chapter 10 The Wooden Valley
Chapter 11 Waiting
The Hidden part
Chapter 12 The parade
Chapter 13 Hill tops - part 1
Chapter 14 Hill tops part 2
chapter 15 Centaur valley surprises

Chapter 16 The cave

24 0 0
Galing kay Becwriter

As Promise knocked a centaur answered from behind us. We all turned to see a older women with dark brown hair braided to one side with a whole handful of wood in her arms. She was wearing a bright red coat with a black scarf.  "Promise?"

I watched as Promise smiled and walked over to the lady Centaur and gave her a hug. "Mum."

  They both turned to face us and Chris smiled and bowed, "Good evening Miss." She smiled , "My dear Prince I don't think you should be bowing to me. I think I need to bow to you.  You must be Bella? I have wanted to meet for years."

I was confused, "How did you know my name?"

She gave the wood to Promise and nodded towards the door. "Come in and see for yourself."

She lead us inside to a open room with a grand fire place facing the door. There were built in bookshelf lining the stone walls around the room . With thousands of books and photos.  The older centaur came to the first shelf to my left and took a picture off the shelf and hand it to me.  I almost dropped it. It was a picture of me. I looked at her and she smiled, "This is your Grandmother's home. I am Grace, Her house keeper and I am Promise's mother."

It all clicked that is why Grandma was so friendly with Promise and wanted me to have her as my bodyguard.  "Wow this pretty cool."

"Come lets get you guys warmed up. We are due to have a snow storm tonight. I can feel it my bones." Promise laughed, "Oh mother. You and your bones. It's spring Mother. I don't think it will snow."

Grace just smiled , "I just remembered. Go get one of my doves from the stables Promise. I need to send Jo a message about your staying with me tonight."  

As Promise went back outside I started to look at the books and realised they were all the books that were in our house when I was little. All of her cookbooks, history book etc were all on the shelfs. I saw many pictures that I hadn't seen before.  I stopped at the first picture and asked, "Is this my Grandfather?"

It was a black and white picture of three people and a centaur. I could tell the lady near the centaur was Grandma and the centaur was Aimee but the other two people I couldn't put a finger on who they were.

Grace walked over and smiled, "You found a old picture. Yes that is your grandfather, God rest his soul and your grandmother with Lady Aimee.  The Women you might know. Or maybe not yet. But I think Jo will find time for you to meet your grandfather's family. His sister is still alive. That is your Great Aunt Ruby."

I laughed, "NO way. She can't be named Ruby? My Aunty name is Ruby."

"Yes I know. She was named after her. Ruby and your Grandma are very close sense Jo started living here more and brought your Grandfather's ashes back. She only lives about a hill dissidence away.  It's a grand home. Maybe one day you can see it.  The Picture was on their wedding day. You can tell with the dress Jo is wearing."

I looked closer to the photo and realised it was a white dress. Wow I have never seen a wedding picture of Grandma's ever.

"Thanks for telling me about the photo. It's wonderful to see things like this."

As I was moving on to the next shelf Promise came in saying, "Mum I sent the dove for you with the message. You right the winds are picking up and it's getting colder. I think a night in sounds good to me."

Grace smiled and placed food on the table. "Dinner is ready. Soup and cornbread."

As I ran my fingers along the shelfs I started to tear up as I saw my graduation photo with Mum. I missed her dearly. Chris came over and placed a hand on my arm and I jumped.

"You ok Bella?"

I looked at him as I wiped tears away. "Here is my Mum and me."

He took the picture off the shelf and looked at the photo.  "Your beautiful Bella."

I smiled and then Promise pipped in, "Hey you two. Dinner?"

We both laughed and then came over to the table and sat down to eat. As we passed the soup and cornbread around a Fox with a snowy white beanie on and bright blue scarf came through the door saying, "Well Grace you always know when the weather will turn, don't you?" Then the Fox stopped, mid step with big eyes gapping at me and Chris. I smiled at him and he bowed his head and then looked at Grace who was pouring him a bowl of soup and said, "Sit down Red and I will explain."

Red the Fox took his beanie and scarf off and then sat at the head of the table and started to eat his soup. Grace cleared her throat and said, "I am sorry Bella and Chris for my dear friend's attitude, but honestly we were both surprised tonight to have guests this late in night. Red, this is....." Grace was cut off by Red looking up and saying over her, "Lady Bella and Prince Christopher it's nice to meet you finally. Lady Jo has shared a lot about you both. Welcome to her home. I bet the weather will be fine in the morning to get back to the centaur caves before another cold snap. I can feel it in my whiskers. And I bet Lady Jo will be wanting you home sooner then later."

I smiled, "It's nice to meet you also Red, How do you know my Grandmother?"

Grace cut in, "Let's just say Red is a great help to your Grandmother. Have you ever wondered how she knows so much. It's all thanks to him. Red is her ears and eyes to the outside."

I laughed, "I remember you Red. You have been to Castle valley before right? You were at one of the feast when the valleys came together. I remember you scarf and you piercing blacks eyes looking at me from the other side of the table." Red flashed his eyebrows up with a smile, "Your pretty good at remembering things. Your Grandma needed to make sure you were ok at all times. I was sent to look after you until you were able to meet. I was even at Wooden valley watching over you. "

"Well Thank you for looking after me." Red nodded and wiped his mouth and the pushed away from the table saying, "It's been lovely but I need my rest. Goodnight everyone."

Promise got up and placed blankets on the couch and said as we helped clear the table, "Chris sorry there is only one room. So is the couch ok?"

Chris nodded, "Thank you for all your help today Grace and Promise."

They both bowed, "No worries Prince."

As Grace and Promise were leaving the room, "Oh we will head home early tomorrow. Incase of another storm."

As I entered my Grandma's room I could tell it was her room, by how simply she lived. A old wooden handmade bed with a beautiful handmade crochet blanket, a desk off to the side with books piled on it and yet again, cook books and maps were the choice of books . I laughed because I remembered when my Grandma and I would sit and read cookbooks all day together. I ran my hand across the top and three books came crashing on the floor. As I picked up them and waved the dust away I saw a leather bound book that was siting under the desk with a bright red ribbon on it.

I picked it up and sat on the bed. I turned the book over and over again looking at the beautiful leather bond engraved book. This leather was handmade and was engraved with trees, mountains , a centaur and castle on it, it was beautiful. I had a second thought about opening it, but then thought why not I can put the ribbon on it again.

As I pulled on the ribbon I gasped, the ribbon was covering words. It said, "The story of all stories."

As I opened the book it came to life, the colours were bold and bright. There were drawings and words all over each page. Then I realised as I read a page hear and page there. This was the story of the key.

I placed my hand on my necklace and felt the stone. I closed the book and wrapped the ribbon around it and placed the book under the desk again. This could be very dangerous if someone got their hands on it.

I decided to leave it and go to bed. I would ask Grandma when I get a chance about it.

As I rolled over hearing the birds sing outdoors. I realised that I had nothing to wear and that I felt dirty. I saw a closest last night in the back corner and wondered if Grandma has anything I could wear. I ran the water for a bath and then faced the closest for something to wear. I liked how my Grandma dressed while she is hear. Beautiful dresses but practicable for horse riding but still made you look beautiful siting on a horse.

I picked out a rose pattern dress and then took bath. As I finished braiding my hair I found my Grandma's wonderful lavender pin she alway put in her hair as a clip to cover the hair tie. My grandma knows how to dress. As I laced my boots up I came out of the room to see that know one was around. Grabbed my jacket and went outdoors as I heard laughter and voices.

The Sun had come out and melted the night snow away. Everyone was around drinking tea and eating breakfast. Grace smiled as she saw me, "I knew you would want to change and I was right you would pick your Grandma's favourite dress. Don't worry it was her favourite when she was about your age. I haven't seen it in years. It looks wonderful on you."

Chris came over with a plate and smiled, "I agree with Grace you look beautiful as always." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and Promise laughed.

I gave her an eye brow and she bowed her head, "Sorry for laughing. But let's just say I am still getting use to you together."

Chris put a arm around me and smiled, "No worries Promise I think a lot of people will be the same."

Grace piped in, "You didn't hear this from me. But your Grandma , has been hoping seen you two meet in castle valley that you would come together as a couple one day."

I smiled at that comment. Promise placed her plate down and kissed her mum, "It's time to go you to love birds." I gave my plate to Grace and thanked her again and then we were off to home.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

0 0 11
Victoria's grandpa gives her an adventure that Victoria loved to do. Her grandpa gives her a book where she'll find her grandpa's treasure and a secr...
1.2K 92 24
Lilly and her best friend alexis are both wolf shifters and best friends. Lily never thought about finding her mate until later in life but fate had...
58.2K 6.1K 52
The life of an aggressive couple will turn upside down with the entry of a little girl with magical powers. 07 in humor on 26-03-2017 ...
224 0 5
Nineteen-year-old Simone never wanted to be special. She just wanted to live a normal life. But after witnessing her mother get brutally attacked, Si...