Hadrian Potter, Revenge (A Ha...

By MORTEMAMIGO

Hadrian grows up alone in the obscure shadow of his younger brother, Daniel Potter, The-Boy-Lived. Daniel is... More

The Brother Without
Storm Of Home
Phoenix of the Jungle
Silent Contemplation
Stolen Profanities
The Station
The Manor
The Summer Party
The Start of Unwelcome Conversations
Confrontations
Hatred
Morti
Barmaid's and Beer
Blood Lines
Cobra's Strike
Plans and Observations
Fear The Wolf
An Intolerable Future
Dark Times
Mafia Murder
Blood Money
Murderous Suffocation
The Party
Smashed Glass
Miserable Memories
Thunder and Lightening
Truth at Midnight
Maternal Hate

Past Nightmares

5.8K 147 28
By MORTEMAMIGO

"Past ghosts forever haunt our bones."

....

Hadrian stiffened, the strong panes of his body turning to stone. A shadow passed over his features, a childlike flash of terror, a glint of vulnerability. It was as if, for a moment, Hadrian was a small boy again. All the demons that had haunted him were back and it didn't even matter now that he was older.

You could see his pain in that crushing green gaze and it was enough to suspend breath, holding the next captive with the crushing realisation of what he must have gone through to install such despair. Children of abuse never truly forgot, and you better fucking believe they never truly forgave. It was because of this very reason that they could never truly let go and move on.

The haunted ones always haunted themselves.

As quickly as the pained look had appeared, it disappeared, and in its place was a vision of masculine strength; a wave of superiority, an arrogance that danced across Hadrian's shoulders making him appear taller, stronger, harder.

If the previous sight hadn't been so sincere, so fucking heart-breaking, this new skin would have been all too easy to believe. Just like all survivors, confidence was a mask used to ensure you lived the next day without hating yourself.

Hadrian shifted uneasily, his sharp green eyes looking down upon Bellatrix Lestrange. There was a familiarity in his gaze, an agonised significance that was impossible to ignore. The outward effect of their acquaintance was plain as day, actively present in the way they held themselves next to one another. It was the physical stamp left by history - a long, dark history.

Bella looked good for her age, there was something significantly sultry about the way she held herself. The black lace dress she wore cinched at her waist and accentuated her chest. The dark severe makeup made her look dangerous and alluring.

She hadn't changed at all.

She was still all wild curly hair and dark crazy eyes. The whole picture was a mixture of madness and sexuality boiled together to create something ultimately dangerous.

Right now, she stared at Hadrian with those heavily coal-lined eyes that captured his face, his body, and his eyes far too intently. Hadrian remembered those eyes only too well, as a child they had haunted him, especially at night - those eyes and that fucking laughter. 

Panic flared in his chest, burning his eyes and throat. No, no, no. Hadrian clenched his jaw shut tightly holding in a childhood scream. He felt his skin burn and tingle where her lips had touched as if alarming Hadrian to an immediate threat.

Hadrian had once consolidated over the fact that he never thought he would see Bellatrix Lestrange ever again. But here she stood, right in front of him like nothing had changed. It was as if the world seemed to enjoy playing these cruel tricks on him. The sad truth was that Bella was just one of the many ghosts that loomed in the shadows of his mind when he closed his eyes.

"Aren't you a sight," Bellatrix hummed, still taking him in with that wild gaze, "look at you."

Bellatrix practically purred as the now grown boy regarded her through his beautiful bright green eyes. And dear god, had he grown. She took him in with dark eyes, scanning from the top of his gorgeous head and down the lean length of his body. There was a wild tension in Hadrian's physique, an explosive strength that Bellatrix appreciated keenly. 

Oh yes... she licked her lips. 

He was a weapon, a beautiful volatile weapon. And it wasn't only present in his body but also in those green, green eyes. Hadrian had incredible eyes, cat-like one moment, and then forest green the next. She remembered those eyes; they were one of the things that attracted her to him. And ever since that day, she had never been able to forget them - not for a second. 

But wait... there was a new addition. 

A slice of cruelty burned behind the ferocious green. It was utterly jarring. A shiver of uncertainty tore through Bellatrix's bones before she had the chance to understand what she had seen. How much had he changed from the eleven-year-old boy she had once known?

"You show your face here?" Hadrian growled, channelling his anger.

Before she could respond, Hadrian wrapped his hands around Bella's wrists, pulling them off his chest. Bellatrix looked up at the beautiful boy in front of her, gazing at his perfect face which was now set in stone. Her eyes then darted to the place where his hands took hold of her, frowning when she was swallowed by the size of his grasp. It made her look fragile, vulnerable... weak. And yet, the feel of his strength as he held her in place ignited the dark part of Bellatrix's mind which roared in approval.

Without letting go, Hadrian walked towards her, guiding her backward only to stop behind a large, tall column, giving them much-needed privacy from those on the dance floor.

"Why? Are you not happy to see me?" Bellatrix pouted, her body tingling in response to the flare of Hadrian's aura.

"You belong in Azkaban," Hadrian seethed, trying to remain impassive.

"A jury voted me not guilty," Bellatrix bragged in a songful hiss, leaning closer, "I'm as free as anyone here."

"That jury was fucking bought off," Hadrian snarled down at the smaller, older woman, "You think anyone here believes that you had nothing to do with what happened to the Longbottoms?"

"You got proof of that baby?" Bellatrix laughed wickedly, playing with Hadrian's strong fingers.

"Don't call me that," Hadrian snarled, pulling his hands out of her snake-like grip.

"You used to like it," Bellatrix pouted her intention to purely torment.

"I'm not a child anymore, Bella," Hadrian hissed, sad sharp eyes glancing across at the ballroom, "So... I doubt there's any reason for you to take pleasure in my presence."

"Ouch," Bellatrix mocked, lifting her hands to her heart as if she was truly wounded, "I guess I deserved that. But if it's any consolation, I definitely take pleasure in your presence."

"It isn't." Hadrian turned back to look at her, staring hard, there was no doubting his words.

After the fall of Voldemort, many Death Eaters fled to escape conviction and face the kiss. Bellatrix Lestrange was one of them, but instead of fleeing like most of her comrades, she hid. It was none other than Knockturn Alley, Brothel where she made her home, a townhouse brothel known for dark magic and a good time.

It was only two years ago when she was finally captured and set to trial. Unfortunately, justice did not prevail. Bellatrix had been busy during her time in hiding and had got to work ensuring that if she was ever caught, she would never be sentenced. Missing witnesses and withdrawn statements - the case fell apart. The jury had voted not guilty on all counts, and she was set free. But the world knew, they knew what she had done and where her loyalties lay - the strong arm of the law just couldn't do anything about it.

"Well..." Bellatrix huffed with an annoyed pout, "This isn't how to treat an old friend."

"An old friend," Hadrian laughed humourlessly, looking at her perplexed, "do you think that's what this is? A fucking friendship?"

"Well, you got me there," Bellatrix smirked viciously, not seeming dejected in the slightest, "the memories we share...friends don't exactly cover it."

Hadrian turned to look at Bellatrix, the bright green of his eyes hardened and narrowed as he took her in. It was as if he was looking for something specific - perhaps, a shred of mercy, a slice of compassion, a snippet of regret.

Hadrian's eyes sparked with a vision of youthful hopefulness; a trait abused children endeared despite what they experienced. But behind that childish hope, something was lurking, a swirling shadow of torment that lingered in the background. The longer he looked to find what he was hoping for, the closer the shadow came to the surface replacing all his childish notions with cold hard reality.

"So that's what you're going to use against me?" Hadrian nodded understanding, his fierce green gaze so fucking vibrant, "Just remember Bella, by playing that hand, you'll also be throwing yourself in the fire."

"Oh honey," Bellatrix laughed, but there was something furious hidden in her eyes, "Do you think it would affect me? I was on trial for torturing a beloved couple of the light, precious members of Dumbledore's Order. Do you think baseless rumours about transgressions with a minor, a boy scorned by society and considered an outcast from the very family he was born into, would ever compare? Dumbledore's suspicions have travelled far and wide, the country doesn't know what to make of you. But one thing is for sure, they don't trust you and that makes you dangerous. You know it's their worst nightmare, a child like you... born into a light family and turning dark. And if they hear of this, they won't see you as the victim. They'll blame you. They'll say he's rotten. They'll say evil is intrinsically linked and we found our way to one another, pulled by the might of our wickedness. I'm already coined as mentally disturbed, but you, you're a mystery. For someone who relies on his secrets to survive, this would give them an insight into you - an awareness of your past that would give them a step closer to finding the real you. Something you simply can not afford. No, I won't threaten you with this. We both know exactly what I have on you, and it has nothing to do with this."

The woman who had used his young broken heart for her own personal gain once again turned his pain against him. A deep hollow beat tore through his chest, enough to make him gasp for a breath. What a shame. What a shame he couldn't show his pain. Hadrian had far too much pride to allow himself that reprieve. There was too much risk, too much to lose. Instead, he swallowed the breath, hiding a lifetime of pain and torment, burying it deep down, to only surface when his eyes closed and the night drew near.

"I know very well what you have on me." Hadrian breathed out, his eyes narrowing.

Hadrian wanted to punch something. He conceded there was no worse feeling than when you have no control. He had been foolish. He had put his trust in someone whose very nature was to manipulate and betray.

The strange couple had garnered some attention from the room. Those who had spotted Bellatrix frowned furiously and whispered harshly. Despite being an outcast from Magical Society, she was still revered - no one would dare approach.

Bellatrix's eyes followed Hadrian's gaze and were met with a smattering of suspicious stares from the party guests who had noticed the pair. The rich heirs scanned them both with their lips pursed. Bellatrix froze. The wealthy matriarchs stood scattered across the dance floor; their eyes locked on to Hadrian's form with a burning flare of desire. 

Oh, they liked the look of him, did they? 

A burst of possessive anger burned through Bellatrix's bones at their obvious display of lust. Glancing at Hadrian's face, she knew he hadn't noticed because his eyes were focused on the other side of the dance floor, locked on to her sister and her husband.

Hadrian couldn't help but glance over to where Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy stood in the corner of the room. Hadrian felt a wave of heat trickle down his spine - his hackles were up. He hoped they hadn't noticed their discussion, the last thing he needed was for Narcissa to dig into his past. There were far too many painful memories for any of them to be a part of her arsenal against him. 

Hadrian couldn't imagine what would happen if she found out about them. That would be one weapon that he wouldn't be able to defend against. But, of course, they had noticed. Dark suspicious eyes regarded him as if he were a stranger. Hadrian wasn't sure what they had seen, but by the looks of it, they had seen enough.

"What the hell could you have done to my sister to make her hate you so much?" Bellatrix frowned, actually seeming interested.

"I fooled her," Hadrian stated honestly, still looking at the older Black sister.

"That would do it," Bellatrix nodded in earnest.

Hadrian felt suddenly trapped in the moment, caught between his past and present with no obvious escape. Hadrian couldn't blame them, Bellatrix was being far too obvious, he could only imagine what they were thinking.

"You need to leave," Hadrian growled.

"Oh love," Bellatrix purred, "don't be so modest..."

She was stalling.

"You have something you want to say?" Hadrian asked, looking at her seriously, "What is it?"

"Rufus Dodge," Bellatrix said without missing a beat.

"Who?" Hadrian asked frowning.

"Oh, Hadrian..." Bellatrix gasped quietly in mock disappointment, "What have you become? You don't even remember the names of the people you've killed."

Hadrian became absolutely still. What the fuck? His heart pounded so hard that it actually hurt his chest. A wave of panic washed over his skin, causing a wave to prickle his skin.

"Lower your fucking voice." Hadrian snarled, his sharp gaze locking on to Bellatrix, with the deadly precision of a sniper rifle.

"Why? Are you afraid they'll see who you really are?" Bellatrix smirked, lifting the champagne glass to her lips, finishing the rest of the bubbly liquid.

"Don't act as if you know me..." Hadrian sneered, his eyes flashing dangerously, "You don't."

"Oh baby," Bellatrix smiled, her eyes taking in his form, "I know you inside and out."

Bellatrix ran a slender finger down Hadrian's strong arm, lingering on his bicep for a moment longer before continuing down. Hadrian's hooded eyes watched the action with an unimpressed look on his face. There was something distinctly familiar about the touch and Hadrian's reaction said as much.

"You can buy my silence of course," Bellatrix raised her eyebrows, hinting at something intimate.

"Jesus Christ," Hadrian laughed with actual shock lining his eyes, "and pray tell, what would that entail?"

"You know what I like..." Bellatrix smirked as if laughing at an inside joke.

Hadrian stilled, his magic flaring in warning.

"Don't worry, I was joking, sort of..." Bellatrix settled, not seeming deterred in the slightest, "Don't worry, it's something else you can help me with. Tonight."

"And if I say no?" Hadrian snarled, already knowing the answer.

"I can make life very difficult for you," Bellatrix smirked, lifting another drink to her lips which she had snatched from a passing waiter, "you don't have a choice.

"I can't tonight," Hadrian said, looking at her with suspicion crawling across his features, "I have plans."

"Cancel them." Bellatrix snapped, losing her temper for the first time since their reunion.

Hadrian cursed himself, he was curious, and he couldn't help himself.

"Fine," he nodded.

....

'Never let the same snake bite you twice.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 2.7K 6
During the Halloween night when Voldemort went to the Potter home, it wasn't Hadrian that was declared as the Boy Who Lived, rather his twin sister...
1.1M 36.6K 32
It's Harry's 4th year at Hogwarts and his name has just come out of the Goblet of Fire. Everyone has abandoned him and he feels utterly alone. Throug...
12.3K 238 7
Harry Potter son of Jameson and Lily Potter. Harry is the older brother Emmett Potter the 'wrongly' declared boy who lived. The night Voldemort attac...
20.9K 361 37
Draco Malfoy has been going to Hogwarts for two years now. Now it's his little sister's turn to run through that brick pillar and board the train to...