Percy's Prefect // Percy Weas...

By An_avidwriter

COMPLETED {Slowburn enemies to friends to lovers} Y/n had always seen the Weasley's as her second family, esp... More

A/n : IMPORTANT NOTICE
Chapter One : The Beginning
Chapter Two : Welcome Back
Chapter Three : Busy, Busy Day
Chapter Four : Diagonally
Chapter Five : Salty Tears
Chapter Six : Home
Chapter Seven : Percy The Priss
Chapter Eight : Silver Lining
Chapter Nine : Up For The Dramatics
Chapter Ten : Patrolling Throught The Night
Chapter Eleven : The Positive Side Of Things
Chapter Twelve : Sunsets And Sleep
Chapter Thirteen : The Question
Chapter Fourteen : Night-time Stars
Chapter Fifteen : Not So Smooth Seas
Chapter Sixteen : Fearful Fights
Chapter Seventeen : Stargazing The Sky
Chapter Eighteen : A Winters Strong Breeze
Chapter Nineteen : A Huge Scare
Chapter Twenty : A Change Of Course
Book Two // Percy's Adoration
Chapter Twenty One : According To Plan
Chapter Twenty Two : Morning Sunshine
Chapter Twenty Three : The Ball
Chapter Twenty Four : The Ball p.2
Chapter Twenty Five : The Ball p.3
Chapter Twenty Six : The Better Days
Chapter Twenty Seven : What Is This Feeling?
Chapter Twenty Eight : In-between The Lines
Chapter Twenty Nine : A Force To Be Reckoned With
Chapter Thirty : Back Again
Chapter Thirty One : Hello Again
Chapter Thirty Two : Yes, A Very Stupid Idea
Chapter Thirty Three : What To Do Next
Chapter Thirty Four : The Big Question
Chapter Thirty Five : Oh The Drama
Chapter Thirty Six : Game Night
Chapter Thirty Seven : They Know, She Knows
Chapter Thirty Eight : Dance It Away
Chapter Thirty Nine : Awkward
Chapter Forty : Overthinking It All
Book Three // Percy's Love
Chapter Fourty One : Midnight Conversations
Chapter Fourty Two : Plan, Plan, Planning
Chapter Fourty Three : A Day In December
Chapter Fourty Four : Meeting The Parent
Chapter Fourty Five : What A Surprise
Chapter Fourty Six : The Grass Is Greener
Chapter Fourty Seven : The Beginning Of The End
Chapter Fourty Eight : The Big Final Night
Chapter Fifty : My Love
Extra, Extra // More To Come
Extra // Guess Who's Back
Extra // The Epilogue
The End // The Final Author Note

Chapter Fourty Nine : A Force And A Fire

1.7K 65 169
By An_avidwriter

Y/n's POV:

It had grown colder over the course of the night, but thanks to beauty of magic, it was nothing we would have to worry about. Though Molly still insisted it was too cold for us, even after Charlie and Bill where seen fanning their faces with napkins.

As only a few of us may have assumed, the foods Molly and some of the rest of us helped prepare where an absolute hit. Arthur had been kind to invite some of his colleges to the party when all they had planned to stay late working in the office, and they where all immensely fascinated by the spread.

And it was a great help to see no fire whiskey or alcohol of any kind laying on the tables. And everybody knew that even if there was, to keep the Twins away from it. We didn't need them trying to set the bottles of liquor on fire... again.

I was by the table, guarding the last of the food with my life, letting out another short laugh at yet another ridiculous joke George made. I jokingly slapped him on the arm for it.

"Hey, hey, I was just saying what we where all thinking!" He mirrored my laughter, raising his hands in defense as if being cornered by the Police.

I shook my head, smiling as I took another last look across the Garden. These past few months had been truly incredible, and I couldn't possibly wait another second for the new year.

Everybody had already began to huddle up outside, quickly clinging to eachother for warmth as the adults set off fireworks through the ends of their wands. The beautiful shades of red, pink, blue and purple set ablaze into the sky and then the rest of the group began the countdown.

I was chanting along with them, family and friends surrounded, smiling at the sight of the tight-knit community I had built and always knew I'd always have with me.

George and Fred where found being their typical selves, attempting to create more chaos by setting off fireworks of their own, much to the displeasure of Molly. I doubted anything was ever going to change those two idiots. And I believed even less that anything, time or space, was going to separate them.

Ron and Harry where off in their own corner, sharing a plate of mini sausage rolls and joking about the previously shared year together. I was glad that even after everything those two had already gone through, they where still able to be kids. Even if just for a small moment.

Bill and Charlie shared a much simpler bro-hug, a few pat's on the back being a signifier of their friendship, though one could tell their brotherly love ran deeper.

Ginny soon interuppted them, tugging each of the suit jackets to pull them down into a hug of their own. It was crazy how despite so many years apart the two where from their younger sister, they still shared such a strong bond.

After Molly was finally finished with lecturing the Twins, Arthur pulled her away from them and into a loving kiss. It was short and sweet, but already so filled with meaning. The invisible red strings tied around their fingers connected to eachother's hearts in a moment of pure, un-concentrated love.

Callum and Oliver connected hands under the stars, doing nothing but smiling at eachother with the unspoken words of their affection connecting the two souls as one.

So as the very last of the countdown was about to begin, in a moment I felt was going to change things forever, Percy's eyes met mine from across the crowd.

And in that very moment, the moment where I saw the small smile he gave, the slight hint of a blush on his cheeks, and the world hidden behind his eyes was when I came to realisation.

I loved him.

But unlike any other time, any possible moment before, I wasn't just going to let him slip away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Almost stumbling back inside after a rather exhausting night, I kicked off my heels by the back door and I let out an exhausted sigh. The night was undoubtedly fun, but if I had to dance, even just for another second, I think my legs would have given out. I was happy to soon be able to get some sleep.

Hopping up onto the counter to give my feet a moments rest, I pulled the hair sticking to the back of my neck and forehead up, only then to realise that I didn't make any hair ties on me. I had left them in my room for the night. With a huff, I let my arms fall limply by my side and quickly grabbed my shoes to continue down the hallway.

It was already one in the morning, and pretty much everyone had already left, transporting themselves back home with either the apparation spell or through the fireplace. And secretly, I was thankful to see them gone, enjoying the most quiet I have gotten in at least a week. I had only wished I had gotten more sleep the previous night.

Despite my plans for the next day, I had stayed up late finishing one of my books. It had been one of the one's Percy gifted me. I was still so thankful for them, and for him.

"Wooo!" I heard George cheer, Fred by his side. "Best, night, ever!"

"We did it again, brother," his twin replied, pulling a lazy arm around his shoulders as he smiled at him smugly, "we prepared yet another amazing party. Pure genius."

"Yeah, who would have thought a night without fire whiskey would have been so fun for you two?" I joked, shooting them both an 'i told you so' look.

They turned around, simultaneously glaring at me. "Fine, you where right." Fred mumbled his words, causing them to be almost inaudible. If it wasn't fore my amazing hearing of course.

I grinned, sighing with content. "That always sounds good, say it again?"

They stared at me blankly. "Funny."

"Night, you two." I laughed, a little less smug this time, waving them both goodnight.

"Night, Y/n." The chorused.

I trudged up the stairs, forcing my legs to follow in line as I walked closer to my bedroom. I almost cried in relief as I got to the hallway. But I stood still as I found somebody standing there, right by my door. Percy.

And then I had suddenly remembered what I had told myself back at the party, what I had promised myself I would tell him, and what I would have to confess.

A sudden anxious feeling crashed down on me, my stomach feeling as if it was churning in my stomach, the circulation to my head and my heart pulsing. It felt as if I was about to be sick. I, again, fiddled with the rings on my fingers for probably the third time that night.

Percy was there, standing in the hallway, turning his head at the sound of my footsteps and searching for my eyes in the lone hallway. My eyes where probably looking tired from the rather eventful night, yet his had felt so full of life. It had seemed as if the sky had fallen and the sparks shattered into his gaze. He left me close to breathless.

"Hi." I exhailed, a smile forming on my lips, and the rather obvious joy of seeing him again seeping into my voice. But the anxiousness still filled my subconscious.

"Uh... hi." Percy replied awkwardly, finding himself returning the bright smile. He had been seemingly waiting for me to arrive.

"What are you doing here? Your room's downstairs." I laughed a little, assuming that he had gotten confused somehow and finding it rather amusing. Though no-one could blame him, it was a very trying night. Even the Twins seemed less energetic than usual.

He coughed, clearing the tension in both his throat and between us as he took a step closer. "I... actually came to wish you goodnight."

I couldn't help but smile. He never let me sleep without one, and even after a long day like this where he was surely pretty exhausted, he came to wish me goodnight. He had always put in immense effort to see me, no matter when or what time it was. It was one of the any things I appreciated so much about him. Now the lump in my throat was back.

"Oh that's sweet, thank you." I smiled again, finding him to be matching my grin.

I found my eyes trailing down toward his chest, about to mentally slap myself for being so intrusive, when I soon spotted something interesting.

"What's with the tie?" I asked, walking over to him and lifting the string of fabric towards me to take a closer inspection. I hadn't yet picked up on just how close we where standing.

It was made of a soft silk, hung loosely around his neck and that strangely enough, also perfectly matched the colour of my dress. I even hadn't noticed it until now, not even while we where dancing. Though I must admit, was was a tad distracted.

"Oh." He looked down at the tie as he took it from my grasp, running a hand over it to smooth it down onto his chest. "Mum and the Twins insisted on it. I honestly didn't realise why until I saw you at the party."

He glanced at my dress, causing me to instinctively look down at it with a blush, also beginning to nervously smooth it out. Now I knew why that friend of Molly's had thought we where together.

I breathed out a chuckle. "I think I know why to."

"Looks like they're finally beginning to pick up on it, huh?" Percy teased. The way it had sounded caused my cheeks to dust a light pink. "Seems like practicing the whole 'fake dating' thing before was a good idea." He smiled.

It was ment as a compliment, but I felt my heart sink a little at his words, and I wasn't quite sure why. I shifted on my feet, absentmindedly playing with the rings on my fingers. "Yeah, it was convincing." I tried not to mumble as I spoke, or to avoid his eyes, but possibly some of it had come out of instinct.

Percy's eyebrows furrowed together, which I had noticed he always did when he was concerned about something, as he took in my expression. I saw the gears turning around in his head, before they soon snapped shut in a sudden moment of realisation.

Oh, he'd though to himself, the small pieces of the puzzle finally coming together.

He had finally realised, only I hadn't yet.

I ran my toungue along my bottom lip, plastering him with a fake smile. "I like it, I think it really suits you." I said, turning my attention to the wooden flooring beneath my feet that I was sudden very intrigued by.

What I had said wasn't ment as a joke, nor as a lie - the colour really did something to him. I wasn't quite sure what it was, but it worked some kind of magic to his smile. Thought the smiles he gave me where always pretty magical.

Percy's lips turned upwards into an almost triumphant grin, ducking his head a little to meet my avoiding eyes. "Why thank you, Darling." He smiled.

I felt my cheeks flush at the newly found nickname, not picking up on how I nervously gulped and shifted my eyes to avoid his when he was this close to me.

But in a sudden movement that surprised me so much I almost doubled back, he stepped even closer.

"Perce, what are you-" I was interuppted by his hands finding their way to my face, the end of my sentence lost in the wind.

The bottom of his palms rested against my cheeks, fingers weaving through the hair on the back of my head with small, gentle strokes. The sudden contact had surprised me, a small gasp escaping my lips.

Percy's eyes didn't look away from mine, not even for a second, and I could have sworn I saw him lean in slightly, my body having the automatic reaction to do the same. I soon found myself wrapping an arm over the back of his neck as we drew even closer. I was struck by the sudden urge to kiss him.

I couldn't keep hiding how I felt, and I couldn't keep pretending that I wasn't feeling something for him when I really, truly was. Something so completely un-platonic it had hurt to think about it as anything but.

"Percy..." I began, gulping as his eyes darted from my lips back up to meet my eyes.

"I know, Love, I know." He said, holding my gaze as his thumb brushed back a forth against my cheek.

I couldn't keep waiting for him to finally do something, I couldn't-

But he had instantly stopped any and all thoughts running through my head by pulling me toward him impatiently, and finally pressing his soft lips against mine.

It took me a moment to fully process what was happening.

The kiss was so unexpected and impulsive it sent exited chills up my spine. I felt so weak in the knees and so utterly shocked had to regain my balance while my legs no longer supported the rest of me. I clung to him as if he was about to slip away from me forever. His hand left the side of my face and grazed it softly under my jaw, tilting my head up to be level with his. My chest was so tightly pressed to his, both obviously aware of the other's hearts thumping so crazily against eachother.

We then both reluctantly pulled back, knowing that if we continued we might faint from not getting enough air into our lungs.

And in that exact moment, the same time I was gazing into his beautiful brown eyes and catching my breath, was when I everything that had just happened within a span of a few minutes had finally caught up to me.

Holy fucking shit.

A/n: Annnd that's a wrap!
Imma just leave this here ;)
See you all in the next chapter x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 17.6K 40
it's arrange marriage story but with a little twist.... story of a NRI boy and a VILLAGE girl... cover credit : @sidnaaz23
370K 7.8K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2.8K 68 5
(This is a Nimona x reader book! Y/n in this book is based off Jack frost!) °•☆•°Y/n was only 15 when they basically died. They were friends with bot...