The Gold Paladin

By Rubyrose645

I remember that day like it was yesterday... The day I lost everything... my home, my planet, my family, and... More

Call me.... Novae
Return of Voltron
Training Begins
Form Voltron
Return of the Gladiator
Our First Battle
Party Gone Wrong
Tears of a Balmera
Taking Flight
Rebels
Balmera
Reborn.... Once Again
Venom Nightmares
Collection and Extraction
The Black Paladin
Saving A Paladin
Stranded Across the Universe
The Escape
Goodbye.... Old Friend
Olkarion
Greening the Cube
Escape The Storm
Storm Clouds
Ark of Taujeer
Saving the Ark
In the Lion
The Blades
Welcome to Beta Traz
Stayin' Alive
Begin To Fight
Blackout
Changing Guard
The Red Paladin
The Hunted
Hole in Space
Alternate Reality
Tracking a Comet
The Comet
The Beginning of Her Legend
Code of Honor
Black Site
Her Truth
The First Death: Her weakness, her strength
The Second Death: Her Lie That Saved Lives.
The Third Death: Her Bond Through Tears
The Fourth Death: The One Who Holds Lost Knowledge
The Fifth Death: The Strength. The Shield. The Sacrifice.
The Sixth Death: The Heart. The Smile. The Light.
The Seventh Death: The Armor. The Paladin. The Friend.
50 Chapter Special!!!
Begin the Blitz
The New Defender
The Prisoner
Blood Duel
Postmortem
Kral Zera
Discovery
Secrets and Answers
Golden Shield
Betrayal
I'm Sorry....
All Things Well...
Thank you... For Everything
A Little Adventure
The Road to Estellia
The Way Forward
Estellia
Bringing Back A Lost Star
Pure Starlight
The Last Stand
Return to Earth
Save Earth!
Zaiforge Cannons
Atlas Rises
Lion's Pride PT. 1
Lion's Pride Pt. 2
After the Battle
Launch Date
Prisoner's Dilemma
The Abandoned Ship
Battle Scars
The Grudge
The Genesis
Guardian
Day Forty-Seven
A Golden Celebration
Knights of Light pt. 1
Knights of Light Pt. 2
Knights of Light Pt. 3
Uncharted Regions
The Zenith
The Last Battle...
A Bright Beginning

The White Lion

1.1K 18 18
By Rubyrose645

Novae, sat on her bed holding a small pillow in her arms while her baby twin siblings lay asleep on her bed by her side. Sitting in a chair by her bedside was her father, smiling gently as his three children as the night came faster than the night stars.

"Well, what story do you want to hear tonight, Novaleyia?" Her father asked.

"I wanna hear about the land of marble protected by the guardian." Novae excitedly said, her father chuckling at her excitement.

"But you've heard that story last night, and the night before that." He said.

"I just wanna hear more. Please, Father?"

By the words she said, how could he refuse to tell that story once more.

"All right, my little starlight. I shall tell you the story about when I arrived in a beautiful land protected by the greatest creature with incredible strength and magic."

Novae settled with the sleeping Orasis and Aromme by her side, ready to hear the story she so loved.

"Now, deep in the universe, where even the stars are hard to see, there is a tunnel of light that pushes out so much energy that it leaves ships useless in its wake."

"But why does it push ships away?" Novae happily asked already knowing the answer.

"Because of the guardian." Her father answered, "The guardian in an incredibly powerful creature that very few have ever seen, but I was able to see it, for it proved me worthy of entering its domain. The guardian's domain was one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the honor of laying my eyes on. The lands were floating on air, made of the purest white marble and the clouds were the softest shade of lilac pink, almost as if the sun was peaking its way through the darkness of the night. And yet, there was no sun. Just light for as far as you can see. And what I found in that land... is something I can never forget."

"What did you see, Father?"

Novae's father leaned closer to his daughter, pressing his forehead against hers.

"The guardian came to me, and did just this to me. I saw the gentleness in its eyes and returned that gentleness. For that, the guardian granted me knowledge far beyond what I could find in the universe."

Novae glanced up at her father, "Do you think maybe one day I can go there, too. I wanna see such a pretty land."

Her father chuckled, "Yes. One day when you're old enough, you will fly across the stars and find this land. If you know what to say to the guardian, it will grant you the answers you need."

"But what answers would I need?"

"Answers that could change how you look at something very important. Just as the stars disappear during the day, you may find that answers are in plain sight though hidden from your eyes."

Novae didn't understand at the time since she was just a little kid, but little did she know back then that her father's words would prove to be helpful in her upcoming battles for universal freedom.

🦁🦁🦁~~~~🦁🦁🦁

Novae stirred from her brief rest, sitting in Shiro's paladin seat on the bridge. It was rare that she would sleep like that, but after the trip to Haggar's lair, her mind was too exhausted to keep her body awake.

"So, this magic rock is gonna guide us to a mysterious planet?" Pidge asked Allura breaking Novae from her sleepiness.

Allura was holding the glowing stone in her hands, gently as if it was as fragile as glass.

"A land known as Oriande." Lotor clarified. Coran chuckled.

"I'm afraid someone's been ruggling your wimble, Prince Lotor." Coran said, "Oriande is just an Altean folktale. It doesn't actually exist."

"That's what I thought, Coran." Allura said, "but now, I have a feeling it is quite real."

"And I can add to that certainty." Novae said, bringing all attention towards her as she stood from her seat.

"What are you talking about, Novae?" Shiro asked.

Novae then showed them the bracelet she found in Haggar's lair, "This bracelet belonged to my grandmother and grandfather on my father's side. Haggar took this for a reason, and I have a feeling she was studying my family."

"But why would she do that?" Lance asked.

Novae shook her head, "I don't know, but I believe it may have something to do with Oriande. My father used to tell me stories about a strange land he had once visited with marble lands and protected by a guardian. He never told me the name of this strange land, but from what Lotor has explained to me, the land that my father visited and Oriande could be one and the same."

"But that can't be." Coran stated, "Oriande is nothing but a folk tale."

"And yet it has reached the ears of the Estellian royal family." Lotor said, "If more than one race has heard of this, there may be some truth behind this. It is the birthplace of all Altean alchemy. The place where King Alfor learned the secrets that helped him create Voltron and where Allura will master those same secrets so that my ships may enter the quintessence field."

"And what makes you the authority on crazy Altean nonsense?" Lance added pointing to Coran, "Coran knows more magic made-up gobbledygook than any one I've ever met."

"Thank you, Lance." Coran said, "And I can assure you, King Alfor never mentioned anything to me about traveling to Oriande."

"In all likelihood, he kept it a secret from everyone. That same could be said for Novaleyia's father, telling stories about Oriande but never giving it its name." Lotor said, "I have been researching Oriande for centuries, hoping to learn more about my Altean ancestry. Over time, I've managed to gather evidence from all over the universe that hinted at it's existence. Now, thanks to Princess Allura and Novaleyia, I will finally gaze upon its magnificence with my own eyes."

"Uh, aren't you a little busy running your empire to take a magical vacation?" Hunk suddenly asked, making Pidge sigh beside him.

"In order to transition the Galra Empire to a peaceful existence, I need to open up a pathway to the quintessence field. Once my people have access to unlimited energy, the old ways of the empire will be behind them."

Allura looked down at that stone in her hands, a sense of hope and curiosity in her eyes.

"If this voyage is successful, the universe will finally be on the path to peace." She said.

Lotor smiled at her response while Novae looked at him with a calculating gaze.

"Well, let's find out where we're going." Shiro said.

Allura activated the map across the bridge. The stone in her hands projected a thin blue bean into the air and moved the map to a set of coordinates.

It was a small form in between three celestial bodies.

"There, between those three celestial bodies. That's where we're headed." Allura said.

"Wait a tick, that's the Patrulian Zone." Coran gasped.

"The what now?" Lance asked.

"The Patrulian Zone is a mysterious part of space where ships enter and are never heard from again." Coran explained, "Princess, that area has been deemed unsafe to navigate for ages."

"The perfect place to hide a magical world." Lotor mused.

"Or to crash and die." Pidge muttered.

"Then we will approach with caution." Allura , "Prepare our course, Coran."

Not able to disobey his princess, Coran reluctantly set the course to Patrulian Zone.

After traveling through the wormhole, they arrived in a barren wasteland full of space junk. Novae looked around for a moment and thought of her father's words. A place where ships were useless as soon as they approached such a sacred land. This was the place her father had mentioned in the story.

"We're approaching the Patrulian Zone." Coran announced.

"What's that up ahead? An asteroid belt?" Shiro asked.

Coran narrowed his eyes at the sight of broken ships and destroyed pieces of machinery.

"No." Coran said gravely, "It's a graveyard."

"What caused them all to lose power?" Hunk wondered aloud.

"No one knows." Coran answered.

"Something incredibly powerful." Novae muttered, but only Shiro was able to hear it. He began to worry even more about his friend, the way that she spoke about Oriande and she was shaking only slightly. The reason why she's shaking could have been a number of things. Fear. Excitement. But the look on her face showed that she was distressed.

"Guys, I think we just found out what caused the ships to lose power." Pidge said.

Just then, the team saw the center of the graveyard. A bright pillar of white light, burning with energy and life, stood in the center of the zone. It cut through the cold darkness of the graveyard like a single star in the darkness of night. Just then, Novae felt something within her jump. She looked down at her Gold Lion bracelet and saw that it was emitting a soft glow, one that could hardly be seen.

"Zaurelia, do you have anything on this place?" Novae thought to the Lion.

"Hardly. But this place... feels so familiar. I can't explain it." The Gold Lion replied uncertainly.

"Is that some kind of super massive star?" Lance asked.

"No." Pidge said astonished by her readings, "Unbelievable! It's a white hole!"

"Whoa! Take that, theoretical physics!" Hunk exclaimed.

"Wait, what's a white hole?" Lance asked.

"Well, unlike a black hole, which has massive gravity that sucks everything in, a white hole is an opposite body that shoots massive amounts of energy out from an unknown source." Pidge explained.

"It's blasting this whole area with crazy high radiation." Hunk informed the team.

"All the energy must've fired those ships' systems." Shiro said.

"The wise stand back from the fire, fools are burned in the pyre." Lotor mumbled, "The mystic becomes one with the flame, the embers and he are the same."

"Is that, like, a song you're working on? 'Cause it sucks." Lance said.

"It's a poem by an ancient Altean alchemist." Lotor said, "I discovered it carved next to a cave painting. I never realized until now that it describes the route to Oriande, and key to going inside. We must go into the white hole."

"Are you guys serious? We're navigating by cave poetry now?" Hunk asked nervously.

"How are we supposed to go through the white hole?" Pidge asked, "If we get any closer, we're gonna end up like those dead ships there."

"We wormhole inside." Allura said.

"Princess, no!" Coran shouted.

"Voltron can withstand forces other ships cannot."

"Are you sure?" Shiro asked, standing up in attention.

"If this is the home of Altean alchemy, the Voltron will make it through."

"And I would like to know more about this land." Novae said, "My father continued to speak about this land often when I was a child. Besides, I am Altean as well. Am I not allowed to go into a place where my ancestors were allowed as much as the princess?"

"Princess, I think you've taken this quest far enough. Lotor is sending you to your doom." Coran urged for her to change her mind, "And Novae, we don't know if your father even went to Oriande and not some other place in the universe, I would hate to see you so disappointed if it is not the place your father spoke about."

"Quite the opposite." Lotor said, "It is a mission of life discovery."

"You need to zip it!" Lance shouted.

"Believe me, I would never ask any of you to do this if I didn't know.... if I didn't feel in my heart that it is true. I belong here."

Everyone looked back towards the white pillar in front of them and kept flying towards the white hole. They only stopped when they came close enough to not be affected by the radiation.

"This is as far as we can go." Pidge said as the Castle stopped moving, "Any further and we'll be affected by the Patrulian Zone's radiation."

The Paladins ran to their lions in full uniform and formed Voltron, but as Novae settled as the wings, the Gold Lion seemed slightly different. To everyone else staring at the Lion they couldn't see anything wrong with it. But to Novae, the Gold Lion felt somewhat different. Like its quintessence had changed from something she knew, to something slightly newer than she was used to.

"Zaurelia, what's the matter?" Novae asked her Lion, "You feel different than normal."

"I don't know, I cannot explain it in words. This white hole... something is calling me towards it. Can't you feel it, Young Star?"

Novae sat silent for a moment, and that's when she felt it deep within her body. It was like her blood was beginning to boil and her heart was beating much faster than normal.

"Astrealis..." A voice said to her through her mind. It was deep and powerful with a strong roar under its tone.

"What is that voice?" She thought to herself.

"All right, Coran, open up a wormhole." Shiro said, bringing Novae back to reality.

"Well, let's fly into the cosmic death storm." Lance muttered under his breath.

Voltron flew straight into the wormhole and exited into the white hole. In the blink of an eye, the team was quickly pushed back by the immense force being pushed against them from the white hole.

"We're being blasted backward! Full power to thrusters!" Shiro ordered.

Hunk and Allura gave their lions everything they had, pushing Voltron forward harder than before.

"We're making progress!" Allura shouted as they kept going forward very slowly.

But then, something appeared in front of them that left them speechless.

A great creature came out from the white hole, with glowing yellow eyes and blue markings against its white main body. It glared at the Paladins but something in Novae told her to not worry, that it was a friendly creature.

"Is that... a lion?" Lance asked in just as much shock as the others were in.

The lion opened its mouth and roared, expelling a powerful shockwave that pushed everyone away.

"Fire lasers!" Shiro ordered.

The Green Lion fired its lasers, but the white lion wasn't fazed by it and reformed after it was shot.

"There's nothing to hit." Lance shouted.

Over and over, the lion shot lasers at the Paladins, but they couldn't land a hit nor could they dodge every attack the Lion threw at them. However, there was one thing that stood out. It deliberately avoided hitting the Gold Lion parts of Voltron. And Novae could sense it as well.

"You need to get out of there! That thing is a guardian! It will only allow those who are worthy through." Lotor yelled through the comms.

"Oh, thanks for the tip!" Lance shouted annoyed by the late warning.

The white lion suddenly shot at Voltron while they were distracted and were forced out of the white hole. The energy from the blast was so intense that Voltron came undone and all of the lions were floating aimlessly in space.

"I can't control my lion." Pidge groaned.

"Me neither. I've lost power." Lance said.

"I'm dead in the water."

"I think we all are." Shiro said gripping my control tightly.

"These lions aren't going anywhere." Hunk said.

"Let's figure this out quick back at the Castle. Everyone, prepare to a manual EVA. Rendezvous back at the Castle." Shiro ordered.

Everyone rushed out of their disabled lions and floated towards the Castle to regroup.

🦁🦁🦁~~~~🦁🦁🦁

The team walked onto the Bridge and saw Coran and Lotor standing near the control panel. But Lotor had new... features. He had glowing white Altean markings on his cheekbones, though they were slightly larger than the Altean markings Allura and Novae had.

"I managed to restore auxiliary power, but it won't last long." Coran said, "If we don't get the Castle up and running within the next quintant, well be out of air."

"Maybe we can decrease our breathers by one." Lance annoyingly suggested while staring directly at Lotor.

"Uh, what's up with your face?" Hunk asked after seeing Lotor's strange Altean markings.

"Yeah, and if this is the home of Altean alchemy, why can't Voltron get in?" Pidge asked.

Lotor looked down, a slightly sense of regret in his eyes.

"I am sorry to put us in this position, but I think I know the answer. Look at Allura and Novaleyia." Lotor said.

Everyone turned around and saw Allura and Novae taking off their helmets. They were surprised to see that both of the girls' Altean markings were glowing, but Novae had other marks as well.

Allura gasped when she saw her marks glowing, gently touching them in shock. Novae did the same, but she didn't look like she was surprised. Just as she was putting her hand down, she noticed that on the back of her left hand, Zaurelia's mark was glowing even through the black gloves she was wearing. The mark of the Estellian Royal Family.

"Whoa! What's happening?" Pidge asked.

Allura looked towards Lotor and walked in front of him.

"You have them too." She said smiling at the Galra Prince.

Lotor stood back up and explained, "They are called he Mark of the the Chosen. They are mentioned in some of the Oriande legends. They indicate those worthy of entering the realm."

"But what about Novae?" Hunk asked, "She's only a quarter Altean on her mother's side, right? And what's with that mark on her hand?"

"There are different types of Alteans." Lotor began to explain, "Allura possesses a deep connection with ancient Altean energy. It enables her to operate the teludav and change her size and shape. Her father had greater alchemical understanding than any before him. Others are less magical, no offense." Coran huffed.

"As for me, it is possible that the guardian was expecting me." Novae said gathering everyone's attention towards her.

"Why do you think that, Novaleyia?" Lotor asked.

She looked down at the mark on her hand, the Gold Lion bracelet giving off a soft glow as well that pulsed with the glowing mark on her hand.

"Everything that my father said to me as a child is finally starting to come to light." She explained, "He said through the stories that there was a guardian that protects the sacred land. He even promised that one day when I was old enough that I too would be able to come to this land. If the Guardian is the protector of this land, then my father must've seen it and entered Oriande."

"And what do you think about it?" Shiro asked, "Do you think we can trust the Guardian?"

"I believe we can." Novae answered, "The Guardian was simply doing its job in keeping out intruders, to which were that. Besides, that voice..."

"A voice?" Lance asked.

Novae realized her mistake in revealing that last bit, "Nothing, just muttering to myself for a moment."

"So, what do we so now?" Hunk asked.

"Allura, Novaleyia and I need to enter the white hole alone." Lotor said

"What?" Lance shouted.

"Absolutely not! What about the monster?" Coran asked.

"The monster is a guard keeping the unworthy out. It won't hurt us." Lotor explained.

"Yeah, and before, you thought it wasn't going to hurt us!" Lance retorted.

"How are you going to get there? Were stuck." Pidge pointed out.

"We can use the personal transport crafts." Allura suggested happily, but Coran was worried about the venture.

He grabbed Allura by the shoulders, "Allura, please! It's too dangerous." He begged.

"Coran, I must gain some kind of alchemical knowledge in Oriande, both to save our own lives and being peace to the universe."

Novae walked over to Novae and placed a hand on her shoulder, "You do not need to worry, Coran. I won't let anything happen to Allura." Her smile was small, but it was enough to give Coran at least some relief.

Allura looked back out towards the group.

"Don't worry. This will work. I can feel it." She promised before going with Lotor and Novae to the white hole.

🦁🦁🦁~~~~🦁🦁🦁

Lotor, Allura and Novae flew through the white hole using the personal transport crafts, entering the white hole with hardly any issues thus far. Just as they entered the white hole, the white Lion appeared and opened its mouth as if it was going to attack the trio.

However, all it did was allow the three to pass through it, entering the sacred land of Oriande. Novae kept her eyes open throughout the entire transport. And her father's words did not nearly describe the true beauty of Oriande.

There was light as far as the eye could see, white marble lands floating amongst the lilac and pink clouds that simply traveled with the imaginary wind. The lands had an ethereal glow to them as a blue light traveled to her eyes from the marble lands. Novae couldn't help but smile upon seeing this incredible sacred land, the land that her father once traveled to and came back with stories for her and her younger siblings.

"It's amazing." Allura gasped in amazement.

They quickly landed on the main island in Oriande, consisting of a large mountain they would have to climb to reach their destination.

"None of my research could have ever prepared me for this." Lotor said, "From here, we are on our own."

They started climbing the mountain, but with each passing moment, Novae could something strange about this sacred land.

"Estellian Empress.." That same voice from before called to her yet again, "Come and greet me, young Starlight Empress. You are always welcome in my domain."

Novae didn't say anything about the voice to Lotor or Allura, in fear that maybe she was simply just hearing things, or that it could cause trouble.

🦁🦁🦁~~~~🦁🦁🦁

Meanwhile at the Castle, the rest of the team worked hard on fixing the power to the ship before they lost all of their air supplies.

"Anything?" Pidge asked.

"No." Hunk answered, trying to ignore Lance's squeaking suit as he bounced his knee up and down in his anxiety.

"What's happening? What do you think they're doing right now?" He asked no one in particular.

"Now?" Pidge asked ignoring Lance.

"No." Coran answered.

"Wait, what?" Lance asked.

"We're not talking to you, Lance." Pidge replied, "Is this doing anything?"

"Do you think they're all right? I mean, will they be able to get back?" Lance continued to ask.

"I don't think so." Hunk answered Pidge.

"You don't?" Lance exclaimed thinking that he was being answered.

"He's not talking to you." Pidge said.

"Well, excuse me for being concerned!"

"Coran, try to fire the chargers." Pidge called out and Coran did as told while Lance began to pace.

"Nerve-racking waiting for Allura and Novae to get back." He said.

"I'm afraid they're dead." Coran said.

"What?!" Lance screamed.

"Shiro! Can you take Lance, please?" Pidge and and Shiro led Lance out of the room to cool off. As soon as they left, Lance went over to the far wall and banged his head against the metal.

"It's okay, Shiro." He groaned, "I'll be quiet. You don't have to babysit me."

Shiro sighed and leaned back against the other wall, crossing his arms over his chest. Lance, hearing only silence, turned around to see Shiro with a very concerned look on his face.

"Shiro? You okay?" He asked.

Shiro looked down at his feet, "To be honest, Lance, I'm nervous for Novae."

"I get it. We're all a little worried for Allura and Novae since they're with Loto--"

"No, it's not just that." Shiro cut the Blue Paladin off, "I'm not just nervous about her being with Lotor, I'm worried about a few more other things."

"Well, you can talk to me. I may not be the smartest guy, but I'll give it my best shot with advice." Shiro looked up at Lance and decided to sit and talk, since they didn't have anything else to do in the meantime.

Lance sat next to Shiro and got ready to listen to whatever Shiro had to talk about.

"Novae said something to me back on Olkarion. You know, when we fought that monster in the forest." Shiro began, "She said that I was trying to tell her something, but I can't remember what it was I was trying to say. Everything was so fuzzy and my memory is being clouded by something. I don't feel right."

"What do you mean?" Lance asked.

"I don't feel like I'm myself. Even Novae said it, that I'm not the Takashi Shirogane she once knew, and I know that she's right. I'm not the same as I was before and I'm scared that maybe... I might lose her."

Lance was surprised by what Shiro said. He claimed that he was worried, but mostly what he was worried about... was Novae. It made him wonder...

"Shiro, tell me if this is too personal... but do you like Novae?" Lance asked.

"Of course I like her." Shiro answered quickly, "She's a good friend and---"

"No, no, no, I mean.... like-like her. Like, in a romantic sense."

Shiro could hardly hide the pink tint to his cheeks at the mention of romantic feelings for Novae. I mean, who wouldn't fall for Novae? She's brave, strong, passionate, and incredibly warm to all she meets that need help or just a simple hand to hold.

But Shiro was also very confused. For his entire life, he had been attracted to men. He was even engaged to Adam, his partner back on Earth. But now... he was starting to fall for Novae, the first person he had ever met in space, and the one constantly protecting so much with the weight of her pain and the universe on her shoulders.

Shiro took in a deep breath and nodded, "I suppose I have fallen for her." He answered.

"Wow." Lance gasped, "I didn't think you admit it actually."

Shiro chuckled, "It's kinda hard to admit it to her, though."

"Why don't you?"

Shiro shook his head, "I can't. Not now anyway. You've seen how she's been talking and acting towards me right now. She's still angry with me. Besides, right now, we need to pick up the pieces of this war. There's really no time for a confession like this."

"You're starting to sound like an old man." Lance chuckled, "Listen, Novae's just a little stressed like the rest of us. She's a very forgiving person, so I'm sure she'll come around and you'll be good friends again."

Shiro felt a little better, knowing that Novae was indeed a forgiving person. But she did keep a grudge against Lotor for the death of her friend Namine for thousands of years. What is she never forgave him? Will he never get to speak to her like a friend again? Could he ever tell her his feelings?

So many things were uncertain, and all he could do was worry about his friend.

🦁🦁🦁~~~~🦁🦁🦁

"I wonder if father climbed this mountain." Allura wondered aloud panting heavily as the three of them continued to climb the tall mountain.

"I think the same, Allura." Novae said, "But Father never mentioned ever having climb such a mountain."

"You know, I envy you growing up with King Alfor." Lotor said from below, "I always wanted to be an explorer and learn about the universe. My father was only interested in conquering it. And Novaleyia, I envy you as well."

"How so?" Novae asked gripping another rock.

"You're father was not judged for his bloodline, instead your people saw it as an even greater sign of strength. Meanwhile, I was constantly looked down upon because my mother was Altean. You were able to live with a mother and father that embraced their differences and showed them off, never hiding them from the people of the universe."

Novae thought about her bloodline, how her mother and father encouraged her and her siblings to never hide their mixed blood and to be proud of who they were in their heart. But after so long of hiding her Galran blood, she kind of understood how Lotor felt about his Altean blood being looked down upon as disgusting. It was how she felt about her blood.

The three quickly reached the top of the cliffside of the mountain.

"My father once put me in charge of a planet for a year, running the quintessence mining and getting to know the local population. Rather than employ the usual Galran methods of subjugation, I worked alongside the leadership of the ppanet, learning their customs. We would only extract as much quintessence as could be replenished. And I enjoyed my time there quite a bit. When my father found out what was happening, he ordered me to destroy the planet. I refused and he sent me away."

Lotor turned away and walked ahead.

"At least you stood up for those people." Allura said looking in the brighter side of the past situation.

"He destroyed them all." Lotor said, "I was powerless to stop him. I spent the following centuries searching for clues about my Altean heritage, another culture destroyed by Zarkon."

"I'm glad you're here to help me now. I never would have gotten here if not for you." Allura said with gratitude. Lotor turned around and smiled at Allura, but Novae kept a close eye on the Galran Emperor.

They reached the top and in the distance, was a shining white temple made entirely of marble. The three stared at the amazing temple, until they heard something roar from inside. They looked up at the entrance and saw the guardian standing tall in front of them.

Novae looked directly into the guardian's eyes and almost gasped when it looked back at her.

"I welcome you, Estellian Empress Novaleyia Astrealis. Descendant of Empress Zaurelia. Daughter of Orasis and Elaina Astrealis." The voice said again. This time, Novae knew it for sure.

"Novaleyia, you can hear them as well, can you not?" The Gold Lion asked her.

Novae nodded, "I can. But why is the guardian speaking to me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 4.1K 19
What happens when a part of Voltron, a paladin to be exact, is taken hostage by the Galra Empire? Would Voltron search far and wide for their missing...
50.4K 1.3K 28
It always haunted her, the events that lead her to be alone. In her heart was a wound, to big to heal, left by them, and in her soul was a void, dark...
90.2K 2.8K 37
At long last, your eighteenth birthday has approached. You made a promise to yourself long ago that you would escape the ordeal of living with your n...