The Good Family

By ItsYysabelleEe

In this piece, you will be able to see what a perfect, joyful, and blessed family looks like. Let's see why t... More

Welcome 🦋
The Beginning 🦋
Growing up 🦋
Sweet Success 🦋
Graduation 🦋
Celebracion 🦋
What a Day 🦋
Irene's Day 🦋
Tita Mommy 🦋
Continuation 🦋
Acts of Kindness 🦋
Casual Day 🦋
Piece of Art 🦋
Anuncio🦋
Quick Trip 🦋
Imeldefic🦋
Terno🦋
Old Photographs🦋
Empresa🦋
Unforseen 🦋
Flee 🦋
Errands 🦋
Episodes🦋
Invited 🦋
Los Angeles ?
Prep 🦋
Infante 🦋
Noche Buena 🦋
Siblings 🦋
Momentos 🦋
Bloom 🦋
Besties 🦋
The Return 🦋
Secure 🦋
ARA 🦋
Amable 🦋
Jealousy 🦋
Disculpas 🦋
Proclamation Rally 🦋
Uniteam 🦋
Bulacan 🦋
Noticias 🦋
Perdón 🦋
Ava 🦋
La Catedral 🦋
Descubrimiento 🦋
Sobreviviente 🦋
Ecuestre 🦋
Activista 🦋
Talento 🦋
Extranar 🦋
🦋
Compartir 🦋
🦋
Unica Hija 🦋
Héroe 🦋
Reunión 🦋
Papá 🦋
Generación 🦋
Supper 🦋
Miting De Avance 🦋
Miting De Avance .2 🦋
Continuation 🦋
Mother's Day 🦋
Elección 🦋
Mansión 🦋
El Triunfo 🦋
Después 🦋
Agridulce 🦋
Elegido 🦋
Unity 🦋
Ocupado 🦋
Triste 🦋
Inauguración 🦋
Finalmente 🦋
Apo Lakay 🦋
🦋
Música 🦋
Imprevista 🦋
🦋
Miedo 🦋
Apegada 🦋
Creciendo 🦋
Evolucionando 🦋
Vida 🦋
Temor 🦋
Niña 🦋
Bazar 🦋
Homenaje 🦋
Alegría 🦋
Apreciar 🦋
Monarca 🦋
El Fin 🦋

New Year 🦋

517 17 3
By ItsYysabelleEe

Greggy has driven Alfonso and Andy to the airport to go back to the Philippines because Andy also wants to see his mother so they can bond.

So as Luis, Xandra, and their children will celebrate the new year with Xandra's parents. Greggy, Irene, and Yara are now the only ones left in their home, so they chose to dine at a hotel restaurant and wait for a new year there since they're the only ones to celebrate, and they didn't want to become too tired of cooking, so they opted to spend it with the three of them.

Greggy booked a room for the three of them at Hilton San Diego Bay walk for their family's New Year's Eve. After an hour they proceeded to the hotel to settle in and roam around the area for they will just be staying for two nights.

As they arrived at the hotel, Yara ask permission from her parents to go to the Sweet Things Frozen Yogurt of Hilton, and Irene decided to go with her daughter

Greggy: I will go follow you in a while, after a call from the office
Irene: Just call lang, honey.

Greggy: Will do, don't go anywhere without mom hija, alright?
Yara: Yes, dad! Thank you!

Greggy: Daddy loves you *kiss his daughter's forehead*

Irene and Yara passed by the UPS Store and their Business Center to go see and window shop but immediately went out to go to the yogurt store.

Yara: Mom! Look! It's a self-serve-style yogurt bar! I get to choose want I want!
Irene: *giggling* You're too excited hija, go na.

Yara: Which one do you like, mama?
Irene: Maybe that fruity tarts, my love

Yara: Oh alright! I'll have the dairy-free one.
Irene: You want me to add almonds and cheesecake for your toppings?

Yara: Yes, please mommy! *does puppy eye*
Irene: Sus, my baby love, nag pa-cute pa *giggled*

Irene invited Yara to stay out outside the pool club for an alfresco ambiance so they could see the bay walk after the mother and daughter grabbed their yogurt they were just eating and talking while strolling on their way to the pool

While looking from the pool area, Irene's daughter asked

Yara: Mommy, why did you say that before you turned into an East German swimmer?
Irene: Because there were few trainers then. They didn't know the difference between male and female bodies and it was all about strength so yes I turned into an East German swimmer * giggle*

Yara: Oh yes, they're known for their bulky torsos and skinny legs.
Irene: Yes, darling, think the Hulk in a maillot.

Yara: Indeed, a robust physique.

Irene: Knowing my dad was a fitness maniac
Yara: Oh really, mommy?

Irene: Yes, he turned us all into jocks.
Yara: Oh my gosh! *laughing*

Irene: He was a 300 sit-ups kind of guy, 300 squats with barbells and 300 scissors kicks with legs four inches off the ground
Yara: That's super tiring, mama! What's Lola Meldy's reaction to it?

Irene: When he did push-ups on the armchair, mommy would cry
Yara: Hala, why would she?

Irene: Because they were antiques and she would say "Huwag diyan!"
Yara: *laughing* Oh. Lola Meldy! Lolo has a high fitness standards

Irene: All of us can vouch for that baby.

They were interrupted when Greggy showed up with their food order, so they chose to enjoy the view and watch a sporting event while luxuriating in their local California coastal-inspired cuisine, while Greggy could indulge in a wide selection of hand-crafted liqueurs and stellar California wines from the pool club.

Greggy: Can you see that corner, babe?
Irene: Yes, why?

Greggy: They're planning to put a golf course in there.
Irene: Really? When?

Greggy: Maybe this year or early next year.

Greggy: You know, hija. Your lolo while waiting for his turn to hit the ball, still is exercising
Yara: Wait, what? Really?

Irene: With scissors kicks and push-ups.
Yara: Diba mom, you showed me your super old exercise cards before?

Irene: Yes, and dad would always check it out.
Greggy: Was that card from Dorotheo, babe?

Irene: Yes, it was his card.

Greggy: He set high fitness standards for himself.
Irene: I remembered pa before, was supposed to do 30 repetitions, but daddy goaded me to go for 40.

Yara: Oh gosh, mama.
Irene: That was how I bulked up

Yara: Lolo, really expect a lot from you guys
Greggy: That's why now you're mom keeps fit by doing chores on the farm or going to the gym perhaps.

Yara: Naks! That's why mama is super fit!
Greggy: Of course, my sexy and gorgeous wife

Irene: Sus, bolero talaga, you to anak, ginagaya mo na ang Dad mo
Yara: Oh no mommy,  that's true kaya!

Greggy: Even Bongbong, would hit the gym to unload the pressures of work.
Yara: Because Lolo taught them that exercise was the best form of stress management, right Mama?

Irene: Yes, hija. He's always been philosophical, and would always say "You have to stay fit because you don't know what your destiny is, but you must always be ready for it"
Yara: So exercise is not brainless.

Greggy: At least, stress becomes productive with exercise
Irene: Couldn't agree more, how I miss daddy.

Yara: Awww, mommy *hugged her mom tight*

They had just finished their lunch and were able to converse. Greggy told his daughter to go swimming, but she politely refused, and just want to take a rest and then they all decided to return to their room and nap for later on New Year's Eve so they would have ample energy for the new year.

Irene: Little girl, can I join you in your bed?
Yara: Sure, mommy!

Irene immediately leaned over Yara's bedside and smooched her baby girl snugly.

Yara: My clingy, mama! *hug her mom back*
Irene: Awww, sweetheart. I'm just gonna seize moments like this with you as I feel that I won't be able to make lambing with you in the next few years.

Yara: Why? I love and cherish it when you are being clingy nga to me, mommy, and I'll never be tired of receiving it from you!
Irene: How blessed I am to have you my Victoria.

Yara: I will always be needing you mom, forever.
Irene: Mom loves you so much my forever love.

Yara: I love you too, Mommy Irene!

Irene caressed her daughter's hair and held her face while humming to her until she fell asleep; she glanced at her better half Greggy and they just smiled at one other; when Irene felt sleepy, she took a nap as well while still cuddling her daughter.

Greggy relaxed after completing his paperwork in their business at his mini workspace in the suite, and before going to their bed, he began to look at his wife and daughter for just a few moments and kissed them on the forehead.

After several hours, the couple woke up and began to prepare for their New Year's Eve celebration as their daughter Yara is still asleep. Irene just chose what her daughter would wear so that once she woke up she could simply get dressed already.

Yara: Mommy? What time na?
Irene: Oh baby, It's already 10 in the evening

Yara: Really? I overslept
Greggy: That's alright hija.

Irene: Come, here's your clothes
Yara: Okay, mama! Thank you.

Everyone was dressed up and went to the Hilton's Hudson & Nash restaurant for their reservations, where they were served inspired American cuisine. As they dine with a waterfront view while waiting for the new year's eve countdown, lean into the iconic San Diego state of mind.

Yara: Mom! Lola Meldy is calling! She's with Kuya San
Irene: Oh! Hi Mommy! Happy New Year!

Yara: Lola! Happy New Year, miss you already
Mama Meldy: Happy New Year, Irene, Greggy, and my little Victoria

Greggy: Happy New Year Ma

Sandro: Happy New Year, Tita & Tito and Yarrie
Yara: Happy New Year, Kuya San

A few minutes later, Manang and Bonget joined

Irene: Manang and Bonget, Happy New Year
Bong: Happy New Year there in California, Irene, Greggy, and Yara

Imee: Happy New Year to you two and ma chérie.
Yara: Tita Mommy and Tito Pops, Happy New Year

While Irene and her family are waiting for the eve of the coming year they just catch up with her siblings, and the family just talked to each other. Imelda, their mother, is excited to see her granddaughter Yara and can't wait for her to return home, while Irene assures them that they will be back soon.

Only a few minutes remain, and it's 2022, so Greggy, Irene, and Yara are already expecting the fireworks, and the countdown is about to begin.

"5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Happy New Year! "

Greggy: Happy New Year, honey! *kiss her wife* Happy New Year, hija! *embrace and kiss his daughter's cheeks*

Irene: Happy New Year, my little girl! We love you always baby

*Irene & Greggy lovingly smooch their daughter and showered her with lots of kisses*

Yara: Happy New Year Mommy Irene and Daddy Greggy, love you so much. Cheers to a new and blessed year for all of us ahead! 🤍

They returned to their seats after the countdown and ate what they had ordered, while Yara's parents sipped and enjoyed the wine.

Yara also called her brothers to greet them with a Happy New Year, and they decided to return to their suite an hour later to get to change their sleepwear and rest.

As Irene and Greggy were about to sleep.

Greggy: Happy New Year, mi amore. To many more years of welcoming new year's with you my love.
Irene: My Greggy, you will always be my strong foundation. I couldn't fathom surviving all these years without you, darling, and I love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.4K 3.6K 32
(n): someone who hides pain behind a smile.
18.1K 643 22
Imagine, One member of the Madrigal family adopted you. What can your life be like in Casita. Do they'll accept you to be part of their family or the...
34.3K 1.7K 32
Is it too late to fix everything? Are they still fixing things between them or keep hurting each other by bringing up the past and the life that she...
104K 6.6K 52
A daughter's hatred and disappointment to her mom, nevertheless, she still cares and loves her mom unconditionally. A mother's unconditional love tow...