Dear Lindsey

By Nicksfix

Set in 2015: Stevie writes Lindsey a letter. How does he react to what she has to say..? More

Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27

Part 2

1.6K 44 11
By Nicksfix

"YOU DID WHAT?!", Stevie yelled and her eyes went wide in shock.

"Well, it had his name on it... So, I assumed you.."

"NO! KAREN!", Stevie was absolutely furious by now, "Lindsey was never supposed to see it!"

"But why do you write him a letter, put it in an envelope, write his name on it and never give it to him?!"

"That's none of your fucking business! Oh my God, no!", she said, collapsing on her bed when she slowly realized what she had written in that letter, "Karen, get me that letter back!"

"What? But how?!"

"I have no idea how! You screwed up! You get me that fucking letter back before he reads it!"

"Stevie, what the hell was in that letter?"

"It doesn't matter! Just get it back!"

"I'm sorry, Stevie.. Really, I had no idea.. So, so sorry.. But I guess I can't get you that letter back.."

"Why not?!", Stevie snapped.

"Because I handed it to him this morning and he already opened it up.."

"WHAT?!", Stevie cried out, "That means he already read it?"

"I guess so, yes.. At least, he opened it up and.. Well, I have no idea where he placed it then but.."

"Oh nooooo!", Stevie whined and covered her face with her hands, "Karen, what the hell have you done?!"

"Oh Stevie, I'm so sorry.. Really, so sorry.."

"Just get out of here!"

"Please, don't be like that, Stevie.. I..", Karen stuttered and approached her boss on the bed.

"GET OUT!", Stevie yelled once more, causing Karen to wince in response.

"I cannot even tell you how sorry I am, Stevie...", her assistant said once more and left silently her hotel suite.

Stevie buried her head in the pillows, not caring if the towel she had draped around her body was slowly opening up and exposing her whole naked body underneath. Lying there like that on the bed with her still wet hair and no make-up, she looked like a complete picture of misery. And then the tears came up. She couldn't believe what had just happened. Lindsey had that envelope with her letter in it and he had most likely read it already. What did he think about her now? She shook eagerly her head and let out a desperate long cry. This was absolutely horrible!

But what if Lindsey had not read it already? If there was even the slightest chance to get that letter back before he read her embarassing lines, she should go and take that chance.

She jumped up from the bed and dressed herself quickly, blow dried her hair in a hurry and ran out of her suite, down the hall to Lindsey's room. She listened carefully for any sound coming out of his suite but there was none. He was either not in there or already asleep.

She bit nervously her lip. What now?! She had to get it back! But what if he had read it already, what was she going to do then?!

Oh God, Stevie thought, and she wished the ground would just open and swallow her up!

She took a deep breath and knocked at his door. Carefully at first, then when he didn't open up immediately, harder and impatiently.

"What the hell!", she heard him yelling sleepily from inside, then the door opened up.

"Stevie?!"

"Hey..", she said and she felt how her cheeks turned red.

"What are you doing here?!", he asked surprised.

And for the first time, Stevie realized how unusual it was that she stood in front of his door in the middle of the night, only dressed in a nightie and a nightgown while he was only in a pajama himself.

"I... Well, I..", she stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Do you want to come in?", he chuckled when he noticed her flushed face and saw how nervous she was.

"Umm.. Okay..", she said quietly and went past him into his suite.

Her eyes wandered around the room, quickly scanning every inch of the suite, desperately looking for her letter.

"So, to what do I owe the honour of your visit?", he smirked, standing in the door frame with his arms crossed and an amused, sly grin on his face, and for God's sake, he was wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants just like all those years before when they had shared their last night together.

Stevie watched him closely. Had he already read the letter and that was why he looked at her like that or was he simply enjoying seeing her being that insecure and agitated. Even though, she was wearing clothes, she felt completely exposed in front of him, and she slowly lifted up her arms to cross them around her upper body.

"So?", he asked again and furrowed playfully his brow.

Her mind was racing. She had not even thought about an excuse to come here and see him in the middle of the night. What the hell was wrong with her?!

"Well.. I was just thinking.. How did you like tonight's show?"

"What?!"

"Did you like it?", she asked again, playing for time, her eyes still scanning the room.

"So, you're telling me, you came knocking at my door at 3 am, waking me up to ask me how I liked tonight's show?!"

"Mmmmm...", she muttered, still not looking at him, but slowly wandering into the next room to see if the letter was lying in there.

Lindsey watched her closely. What was wrong with her? She acted completely strange. The fact itself, that she was in his room in the middle of the night ALONE was one of the weirdest things that had happened to him lately. It had been years, decades, since she had been in his suite with him alone.

Slowly, he followed her behind. He saw her looking around his things. What the hell was she looking for?

"Can I help you?", he asked amused, startling her, when he saw her looking through his books and magazines on his nightstand.

"Umm, no!", she said quickly, turned around and smiled up at him.

"Stevie, what are you doing in here?"

"Nothing.. Just asking for tonight's performance.. So, how did you like it?"

"You don't give a fuck about tonight's show! So what is it?"

She felt the blood racing through her body, waves of adrenaline pumping through her blood, when his eyes captured her face. He had always been perfect in reading her body language. He knew perfectly well, that something was going on.

She took a deep breath. Maybe she should just ask for that letter and pray that he had not read it yet.

"Well... Karen gave you an envelope this morning with your name on it.. Do you remember?", she asked sheepishly, nervously playing with the cord on her nightgown.

"Yes, I do."

"Well.. You weren't supposed to.. umm.. read it.."

"Oh."

"So... Can I have it back?"

"It was from you?"

"Yes.", she said quickly, "You haven't read it yet?"

"No.."

"Give it back to me, please!", she pleaded.

"You know another Lindsey?"

"Umm... What?!"

"Well, since you don't want me to read a letter from you with my name on it, I assume it's for another Lindsey?", he said.

"Oh.. Well.. I..", she was desperately searching for the right words, "Just give it back to me, okay?"

"No."

"No?"

"No."

"Why not?", she asked with a shrill voice.

"I can't."

"Why not?!", she asked again.

"I don't have it here. It's in my stage costume bag."

"Oh..", her face dropped.

"Yeah.. And that is already on the plane."

"Okay..", she said slowly, "Can you give it back to me before you read it?"

"Why?"

"Lindsey, please!", she pleaded with him.

"Stevie, what was in that envelope?"

"I can't tell you."

"Why not?"

"I just can't!"

"Stevie!"

"No, Lindsey.."

"Why not?"

"BECAUSE IT'D FUCKING CHANGE THINGS BETWEEN US!", she yelled suddenly, then clasping her hands over her mouth.

He looked at her with wide eyes. What the hell was going on?!

"I go, now..", she said quickly and rushed past him to the door.

"Stevie, wait!", he said and followed her behind.

"No, don't touch me!", she said, when she saw his arms reaching out for her, "Just please, give me that letter back before you read it. Please, Lindsey.. Please, just for once.. Do what I say!"

These were her last words before she disappeared down the hall to escape into her own hotel suite again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 682 24
Set in 2001 Follow Stevie Nicks and her family through happy times and heartache. How far would a mother's love go to give her child the one thing sh...
12.2K 705 19
2016. When your wife and your mistress both have had enough of you.
13K 312 12
Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks are back at it again... doing what they do best.... fighting. But this time... there fight ends a little differen...
18.5K 795 20
Around 2010. Lindsey gets a reality check and the only person he wants is Stevie.