To Hold You | Max Mayfield X...

By tvrnner

In which the awkward girl falls for the new girl. Max Mayfield X Reader. S2-Finished. S3-Finished. S4-Finishe... More

Season 2
1 MadMax
2 Trick or treat,freak
3 The Pollywog
4 Will the wise
5 Dig Dug
6 The Spy
7 The Lost Sister
8 The Mind Flayer
9 The Gate
Season 3
1 Suzie,Do You Copy?
2 The Mall Rats
3 The Case Of The Missing Lifeguard
4 The Sauna Test
5 The Flayed
6 E Pluribus Unum
7 The Bite
8 The Battle Of Starcourt
Season 4
1 The Hellfire Club
2 Vecna's Curse
4 Dear Billy
5 The Nina Project
6 The Dive
7 The Massacre At Hawkins Lab
8 Papa
9 The Piggyback

3 The Monster And The Superhero

1.5K 34 30
By tvrnner

Y/N's POV.

"Jesus!".Eddie shouts as we walk through the door.

"Delivery service".Dustin says.

"So we got uh....some good news and some bad news.How do you prefer it?".Dustin says as we sit around the boat.

I'm wearing a jean jacket,sweater,jeans and Converse.

"Bad news first always".Eddie says with his mouth full of Honeycomb.

"All right.Bad news.We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro and they're definitely looking for you.Also they're pretty convinced you killed Chrissy".Dustin says.

"Like 100% kind of convinced".Max says.

"And the good news?".Eddie says.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet.But if we found out about you it's only a matter of time before others do too.And once that gets out everyone and their shallow minded mother is gonna be gunning for you".Robin says.

"Basically you're in deep shit".I say.

"Hunt the freak right?".Eddie says.

"Exactly".Robin says.

"Shit".Eddie says.

"So before that happens we need to find Vecna kill him and prove your innocence".Dustin says.

"That's all Dustin?That's all?".Eddie says.

"Yeah no that's pretty much it".Dustin says.

"Listen Eddie I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional but we've actually been through this before.I mean they have a....a few times and....and I have once.Mine was more human flesh based and theirs was more smoke related but bottom line is collectively I really feel like we got this".Robin says.

"Yeah see we usually rely on this girl who has super powers.But uh those went bye bye".Steve says.

"So we're technically in more of the....".Robin says.

"Kinda....".Steve says.

"Brainstorming phase".Max says.

"There....there's nothing to worry about".Dustin says.

"Yeah.Really".I say.

Suddenly we hear police car sirens.

"Shit".I say.

"Tarp".Robin says.

All of us stand up.Eddie lays down in the boat and covers himself with the tarp.We go over to the window and see police cars driving past.

As we drive after the police cars we see that they are stopped by a corner in the road.We see Nancy talking to the cops and there's a bunch of police cars everywhere.

Steve parks and all of us get out of the car.Nancy slightly waves at us.

"So you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy it's from the upside down?".Nancy says as all of us are sat on the bench.

"If the shoe fits".Steve says.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse.Now whether or not he's doing the bidding of the mind flayer or just loves killing teens we don't know".Dustin says.

"All we know is that this is something different.Something new".Max says.

"It doesn't make sense".Nancy says.

"It's just a theory".I say.

"No Fred and Chrissy don't make sense.I mean why them?".Nancy says.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place.They were both at the game".Dustin says.

"And near the trailer park".Max says.

"That can't be a coincedence right?".I say.

"We're at the trailer park.Uh should we maybe not be here?".Steve says.

"There is something about this place.Fred started acting weird the second we got here".Nancy says.

"Acting weird as in?".Robin says.

"Scared,on edge,upset".Nancy says.

"Max said Chrissy was upset too".Dustin says.

"Yeah but not here.She was crying in the bathroom at school".Max says.

"Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike right?So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman".Robin says.

"Vecna".Dustin says.

"I don't know about you guys but if I saw some freaky wizard monster I would mention it to someone".Steve says.

"Maybe they did.I saw Chrissy leaving Ms Kelly's office.If you saw a monster you....you wouldn't go to the police.They'd never believe you.But you might go to your".Max says.

"Your shrink".Robin says.

All of us get up from the bench and walk towards the car.I open the car door and I'm about to get in but Steve stops Nancy who's walking towards her car.

"Whoa,whoa,Nancy.Nancy!Nancy where you going?".Steve says.

"Oh there's just something I want to check on first".Nancy says.

"Something you want to share with the rest of us?".Dustin says.

"I don't want to waste your time.It's a real shot in the dark".Nancy says.

"Yeah ok.Are you out of your mind?Flying solo with this Vecna creep on the loose.No it's too dangerous.You need....you need someone to....here I'll stick with Nancy.You guys take the car check out the shrink".Steve says.

Steve throws Robin the car keys.

"I don't think you want me driving your car".Robin says.

"Why?".Steve says.

"I don't have a license".Robin says.

"Why don't you have a license?".I say.

"I'm poor".Robin says.

"I can drive".Max says.

I get flashbacks from that night when Steve got knocked out and Max drove us.

"No no.Never again.Please.Anybody but you.No".Steve says.

Dustin looks at him.

"No chance".Steve says.

"Come on".Dustin says.

"What about me?".I say.

"Absolutely not".Steve says.

"All right ok.This is stupid.Us ladies have to stick together".Robin says as she takes a radio out of Dustins bag.

Robin gives Steve the carkeys and she stands next to Nancy.

"Unless you think we need you to protect us".Robin says.

Robin laughs before turning around and walking away.Nancy follows after her.

"I ship".I whisper to Max and she laughs.

"Be careful".Steve says.

"You just going to stand there and gawk?".Dustin says.

"Shut up".Steve says.

"Why don't we just go?".I say.

"Shut up and get in the car".Steve says.

Max gets in the backseat and I sit next to her.

"Always the babysitter.Always the goddamn babysitter!".Steve shouts.

Max's POV.

I ring the doorbell to Ms Kelly's house.I'm nervous as I don't want to mess this up.The door opens and Ms Kelly is suprised to see me.

"Max.Hi".Ms Kelly says.

"Hi.I'm so sorry to bother you over break but fo you have a mintue to talk?".I say.

"Um....yeah of course.Of course".Ms Kelly says.

Ms Kelly lets me in and I look back to the others before walking in.

Y/N's POV.

"Ok.She's in".Steve says.

I sit in the backseat leaning my arms against Steve's and Dustin's seats.

"I'm missing collarbones not eyes.So we going to talk about it?".Dustin says.

"Huh?Sorry talk about what?".Steve says.

"Your temporary insanity earlier today when you basically threw yourself at Nancy?".Dustin says.

"Yeah you looked a little bit desperate".I say.

"Ok first of all that's not what happened".Steve says.

"Pretty sure that's what happened.It was pretty public.There was like a lot of witnesses".Dustin says.

"And I was one of them".I say.

"Are you guys implying that I still have a thing for Nancy?".Steve says.

"No.We're not implying".I say.

"We're stating.And as it relates to your steadfast refusal to date Robin it's pretty much the only logical explanation".Dustin says.

Sometimes I forget Robin is still not out to anyone else apart from me and Steve.

"That's not the only one.And as for Nancy I was just trying to protect a friend.A friend Henderson and Y/L/N.Ok".Steve says.

"Ok".Dustin says.

"I don't want to find her in the morning with her eyes sucked out of the front of her skull by this Vecna creep".Steve says.

"You're like bright red in the face right now".Dustin says.

"No I'm not".Steve says.

"Yeah you are".I say.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore.Why don't we change the subject to Y/N and Max?Huh?".Steve says.

"Seriously Steve".I say.

"What?Why does my love life always have to be the hot topic?".Steve says.

"Maybe because you're the only single one out of us.Apart from Robin".I say.

"Yes well I'm trying to get a girlfriend ok?".Steve says.

"By trying do you mean going on a million dates and having sex with any girl that comes your way?".Dustin says.

"What?Ok.Shut up Henderson.It's not my fault I don't have a successful relationship like Y/N and Max or Nancy and Johnathan".Steve says.

Me and Dustin look at each other but we stay quiet.

"For the record I think Nancy and Robin would be cute together".I say after a moment of silence.

Dustin and Steve look at me and I shrug.

Max's POV.

"It's just with everything that's happening with all the murders it's....it's making everything worse again".I say.

"You've experience trauma Max and when you keep your feelings your pain bottled up the way you do it doesn't take much to trigger them again.So now when it rains it storms".Ms Kelly says.

"Yeah I know".I say.

"Do you think you're ready to talk more about that night?".I say.

Memories from that night come flashing back into my brain.

"I live next door to where it happened".I say.

"I'm sorry?".Ms Kelly says.

"To where Chrissy was murdered.The cops asked me a bunch of questions.Did they talk to you?I mean I know you were seeing Chrissy".I say.

"Max you know I can't talk about Chrissy or any other student".Ms Kelly says.

"Yeah but I mean what if there was a serial killer on the loose in my neighbourhood?Did Chrissy mention anything?Anything about who might have done this?".I say.

"Max I'm....I'm sorry I....I really can't discuss this.You wouldn't want me talking to any other students about you right?".Ms Kelly says.

"If I were dead and it would help catch the killer the yeah I most definitely would".I say.

"Well let's leave that up to the police shall we?".Ms Kelly says.

"Yeah you're right.The police totally have this under control.Can I use the bathroom?".I say.

"Sure.Up the stairs to the left".Ms Kelly says.

"Thanks".I say as I get up from the seat.

I walk up the stairs and I'm about to turn the corner when I notice a bowl with keys.I turn around and look back at Ms Kelly before walking over to the bowl.The keys jangle as I pick one up.On the tag it says office.I turn back around and walk down the hallway to the front door.I look back around before opening the front door and walking through.

Y/N's POV.

"Here she come.Here she comes".Steve says.

Max quickly walks over to the car.She opens the door and gets in.

"What'd she say?".Dustin says.

"Nothing just drive".Max says.

"Nothing?".Steve says.

"Steve drive".Max says.

"Ok".Steve says.

Steve turns the key and drives away.

"Steve drive us to the school.I have the keys to the counselors office".Max says.

"You stole her keys?".I say.

"She didn't want to tell me anything so yeah.I kind of had to".Max says.

After a bit of driving we can hear something on the radio.

"Dustin.It's Lucas.Do you copy?Dustin".Lucas says over the radio.

"Lucas?Where the hell have you been?".Dustin says.

"Just listen.Are you guys looking for Eddie?".Lucas says.

"Yeah we found him no thanks to you".Dustin says.

"You found him?".Lucas says.

"He's at a boathouse on Coal Mill Road.Don't worry.He's safe".Dustin says.

"You guys know he killed Chrissy right?".Lucas says.

"That's bullshit.Eddie tried to save Chrissy".Dustin says.

"Then why do all the cops say he did it?".Lucas says.

Max grabs the radio from Dustins hand.

"Lucas you're so behind it's ridiculous ok?Just meet us at school.We'll explain later".Max says.

"I can't.I think some real bad shit's about to go down".Lucas says.

"What are you talking about?What bad shit?".Max says.

Static is heard over the radio and there's silence.

"Lucas?Lucas?".Max says.

It's dark when Steve parks outside the school.We get out of the car and take out our flashlights.Max opens the door and we walk inz

"Dustin do you copy?".Robin says over the radio as we walk down the hallway.

"Yeah I copy".Dustin says.

"So Nancy's a genius.Vecna's first victims date back all the way to 1959.Her shot in the dark was a bull's eye".Robin says.

"Ok that's totally bonkers but I can't really talk right now".Dustin says.

"Wait what are you doing?".Robin says.

"Breaking and entering into school to retrieve some confidential and extremely personal files".Dustin says.

"Can you repeat that?".Robin says.

"Just get your ass over here stat.We'll explain everything".Dustin says.

We walk down the hallway and turn a corner.I shine a light onto the office and Max takes out the key.She sticks the key into the lock and opens the door.

We carefully walk into the office.Max walks over to the filing cabinet.

"It's like a mini watergate or something".Dustin says.

Max opens one of the cabinets and looks through the alphabetically arranged files.

"Hawkinsgate".Dustin says.

"Wait a second didn't those guys get caught?".Steve says.

"Holy shit".Max says.

"Did you find it?".Dustin says.

"Yeah and not just Chrissy's file.Fred was seeing Ms Kelly too".Max says taking out the file.

Max sits down at the desk and me,Dustin and Steve stand around her as she flicks through the files.

Max's POV.

As I flick through the files something catches my eye.On one of the pages from Chrissy's file it says she has headaches,difficulty sleeping,terrible nightmares and past trauma.

"Can I see Fred's file?".I say.

Steve hands me Fred's file and I open it.I flick through it and find the page where it says similar things to what was in Chrissy's file.

I remember how I have constant headaches.Nosebleeds.Nightmares.Past trauma.

It's all adding up now.

"Max.What is it?".I can hear Dustin's voice but I'm say frozen.

"Max.Hey.Max".I hear Y/N's voice.

"Max".I hear a deep voice say from behind me making me turn around.

Suddenly there's a ticking sound.A sound of a clock.

I walk out of the office and the sound startles me.I slowly walk.The ticking gets louder as I walk.I turn my head as I turn the corner and there it is.A clock on the wall.The ticking is so loud my ears start tingling.I shine the light on it.It's a brown grandfather clock.

I slowly walk towards it.The clock chimes.My heart pounds and the sound of it pouding mixes with the ticking in my ears.The pendulum swings from side to side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 458 11
[ description ] โคท Max Mayfield is new to Hawkins, Indiana. So her and her brother come rolling into the school parking lot, this girl who kno...
14.7K 333 36
STRANGER THINGS SERIES MARKED COMPLETE FOR SAFETY MEASURES (completed up until season five) "๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“‰ ๐“‚๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐’พ๐“‰ ๐’ทโ„ฏ ๐“๐’พ๐“€โ„ฏ ๐’ฒ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ ๐“Žโ„ด๐“Š๐“‡ ๐’ฝ๏ฟฝ...
12.8K 115 25
When Emmy Reed falls for the new girl Max mayfield. โ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™จ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ก๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ โž *This story follows the storyline of the show. I do not own any of...
205K 4.7K 19
Max Mayfield had a secret. She was in love with a girl. She had fears of people finding out and what would happen to her if her secret was out. Her c...