Chapter Fourty Four : Meeting The Parent

Y/n's POV:

It was pretty late the next morning, and I had only just woken up. The sun had shone through the gabs in my window casting a beam of light to lay against the floor. The house was comfortably warm, all thanks to the newly fixated heating system, so I able able to lower down on my layers.

Shuffling to the kitchen in my fluffy striped socks, I rubbed my eyes with my palms to get them to focus as I headed straight for the fridge. And I didn't bothering taking a quick look around the room before I did - I was starving.

"Mooooooring." I heard a voice drag on, taking a sip from their coffee mug.

"Mmm." I hummed, too tired and lazy to even string a few sentences together.

"Wow, you seem chipper." Callum said, helping himself to another to the last chocolate croissant.

"How could you tell?" I spoke sarcastically, my voice so tired I was beginning to sound like Snape. Which I don't think was someone anyone ever wanted to sound like.

Callum rolled his eyes and joined everyone else past the swinging doors. And so I was left to my one devises, lazily preparing some cereal and enjoy the peacefulness that came with eating it alone.

Almost everyone was sat in the lounge, sat around in the lounge tired as normal, catching up on some boring news and boardgames, completely unaware of their surroundings. That was, until, a sudden gust of green flames escaped from the fireplace and a figure soon came into view.

The person coughed, dropping a small suitcase to the ground to wave away some of the smoke as they stepped out of the fireplace. Everyone stared at them in shock, having no clue why this strange man was suddenly standing in their living room.

"Uhm..." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "I'm hoping you guys are the Weasley's?"

They all silently nodded, gripping onto the wands in their pockets just in case. Even if this man seemed harmless.

"Who are you and what are you doing in our house?" Fred said, suddenly pulling out his wand and pointed it straight at him.

"Woah, woah!" He raised his hands up as if he was being cornered by police. "I don't want any trouble kid- I just came to see..."

At the sound of chaos coming from the other room, I walked out of the kitchen - wand in hand. But I immediately hid it in my pocket as I saw who it was. "Dad?" I asked. What the bloody hell was he doing here?

"Oh, good. You are here." My Dad laughed, feeling his shoulders relax. "I came to bring you some stuff your forgot at home."

"Fred, put the damn wand down." I lectured, watching his arm fall.

"I thought you where still at work?" I asked, taking the suitcase from the floor as I dusted it off.

"My boss let me have the rest of the day off seeing as I worked some long hours last night." He clarified. "And then I remembered that you forgot some of your stuff at home, and I actually just going to mail to you, but I thought I'd might as well drop by. Maybe get to meet the Weasley's to. Thought I don't think that's going well."

I took a quick look at some of the people in the room, glaring at them and shaking my head disapprovingly.

"I sent you an Owl maybe half an hour ago saying I was going to come." My Dad added. "Hopefully to avoid this." He motioned his hand around at each person in the room.

I laughed. "Unfortunately, the Owl's are not that fast."

"So... you're Y/n's Dad?" George asked.

He nodded. "Yes, you don't see the resemblance?" He pulled me close to him, wrapping and arm around my shoulder so we where side-by-side.