A New Life (MikeyXOC Tokyo Re...

By SkyrahNix

Hanagaki Kairi liked to fight in her own universe but somehow woke up being a whole new Hanagaki Kairi (Hanag... More

Chapter 1 Strange Occurrence
Chapter 2 A New Friendship
Chapter 3 Territory
Chapter 4 Protected
Chapter 5 Serious Meeting
Chapter 6 Date
Chapter 7 Celebration
Chapter 8 A Promise
Chapter 9 Beach
Chapter 10 Claim
Chapter 11 Attack
Chapter 12 Complete
Chapter 13 Seven Deadly Sins
Chapter 14 Not According to Plan
Chapter 15 Sacrifice
Chapter 16 Home
Chapter 17 Mikey's Dark Impulse
Chapter 18 Fluff
Chapter 19 Development
Chapter 20 Disagreement
Chapter 21 I Am Lucifer
Chapter 22 Looking Back
Chapter 23 Forgiveness
Chapter 24 Confessions
Chapter 25 Christmas Eve
Chapter 26 Bleeding Christmas
Chapter 27 Mikey's Thoughts
Chapter 28 To A New year
Chapter 29 The Real Lucifer
Chapter 30 Demon
Chapter 31 Impressions
Chapter 32 No More secrets
Chapter 33 A Taste
Chapter 34 Preferences
Chapter 35 Heat
Chapter 36 The News
Chapter 37 Nervousness
Chapter 38 Announcement
Chapter 39 Kai's Death Day
Chapter 40 Enraged
Chapter 41 Imposter
Chapter 42 Awake
Chapter 43 A New Dark Impulse
Chapter 44 Unforeseen Future
Chapter 45 Kai's Dark Future
Chapter 46 Rebirth of the Seven Deadly Sins
Chapter 47 The New Mammon
Chapter 48 Enemy Territory
Chapter 49 Stirred up
Chapter 50 New Resolve

Chapter 51 Final Battle

2.2K 79 15
By SkyrahNix

June 8th, 2008

The rain that drenched her clothes felt like nothing to her. Her body had grown as cold as her heart felt. She wasn't sure what she was even fighting for anymore. She watched with vacant eyes as her former friends desperately fought against her gain. She saw in the distance as Mikey and Takemichi tried their hardest to reach where she stood but many of her Sinners stood in their way.

Blood mixed in with the mud on the ground where bodies laid motionless. She didn't believe that anyone had died yet but she wasn't sure if that would phase her in the state she was in. She felt emptiness.

Her mind had been a mess. A storm that raged out of control. If she wanted to protect the people she cared about, she would have to face them here. But they would not stop would they? Would she need to kill them to stop them? If that was the truth then wouldn't this all be for nothing? That was why she felt the need to lock away her emotions as they would cloud her.

'You know, Kai. No matter what you do, there will be others like me that want to use someone like you for their entertainment or their own gain. Take Kisaki for example. He is using Mikey for his own gain.' A twisted smile looking down in the alley at the figure bleeding out on the ground.

'Aren't you the one being used?' Eyes that shone like daggers at the sadistic bastard that dared betray her.

'Hahaha. I'm aware. But you got too boring after falling in love. I hope you survive this. I hope you remember what I did to you. Because it was all your fault. You shouldn't have become so weak. You should have always just destroyed like you were good at. Being happy doesn't suit you.' Leaning in, 'And I know there will be others that will take everything from you or Mikey just so they can get the monster. It's either you or Mikey. I wonder who will become the monster that destroys everything. Either way, one of you can never be happy because of that.'

'I-I don't understand...'

A sigh, 'It's easy. The both of you have something inside of you that can rule the world with blood and violence but for that to happen well... one of you has to turn into a monster. That is why I decided to just go along with Kisaki's plan. I wouldn't be able to take Mikey down right now. But you let your guard down when you are with friends. Especially... me. It only makes sense to try to turn Mikey into the monster. It's the easiest. With his dark impulse. His love for you. Plus, with an added bonus that you're carrying that baby... oh whoops. Was.'

'Are you saying it's Mikey's fate to become a monster?' Thoughts of what Take told her about the futures he had seen of Mikey turning Toman into something sinister flashed in her mind.

'Like I said. It's always been either you or Mikey.'

All she ever wanted was for Mikey to be free from this fate. All she wanted was for him to be able to live happily with everyone else. Why was he so damn stubborn? Why wouldn't he just let her go? She was doing this for his sake. But it was all messed up now. And the future Takemichi had to try to stop her.

Fuck.

She turned to Hanma who stood by her side, "Keep them busy for me."

"Of course," he said with a smirk, moving to join the war between 7S and Toman. His eyes shone with excitement as he approached the two males that were the most desperate to get to her.

"Kairi."

Darkened blue eyes shifted to look to the side. Her features did not change as she peered through his eyes.

"Izana."

The male smiled at her with closed eyes, "How about you give up. My brother-"

"Tch," she clicked her tongue, turning her full body to him, "How about I kill you here." She unsheathed her katana that had been on her back.

Izana regarded her. Something had changed since the last time he saw her. She seemed more dangerous than before. He could sense the bloodlust coming from every inch of her body. The look in her eyes told him what he needed to know. She had the gaze of a killer. She was not merely threatening him.

Still. He kept his ground. With his back straight, he approached her. He watched her as her eyes narrowed even further. Her body took a defensive stance. For just an instance, he saw the look of hesitance in her eyes before they looked deadly again with silent warning to stay away from her.

"I promised my brother that I would do everything to bring you back to him."

"Ha?" she pointed the tip of her katana to his throat now to keep him from coming any closer. "You will need to kill me then. I have no intention to give up on my goal to rule the world. No one can stand in my way."

"You'll kill him, Kairi." Izana saw the flash of worry in her eyes for a moment. "Your brother told us everything. About all the futures. Of what your brother has fought for all this time. If you continue on this path you will kill my little brother. I can't allow that. I won't allow that."

I... I kill Mikey...? Thoughts began to devour her.

"I wouldn't-"

"You will. By leaving him. You are killing him, Kairi."

Doubt began to cloud her mind. She shook her head. Her body began to shiver from the cold now. She took a few steps back.

"I wouldn't."

"Takemitchy says otherwise. He heard it from the future you. Mikey kills himself because of you."

Her eyes widened. Mikey commits suicide because of her?

"Apparently, this is when you are supposed to take my life and show that you will never come back. That you are too far gone." He smiled, "Tell me, Kairi. Are you? Are you too far gone that you would kill me and kill Mikey's heart?"

Despite being drenched, her mouth became dry. Her distorted mind had that thought. She had planned to show everyone that she wasn't ever going to be saved by taking Izana's life. She did not know him. She had no attachment to him. He would be the easiest for her to kill and protect the others by having them turn their backs on her. But if killing him meant that Mikey would end his own life... What should she do? Would Mikey still take his own life even if he knew about this future? Should she risk it?

"Kairi!"

The shout cut her thoughts but she made no attempt to look at the speaker.

Ayato continued, "Don't do it!"

Kairi felt like someone was gripping tightly to her heart that it would burst. The pain she had suffered the last two years was making her tremble. But she had to stay strong. Her katana was still aiming for Izana's throat.

"He- He is my brother, Kairi! Please!" Ayato begged.

"Why would that matter to me?!" Kairi shouted in a growl, the tension in her body growing more intensely.

The fighting around them had stopped to watch the scene. Everyone looked as they saw Kairi aiming her sharp blade to Izana's throat. The Seven had surrounded their leader, keeping anyone away from the scene to prevent their intervention.

Ayato kept being pushed back by Katsuhiro. Baji tried to help her but he was surrounded by Sinners. No one could break through. All they could do was watch in helpless silence as the rain continued to pour down on them.

"Kairi!" She flinched at the voice of her brother. "He is Ayato's, Emma's, and Mikey's older brother! How could you say that?! You don't mean it!"

"Shut up," she growled under her breath.

"This isn't you! You don't have to do this! It's not too late to-"

"I said shut up!"

Widened eyes watched as she lifted her katana, ready to strike down Izana who didn't move out of the way or fought her. It was as if he held no doubt in his heart. The blade stopped just to his neck. A small trickle of blood.

"Why? Why are you standing there?! Are you a fool?! Do you want to die?!" she yelled at him, trembling even more.

He smiled at her, "You don't want to kill me."

"I do."

"Then why are you crying, Kairi?"

Stunned by his question, her body slumped. The hand that held the katana laid at her side as she brought a hand to her eyes. She hadn't realized she was crying. It was raining so hard. How did Izana even notice?

The Seven watched with thinned lips. They had seen her suffering alone for two years. They had never thought of her as weak. Each of them were aware of her true motives. They knew she did not have a black heart. And killing had torn up her heart. She wasn't a killer even if her hands were now stained in blood. But there was nothing they could do for her but have her back.

Kairi felt the frustration and anger boiling her blood. She turned her deadly eyes to Izana as he continued to install doubt into her mind. Her grip on her katana failed her as she let the anger consume her. Her hand tightened in a fist as she lunged a punch to his cheek. It sent him back a few feet.

Izana had been caught off-guard. He had heard she was strong but he wasn't expecting the speed she had. He didn't even have enough time to block or dodge. Her hit was enough to send his head spinning. Now he understood how she had become a leader of a powerful gang.

She quickly moved to continue her beating but her path was blocked.

"Move."

"No," he said, "I'm your opponent now, Kai."

She smirked, "You? Are you just going to stand there like your older brother?"

His black eyes bore into her dark blues. He took the steps necessary to be standing just a couple feet from her. In the next second, her head was pounding. She felt the trickle of blood from her brow.

"Ah. Interesting." A cruel smile formed on her lips, "So, you can hit me now, Mikey?"

It hadn't surprised many to see that Kairi still stood her ground even after getting a direct hit from Mikey's kick. What surprised them was the fact that Mikey had actually kicked her.

"If you won't listen then I will just have to beat some sense into you," he said.

Without another word, Mikey lunged at her. Everyone watched as their leaders collided with every strike. Their eyes were wide at the scene before them. Both of them were like they were dancing around each other. Their movements were face and fluid. Every strike held power yet both would not fall.

After what felt like hours, Kairi struck Mikey's cheek causing him to stagger back but quickly regain his balance to do a roundhouse kick to her chest. She was flown back a few feets. She landed on her back in the mud.

Kairi's lungs felt like they were on fire. It hurt every breath she took. Her body ached all over. She was sure that she was bruised everywhere that he had been able to hit. And she could tell that he hadn't held back on her. If he had, she would have easily had the upper hand. But Mikey wasn't messing around. He really meant to defeat her.

Damnit.

She knew. She always knew. That no matter how strong she was, Mikey had more strength than her. She had no chance in winning against him if he was focused and put his all into the fight.

She could let him win though. Everything she had gone through the last two years would be in vain. The time she took Masashi's life after letting him suffer enough to satisfy her. The time she took care of Kisaki so he couldn't ever try to manipulate Mikey again. The times she killed anyone she deemed a threat to the safety of her friends. The times she had to kill those who tried to kill her. All those times she had killed, it would all be for nothing if she was defeated now.

She tried to get up but her body protested. It yearned for rest.

She felt a weight on her waist. Her tired eyes looked up to black eyes looking down at her. His face was close enough that it blocked the rain from landing on her face. She winced as her wrists were held captive to the sides of her head.

"Kai," his voice was gentle as he addressed her, "I'm sorry." She looked at him in confusion to his apology. The look in his eyes made her stay silent as she listened. "It's my fault you suffered all this time. I should have been able to protect you. I failed."

Her eyes narrowed as she struggled to get out of his grasp, "Fuck you! I hate you so much! I can protect myself! I don't need you! I'm not... I'm not weak damnit!"

She struggled some more. She bucked her hips in an attempt to push him off and tried to gain back the freedom for her arms but it was all in vain. He had trapped her in a hold she couldn't get out of. Not with how tired she was.

"I know you're not. It's why I took this fight seriously or I wouldn't have won." She paused, looking at him. "I know you are strong, Kai. I never doubted that. I just want to protect you because you are the woman I love. And I want to protect you for the rest of my life. I don't see what's wrong with that."

His words were prickling her chest. She shifted her head to the side, her wet hair clinging to her face. She couldn't bear to look at him.

"Even if I have to fight you to protect you from yourself. Kai, I love you."

"Stop it," she hissed, "It's over. Why can't you understand that? I don't need you to protect me."

She felt him leaning closer. His hot breath in his ear as he whispered, "Why are you crying, Kai?"

"I- I'm not," her throat felt like it was swollen. The words just wouldn't come out the way she wanted.

"I love you," he whispered.

"Stop." She felt her eyes sting more as she tried to stop them.

"I love you, Kai," he whispered again. "I will never stop loving you. Whatever the situation, we will face it together."

Mikey could feel her body trembling underneath him.

It had hurt him to have to fight her. To have to hurt her. To cause her to bleed. And to force her down on the ground. He never wanted to hurt her. But if this was the only way to get through to her, he had to do it. This was his chance to get her to admit defeat.

'Mikey-kun, you are the only one that can stop my sister,' Takemitchy had said to him.

As much as it pained him to hit her, if this was the only way to get her to see reason he had to do it.

"I hate you," she choked out without the regular venom in her words.

"I know," he said, not moving from whispering in her ear.

He loosened his hold on her wrist. To his satisfaction, she didn't try to push him away. He removed one of his hands and slowly moved it to her cheek to move her head to look at him. He saw the tearful eyes of the woman he loved and it left him feeling the need to comfort her. His thumb gently brushed her lower lip as if to give a warning of what he was about to do. She did not resist him as he brushed his lips on her hers. It was gentle but a kiss filled with emotions that were suppressed for two years.

He hovered over her. Waiting for her response. When she made no sound of protest, he leaned in again. Put a firm hand pressed on his chest, pushing him back.

"Wait. I can't," she said, looking away with pink cheeks. "The things I..." she swallowed, "The things I did..."

He moved her head to look at him again, "I don't care."

More aggressively than before, his lips crashed against hers. Two years left him hungry for her touch. Her sweet lips. The craving was growing so extreme that he ignored everything around them as he kissed her with intense passion. She wasn't denying him. Actually, she clung to him with her arms around his shoulders. It made him so happy.

"Uh," a cough reminded him of where they were.

Mikey slowly removed himself from her body. He shifted to sit beside her. His eyes never left her. He couldn't stop his heart from rejoicing from being able to kiss her like he had desired for so long. It felt good. So damn good.

'Is... Is it over?' a member of Toman questioned.

'Did we win?' another asked.

Katsuhiro moved towards the two leaders, "Lucifer, what are your orders?"

Everyone watched as Kairi sat up and slowly got back on her two feet. She turned to Mikey who was still sitting in the mud. She stretched out her hand to him.

"Together. We will face the future together."

Everyone watched with smiles on their faces. Though the intimate the two shared had been a little embarrassing for them all to watch, it was nice to see them finally coming back together again. Finally, the two could start walking the path of a brighter future together.

Mikey's lips twisted into a smile that he hadn't shown in two years as he grabbed hold of her hand, "Together."

-----------

June 11th, 2008

Tangled limbs on a bed. The fluttering of eyelids as sleep kept hold. Kai struggled to wake up as she felt the comfort of the warm body pressed up against hers. She could clearly hear the soothing beating of the person's heart as she laid her head on his chest.

No. It wasn't the soreness of her body from the events of the other day that kept her from moving. It was the feeling of finally being home again. Now that she was back in the arms of the person she had fallen deeply in love with there was no way that she could let it go again.

"Mmm," she heard him as he shifted slightly as he went on his side and wrapped his strong arms around her.

"Morning," she chuckled as she was pulled even closer to his body. "I'm not going anywhere, Mikey."

"You've said that before," he sleepily mumbled, the hot breath tickling her neck.

She shivered, feeling the relief she felt from being by his side again. She surrendered into his arms, not really in a hurry to get up. It just felt too good being in his arms again.

She let out a sigh, snuggling deeper into his arms. She couldn't believe that after everything that had happened to them, they were able to have moments like these again. She wanted nothing more than to protect these precious moments.

"I love you," the words left her lips without much thought. The words she so desperately locked inside her heart for over two years. It felt like a weight lifted from finally saying those words again.

"I will never stop loving you," he whispered in her ear like he did that day.

She smiled at his words that soothed any doubt that lingered that they would have a happy ending. She pressed her hands against his chest to pull away slightly just so she could brush her lips against his.

"You have to let me go now," she said, chuckling when the stubborn boy pulled her closer again as he whined. "I have to see Take off."

He sighed, "Yeah. Yeah."

He sat up after hesitantly letting her go. He watched as she slipped off the bed and searched for her scattered clothes around the room. He couldn't help but smirk at the memories of the night before. And the love bites all over her body and the ring around her finger were proof that she was his again. This time he would be successful in making her happy. He would make the future where they were happy together a reality.

She turned to him with a smile he missed as she moved close enough to peck his lips, "I'll see you later, Mikey."

He smiled. Finally, nothing will ever stand in his way again. He would make sure of it.

-------------

June 11th, 2018

Takemichi's consciousness returned to the future. He did not know what he was going to face this time around. He hoped that he finally did it. That he finally made a future where everyone was happy.

"Take. Earth to Take!"

Takemichi blinked, focusing on the familiar face that called his name. What he saw shocked him. Kairi was standing in front of him with a frown on her face. She was wearing an apron over her jeans and t-shirt.

Sighing, Kairi went back to the kitchen to bake something that was smelling like heaven, "Be careful, Take. Your hold is getting too loose."

"Huh?" he questioned.

He realized that he was sitting on a couch. His eyes flicked down to a bundle in his arms. A baby girl was peacefully sleeping in his arms. She looked adorable.

"Don't worry, Ai. I won't let him hurt our little girl," the other familiar voice caught his attention. He looked on the other side seeing Mikey sitting close by with a gentle smile on his face.

"M-Mikey-kun..." tears threatened to fall in Takemichi's eyes.

"Ah," the black haired Mikey smiled his signature smile, "I guess you've finally come back, Takemitchy." Mikey shifted, leaning his head back on the couch, "Thank you, Takemitchy. This future was only possible because you fought for it so hard." He looked at him with a smile, "I owe you everything."

Takemichi couldn't hold his tears back any longer. The waterfalls began. Did he actually do it? Did he finally win?

"Oi, Takemitchy. You are going to get the baby all wet," it was then that he noticed Draken sitting on the couch opposite of them with a beautiful blonde girl.

"It's my turn to hold Ayame anyway!" the girl exclaimed with a huge smile, moving to come grab the baby from him.

"Oh. Uh," he looked at Mikey as if asking for permission.

"Emma isn't going to run away with my baby girl. It's alright."

Emma?

That's right. He remembered now that this was what she looked like as an adult. She had a small belly. He wondered if that meant that she was also expecting a baby or not but thought better than to ask.

It was just so good to see everyone. He just couldn't stop the happy tears from flowing.

"Hina-chan~ You're fiance won't stop crying~," Emma teased, settling back next to Draken with the baby.

Hina is here too?

Mikey stood up from the couch, "Takemitchy, let's go for a walk. I'll explain everything to you."

"Uh. Sure."

---------------------

Takemichi stared at the glass of alcohol on the coffee table that was placed there for him. Mikey had brought him into what looked like a rather large office. He was told to sit down on the couch while Mikey sat on the other couch in front of him.

Takemichi was still processing everything he had seen while walking towards the office. Outside, he saw many people chatting and laughing. Some that looked familiar to him. It looked like they were having a party. There were also a few children running around in the backyard near the large pool. The smell of a BBQ was lingering in the air.

"Surprising. Is it?" Mikey asked, leaning back on the couch with a smirk.

Takemichi nodded his head, "Yeah. Are you having a party?"

"No. You are." Takemichi furrowed his brows. "This is your home, Takemitchy. You and Hinata's. Everyone's here because your wedding is in three days."

"T-Three days," nervousness rose to the surface as he looked down at his hands on his lap.

He couldn't believe it. Was he really finally going to be marrying the love of his life? He slowly turned to look at Mikey who sat calmly looking at him. Takemichi noticed Mikey's left hand casually laying on his thigh. There was a wedding band on his finger.

Mikey smiled, showing the ring, "That's right. Kai and I are married. Have been for almost 10 years now."

"You sure didn't waste any time, huh?" Takemichi deadpanned.

Mikey laughed, "Could you blame me? You know how I have always felt about your sister. I wasn't going to wait any longer after everything that happened."

Takemichi understood. After Mikey finally made Kairi realize that the two of them were meant to be together and would fight for a future together, it only made sense that Mikey would want to make all of it happen as soon as possible.

"I'm really happy for you."

"It's all thanks to you," Mikey repeated, "Everyone is living happily now because you did not give up on this future."

"Everyone?"

Mikey nodded, "Baji and Ayato have been married for seven years now and are expecting their first baby any day now. Draken and Emma also married and are six weeks in their first pregnancy. Chifuyu. Mitsuya. Pah. Everyone. They all have the future they always dreamed about."

"So Toman is...?"

Mikey nodded, "Still alive. Just not the horrible organization that existed in the other timelines you told me about." Mikey's eyes intensified, "I won't lie. We are still doing something illegally. Rin is still using his skills to stop other criminal organizations. We are still stealing money from corrupt government officials. But we are also doing some good in the world. Kai is making sure that human trafficking comes to an end."

Takemichi was flabbergasted as he said, "So then. Your era of delinquents has come true in a way."

"Kai is the one that does most of the work but we pull each other away if things get too dangerous for our... well you know."

Dark impulse.

It seemed that together they were able to pull each other out of the dark. They balanced each other out by taking everything on together rather than alone.

"Now then," Mikey stood up, "Want to meet your nephews?"

"Eh? Nephews?" Takemichi blinked.

Mikey chuckled, moving towards the door, "Shinichiro is 9 years old while Haruto is 6."

"Wow. You really couldn't wait could you."

They looked at each other, smiling.

"Nope."

The second the door was opened they were greeted by two boys jumping in their father's arm.

"Otousan! Mama wants you."

Mikey laughed, picking up the 6 year old boy.

"Haru, I told you not to jump on Otousan like that!" the older boy said, puffing his cheeks up. "You are getting too old for that now."

Haruto pouted, "No way. I'm never too old. Right, Otousan?"

"My~ My~," the four boys looked towards a smiling Kai. "My two little men are so diligent in getting Otousan for me. I'm so pleased."

"Mama!" Haruto quickly jumped out of Mikey's arms to go hug his mother's legs.

She giggled, ruffling his hair as she leaned down to kiss the top of his head. Takemichi couldn't stop the smile from forming on his lips. Kai looked like a wonderful, loving mother.

"Ai," Mikey said, moving to stand in front of her as he gave her a chaste kiss.

"Eww gross!" Shinichiro said, grimacing.

Mikey ruffled his hair, "There is nothing gross with a man showing affection to the woman he loves, Shin."

"Yeah, yeah! Come on, Haru! Let's go see baby sis!"

"Okay!"

The two boys began to run away to go dote on their little sister as they normally do. They really did look like a happy family.

I'm so glad.

END

---------------

A/N: And it is the end. Can't believe it's already the end. I hope you enjoyed the story! ^-^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 1.3K 48
first of all this is just an idea that pop up in my head please I will continue the other story what will happen if you got reincarnated in anime but...
354K 12.1K 18
"𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐠?! 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 😏" "𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬? " "𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐟...
11.2K 369 63
~Currently on hiatus~ and is on AO3 As an ex-delinquent with a knack for ticking others off with his mouth, Danaju Hanagaki has lived most of her adu...
2.3K 57 17
Takemichi Hanagaki's life is at an all-time-low. Just when he thought it couldn't get worse, he finds out that Hinata Tachibana, his ex-girlfriend an...