Chapter Fourty Eight : The Big Final Night

A/n:

Hello everyone! I'm sorry this chapter took so long, but I'm honestly glad it did. Because I took my time a bit longer than usual, I'm really 100% proud of this one. It's definitely my favourite, and longest so far and I really hope you guys love it as much as I do!

And I also just wanted to make extra sure that this chapter led up to the plot of the next few after this correctly. The story so far has been a little still...

So, for those who like a little drama, you'll be thanking me for the next few chapters ;)

Anyways, I love you guys and make sure to enjoy with the chapter with this music in mind! ⬆️😌

Okay byeee xxx

Y/n's POV:

The night was cool, the moon painting everything with a beautiful silvery glow, like a fine layer of snow. The air had a certain coolness to it, the fresh smell of rain lingering in slow breeze the wafted through the garden. The snow that had only begun to appear a few days ago had already melted away, and it felt like a shame to spend the new year without it. But in a way- it had given the earth a blank slate.

A fresh start; a beginning for the new year that was about to commence.

Given, it technically wouldn't be for a few more hours, but it was almost as if you could feel it in the air - breathe it all in.

"Watch out!" The Twins yelled, speeding past to chance after something flying through the air.

I had just managed to jump out of the way split seconds before they sped past, cursing at the pair. "Be more careful next time you biggots!" I yelled back, blowing a strand of hair out from the front of my face.

Okay, well- maybe not everything was suddenly going to change just because it was almost the new year. And frankly, I was getting a bit ahead of myself. It was always times like these that made me begin to get a little overly sentimental.

"We will!" They called back, still chasing after their newly invented 'flying chocolate snitches'. Definitely the lesser of two evils compared to some of they other stuff they'd been creating, but not one of the easiest to taste test.

I rolled my eyes at their response. Yeah right.

"I must admit, I was sad to miss out on the preparations..." Arthur said, "but none the matter! I'm just glad I can be here today." His spirits soon lifted, voice tingling with new found hope.

"Yeah." Bill smiled and noted cheerfully. "We're all so glad you could be here, Dad."

Because of Arthur's high focused job at the minestry, his holidays and the days that he got off where always pretty scarce. We where never quite sure if he could make it sometimes. But when it came to important times and events like these, he somehow always managed to pull through.

And it was clear everyone was happy to hear this, even Percy. Even though he'd tried his best to hide it - you could still tell that he still cared alot for his family, especially his Dad.

But, if things weren't already going bad enough as they where before, a crash soon followed - interrupting the tender moment the father and son had shared.

"Honestly Fred, George! How many times have I told you not to play around with the plates?" Molly lectured, slapping each one of them around the ear as they sped off, laughing.

"I bet you didn't miss that." I laughed, Arthur chuckling a little with a knowing twinkle in his eye.

"Good! Now that all plates are all out, I can finally-" Charlie began, coming back inside, then glaring at the sight of the now shattered plates. "Oh come on!" He threw his hand in their air, storming back inside.