Izuku is a Therapist for the...

By Passing_Ghost_Friend

Despite the need for a long break, Midoriya Izuku gets called back to reform to top members of the Meta Liber... More

Not Even the Beginning
Finding out the Dad
The Start of the Reform Program
The First Day
Bathroom Meetings
Geten
Curiosity Killed the Cat...
Curiosity Revived the Cat and Killed it Again
Satisfaction Brought it Back
Re-Destro has Arrived
Hanabata (Trumpet)
I'm the Leader. Not You
I'M COMING
Giant Fight
What Happens Now?
Chance for Chikazoku
The Trial
The Aftermath
Epilogue

Break=Reform

6.2K 267 439
By Passing_Ghost_Friend

"Have you considered looking towards a more religious outlook and turning to prayer?"

Midoriya logged out of the online meeting as fast as he could as soon as he heard the other therapist's advice. He sighed to himself, "Time to cancel the second appointment I made with them. Maybe I can find another one within the week to actually help with this."

Maybe he was being hasty trying to find a whole other therapist. And it didn't help that his main one had relocated somewhere else.

He glanced down at the email icon at the bottom of his computer screen. He turned away and closed the laptop with a click.

"I'm fine. I'm just fine. I'll just talk to myself until I can find a therapist to help me through this."

Izuku glanced to the side to see a framed photo of his mother and him when he was younger. He smiled at the photo until the reflection in the glass portrayed his face.

Slowly, his reflection melted into the face of All for One smiling back at him. He sneered back at the photo frame, reaching out to slam it against his desk.

Midoriya took a deep breath in before dragging his hands down his face. "I'm totally fine."

*

"So when exactly did you entertain the idea of giving up the villain's life? I remember we talked about it in an earlier session, but we haven't really gone into detail about it. And given these circumstances," Midoriya pursed his lips together, raising his gaze to meet All for One's scarred face. "I want to refresh on that idea."

"I told you once before in one of our sessions. I believe it was after the first reform program with Tomura and the others," All for One explained as Midoriya taps his foot against the ground. "I told you about how I was considering giving it all up at one point. But the life I made in the underground dragged me back in."

"And when did all of that happen?" Midoriya asked, trying to find out the timeline. And he knew enough from Tenko to lay down a somewhat accurate timeline. "Before or after you decided to take in Tenko."

"I had Tomura by the time I was considering leaving. But it wasn't as simple as you may think," All for One paused as his head slightly tilted back. "When I saw him on the alleyway, all I could think of was that he would be perfect against All Might. But then the idea of my family made me doubt my actions.

"Both sides tore me into two. I kept going back and forth between making Tomura my successor and continuing with my image. Or finally retiring from my name and letting it rest like an urban legend." All for One kept going as Midoriya listened intently. The villain's face ended up falling into a sneer, "I almost made my full decision but then All Might found me."

"I couldn't go back to my home while I was unrecognizable. Not when I was injured so badly and needed years to recover. And while I was resting, the thoughts of the more evil side of my life took over from there." All for One continued. "It all went on from there with Tomura slowly forming into my successor until now. Where my successor is free to live his life while I am stuck here."

"While you are stuck here facing the consequences," Midoriya leaned back. He crossed his arms and let out a small chuckle. "While the one part of the choice you left behind is on the other side of this glass."

"I didn't want to leave you two behind at first. But I look like this. I would have scared you both if I showed up in this form."

"Mom would have still loved you. You don't hear the way she talks about you, how she still talks about you because she doesn't know who you are," Izuku gritted his teeth at the glass. He clenched his fingers into the edge of his shirt. "You weren't there when I had to hear her cry every night because you weren't there. If you came home, she would have accepted you no matter what you looked like. So your looks aren't a good enough excuse by itself."

"I know. I know that your mother would have done everything to help me. That's how genuine of a person she is," All for One answered, his lips creeping up into a soft smile before falling back into a deep line. "But if I did go to her in this condition, you both would have ended up being dragged into my evil work one way or another because the league doctor was the only one that was able to care for me and my specific injuries."

Midoriya pursed his lips. It sounded like a good reason but he couldn't blindly trust it. Not when he knows that All for One is a master manipulator. He told him stories of how all he needs to do is say whatever the other person wants to get them to join him.

God, he was too scatter brained right now.

"That's... I ran out of what I wanted to ask about," Midroiya stood up abruptly which made All for One's head jerked up like he went to follow his movement even though the villain couldn't see. "I'll be back to ask more questions."

"Alright then, goodbye for now."

*

"Maybe it's your own fault everything turned out this way. Or your mother. She must have known something..."

Midoriya leveled a glare at the therapist which rendered him silent, "People like you shouldn't be a therapist. If I was your boss, I would have revoked your license by now. And you need to retake all of the classes required if you said this stuff to the people you talk to."

He stood up and walked out of the room. Izuku sighed, "And now I have to report another one. What a waste of money."

As soon as he made it back home, he marched his way to his documents inside his office. He needed more answers, he needed the truth.

With a strong pull, he pull out a hefty folder from his visits with All for One inside his filing cabinet. He pulled it out so quickly the papers fell onto the floor. Midoriya breathed heavily as he started to organize the papers on the floor from each session he had with the infamous villain.

*

All for One asked as Midoriya entered the room and slammed the door shut behind him, "You're back again?"

Midoriya marched up to the seat and slammed down into the chair, "Aren't you happy that I came again?"

"Well, of course I am. Even though it doesn't seem like you are all that happy about this situation," All for One replied as Midoriya took his seat in front of the glass with a stern expression written across his face. "Now, more questions or can I get back to tell you about my stories?

"What were your intentions with my mother?"

All for One shook his head softly, "Ah, so more questions it is."

"I met Inko back when I had my influence running strongly in the underground and above ground in many businesses. I was checking on one of my followers that was trying to run a drug ring within their pharmacy without my permission," All for One explained as he started to grin. "But then I saw a green haired woman totally berating them for trying to sell to some teenager. I found her to be interesting. So I walked up to basically take my follower away so I could deal with them directly. The way she looked at me was indescribable."

"Bleh," Midoriya fake gagged at the expression on the scarred villain's face.

"Hey, I was handsome back in my day. You'll understand when you find someone like that." All for One defended himself before continuing. "Anyway, I found an interest in her since many other people would have just turned a blind eye and left it to the heroes. But she faced him directly and spoke her mind. So I needed to know more about her."

"So I used my sources to collect more information about her."

"You stalked her?" Midoriya raised an eyebrow at his wording.

"It was only slightly on her social media just enough to know what she liked," All for One huffed but still continued in his response. "And eventually I found her again and wanted to pursue something with her.

"And then?"

"It led me down a road that I didn't expect would happen. I ended up marrying her and having a baby on the way. And that is when I started to doubt if I wanted to live one life or the other or if I could do both."

"And then you choose the villain's route since that was going to be easier than just giving it up?" Midoriya asked.

"I was trying to keep you two away from that side of my life."

"Oh, but Tomura could dive right in since you wanted revenge so badly," Midoriya remarked sarcastically, his anger rising as he thought back to how Tenko was treated. "A traumatized child can't possibly be harmed in the dangerous life you were keeping us away from."

"I was doing it for you two," All for One replied strongly with a deep tone in his voice. "If All Might found out about you two, he probably would have done the same that I did with Tomura. Or worse just because you two were connected to me. He might have thrown you two in jail."

"How am I supposed to know if you were trying to be a good person after a hundred years? How the hell am I supposed to trust you as a father when you haven't been in my life for years? How?" Midoriya slammed his fist into his thigh, his voice raising as he started to crack. "Tell me! Am I supposed to believe you when you say you were ready to give it all up only to change your mind so quickly? Who's to say that you were just saying that to try and make me trust you?"

"I had a plan ready because I was planning on giving it up," All for One shushed him before he could make another sound. "Listen to me, I still have my bodyguard. You can confirm my actions towards you on how exactly I was trying to plan things out back then. Just go to him."

"To who?" Midoriya replied quickly.

All for One steadied his expression while the whole room seemed more silent than before, "Gigantomachia."

*

'He is stationed within the forest and has been waiting on a command or order from the doctor or me for years now. Kurogiri was taking care of him before the league was undoubtedly captured. And since the doctor and I are not around, he should still be there. All you have to do is say one thing and it will reveal the plan I made.'

"I can't believe he has a random man hiding out in the forest just for some backup plan he had years ago," Midoriya muttered as he walked between two tall trees. He almost stumbled on a big tree root if Kumogiri's hand didn't stop him from falling on his face.

Following his sperm donor's instruction, Izuku planned a trip to the forest with the league members there to provide backup along with a few heroes just in case things go south very quickly. Eraserhead, Midnight, Ingenium II, Creati and Hawks were all called in to help in the search.

"This is not just some random man, Midoriya," Kumogiri answered strictly. "Gigantomachia is the most loyal to All for One that his every movement and decision is dedicated towards him."

"And how will we find him in this giant forest?"

Kumogiri laughed, his eyes twinkling in a way he had never seen before in his gas-like form. "Trust me when I say, you will find him much easier than you think."

Midoriya raised an eyebrow at his words as they all continued on their hike through the forest.

"Ugh, I should have worn my other sneakers. I don't think my platform sneakers work well on this ground," Himiko complained while trying to balance on a tree root.

"Why the hell did you wear them?" Touya questioned.

Himiko put her hands on her hips before gesturing down at her whole pink and red attire. "Because they matched my outfit perfectly."

"Where's Magne?" Sako asked, tipping back his hat to wipe the sweat off his forehead with a handkerchief.

"She's spending the day with her man to do those cake tasting things," Himiko replied cheerfully.

"Aww. That sounds so good right now," Iguchi commented while he walked behind the others. "Hey, after we find this guy can we get cake?"

"And sushi!" Jin added happily.

"Cake and sushi sounds like an awful pairing together," Tenko mumbled as he continued on his walk, dragging his feet behind him.

"Quiet. We are here."

Midoriya narrowed his eyes as he looked past Kumogiri to see what was up ahead. He assumed it might be a rundown cabin that would be housing the bodyguard inside. But what he saw instead was a mountain with a river of rain going down the back.

"THAT—"

"Shh!"

Midroiya lowered his voice into a whisper, "That giant mountain is the bodyguard?"

"Indeed," Kumogiri confirmed right before Gigantomachia jerked his head up.

They all paused. Himiko threw her hands up to her mouth to silence herself as the giant man started to look around, sniffing the air like a predator trying to look for easy prey.

Kumogiri leaned his head forward to gaze down at Midoriya. "You remember the words, correct?"

Midoriya swallowed as Gigantomachia started to turn around. "Yeah."

"Good," Kumogiri said right as the giant man's eyes locked on their location. "Now run."

"IN-TRU-DERS!"

"Oh god. Hide. Hide!" Sako yelled out, pushing Iguchi and Himiko away from the giant man as Jin jogged away. Everyone started to retreat while the heroes started to take position. Ingenium II guided the members further away from the giant while Midnight started to tear at her sleeves to see if her gas would work.

Hawks flew overhead with Touya hanging from his arms while Creati stuck near Aizawa to try and form a plan.

Midoriya glanced behind him as he started to run to see Eraserhead staring him down only to quickly retreat with Creati following him. "Dammit, looks like Aizawa's quirk won't help with this."

Gigantomachia roared behind them, his huge hands parting two trees to help him pinpoint where they were. Creati shouted, dragging Eraserhead for cover while trying to form a long tranquilizer gun out of her stomach.

The mountainous man swept his arm in the air and grabbed Midoriya out of the bunch with Kumogiri reaching up after him. Midnight raced after his arm to try and grab hold of the giant's limb only to fall off quickly since she couldn't grip onto him.

Midoriya struggled against the bodyguard's tight grip on him. He dared to glance up at the hollow eyes of the giant who had a mouth of jagged teeth. He bit down on another yelp as he felt the giant tighten his grip further. Without a second to spare, he shouted out the words that All for One had given him to say.

"Gigantomachia!" Izuku yelled out from the giant man's fist. He struggled to pull himself up from the giant's grip, "Sit down for family!"

Gigantomachia slowly relaxed his grip on him, letting him go from his grip. Midoriya breathed heavily as he dropped to his knees while standing in the palm of Gigantomachia. The giant man immediately plopped down onto the ground.

"Master?" Gigantomachia paused, looking down at him with a blank expression. No pupils in his unfocused white eyes. "NO, not master! But you know the promised words!"

"But Master All for One said those words..." Gigantomachia thought out loud, tilting his head side to side. "Hmm. 'Family'. OH! OH!" The giant suddenly smiled wide at him which made chills go down his spine. "YOU ARE LITTLE MASTER!"

"I'm what now?!"

"MASTER'S SON! Master's creation!" Gigantomachia started to genuinely tear up. Midoriya suddenly found himself being pushed against the side of the giant's face, "LITTLE MASTER!"

The reformed league members and the heroes watched as the dangerous giant that they were fighting became a gentle giant.

Tenko watched as Midoriya struggled against the embrace. "Wow. Who knew it would be that easy?"

"I'LL TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU, LITTLE MASTER! I'LL DESTROY ANYONE IN YOUR PATH, I PROMISE!"

"That's a lovely offer!" Izuku shouted back even though his yell was muffled due to the giant rubbing his face against him like a puppy.

"It wouldn't be given the fact I was never given such a phrase to say when I cared for him many years ago under orders," Kumogiri stated, recalling his attempts to make sure the giant was still alive while keeping a long distance away. "It seems like this phrase was specifically prepared with All for One's family in mind.

"Wow," Tenko mumbled. He pressed his lips together in a thin line. "I have more to rant about now. But I'm going to hold off on it."

"Eh, just tell it to me," Iguchi shrugged as he walked up beside Tenko. "I'll be the ranting buddy you need."

Tenko took a moment to process the offer. With a hum, he replied, "I will prepare the games, you bring the snacks."

"Got it! Saturday like usual?"

"Of course."

"Microwave popcorn?"

"Most definitely."

"They meet up on saturdays?" Touya asked with a raised eyebrow as they started to discuss which flavor of ramen they should eat.

Yeah, it's like they go on little friend dates with each other," Himiko responded, putting her hands on her hips. "They play shitty dating simulators."

"Hey, they aren't shitty," Iguchi raised his voice to reply. "We just got done playing as an apple romancing a banana who was our best friend from childhood!"

"Oh, was it good?" Jin looked hopeful.

Tenko nodded as Midoriya succumbed to the giant's hold behind him, "It was hilarious."

"LITTLE MASTER!"

"You can just call me Izuku!"

"LITTLE MASTER IZUKU!"

*

"Why didn't you just come to me straight away?"

"I thought your schedule was busy," Midoriya replied to the therapist over the screen. He slumped into his seat. "Plus, this is a whole new set of things that—,"

"Izuku, apart from you, the most clients I get are elderly or teenagers. There is no inbetween. Plus, this is my job as you know since you are a therapist too. It's not a burden to me to listen to your issues." His therapist pushed up her glasses over the computer screen, "I might have relocated, but I'm still going to have time for you and all my other patients.

His therapist straightened her posture and looked at him through the screen, "Anyway, what do you need to talk about? Any new revelation in your life?"

Midoriya blinked back at the screen, noting how she read his body language and quickly grabbed a notepad next to her, "You could say that."

He took the time over the next two hours to fully explain to her what had been happening recently in his life. He went into unnecessary detail about his new bodyguard that he needed to persuade to stay in the forest because he wouldn't fit at his apartment.

"So your dad is..."

"Yep."

"And that situation combined with the whole issue of identity as well as the new reform program..." his therapist sighed over the screen, her pen coming to a stop on her notepad. "You must be feeling overwhelmed with so many things happening all at once."

"Yep."

"I'm not sure which words of comfort I can give you. The number one thing to tell you to remember is that your parent's actions, whether they are a villain or not, do not reflect on who you are as a person."

"I get that, it's just..." Midoriya sighed. "What does this mean for me? I'm my own father's therapist! And I didn't even know he was my father. And he said he was planning on telling me, but he made it seem like he wasn't going to tell me anytime soon. Was he just going to go on and on until he reached the end of his stories? Was he just going to go 'oh yeah, and I'm your father' in a dramatic way like Dark Vader."

Midroiya continues to rant while his therapist listens to every word, "And now! Now I'm stuck with a bodyguard the size of a mountain who is adamant on me being his master now since my fa— All for—. Ugh! His previous villainous potato face master is still in jail!"

"What was the bodyguard's name again? Ginormous?"

"Gigantomachia. I was barely able to fight him for even a second when he started to attack. If I didn't say that phrase, I was sure he was going to wreck me by either crushing me in his fist or throwing me against a tree really hard."

His therapist hummed, nodding her head at his response, "Ah, I see. Many things are happening all at once which is causing you to stress over things big or small. I think the best thing to do right now is step away from it for a while and give yourself a break."

"How do I do that?" Midoriya asked while dragging a hand down his face, "Gigantomachia is determined to follow my every step. I could hardly ask him to stay in the forest before I left.

"Then make it an order," his therapist instructed. "Tell your new bodyguard that you need space for now and if you need him, you will call for him."

"Will he listen to me?"

His therapist lowered her glasses, "You just said you are his new master. If he doesn't follow, that doesn't make him as loyal as you said he was."

"... Okay," Midoriya breathed out. "Onto the next part, you are saying that I need to take a break?"

"Yes, somewhere away from civilization for a minute or just spending time with people close to you. I personally aim more towards somewhere in the countryside with little internet, so I could just rest and read a book or two," His therapist explained, crossing her leg into a more comfortable position. "Whatever you see fit that will relax you from the stress in your life currently, I suggest you take it."

A break. A vacation...

When was the last time he did something like that?

Ever since he was recruited by Nedzu, he has been working hard to help others to follow his new dream. And through the years, he has plenty of time to himself when he isn't talking with a new patient. So he hasn't really taken any long breaks, especially for himself.

But with what happened recently especially with his father coming out of nowhere, a new bodyguard, and everything just piling up...

He can't. He can't rest now because the situation with All for One will come up. He still hasn't told his mother about it. And what about the new reform...

The new reform program. Midoriya suddenly looked to the bottom of his computer screen with the email icon staring back at him.

"Thank you," Midroiya said, opening up his email inbox in a second window, allowing his therapist to shrink on his screen. His eyes scanned the top of the reform request. "I think I will take your advice."

He ended the call with a quirk farewell before pulling up the request form on his email.

With each reform program, he ends up doing his work while relaxing for the most part. With the last two groups of members, he actually ended up becoming friends with all of them. So who's to say it won't happen with this group?

Their ideal is the only thing holding him back. Midoriya bit down on his lip, "If they adore quirks to that kind of extent, then I just won't reveal I am quirkless to them so quickly or easily. That way I can gain their respect in other ways to show my strength."

He started to ramble out his thoughts, filling his office with the white noise of his mumbles. A house in the middle of nowhere surrounded by a wall is the perfect amount of serenity since no one else from the outside could bother him about the issues stressing him out now. And he gets to do the work that he will get paid for.

This will be like taking care of two birds with one stone.

Without another thought to pass his mind, he sent off an email to accept the request.

He has done this two times already. How hard could the third one be?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.6K 1K 17
Ever since Izuku Midoriya joined U.A. High School and settled in, he knew that the League of Villains were after him and his quirk: One For All. Howe...
4.5K 142 4
Takeo Midoriya. The eldest of the three. The most matured of all of them and the only one who isn't reckless. But protects his friends and family. A...
290 4 7
In a world where Izuku Midoriya is slowly falling into a deeper depressive state. Enough that he becomes almost unrecognizable by the people around h...
86 6 2
This book is property of Izuku Midoriya. If found please return.