Chapter Fifty : My Love

A/n: Hey guys! I'm going to try to keep this note short.

I'm sorry this chapter was so delayed, I was having trouble figuring out how to plan it all and to get the plot moving, so I hope this is worth the wait!

Enjoy this very special finale ;)

Percy's POV:

I almost gasped for air as I pulled back.

I was frozen in place, close to prettified as I had realised what had just occured. My thoughts where running around in circles, stomach churning with an unfamiliar sensation, insides twisting - and all coming to the same panicked conclusion.

I had just kissed Y/n.

Oh fuck

Oh fuck

But despite this insane realisation, I soon realized that I hadn't been as panicked about it as I imagined I would have. I was oddly calm about it all, which was frankly beside myself. And I would have never admitted myself until years later that that moment I had shared with her was probably the safest I had felt in years.

But as I much as I had wanted to continue the glorious kiss, I needed air.

My hands where still resting gently on Y/n's face as I caught my breath, staring back into her eyes with a smile that could have stretched miles.

I searched her eyes in hopes of seeing something, a look of surprise was to be expected, but what I surely hadn't - was a look of pure fear.

Had I been too hasty? Had I somehow said something wrong? Had I scared her? Or had I done the wrong thing by not asking her first?

Had I possibly just screwed up the only chance I would ever have with her again?

These unconscious thoughts ran through my head like crazy, unable to swallow the painful lump in my throat as she cautiously took a few steps back. 

"I'm sorry," I immediately began to apologize, fearful that I had somehow scared her, "I didn't mean to, I-" I interuppted myself at her saddened face.

"No, no, not that I didn't- I really wanted to kiss you, for a while actually." I was stammering. "I just..."

"I have to go."

I looked back down at her, eyes turning away from all across the room in the midst of my chaos, expression asking her, 'what'?

"I'm- I'm sorry but I really have to go." I felt my heart crack as she had begun to walk away, the tears threatening to spill when I heard her voice break.

I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what to feel, I just stood - completely frozen in place, the feeling so raw and painful. I leaned my head back, whispering a quiet, "fuck," to myself as I ran a frustrated hand through my hair.

I couldn't believe how much I had just screwed this up! Y/n was probably feeling horrified, when all I had wanted to do was show her how much I liked her.

I just... wanted her to know.

That kiss had stirred something inside of me I hadn't thought possible. Her eyes, her smile... simply everything about her constantly reminded me of what I adored.

And seeing her dance with Ginny at the new years eve party, how well she got on with all five my brothers and just how much everyone else seemed love her... it to had made me realize just how much I loved her.

And she didn't have to be anything other than herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had tossed and turned the night away, my eyes never seeming to shut, feeling my body scream at me just as Oliver and Callum had. They where understandably frustrated, but so was I. I had told them to shut up, which had seemed to work in my favour as they did just that.