Learning To Live (Naruto Fan...

By XxSmileItsFreexX

Akako is hated by her family and village for her differences and ends up being forced to leave the village at... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The Leaf
Chapter 4: Trust
Chapter 5: Tricks and Choices
Chapter 6: New Team and Kakashi's Test
Chapter 7: First Trip Out
Chapter 8: Torn
Chapter 9: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 10: Goodbye
Chapter 11: Where to?

Chapter 3: The First Day

1.4K 67 9
By XxSmileItsFreexX

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN NARUTO!!!!

************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 3

***AKAKO'S POV***

We ate and then when Kakashi and I got back to his place he showed me what room I'm staying in and I haven't come out since. I would rather not be interrogated again today. Kakashi is treating me fairly well even if I knocked him out with my staff. None of them know I'm blind yet and I prefer to keep it that way for as long as possible. You see, when people learn that I'm blind they start treating me differently and think I'm weaker than they already think I am, it annoys the hell out of me.

The next morning Kakashi came in to 'wake me up' but noticed I was already awake and left. He didn't know I don't sleep. I either survive off those chakra pills or I meditate, it helps me build up energy while not having to actually go to sleep. I haven't been able to sleep for years as the nightmares plague my mind the moment I close my eyes. When I finally left the room I found that Kakashi had left, leaving me to find the academy myself, great. I left my cloak in the room with my bag and I was carrying Kaori's katana on my back and holding the staff in my left hand.

Leaving the house it felt weird not wearing the cloak but I carried on. I just picked a general direction to go and walked, I ate an apple on the way as my breakfast. I could tell I was getting some looks as people wondered who I but I ignored them and kept on going.

After 3 hours of walking in circles I decided to take advantage of the anbu guards that have been following me. "You could just show me the way to the academy and save all of us more trouble." What I have a terrible sense in direction. With a light thud one jumped out of their 'hiding' spots and landed next to me. Quickly she told me the directions and I gave a small nod in acknowledgement before she disappeared from sight.

Finally arriving at the academy, really late, I walked in the entrance, a woman came up to me and asked who I was. Stating my name she told me to follow her. So being a good girl like I am I followed her. She came to a classroom and entered. A minute later she came out with another man, she left after that.

"You must be Akako, the hokage informed me you would be joining is today, I'm Iruka- Sensei, I'm going to be your teacher for the next few days." He said with a smile. I gave a small nod. "Okay why don't you come in." Leaving me in the corridor he went back into the noisy classroom, there really hurting my ears. "Come on now calm down. Class be quiet! Silence! SHUT UP!" Silence. Well, that got their attention. "Now I want you welcome a new member to our class, Akako?"

Walking into the classroom, I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I could tell they weren't exactly strong by their chakra but they will grow I guess. "Akako, would you like to introduce yourself?"

"No."

"Ermmm, well, errrr..." I don't think he has ever had that reaction before. Luckily he was saved by another man bursting into the classroom.

"It's Naruto!” the man exclaimed.

"Not again..." Iruka groaned. Running out, leaving the class behind. The class was silent, sensing around I noticed that the back bench was empty so I chose to sit there rather than standing awkwardly in front of the class.

The moment I sat down the silence ended as the class erupted into random conversations and some throwing questions my way, which I ignored. Two girls came and stood next to me. One had long her like me but straight and the other had her hair tied back. I could try and get more description on their appearance but that takes more energy than that there is needed as using my kekkei genkai uses up my energy rather than chakra. And since I can remember people by their chakra, it really is just a waste.

"Stay away from my Sasuke!" They said in unison. Did they have this rehearsed?

"Who?" I had no idea who they were taking about but they didn't hear me as they had already started a fight between themselves. Fighting who's Sasuke he is.

No one else came to talk to me which I didn't mind. They were looking and talking about me to each other but they were too scared to actually speak with me.

Iruka never made it back before the class ended so basically this was a total waste of time. On my way to the training grounds where I was supposed to meet the old man someone bumped into my side. Stopping I sensed a girl, I recognise her from the class but she wasn't one of the ones who 'talked' to me. "I... I'm s...s..sorry" she stuttered. I offered my hand to help her up as she fell on the ground after bumping into me.

"It's alright." She accepted my hand and I pulled her up.

"M...my name I...is H.. Hinata Hyunga." So she's from the Hyunga clan.

"Akako Akiyama."

"Ni..nice to meet y...you."

"You don't need to be shy around me, I won't judge, and it's nice to meet you too."

"I'm s..sorry Akako but I need t..to go n..n..now, t...thank you for h...helping me u..up."

"You’re welcome, see you tomorrow."

"Goodbye, Akako."

Going our separate ways I continued on till I came to the training grounds. I could feel the old man’s chakra near but was surrounded by a few others, I recognised one other Kakashi .There was a rather big man beside the old man, and next to big man was another man and a woman all their chakra strength was around the same. Now I just need to find out their style in fighting. When the old man seen me out of the corner of his eye, he called out to me. "Ah, Akako, how did your first day go?" The rest turned surprised that they didn't sense me coming except for Kakashi who was happily reading his book.

"Fine."

"Come on now, did you make any new friends?"

"I see no reason in why you ask when you already know the answer."

"What do you mean child?"

"You've had an anbu reporting to you every hour or so after they had been following me?"

"Yes, well, let’s get on with this shall we?" I nodded. "You know Kakashi so this here is Ibiki," he told me indicating to the large man beside him. "This one is Asuma and last but not least is Kurenai." I gave a small nod in greeting.

"We're fighting a kid!" asked Ibiki.

"I wouldn't underestimate her if I was you." Kakashi speaks up.

"What could that kid do to me?"

"Why don't you ask Gai?"

"Why would I ask him, where is he anyway."

"He's currently at the hospital being treated for concussion."

"How did the idiot injure himself now?" Kakashi simply looked in my direction. Before Ibiki could say anymore the old man interrupted him.

"I think Ibiki should fight her and let us learn what she can do."

After a little protest from Ibiki we ended up facing each other in the middle of the clearing, the others stood at the edges. "You might want to put your stick down girly."

"I would rather not."

"You think you could harm me with a stick."

"I don't think I can."

"SEE! She doesn't even think..." I caught him off guard and hit him over the head with my staff and he fell face first into the ground. I landed next to him.

"I know I can." He reached out to grab me but I jumped back into my original spot before he could. I could hear the others laughing at him, even the old man.

"Your quick, I will give you that but it will take more than speed to beat me."

"Alright."

"God kid you’re really getting on my last nerves." He grumbled as he stood up. I decided to play with him for a while.

"Kakashi catch." I through my staff over to him, he caught it with ease. “I won't need that for this." Disappearing into the air I watched as Ibiki carefully looked around for any sign of me. Of course he wouldn't be able to find me since I basically became a part of the air itself, it’s part of my kekkei genkai.

Taking advantage of the time I have before I really start messing with him I examined him more closely. He was wearing a bandana thing on his head,  his face had two scars running down and wore a basic trench cloak. I would have gone into more detail but it seems Ibiki has gotten tired of waiting.

"Gone into hiding have ya?"

"Why would I do that?" I made my voice come out right next to his ear. He spun around looking for me. I noticed Kakashi had put his book away and had his other eye showing. He has the sharigan, I can tell by the chakra surrounding the eye it isn't there from birth. Asuma and Kurenai were asking Kakashi if he could see me but he just shook his head.

Focusing back on Ibiki I sensed he was getting angry. Making my voice come out again I whispered "looking for me." I kept repeating the process saying things like "over here, too slow, turn around, look up" and so on. By now he was spinning around frantically. Appearing next to Kakashi I grabbed my staff that was leaning against the tree right next to him then disappeared again. Not like they noticed since they were too busy looking for me by Ibiki rather than around themselves. When I appeared next to the old man he noticed me straight away but kept his eyes in the direction on Ibiki.

"Hold this." Handing him my staff and he took it gladly. The others still hadn't noticed. Finally appearing in front of Ibiki I kicked him in the stomach making him go flying across the clearing and into a tree which fell over through the impact. "You should have listened to Kakashi." I said to him as he groaned as he sat up.

"I'll have my staff back now." Kakashi turned to pick it up but noticed it was missing and froze.

"Don't worry Kakashi she gave it to me a minute ago, while you were all watching Ibiki." The old man said.

"Thanks." Taking the staff out of his hands, I used the staff to keep myself up right since keeping my kekkei genkai going for so long takes a lot out of you. They all looked at me in shock. I shouldn't have used it so much, now I have to rely on my hearing and the vibrations from the ground to be able to 'see'.

"You’re good." Asuma stated.

"She's very good." Corrected Kurenai.

"I have to say kid you’re growing on me." Ibiki said from behind me. That surprised me as I expected him to be mad at me know. I noticed I was putting more and more wait on my staff and so did Ibiki. "You alright kid?"

"Just used too much energy, I will be fine."

"You mean chakra?" Asked Asuma.

"No I haven't used any chakra except a small amount on that kick."

"It felt like more than a small amount." Chuckled Ibiki.

"Then how did you do that disappearing act?" Asked Kurenai.

"Kekkei Genkai."

"But they use chakra." Said Kakashi.

"Mine doesn't."

"Child I think you need to rest." The old man said his voice filled with concern.

"I'll be fi...." I didn't get to finish my sentence before I blacked out.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N Please tell me what you think.... The updates will be a lot slower as school is starting back tomorrow so I will only be able to write when I get a chance .... Well.... 

THANKS FOR READING ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 172 32
In the unknown lands of naruto a girl of unknown origin and history roams, with a past of true horror and sadness. When she is found by Team Minato...
3.3K 28 48
After Chiyo's clan is killed leaving her the only survivor she becomes a resident of the Hidden Leaf village. There she continues her dream of becomi...
35.3K 916 24
Asami Keiko and her friend Emi Arisu went home thinking they were going to just have a Naruto marathon when their whole plan changes when they get se...
26.8K 740 84
12 year old Kimiko Sumire's clan was massacred by a man with green snake like eyes when she was six years old and has known nothing but pain and dark...