Chapter Six : Home

Y/n's POV:

"Are you guys ready? You have to leave for Hogwarts soon!" I heard Arthur call from downstairs. He didn't usally raise his voice but he did do it accasionally to get us up and going when Molly was busy with something else or when he was especially angry.

"Coming!" A couple of voices, including my own, chorused.

I had just finished packing the last of my stuff, leaving
Y/o/n to quickly fly around outside to spread her wings a little before getting back in her cage for a long journey back to Hogwarts.

I hated that I had to constantly keep her couped up in that thing during the Holidays and trips, but I was just glad we where allowed to let Owl's fly about Hogwarts. I think she understood this too after a couple of years but that didn't mean she liked it.

I was already downstairs with Molly, Arthur, Percy and Charlie when more hurried footsteps thundered around the house. These where followed by the voices of Hermione, Ron, George, Fred, Harry and Ginny.

Ginny wasn't able to go to Hogwarts until next year when Charlie would have already left and Percy and I would be in our sixth year. She hated the fact that she wouldn't have anyone to hang out with at home anymore and even though she didn't like to admit it, she loved her brothers.

It took her alot of convincing (and some bribery from Fred) to stop her from sneekily joining us on the train and riding off to Hogwarts with us. She still insisted of coming with us to 9¾ however.

"Alright! Everyone got everything?" Molly clapped her hands together and we all nodded. "Ok, good, them let's go."

We held onto Molly, Arthur and Charlie's (who was now old enough to apparate) hands as we apparated to 9¾. When we arrived, I clutched my stomach and groaned from the sudden nausia appearing.

I will never get used to that feeling, I thought.

"You alright?" Charlie turned to me, noticing me discomfort.

"Yep. I just need to get used to apparating more." I replied. He chuckled and ran in-between the walls 9 and 10. George, Fred and I followed behind him along with everyone else.

Ginny, Harry, Hermione and Finally let out and audible gasp and I giggled at their reactions. "I know. Beautiful, isn't it?"

The sight of the magnificent red train and the the station never failed to amaze me, even now. There where a big crowd of students and teachers, some new and very scared and others who new exactly what they where doing. One kid even started crying so much their older sibling had to try to comfort them.

When I turned back to the group and said my goodbyes, I saw Hermione standing still looking a little terrified. "Hey, are you alright?" I bent down on one knee to see her expression clearly but she turned away from my gaze and shook her head.

"I know, it's scary isn't it? You know I was scared too when I first got here." I tired to comfort her, knowing exactly what she was worried about.

She turned her view back up to me in surprise. "Really?" She asked, seemingly less nervous than before.

"Oh absolutely. I was so scared I cried even. It was all new to me too and my father didn't exactly know how to comfort me because it was all new to him too. But you know what the difference between you and me are in this situation?" She shook her head, confused. "You're not alone."

She looked at me questioningly.

"Well, for starters you have Ron who can help you around because he knows what to expect himself. And two, you have Harry who only just found out he was a Wizard about three weeks ago and it's still all new to him too. You are very much not alone." This seemed to cheer her up a little and she wiped away her tears and smiled up at me.

"And not only do you have them, you also have Arthur and Molly who spent seven years at Hogwarts and have alot of experience and you also have Charlie, Percy and I who are at the school if you need absolutely anything." She smiled even wider, all previous sadness ridden on her face.

She then walked up and hugged me so suddenly and tightly I almost fell back a little but I didn't hesitate to hug back.

What many people didn't get, was just how terrified most Muggle-born and Half-blood first years where and they just expected us to get used to it instantly. No matter how much research and analysis Hermione and others did, it was all still very new to us.

"Oh but don't think I've forgotten about you two." I turned to Harry and Ron and pulled them into a bone-crushing hug.

I wispered, "And I promise, if you ever need advice or help with homework, don't be afraid to come talk to me Charlie or Percy." I pulled away a couple seconds later.

They exitedly said their goodbyes and ran towards the train in full speed and filled with excitement. I simply smiled.

"Ugh I feel like a proud parent!" I dramatically gasped and wiped fake tears from my face. The twins laughed.

"Come on then, let's goooo!" Fred pulled both George and I by the writs and pulled the three of us to the train.

I couldn't wait for what was in store for us this year.

Word count: 938