SAFE PLACE | MINSUNG

By linosmaniac

"You're my safe place Hannie." "Aw Min- wait hol up did you just call me ..Hannie?" "Yeah, you like it?" "Nah... More

intro.
one.
two.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.

three.

248 22 33
By linosmaniac

three.

"I hate people. Hate being around people." Minho had grumbled out under his breath as he had just unintentionally let out what was clogged up in his mind in words.

Jeongin being the one call it out taking it as a joking matter. "Well that's not nice. We are people." He says swaying his arm in a circle motioning towards their group seated around their cafeteria table.

"Shush you fox." Seungmin teases and a loud cackle slips from Changbin, the only one who laughed too.

Jeongin rolls his eyes and drinks from his bought fruit smoothie from the snack bar. "Ok yeah I am fox."

"Forgot to add baby before that." Hyunjin says with a coo, throwing a fond smile at Jeongin's way with his chin on his palm. Seemed to be admiring him.

"Hey hey no wrong." Jeongin glares, pointing a finger at him. "The only baby I know is Changbin. Baby Changbin."

Changbin's eyes squint in confusion. "Why am i- whatever but! Hey even if he was a fox animals are people too." The ravenette states with his mouthful of potato salad.

"First of all we've been over this many times. Do not talk with your mouth full." Hyunjin scoffs out with a digusted look, a scrunched line between his brows. "And second you're not wrong."

"Yeah baby Changbin have some manners." Felix includes with a snicker and pops a baby carrot into his mouth.

"Oh what these manners?" Changbin says and opens his mouth showing the chunks of bitten food making the guys but one protest how gross that is. That's when Jisung had appeared at the table with his tray not putting attention on Changbin's childish behavior but notices the emotionless expression plastered on Minho and how done he looks with everyone. Wow he looks terrifying.

"Man how'd you make it to twelveth grade?" Seungmin exclaims at Changbin and looks away calling out to noone in particular. "Send him back to elementary."

Then Minho stands up, and goes past Jisung leaving the table. Their eyes landing on Minho watching him storm out the cafeteria. Then exchanging puzzled looks with eachother,  the atmosphere completely dialed down and pretty awkward.

"Shit ..he was serious." Hyunjin mumbles facing down at his food.

"It's Jeongin's fault." Changbin throws in. "He started joking around when Minho said he hates people."

"I thought he was playing." Jeongin replies with his palms up in defense. "It's not even the first time he has said that."

"Yeah but those other times he was playing." Hyunjin protests. "This reaction is new."

"Where could he be going?" Jisung questions urgently with narrowed brows as he hadn't sat on a seat still standing with his tray.

"I'd say the roof." Chan suggests. "Y'know those stairs next to the music hall. That's the first place that comes to mind."

"He doesn't wanna be our friend anymore!" Changbin whines out. "What did we do wrong?"

"Nothing it's not us he's-" Jisung sets the tray down on the table. He doesn't got a clue really, but he was determined to find out now. "I'll go check on him, someone has to."

"He's scary, good luck." Changbin hisses and looks away.

"Ignore that first bit." Felix assures Jisung. "It'll be fine, good luck."

Jisung nods and takes off leaving the cafeteria keeping in mind what Chan said, that Minho could be going to the roof so that's where he headed after.

As he stepped into the hallway there was that voice in his head jabbing at him to keep going after Minho and see what's going on and the other telling him to leave it be and don't bother him because this confrontation could go ..wrong.

But he couldn't help it. He couldn't take seeing Minho like this anymore. He misses his fun silly happy self who would join in on their random conversations ..sometimes.

Wow Jisung is really about to go against his own words. Those being

"If he doesn't want to talk about it, then let's respect his decision. I mean yes I'd like to know too what's wrong but we can't force it out of him. It's best to leave him be untill he's comfortable enough to tell us."

But hey Jisung wasn't going to force the truth out. He was just going to see if he can get him to spill out what's up then he can help him, he wants to help him. Yeah why wouldn't Minho want that. What if he ends up admiring the gesture Jisung is offering. Thanks him for trying to help and hell maybe even gives him a hug and ki--

Ok Han Jisung control thy thoughts.

After making it to the end of a flight of stairs he pushes a heavy weighted door gently as he could because of how loud it is. He steps outside onto the roof of the school. His eyes flying wide as he spotted Minho sitting, his backside facing him, staring ahead. Damn Bang Christopher Chan the genius.

Jisung closes the door and he walks further to the male he tries to refrain from making loud steps, moving slow. As he grows closer he notices a half lit up cigarette clasped between Minho's thumb and pointer finger with his other hand flickering with the lighter, turning it on then on again after turning off.

Jisung just stands there shifting his weight from one foot to the other hesitant to say anything, to make Minho aware of his presence. He felt scared and he hated it but no he was about to put on a brave face for the other. He wasn't about to show a vulnerable side.

"Minho." Jisung calls out loudly.

"Oh who the fuck-" the startled Minho stops  after turning to see who it was. "Oh..hi." He lets out with no effort and then turns back, pulling the cigarette to his lips and inhaling the smoke and puffing it out slowly. "Why are you here."

Jisung gulps down that hard pressure in his throat which built up from the nerves mentally assuring himself to not get too nervous but with Minho's effortless tone it's hard not to. "Just. Wanted to check up on you."

"Why." Is all Minho lets out, smoking more of the cigarette, finishing it up and pockets the lighter.

"Well because..I'm your friend. I'm your favorite out of the others remember." He reminds with a small laugh hoping it would make light of the situation. But he doesn't earn a response. Jisung raises his voice. "And something is wrong you're not your usual self anymore. I want to know what's making you be like this so I can help-"

"Listen Jisung." Minho speaks and the fluffy haired ravenette felt like his heart beat paused from the octave drop in Minho's words. He crushes the tip of the now hard to hold cigarette on the ground turning it off and throws it over the edge of the building. Then he stands up and turns to fully face the wide eyed Jisung walking closer.

"I'm listening." He musters out almost audible. The look Minho had plastered made Jisung's confidence drain away, and made him want to cower down.

"Should be obvious I came here to be alone. I didn't ask for you to come after me."

"B-But I..we.." Jisung trailed off, voice coming out smaller. He didn't even know where he was going with his words.

"We? We what? Who's we? You don't know what alone means huh." Minho says with an annoyed tone laced in his voice.

"No I-I do know." Jisung says and fuck he just stuttered again. There goes that vulnerable side making its unwanted appearance.

"Really?" Minho fakes a shocked look, a finger up to his lip. "Wow that's pretty hard to believe."

"I just thought..." Jisung paused again more words refusing to form, the dryness in his mouth increasing from his nervousness getting a grip on him.

"Whatever you're thinking, stop." Minho demands with a scoff. "I wanted to be alone guess I gotta find another spot. Great. Thanks." After wards he goes past Jisung.

The ravenette's fingers clawing at nothingness, eager to do something to stop Minho from leaving. He turns and catches up to him, grabbing his arm. "Minho wait-"

"Don't touch me!" Minho yells, harshly yanking his arm back causing Jisung to flinch. "Leave me alone. You hear that? Alone." He deadpans and turns back to continue walking to the door and back into the school.

Jisung just stood there, aghast with his lips parted from what just happened. Damn it. Jisung knew it. He knew it was a mistake to have gone after Minho. But he still did because he wanted to show Minho that he cares and that there's someone he can count on to talk to outside of home because it seems that's what he's lacking. Jisung is willing to fill in that spot.

But Minho still refuses. Refuses to talk it out he won't even ask for help. Jisung tried to help but all it did was piss Minho off.

Jisung's starting to wonder if he will ever get to see his honest and open side. Atleast..a peek of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

576K 8.8K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
414K 19.7K 81
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
287K 8.6K 95
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...