do you still love me? | minsu...

By kurakuralino

book 2 of "friends with benefits" after six years away, minho finally returns to seoul, playing on an america... More

intro
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
025
026
027
028
029
030
031

024

841 68 29
By kurakuralino

hours passed since minho stepped foot inside the cozy apartment of jisung and changbin. minho had helped the two in the kitchen earlier since neither knew what they were doing. surprisingly, the food they made tasted good. now they were watching a movie, losing track of time as they were too focused.

jisung, in the middle of the movie, fell asleep on changbin's shoulder. minho sat on the opposite side of the couch, a little bothered, but tried to focus on the movie more than to what's happening in his surroundings.

a loud ringtone rung, the youngest's eyes shot open as minho flinched from the sudden sound. changbin smiled apologetically and excused himself, leaving minho and jisung drown in an awkward atmosphere. though, minho was more affected by the awkward tension than jisung, knowing that the younger just woke up and was probably zoning out with nothing in mind, only snapping out when changbin suddenly said an emergency occurred and needed to go.

jisung and minho nodded, both telling him to be careful. minho then realized that he had spent, maybe more or less than seven hours in their apartment. quickly, he opened his phone to see the time.

12:19 am

he cursed himself under his breath. "what's wrong?" the younger asked, noticing minho's panicked state.

"the time.. it's too late to go home now." minho scratched his neck.

"oh.." was the only thing jisung could say, he thought for a second, hesitating about his suggestion but said it nonetheless, "well.. if you want, you can spend the night here." jisung shrugged.

"would that be alright?" minho asked.

"yup." jisung popped the 'p', "you can just text jaemin you'll spend the night at a friend's place. he might not like it when you tell him you're staying here..."

especially that i'm here.

minho hummed, thinking, even if he knows he'll stay in their apartment. at this time, commuting is hard. you will hardly see any cabs that are picking up. so, he sent jaemin a message about the situation, leaving out the part where he'll be staying at jisung and changbin's.

of course, jaemin understood, so he let him.

jisung stretched on the couch, clapping his hands together and standing up. "i'll go take a quick shower first. if you want to also, feel free to use my bathroom."

"but- won't you use it?" minho titled his head.

"hmm, no. i'll use changbin's since i recall leaving my towel inside there."

oh..

minho only nodded, and jisung left. minho found the movie uninteresting after a few minutes, so he decided to turn it off and shower too.

he looked for jisung's room. the familiar scent his nose sniffed when he passed by an open room was enough for him to know which room was jisung's. he remembered this scent clearly, lavender.

back when they were still neighbors, every time he went in jisung's room, he would be engulfed by the soft scent of lavenders in the younger's room in his parents' house.

he opened where he figured the bathroom was and went inside.

the first thing he noticed was the familiar bottles of half-used shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.

the same ones i always had in my bathroom back at home.

he found it funny how the younger always told him, back when they were high schoolers, that he was so tired of smelling the lingering scent of those products on him every single day.

but look who was using them now.

ironic, isn't it?

anyways, minho smiled subconsciously and made his way to the shower.

shit.

minho cussed under his breath. apparently, after he turned the water off, he then just realized that he forgot to borrow a towel and clothes.

he sighed, gathering enough courage to get out of the shower and yell for jisung. he slightly opened the door, peeked his head out and called the younger, making sure to be heard.

"jisung?"

"yes??" he faintly heard.

"can you come here for a second?" he said, then heard light footsteps approaching.

the door to the room opened, minho's face heating up as he avoided looking at jisung's direction.

"uhmm.." he chuckled nervously, "i-i forgot to ask for a towel and some clothes.."

hearing no response, minho flickered his eyes to jisung's direction, noticing how the latter was staring.

"o-oh!" jisung panicked as he got caught, he cleared his throat, "hold on.."

he walked to his closet and rummaged through it, taking out a clean towel that minho can use. "h-here.." he reached out his hand, glancing at minho's face that had water droplets.

minho smiled softly, looking at jisung and simply saying thanks before reaching out for the towel.

with fingers brushing against each other under the folded towel which was being held out by the other, two hearts skipped a beat at the small skinship unintentionally made by the older.

minho pursed his lips, going back inside and closing the door. jisung shook off his thoughts and remembered about the clothes.

setting down the pile of clothing neatly on the edge of the bed, he was about to get out of the room when-

click.

his head turned to the direction of the click sound on instinct, a figure coming out of the bathroom. being unaware of the fact that his eyes were taking their time on checking out minho's built upper body.

his gaze moved to minho's visibly red face, obviously surprised that the younger was still there. jisung's expression dropped, eyes widening and face turning into a shade of red.

his hands automatically raising to his chest and shaking them as if saying it's not what it looks like since his mouth couldn't let out anything but stammers. the man was speechless.

"m-minho, i-"

he was cut off when minho got back inside the bathroom and loudly slammed the door in embarrassment. jisung, instead of standing still in his current position, forced his legs to run out.

"I'M SORRY!!" he lastly yelled an apology before slamming the door of his room, shut. rushing inside changbin's room.

minutes passed after that incident and the two having a mental crisis, jisung had finally composed himself enough to face minho again. now he was outside and was sat on the other side of the couch, far from minho who was on the opposite side.

"u-uhm.. let's discuss about where to sleep.." he started.

"we have no guest rooms here, s-so.. i'll take the couch and you'll take my room." he quickly finished the last sentence.

"no, i'll take the couch, you take your room."

"have you not noticed it's freezing here? the heater is broken.."

"well, how will i get to sleep comfortably knowing you aren't comfortable? both you and i know you hate sleeping on couches."

"i.. good point, but same question." jisung thought for another solution.

"how about sleep in changbin's room?"

"too dark."

"night light?"

"can't fit on any outlet in his room."

"keep the lights open."

"then how would you expect me to sleep? you know i like sleeping in dim lights." jisung said, an idea popped into his mind but he hesitated on voicing it out.

at this point, we'll never get to sleep. just say it, jisung!

he fought with his mind and ended up losing.

"why don't.. we sleep together?" he squeaked.

"wha-"

"with pillows in between!" he cut him off, the last thing he wanted right now was to have an awkward atmosphere together with minho. again.

"he doesn't have to know.."

"huh?"

"your boyfriend... if you're hesitating... besides, we used to do this a lot before we became a thing back then.. what's the difference? we're still friends, aren't we?"

he looked up when he heard nothing from minho, he gulped, thinking he messed things up again. he inhaled deeply before standing up from the couch.

"i-i'll just sleep in bin's room, that was a stupid idea-"

"wait," he was halted from walking away when a hand grabbed ahold of his wrist, "one, yes, we're friends. two, let's just settle with that idea. i don't see anything wrong with it, and besides, you said we'd have pillows in between so.." minho shrugged, letting go of jisung's wrist.

jisung slowly nodded, "i'll make the bed then."

"i'll help." minho said, and they quietly made their way in jisung's room.

after finishing, they made sure nothing was missing before going to bed.

"i think that's all.. shall we?" jisung gestured.

"you're hair.."

"my what?"

"your hair is still wet." minho pointed, making the younger touch his damp hair.

"oh! i guess i forgot to blow dry- yours is wet too." jisung noticed the older's damp locks.

"oh, i didn't know where the dryer was so i didn't bother." he nonchalantly said.

"come on, let's dry our hair. i'm not gonna risk getting sick, you shouldn't too." jisung went in the bathroom with minho following, opening drawers to find the blower.

once he found it, he plugged it in the outlet and switched it on. getting the little stool he uses to step on whenever he needs something from the higher shelves, to reach minho's head without struggle, and taking liberty of drying their hair by himself.

to say minho didn't feel his heart flutter or do any type of flip, is a lie. he was trying so hard to hide his grin from surfacing when jisung raked his fingers through minho's hair.

"there!" he hopped down, ruffling his own hair a little.

"thank you." minho patted jisung's head.

"you're welcome!" he smiled brightly.

"well, let's sleep?" he suggested, earning a nod from jisung.

jisung turned the light in the room to dim, going to his side of the bed after.

their backs were facing each other, pillows were in between the two.

"good night.." minho mumbled, under the same covers as jisung.

"good night, minho." jisung said, hugging his plush tight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 664 21
Hyunjin and Jisung work part-time at a popular coffeehouse on their university's campus. It's a pleasant job, quiet most of the day (Until exam seaso...
75.5K 3.6K 39
SEQUAL TO REBOUND Life has ups and downs, unfortunately for Minho and Seungmin, they lost each other: they wanted different desires but, it all chan...
4.5K 98 8
Minho dates Y/N for a bet. Falling in love with her wasn't part of the plan and he slowly started developing feelings to not want to hurt her. Being...
38.8K 1.4K 50
Jisung was given another chance at life, but things aren't so easy. With his boyfriend Minho, and the rest of Straykids, they all have each other to...